• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Clubsplosion Begins! (731)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I kinda liked this episode with the reunion of all the characters, the new pokemon, and such. Thought the battles went rather well and I look forward to seeing what comes next.

cg19293

I don't care for much of the BW episodes but I do love these tournament eps, particularly with all the different rivalries. Also really enjoyed the battles with little twists such as Seismitoad being slowed down by it's injury and Simisage stepping on Scraggy's skin to land it's attack. Only thing that annoyed me was Trip's "boonies" jibe, though it was hilarious seeing Bianca's angry reaction to his arrogance.

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Man do I love these tournament arcs, and seeing all the rivals in one place is the best part besides the battling.

Edmund actually does sound like James, but from the earlier seasons with a tad of "gloom" to it to fit this guy's character. Nice touch.

Poor Stephan, no one gets his name right, at all. I chuckled a bit when he said he's starting to forget how his name is meant to be pronounced. xD

That one guy's Simisage sounded very odd, and it began to feel very irritating. I hope Cilan doesn't evolve Pansage to sound like that.

None of the 8 characters bored me in this episode; they have a purpose and it's well delivered as always. Again it's why I enjoy these tournament arcs.

Burgundy intrigues me at the ending, saying she's gotten a lot stronger. Hope she lives up to that statement in the next episode.

Azureth

Iris hasn't competed in a long time? She won the last tournament, and it wasn't that long ago. <_<

Scraggy is the worst choice Ash could make for a tournament full of fighting pokemon.

Didn't notice this last time, but why does each of the main cast have an annoying rival?

Holy crap. A year supply of vitamins? That's insanely valuable. Huge improvement over the last tournament. 0_0

New move for Scraggy!

And.... it's going to take 20 episodes before he masters it. This is really tired. -_-

ArielSummer

Iris hasn't competed in a long time? She won the last tournament, and it wasn't that long ago. <_<

Scraggy is the worst choice Ash could make for a tournament full of fighting pokemon.

Didn't notice this last time, but why does each of the main cast have an annoying rival?

Holy crap. A year supply of vitamins? That's insanely valuable. Huge improvement over the last tournament. 0_0

New move for Scraggy!

And.... it's going to take 20 episodes before he masters it. This is really tired. -_-

Oh gee thansk for spoiling it!

G50

No longer posting
Edmund's voice was really creepy... I really like how Seed Bomb was animated, it looks even cooler than its game animation.

The Throh/Throw pun I wish would've been better though...

Man do I love these tournament arcs, and seeing all the rivals in one place is the best part besides the battling.

Edmund actually does sound like James, but from the earlier seasons with a tad of "gloom" to it to fit this guy's character. Nice touch.

Poor Stephan, no one gets his name right, at all. I chuckled a bit when he said he's starting to forget how his name is meant to be pronounced. xD

That one guy's Simisage sounded very odd, and it began to feel very irritating. I hope Cilan doesn't evolve Pansage to sound like that.

None of the 8 characters bored me in this episode; they have a purpose and it's well delivered as always. Again it's why I enjoy these tournament arcs.

Burgundy intrigues me at the ending, saying she's gotten a lot stronger. Hope she lives up to that statement in the next episode.

I agree with you. Tournaments are always my favorites! Leagues, Grand Festivals, World Tournament (I can't wait for that), and these tournaments are my favorite episodes, it seems. Burgundy and Georgia are awesome. I loved Georgia's remark to Burgundy. I don't remember what exactly she said, but it was hilarious.

The Throh/Throw pun I wish would've been better though...

The "u will nag at my nageki" pun wasn't all that good either, so I don't see the problem.

Oh gee thansk for spoiling it!

wdf is wrong with you the user didn't spoil anything.

===
I don't like tournaments all that much, because most of the time, they're done badly. This is one of the badly written tournaments. But I can say I enjoyed this episode. Simisage sounds like a trumpet underwater, ha.

DMerle

Guess who's back
This was one of the better episodes of Rival Destinies IMO, I was impressed that they managed to make the battles somewhat interesting, and maintain a decent amount of tension despite the lack of battles against reoccurring characters.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Very very nice episode!
I give it 9,5/10, I like this arc although Trip lost against Bianca!
Hopefully Trip wins and more developments soon in World Tournament XD

Battra

Are the writers really not able to work on any sort of story advancement or feature Team Plasma, do we really need another mini tournament filler just to show off uninteresting rival battles & their obsessions with each other. We already know Stephan is going to win this tournament as evidence by the last episode. We could be getting a BW2 anime instead we get this pointless filler we all the stupid tropes that go along with Pokemon.

J Ken

RAVE
I liked the Clubsplosion arc. It was great to see all the rivals together after most of them basically disappeared after the Club Battle. It sucked how the Clubsplosion was only a one Pokemon only tournament. It would have been good to see how much all the rivals Pokemon grew. It was disappointing how in this tournament only Bianca and Stephan really moved up from their positions in the last tournament.