• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Colossal Restoration & The Fossil Pokémon (1127)

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
That was a nice, "feels" adventure that really drives home the type of episodic adventures the Pokemon world is about. My favorite things about this episode were definitely Gou and Koharu. I just enjoyed Gou's energy this episode, a kid being excited over the chance to own their own dinosaur, him finding and being elated over the Secret Amber and anticipation, learning of Ptera's lore about ruling the skies in the prehistoric era and catching it. The ending scene made the episode for me personally, Gou squats down to Ptera and explains how he understood its rampage was due to its own fear and anxiety.

It was supposedly dead and revived and living in a new world it didn't quite understand. The voice acting was on point, especially at the scene with him telling it to take its time to get used to this world alongside him and welcoming it aboard to his team. It's a fitting moment for Gou, a character who made mistakes with emphasizing with his Pokemon's feelings in the past to consider Ptera's circumstances and all. I'm glad there was a nice moment of understanding and bonding before just tossing the ball as that wouldn't have quite fit a literal revived dinosaur going through a shocking rebirth. Not beaten up, defeated and confined within a Ball as a regular Pokémon causing trouble like Flygon but handled with care and tenderness.

The art and animation were kind of choppy/mediocre but despite that “SOUUUUUULLL” was on the menu this episode.

Koharu worked in this episode too, seeing her joining the group and opening up to Satoshi more while coming to understand their feelings over Pokemon a bit more were great. The scene in which she fears for Gou's safety was solid. Her character development and growth isn't "in-your-face" this episode. It's subtle in that way alongside her joining in on the moment of agreeance that the trip was successful and enjoyable. She looked nice out of her usual school garb and with her hair kind of more unruly, felt more fitting for a literal adventure excavating dinosaurs.

+1 for Gou's Goloug getting screentime, really like that Pokemon's design and glad it's living up to the "guardian" title its trainer gave it.

Last edited:

GhostWallker98

The only thing I did not like was Team Rocket being in it. If they were gone, I'd at least give this episode a 7/10. I must admit that the writers are doing a great job with Koharu's character development.

Last edited:

Lacuna

Goodnight
One thing I really hate about Goh is that he has so many pokemon to his disposal. Like when the rabbit went super saiyan against flygon and then gets crapped on in this battle. He just sends out golurk which is kinda cheap way.
Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you mean by this, but... what else was he gonna do in that situation? He already had brought Golurk with him to help with the fossil excavation IIRC. Was he just gonna let Aerodactyl thrash the place and attack them once Raboot was down?

Last edited:

Applecorp

I think next time Ash will get Lileep, Anorith, Kabuto, Omanyte, Craindos, Sheidon, Tirtouga, Archen, Tyrunt or Dracovish

Right because just like that time you sent them an email telling them to give Ash a Trapinch/Flygon they're bound to listen to you this time.

Sham

The Guardian of War
So I’ll just say it.... is that how Chloe normally dresses outside of school? Because finally I was getting tired of her wearing the uniform constantly.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I do hope that's her non-school look. Yellow is a much better colour than Pink

dentula

Koharu's fossil find was interesting. Was it a Shellder? If so, then are shellder ancient pokemon, too? Or could it have been a regular bivalve? It's as though the writers knowingly teased us with novel lore then tossed it aside without any further explanation to the audience.

Thoughts on the episode:

The rabbit doesn't take rocks too well

Ptera was a good capture. A battle and consent was involved, and the capture served its purpose to show that Go is developing into a more compassionate and competent trainer. I don't care though. I'd rather that Go develop his relationship with his other mons, and only seldom get a new (and well-earned) capture.

We haven't seen Dragonite or Gengar in ages. Seems so simple to use them to resolve TR conflict. Surely Satoshi has his team on hand, considering a world championship battle could happen at any time.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Koharu's fossil find was interesting. Was it a Shellder? If so, then are shellder ancient pokemon, too? Or could it have been a regular bivalve? It's as though the writers knowingly teased us with novel lore then tossed it aside without any further explanation to the audience.

I would say a Lliving Fossil Pokémon is a little more accurate to describe Shellder than Ancient Pokémon.

p96822

Evolve me please
That was a nice, "feels" adventure that really drives home the type of episodic adventures the Pokemon world is about. My favorite things about this episode were definitely Gou and Koharu. I just enjoyed Gou's energy this episode, a kid being excited over the chance to own their own dinosaur, him finding and being elated over the Secret Amber and anticipation, learning of Ptera's lore about ruling the skies in the prehistoric era and catching it. The ending scene made the episode for me personally, Gou squats down to Ptera and explains how he understood its rampage was due to its own fear and anxiety.

It was supposedly dead and revived and living in a new world it didn't quite understand. The voice acting was on point, especially at the scene with him telling it to take its time to get used to this world alongside him and welcoming it aboard to his team. It's a fitting moment for Gou, a character who made mistakes with emphasizing with his Pokemon's feelings in the past to consider Ptera's circumstances and all. I'm glad there was a nice moment of understanding and bonding before just tossing the ball as that wouldn't have quite fit a literal revived dinosaur going through a shocking rebirth. Not beaten up, defeated and confined within a Ball as a regular Pokémon causing trouble like Flygon but handled with care and tenderness.

The art and animation were kind of choppy/mediocre but despite that “SOUUUUUULLL” was on the menu this episode.

Koharu worked in this episode too, seeing her joining the group and opening up to Satoshi more while coming to understand their feelings over Pokemon a bit more were great. The scene in which she fears for Gou's safety was solid. Her character development and growth isn't "in-your-face" this episode. It's subtle in that way alongside her joining in on the moment of agreeance that the trip was successful and enjoyable. She looked nice out of her usual school garb and with her hair kind of more unruly, felt more fitting for a literal adventure excavating dinosaurs.

+1 for Gou's Goloug getting screentime, really like that Pokemon's design and glad it's living up to the "guardian" title its trainer gave it.

well beating a Pokémon and then catching it is the point.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Finally got around to watching the episode... 72 hours later, I'm slacking I must be.
When I saw the preview last week, it didn't click that he looked similar to the guy from the Unova ruins episode. What is it with having generic characters who look similar but have different professions. I know Sun & Moon had something similar, but I digress. When Go found the Old Amber and gave it to the Curator to be restored, I thought "I wonder if there'll be destruction." (As in Aerodactyl doing so), I didn't think it'd be linked to Aerodactyl and Team Rocket, though I should've guessed. As for the big Shieldon thing, in all fairness if you've seen one Shieldon, you've seen them all, I can see why they shoved that behind a long line of randos who probs haven't seen a Shieldon before (unlike Ash). One thing I will appreciate was Aerodactyl swiftly putting the theory of Go's Raboot evolving to bed (I personally never subscribed to that theory).

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So I realized that I never commented on this episode despite enjoying it. It was a solid episode where there was nothing problematic so I say good job.

Goh worked hard to find a fossil and took responsibility when the TRio messed with the restoration of his Pokémon. He battled it well with Raboot and Golurk and sympathized with it as soon as it fell instead of just curveballing a Poké Ball.

While Goh was having his moments, Ash and Chloe worked well together. It really shows how little by little Ash has registered in Chloe's perception of him as a friend. Ash was really sweet here. When she found the potential fossil, he stopped what he was doing and helped her carry it to the director. Then later he continued the conversation saying it was a shame it wasn't a new discovery. Ash also instinctively spread out his arm to shield her from TRio. I love how considerate he was of her in this episode. I think they'll make really good friends when she opens up a little more.

As for Chloe herself, I'm honestly surprised I find myself looking forward to her appearances since I didn't care much for her in her debut. The writers have done a good job weaving her into the character dynamic where she has her own thing going on with school and her lack of a dream but is slowly finding herself the more she interacts with Ash, Goh, and Pokémon. She had fun here!

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Lol, I like this repeated motif of Goh and Ash keeping on literally physically dragging Chloe everywhere this episode.

Lol, she was making a Pikachu sculpture

This COTD from Unova!

When they wake up to the explosion when they're staying together at the Pokémon Center, it's the first time the entire series that Goh and Chloe felt like traveling companions.

Sneaking in via the vents at a museum reminds me of Team Galactic in Eterna City

For once, it seems like the two Pokémon that have been given are two that might be Giovanni's himself!

One-hit KO on Raboot! I loved this!!

Goh has to use the Pokémon he caught in the last episode involving this excavation leader, to defeat the one he's trying to get in THIS excavation episode!

How can Electroweb affect a Graveler?

Golurk faked Aerodactyl out by using its other arm

Chloe is starting to like Pokémon more and more!
I think part of what make some people feel bored is because now there is only Ash or Goh, no third-wheel character to share the load.
Did you watch this episode? Chloe is present throughout the episode, and bounces off both very well. She's actually a definition of a third wheel in this episode. I can't tell if you're joking.
No joke, I wonder how many of these clones exist in the anime universe
Jenny, Joy, Don George, the Magikarp salesman, the guy in SM who appears in the Totem Wishiwashi, sledding, and Kahili episodes, and now this. Any others?
I think next time Ash will get Lileep, Anorith, Kabuto, Omanyte, Craindos, Sheidon, Tirtouga, Archen, Tyrunt or Dracovish
correct
The only thing I did not like was Team Rocket being in it. If they were gone, I'd at least give this episode a 7/10. I must admit that the writers are doing a great job with Koharu's character development.
Actually, i literally hate TR and want them gone from the show permanently, and still thought their role in this episode was perfect. Using them as a MacGuffin that Ash had to deal with forced Goh to handle Aerodactyl on his own. I loved it.
Right because just like that time you sent them an email telling them to give Ash a Trapinch/Flygon they're bound to listen to you this time.
Take the L on this one, bro.
This was one irritating part of the episode to me. If part of the point of the episode is to show us Chloe gaining interest, even if it was not a new discovery, it would have been nice to see Chloe's excitement in showing it to the guy and his reaction, and find out what it was. They just brushed it to the side and barely spent any time before telling us it was not a new discovery.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"LORD HELIX! Also good Goh episode and Chloe's presence"

Episode: 6/10

Starswirl Pikachu

Wow Aerodactyl, talk about a blast from the past! As I recall there has not been a significant appearance of one of those since all the way back when Gary Oak was cruising around with his fan club. (although I could be wrong) Good usage of local facilities and a museum.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The only interesting thing in this ep is seeing Koharu without that horrible scorpion tail.
Her hair looks nice
Also loved the fact that she stayed the night in the Pokemon Center. Reminded me of the good old days when we had poke girl leads