• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Clubsplosion Begins! (731)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
He did it again??? That pretty much confirms it then:
- Seismitoad's debut: ZOMG! That's Palpitoad's evolution!!!
- Second appearance: OMG SEISMITOAD!!! :D

It wasn't so much an omg moment but more of a "..Gamageroge!" as it came out of the Pokeball.. Either way, it definitely caught his eye.

I must say,this will be 1 of my favorite episodes.New tournament,Bianca knocks Ash in the water(although with Bianca,this will always happen)new trainers and pokemon,it's just awesome.Scraggy using leer on Akkie will always be the best moment ever.Just 1 thing.When Burgundy came,how did Ash,Iris and Bianca not notice?Are they half death or something?
Ash vs Akkie-Cool.
Cilan vs Flora-LAMEST BATTLE EVER!Except when Pansage used Solarbeam and his eyes turned yellow!
Stephan(or whatever his name is)vsEdmund-Really good battle.Close Combat looked epic.

Just a good episode nevertheless.

96/100

Luthor

A fairly good episode it was good to see some more development for scraggy, it's first real battle apart from it's training partner and it learns a new move.I do enjoy thes small tornaments as they give a break between gyms but still show some interesting battles.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't know, it seems more like Bianca is just really enthusiastic about fighting type Pokemon. I think I saw her going after Scraggy in the preview for the next episode so maybe that's it. Though it's true she does have a fascination with muscles it seems.

It explains why she realies so much on the sausage wrap than her other Pokemon. Just like Iris over uses Excadrill when it's the most important.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Sounds like the reunion of rivals are back in this tournament sponsored by Don George. Ash seems to be used to by knocked into the water by Bianca. Stephan seems to be doing it pretty well. It was so nice that Ashy cheering for him. Iris and Georgia continues with the intense rivalry, Burgundy seeks revenge on Cilan, and Ash encounters the enemy Trip. Its nice to see Toroh in the anime. I can't believe that Stephan happens to encounter another rival who isn't friendly. But I hope that Stephan can win this tournament. Ash's Scraggy learned Focus Blast, which is sweet and score a knock-out as he took down Simisage. Bianca seems to admire Sawk's muscles. I don't blame Bianca for being angry at Trip due to his arrogance.

-Sawk's Bulk Up still looks creepy as hell. Good to know.

Hey, be thankful Bulk Up never looked like that when Ursaring used it. Now THAT would be creepy.

G50

No longer posting
The prize ends up being a year's supply of vitamins (how is the winner going to carry and keep all of these?)
Bianca really loves big strong muscles.
The Rain Man Joke about him speeding up the battle, and him summoning the rain was funny.

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
:sigh: If Ash would have won those, I could see each one of his Pokemon getting one. But no. Yet again another character gets such awesome stuff. Then we see Ash with things like Soothe bells and crap like that. But I'm happy about Scraggy. 9/10

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Focus Blast is REALLY popular these days...geeze. Everyone gets one.

It was absolutely wonderful to see such innovative designs for these one-off characters. They all actually seem to have lives, not just exist solely to enter the tournament and be the fall guy/winner.

Bianca...what is your fetish. That's disturbing.

gliscor&yanmega

Finally watched it.

Burgundy kind of confuses me. She was fine with Cilan at the end of the last Don Battles, but she seems to be hating on him still, although it kind of seems like she has some more respect for him now...I think...

A years supply of Vitamins...using that all in one day should be interesting to see.

I loved Edmond overall. His design was interesting, his personality was creepy, and his voice sounded pretty nice to me and I usually don't think much of the Japanese voices most of the time, also interesting to note that Edmond's voice actor also voices Stephan's Sawk, interesting to me at less. I hope Edmond appears again, he can make it rain whenever he wants, he is awesome :3

Masaomi seems more interesting to me now that I have a better look at his personality, although not much more to him then him just being a jerk, but it's nice when jerks get what's coming to them.

I loved how Ash's and Akkie's battle started with the battle music then quickly went to comedic relief. The eye popping out of Simisage is still funny...although still messed up...still...it's funny. I liked that they had Burgundy and Georgia join in with the shock look when Scraggy was about to be hit with Giga Impact, makes them feel more apart of the group. Also liked Axew's expression when Scraggy learned Focus Blast. Again, liked that Burgundy and Georgia were in the group shot when Focus Blast missed. Also liked when Scraggy used Leer(or maybe it was just making faces) on Simisage after it recovered, was funny. And finally, I liked how Akkie's hair got messed up once Simisage lost. Overall, this was my favorite battle, really enjoyed all the moments of it.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Yes I agree, Georgia and Burgundy really feel involved with the team. As in they are rivals but they can be peaceful with each other.

G50

No longer posting
:sigh: If Ash would have won those, I could see each one of his Pokemon getting one. But no. Yet again another character gets such awesome stuff. Then we see Ash with things like Soothe bells and crap like that. But I'm happy about Scraggy. 9/10

Although, even if he was able to win them, how would he even be able to carry them around? In this episode they said a "year's Supply". That's a whole lot to carry around.

CupidKirby

Just saw the episode. I'm so happy Scraggy can actually battle on equal ground with a pokemon who isn't Axew now. And honestly, I kind of hope they tell us this whole focus blast missing issue was because it has bad accuracy and not that Scraggy hadn't mastered it yet. That Excadrill training episode was enough for me.

Hey, so they're introducing a rival for Ash's rival? Interesting...

Yeah, Bianca bumping ash is getting old... i'm betting sometime it will be the other way around, for a change once.
Also the Vitaman Prize looks like it's to be used on the pokemon unlike that wing set from the last tornement.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Focus Blast is REALLY popular these days...geeze. Everyone gets one.

It was absolutely wonderful to see such innovative designs for these one-off characters. They all actually seem to have lives, not just exist solely to enter the tournament and be the fall guy/winner.

Bianca...what is your fetish. That's disturbing.

Everyone . . . so Excadrill and Scraggy are everyone?

You're right on every other account, though. These are good one-off characters and Bianca's muscle fetish is incredibly disturbing.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Edmund sounds like an emo James?

EDIT: Turns out that James and Edmund are voiced by the same guy, so I guess my previous comment makes sense :p

Last edited:

SmartD

It's a good episode. Trip's Gurdurr has evolved into Conkeldurr and Scraggy learns Focus Blast. The Clubsplosion is off to a good start.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I'm really loving these battle arcs that feature ash and co. And their rivals. I was real surprised to see all the vitamins in the anime. Hp up, attack, defense etc. Is this a first after all these years?

Plus I'm already lookin forward to seeing both sawk and throh battle each other in the future. I know that's got to happen since I don't look at the spoilers

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. Some parts at the beginning were old, such as Bianca bumping into Ash. The battle between Scraggy and Simisage was very close, as well. Looking forward to the next episode.

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
I will admit, Scraggy did really well, especially since his learning Focus Blast could be his responding to Ash's feelings and intensity. I do kinda wish Trip would realize Ash is better than he thinks he is, since Ash had been the runner-up of the Club Battle and Trip only placed in the Top 16. I mean, his thinking it's over so soon without even trying to see if Ash's gonna make a comeback or not is getting old fast.

Last edited:

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
As someone else said, this is a good start for the clubsplosion and these 1 v 1 battles are really fast paced so its hard to keep up. Its good to see Stephan, Cilan and Ash get through to round two, in those battles lots of action but the thing to note is Scraggy's new move; Focus Blast which, like in the games, is hit and miss at times :p. We were left at the beginning of the first round match between Burgandy and Iris, who will prevail?

Also, I don't know why but Bianca knocking Ash into the water made me laugh this time as last time it didn't.

Anyway, onto the conclusion of round one in the next episode!