• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Colony of Eden - A Zombie based RPG SU

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
The Colony of Eden - A Zombie based RPG SU (Always Accepting)

*Tip*-It is recommended (but not required) you read the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brookes as this RPG is (somewhat) inspired by it.

Sign-ups will remain open indefinitely.

( Part of intro ----->)He comes from the grave, his body a home of worms and filth. No life in his eyes, no warmth in his skin, no beating of his (chest). His soul as empty and dark as the night sky. He laughs at the blade, spits at the arrow as they will not harm his flesh. For eternity, he will walk the earth, smelling the sweet blood of the living, feasting upon the bones of the damned. Beware, for he is the living dead.
-Obscure Hindu Text, circa 1000 B.C.E.

It is 2030. The war for humanity rages on against all Undead. We are on the brink of loss with very few spots of society still remaining. While the government in hiding continues its façade of a political system, The ordinary citizens of the former U.S.A have been left to suffer. In lieu of this surprising turn of events, those who have decided not to give up sought out shelter in the tundra of the Yukon creating the first zombie safe-haven. When the living dead triumphed, the world degenerated into utter chaos. With the total collapse of law-and-order, small bands of individuals emerged to assert their authority. Looters, bandits, and common thugs prey on the survivors, taking whatever they want and indulging in whatever pleasure they can find. What police and military forces are lefty serve as protection for the government in hiding, deserted in attempts to save their families, or degenerated into bandits themselves. Isolated cities became battlegrounds, with scattered groups of abandoned citizens fighting to defend barricaded areas from both zombies and human renegades. The countryside flourishes with zombies. With cities picked clean of humanity, the undead fan out in search of prey. Country homes and suburban neighborhoods are torn to shreds as citizens flee, attempt to stand and fight, or wait helplessly for the slouching multitudes to engulf them. We are part of the colony of Eden. Every day is a continues fight for your life. All males over the age of fifteen are drafted into the military while females have the option to join if they wish. You are one of the elite soldiers part of the Z.A.P (Zombie Assassination Project). With the upcoming epidemic "crawling" (hehe) closer each minute we need to protect the colony with the best protection possible and eradicate the undead before the worst possible scenario is in effect. A period of silence unknown for generations and a world ruled by the undead.

About Eden:

Population: 50 people MOL

Kind of buildings: Wooden buildings

Resources: Apparently farmed, grown, mined, self-produced pretty much.

Government: Open Democracy (like the Greeks)

Jobs- Everybody has a military role and a normal job. ex: Sniper and Carpenter

Sophistication. Just a 1950's style simplistic time. Sort of like a utopia except with zombies .

Name-

Age-

Gender- (Male/Female)

Personality- (Be sensible about this. Don't just post "____ is happy all the time and is never mad" or something short like that.)

Backstory-

Image/Looks- (Also be sensible about this. Don't just post "____ has brown eyes and a black shirt" or something like that. Feel free to elaborate! Can be a picture)

Theme Song- (Not needed, this one is for fun)

Weaponry-(List everything that may be part of this including armor, ranged and melee weapons, strategy, etc...)

Have you read The Zombie Survival Guide?-

Skills-

Job within the Colony-
Mine is..

Name- Maru Ichiraku

Age- 19

Gender- Male

Personality- Maru Ichiraku is a lone wolf sort of character. He cares for no one but himself due to the zombification of his whole family.

Backstory- Maru once lived a happy life with his mother Sakura who ran a church in their hometown. Although non-religious, Maru enjoyed helping out the church in a variety of ways. He made the best pies you would've ever tasted and the most mouth-watering cupcakes imaginable. Maru's father was in the military so he was never home but on a rare occasion he showed up on the door step and would stay for a few days before going back to the base where he was stationed. When the alarms were raised, Maru and his mother managed to survive by staying in the cellar of their church, a week or so before this all happened Sakura got a call from her husband Madara saying to be prepared for the worst in a groaning type of speech like he had gone mad, when asked what was wrong with him Madara responded "I've seen some things that no one man should ever see, I was even attacked by a little girl! There was something strange about her but in a strange way I feel good....."he then Hysterically laughed "Just be prepared for the worst cause when I come home it wont be a visit".... The phone line then cut off. Back to present day. Screams and moans could be heard from outside from people, but it didn't sound like they were acting normal. A loud bang as if wood was breaking could be heard from upstairs...Maru and Sakura went to see what it was and they were astonished to see what was in front of them Madara and around 9 other men were there in their in Armor but for what reason? Seven of the men went outside to fight what was supposedly zombies while Madara and his 2 most trusted men stood before Maru. Madara commanded "Take them both downstairs now! I've got something in store for my wife!" he then laughed. Maru and his mother were thrown down the wooden stone steps leading down to the cellar. Madara and his men tied up Sakura and killed her right before Maru's very eyes, Madara shoving his crest embedded sword into her chest while she screamed in agony until she finally past. They left her hanging there as if she was just a play thing. Madara then pulled out a pistol from behind his right thigh, pointed it at Maru, and started to softly weep. Just before Madara pulled the trigger, 18 zombies bashed through the door with there bloody eyes staring intently at Madara and a Ghastly Moan piercing the soldiers ears. In the confusion, Maru was able to snatch his fathers pistol, shoot the soldiers, and continue to destroy the zombies with no looks of letting up. That fateful night left him scared for all eternity. It pained him to see the horrific process of the undead shatter through windows and zombiefy all those soldiers. As he fled with tears flowing down his face, He swore he saw his parent rise from death and chased him. He met a girl named Brandy along the way. She had shared a similar fate and was the same age so Maru agreed to travel with her. As they meandered aimlessly across ghoul-infested territory, they were rescued from the brink of death by scouts from Eden. It is there where they found his new home at last.

Image/Looks- Small and skinny, Maru wears the Standard light Kevlar vest covering the hands and arms which is bite resistant which is a full black with midnight blue strips down the sleeves. He also wears tight black leather leggings. He has a medium build and short-closely cropped black hair. He has piercing hazel eyes that seems to pierce into ones soul with a 1000-Yard Stare.

Theme Song- Alone Again (Naturally)-Gilbert O' Sullivan

Weaponry- His trusty M1 Carbine is his ranged weapon of choice with the Colt Peacemaker that killed his father as a side arm. Melee weapons are a different story though. His indoor choice of melee combat is a titanium custom made trench spike. Anywhere else it is a titanium infused refurbished steel katana. He wears the Standard light Kevlar vest covering the hands and arms which is bite resistant. He is an excellent sniper with an itchy trigger finger and a cool head.

Have you read The Zombie Survival Guide?- Yes

Skills- Effective at all ranges, Military Strategist, Most knowledgeable of zombies, Served in the Great Siberian War (Served between 2025-2028), Quietest at close-quarters combat

Job within the Colony- Gunsmith and Espionage/Sniper

Last edited:

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
oh....this makes me want to play DeadFrontier...

Ill join... hmmm... *thinks up a charcter*

Name: Azukan (deal with it) Age: 15 Gender: Male
Characteristics: Black shaggy emo-ish hair, blue eyes, awkwardly funny smile, 5"8 tall weighs 109 lbs, has a skeletal figure with bony, "spidery" hands
Weapons/Armor: .22 Calibur Rifle w/ Scope, Normal Draft Clothes w/ light Kevlar vest (bite resistant) (the vest has a painted symbol that is called "the horned A"), A steel Golf Club, and a Stiletto knife
Theme Song: Slayer of Light -Ensiferum or Pagan Storm -Wolfchant or Wishmaster -Nightwish
Have not read the book
Job in Colony: Reconassaince (mispelled i know) and Light Infantry

Lived in a small mountain town, is pretty good at traveling without being seen...
Then "they" came.... The zombiefied hell freaks started showing up in the woods... I saw one of them... eating an old woman....Ill never forget that.... I remember getting on my bike 2 days later, with a 22 calibur rifle slung over my shoulder, along with a backpack full of food... and I just left. Just like that. My family is probably gone, but I need to focus on survival... I made to it to several towns over without a scratch, these towns dont have many people, y'know? Well after all that travel, I made it to the Colony a few weeks ago, and now im living in an uncertain future...

On the bright side, ive gotten alot of practice with guns

Skills: Quick Thinking, Analytical, Conservative of Ammo, Stealth, and Strategic

(does that work?)

Last edited:

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
Wow. Accepted! did you read the book?

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Wow. Accepted! did you read the book?

nope, but i know the basics

Animals cant be infected, they die instead etc

But do the zombies run or do the walk?

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
As quoted from the book..
"The walking dead tend to move at a slouch or limp. Even without injuries or advanced decomposition, their lack of coordination makes for an unsteady stride. The fastest have been observed to move at barely 1 step per 1.5 seconds." And yes the book is in front of me right now at this exact moment.
This isn't like 28 days later where they sprint to you. If you have ever played Nazi Zombies it's like the zombies on the 1st few levels.

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Please read the RPG Rules before posting here. Your plotline needs to be at least 400 words long. Appearance and personality are both mandatory for the SU sheet, and should be at least four lines.

Please make these edits to your role-play.

(Also slow zombies are the proper zombies. Runners are bs. :>)

~Psychic

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
Please read the RPG Rules before posting here. Your plotline needs to be at least 400 words long. Appearance and personality are both mandatory for the SU sheet, and should be at least four lines.

Please make these edits to your role-play.

(Also slow zombies are the proper zombies. Runners are bs. :>)

~Psychic

Ok made it substantial longer (400 MOL)
and of course fast zombies arn't real zombies.

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
oh....this makes me want to play DeadFrontier...

Ill join... hmmm... *thinks up a charcter*

Name: Azukan (deal with it) Age: 15 Gender: Male
Characteristics: Black shaggy emo-ish hair, blue eyes, awkwardly funny smile
Weapons/Armor: .22 Calibur Rifle w/ Scope, Normal Draft Clothes w/ light Kevlar vest (bite resistant) (the vest has a painted symbol that is called "the horned A"), A steel Golf Club, and a Stiletto knife
Theme Song: Slayer of Light -Ensiferum or Pagan Storm -Wolfchant or Wishmaster -Nightwish

Lived in a small mountain town, is pretty good at traveling without being seen...
Then "they" came.... The zombiefied hell freaks started showing up in the woods... I saw one of them... eating an old woman....Ill never forget that.... I remember getting on my bike 2 days later, with a 22 calibur rifle slung over my shoulder, along with a backpack full of food... and I just left. Just like that. My family is probably gone, but I need to focus on survival... I made to it to several towns over without a scratch, these towns dont have many people, y'know? Well after all that travel, I made it to the Colony a few weeks ago, and now im living in an uncertain future...

On the bright side, ive gotten alot of practice with guns

Skills: Quick Thinking, Analytical, Conservative of Ammo, Stealth, and Strategic

Can you revise your sign-up with the updated material? thanks.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Last edited:

Titan500

Solar Panels
Name: Daniella Spring

Personality: To people who don't know her, Daniella seems like a rather kind character at first, caring for the injured, calming down crying children, smiling at people, etc. But that was only part of her personality. The other part was a slightly foul-mouthed, gun-loving, anti-pervert, machine-tinkering, undead killing girl with a very short fuse.

History: Daniella's father was a mechanic. Long before the invasion of the first undead, when she was still a young child, she liked to help her father tinker with machines and cars. It was a happy life for her in those days when she continued fixing and playing with machines.

During the zombie invasion, Daniella and her father ended up getting involved with Eden. The two became the main mechanics of the colony, helping fix up vehicles and machines.

Appearance: Daniella has short raven-black hair and chocolate brown eyes. She wears a blue jacket over her brown shirt, and has long grey pants.

Theme Song: "Loaded Gun" by The Dead 60s.

Weaponry: Daniella has a massive armory of weapons underneath her bedroom, and her own garage. In most situations she carries a Soviet AK-47, a titanium crowbar, a 12-gauge shotgun, a scythe, a Beretta Pistol, a Modified Police-issue Stun-Gun and a large supply of molotov cocktails. She wears modified titanium chain mail on her limbs under her clothing, which helps protect her from zombie bites. Her vehicle of choice is a modified Monster Truck with a revolving heavy machine gun.

Have you read The Zombie Survival Guide: Yes.

Skills: Daniella is a genius with mechanics. She can rig up a bomb with a few things from a kitchen, an alarm clock and some string. She also knows how to hot-wire a car.

Job within the Colony: Mechanic

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
interesting... Accepted!

Psychic

Really and truly
littlea53, your plot is looking a lot better, but still falls a bit short. It would be helpful if you could give more information on Eden: where is it located, how big is the population, what kinds of buildings do the live in, how do they get food/resources? How is it governed, what kinds of jobs do people have - how sophisticated is this society? Also only males go into the army but ZAP members can be any age or gender?

Additionally, Appearance and Personality each need to be at least 100 words long, no exceptions. You as the GM need to edit your sign-up sheet to set the example, and not accept SUs that cannot follow basic forum rules.

If you're having trouble giving detailed information, the Making a Sign-Up thread has plenty of advice. :)

~Psychic

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
Here is my SU. Hope it gets accepted.

Name- James Shade

Age- 23

Gender- Male

Personality- James is usually comical, pulling small pranks on the other survivors, he does this as a way of entertaining the younger survivors. Another way he does this is by doing small magic tricks, such as pulling quarters from behind peoples ears, making things appear from nowhere, that sort of thing. However when a undead shows it's ugly mug, he goes insane, not stopping until all of the infected are dead in the area.

Backstory- James grew up in a small village in Wales. James' father was one of the few scientist that was asked by the British Government to find a cure for the disease. His father however was unable to find a cure, and dove into insanity after James' mother contracted the disease.
After his father took care of his wife. He decided to use James as bait to lure zombies. James was able to exscape, he was able to get to London, where he was able to steal a few things of clothes and weapons, he also found out about Eden, hoping he would be able to help he quickly worked his way to the base. There he perfected his medical skills as an Amry Medic. He know hopes he will be able to do what his Father couldn't, by finding a cure.

Image/Looks- James stand about 6'3 and weighs about 200 pounds. He has brown hair, about medium length, he also has stunning green eyes, although they are usually hidden behind a pair of glasses. He wears a black T shirt with a golden Welsh Dragon on the front. He wears a pair of faded blue jeans with a holster on his back and his left sided waist.

Theme Song- Re: Your Brains by Jonathan Coulton.

Weaponry- James has a Glock 17 that he found on a dead police officer, it is his main weapons. A Winchester Model 1887 Lever Action Shotgun, that he found in an old Pub called the Winchester. A M16 Assualt Rifle, that he found on a dead Russian Solider. And a cricket bat he uses for a melee weapon.

Have you read The Zombie Survival Guide?- Yes

Skills- James is a very skilled medic, being able to help most people with their small problems, such as concussions, cuts, that sort of thing. In the more serve cases he can amputate. He is also a good psychologist.

Job within the Colony- Doctor and Army Medic.

Last edited:

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
wow, all of these are good....
and littlea, i have another question (as i havent read the book), i was playing DeadFrontier, and theres specially mutated zombies, spidery ones, tentacle armed ones, ones with long tonuge, ones that vomit, giant fat ones that breathe lethal gas

are there "special" infected enemies?

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
thank you digi. And yes. The zombies are for all purposes, human. unless the human before had spidery tentacles coming out of its moth, than the zombie will not. Think of the human body as a tool box. the zombie has those tools, and ONLY those tools at its usage.

BTW: Digi, Accepted and nice choice of weapons!

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Your welcome.
And thank you.

o.o since u guys have the same avatar its hard to tell which one is which.

And awwww well at least its safer that way. I hate the spider zombies

Ok.....so what now....oh yes, the description of Eden

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
littlea53, your plot is looking a lot better, but still falls a bit short. It would be helpful if you could give more information on Eden: where is it located, how big is the population, what kinds of buildings do the live in, how do they get food/resources? How is it governed, what kinds of jobs do people have - how sophisticated is this society? Also only males go into the army but ZAP members can be any age or gender?

Additionally, Appearance and Personality each need to be at least 100 words long, no exceptions. You as the GM need to edit your sign-up sheet to set the example, and not accept SUs that cannot follow basic forum rules.

If you're having trouble giving detailed information, the Making a Sign-Up thread has plenty of advice. :)

~Psychic
So yea. Just tell me what you think of these.

Location: Somewhere in the The Wilds of Siberia? What do you think?

Population: 50 people?

Kind of buildings: I'm stumped on this one. what do you guys think?

Government: Democracy like the Greeks?

Sophistication. Just a 1950's style simplistic time. what do you think?

And i've changed the story line slightly.

And can you edit your backstory/looks for psychic?

Last edited:

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
So yea. Just tell me what you think of these.

Location: Somewhere in the The Wilds of Siberia? What do you think?

Population: 50 people?

Kind of buildings: I'm stumped on this one. what do you guys think?

Government: Democracy like the Greeks?

Sophistication. Just a 1950's style simplistic time. what do you think?

And i've changed the story line slightly.

And can you edit your backstory/looks for psychic?

SIBERIA?! we'd all freeze to death before the zombies got us.

and the buildings i assumed would be like in DeadFrontier. made of sheets of steel welded together