• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Club Nintendo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh, definitely seems like a worthwhile idea for anyone who still has the coins, I could go for it but none of the physical rewards really interest me. Still not sure what games I want to get though since none of the Wii U/3DS full games really interest me. A Link to the Past and Mario Tennis 64 are looking like a maybe though.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
European Club Nintendo is restocking; see here and here.

Oh my god, I need points, and fast. I don't care how I'll do it, but I need that MK8 OST and Club Nintendo Goodbye Coin. I just regret younger me selling off the Mario 25th Anniversary Coin to some guy in Saudi Arabia because I was desperate for money at the time, otherwise I might have had the possibility of owning the full Club Nintendo coin trio.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Obligatory "European Club Nintendo is better than US" post.

Those are some nice rewards though, that's the kind of thing that would get me to hurry up and spend my remaining 800+ coins.

Because it is! I'm just speechless. How could two programs with the same name that are supposedly the same service, have such completely different prizes!? I want this stuff so much more than a couple of random 3DS games I would never buy normally and some even more random $5 Virtual Console games. I can't put into words how upset I am right now.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

TheEliteEmpoleon

European Club Nintendo is restocking; see here and here.

Now if only the US CN would. If they don't by the end, then I'll get the 3ds pouch and one of the 200 coin games, and that'll leave me with fifty coins to be wasted.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Now if only the US CN would. If they don't by the end, then I'll get the 3ds pouch and one of the 200 coin games, and that'll leave me with fifty coins to be wasted.

Welcome to the 50 Coins left dilema my friend.

Aegon

I already own the Leaf and Mushroom Cup trophies, so I'd like to redeem my points for something different this time. The Club Nintendo coin is the obvious choice, though the Captain Toad lamp is pretty cute. I'll have to register the games I purchased over the past few months shortly. My Stars Balance amounts to only 1500 at the moment. I've earned a total of 21300, yet the items I've bought from the catalogue don't add up to that figure. 3450 Stars must have expired at some point. :/

Aegon

Isn't it too late to register games now?
It can be done until the end of September on the EU site. I registered a few earlier today, but most of my recent purchases weren't eligible. The codes that accompanied AS, MM3D, Hyrule Warriors and both Bayonetta games expired at the end of March. Older games that I registered this afternoon had 2017 as their year of expiry. I doubt I'll have enough for the commemorative coin. Why, Nintendo? Why would you do this? :(

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So we're almost at that time, guess NA isn't getting those nice rewards that Europe got though I can't say I'm surprised. Oh well. Now all that's left on the physical rewards side is Nintendogs greeting cards (unsurprisingly). Make sure you don't leave any of those coins unspent if you have enough for anything though, just a little over two weeks before we can no longer redeem coins.

I myself still had 895 saved just in the off chance they added something, though honestly there isn't anything else that I don't already have or really want. I also don't have a Classic controller to play most of the cool Wii VC games that I'd actually want and I'm too lazy to bother getting the Wii out of the closet just for that. It's likely I will unironically get Sticker Star though. I'd rather get a subpar new game than get stuff I already have personally. If I hate it oh well, least I didn't spend money on it, and if I happen to actually not hate the game that's all the better.

Tangeh

I got an e-mail this morning saying my legend of zelda 3DS pouch shipped, so that's cool. Anyone else?

TheEliteEmpoleon

Just got my code for a game that I've really wanted to play for a long time now: Golden Sun! (I hope you're proud Psynergy) I've heard a bunch of great things, so I'm pretty excited. It leaves me with 350 coins, though, enough for a few different combinations of games in terms of value. Any suggestions?

woot21

super noob
So, I'm sitting on 450 coins, and don't want any of the rewards I don't have yet. What do? Is there a rule on giving away games here that I missed? If so I'll go elsewhere.

woot21 out dawgs

I don't think there's a rule against that. Some people gave away Club Nintendo codes in this thread (for which I am very grateful!) and the mods didn't mind. Could be useful to ask the mods directly.

Anyway, I wish I had a superpower that just lets me know the future regarding sales and things like that. If I'd known in advance that the Mario T-shirt would be well stocked enough to go on sale for half price (not to mention the Mario calendar that I didn't get), I totally would have waited.

Still, Club Nintendo has been amazing! I'll definitely be looking forward to whatever thing they come up with to replace it!

EDIT: Many thanks woot21! The code you gave me adds just one more great memory of Club Nintendo!

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I personally don't see an issue with offering to give away download codes for Club Nintendo games, just as long as it's not in exchange for anything in return. And of course as long as people aren't begging for someone to give them a free download code.

woot21

super noob
I personally don't see an issue with offering to give away download codes for Club Nintendo games, just as long as it's not in exchange for anything in return. And of course as long as people aren't begging for someone to give them a free download code.
That settles the question then.

EDIT: And they're gone.

woot21 out dawgs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.