• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Colossal Restoration & The Fossil Pokémon (1127)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm surprised Hibana came back. I don't she shares a VA with anyone in today's ep, but wasn't listed in the voice cast.

dman_dustin

No wonder,if there is gou focused episode even if it's good will be always boring to you. People developed a mindset that if gou gets a good Mon, ep is a bore.
I liked how gou has developed so much, his understanding to catch a mon has improved a lot.

Yes that is most likely the issue here. It was boring because all it was, was a quality capture, we've seen this countless times.

Given that it was just more Go focus when Ash hadn't gotten jack squat makes for boring from repetitiveness.

But that's just me being biased and jaded. The only upside was Ash didn't get Aerodactyl and I'm only happy about that is because it would've been ANOTHER 1st gen Pokemon.

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
No wonder,if there is gou focused episode even if it's good will be always boring to you. People developed a mindset that if gou gets a good Mon, ep is a bore.
I liked how gou has developed so much, his understanding to catch a mon has improved a lot.
Sorry that not everyone wants to watch this kid play Pokemon Go every episode. Giving him Ash chacteristics is not development. Wish the writers had the balls to just ouright replace Ash instead of pulling a TLOU2 and using him to keep viewers.

Ultra Beast Lover

I like the idea of a main character getting a fossil or Pokemon that's been asleep for a long time, I think that having said Pokemon could lead to interesting development, but the show isn't utilizing this opportunity for a pretty gosh darn depressing episode.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
It was Ok episode until last 8 minutes when it turned into good episode, so I would give it good ranking but weakest one.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Best part of this episode: Koharu not caring.
Worst part of this episode: The continued implication that Koharu is gradually going to stop not caring.

I LIKE THAT SHE DOESN'T CARE OKAY.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
First swirly-eyed rabbit

Goh learns what consent is. It only took 3000 years. /s:p

Goh gets only his second pokemon with 4 moves.

From the narrator, the take-away is that:

• Goh gets a fossil pokemon
  • Koharu gets closer to Ash

Finishing the episode then reading the comments asking for an Ash-Koharu ship to start up next episode because they talked 1 time was disturbing.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
From the narrator, the take-away is that:

• Goh gets a fossil pokemon
  • Koharu gets closer to Ash

Finishing the episode then reading the comments asking for an Ash-Koharu ship to start up next episode because they talked 1 time was disturbing
I’m less interested in shipping stuff and more excited that Ash & Chloe are finally developing a genuine friendship since their last few interactions made it seem like she only saw Ash as an annoying idiot.

It also seemed like Chloe gained more respect for Goh since she was always upset whenever he ditched her to do some pokémon related stuff. However, between him digging for fossils and catching Aerodactyl, she got to see another side of him that shows how passionate and understanding he can be when it comes to his interests. It kind of felt similar to episode 3 in OS when Misty gained more respect for Ash and saw how he truly cared about pokémon

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I do appreciate that Go took a moment to calm Aerodactyl down before catching it. Passing out for a moment, waking up in an unfamiliar place, and realizing you died has to be pretty traumatic especially considering that we don't know how it died so it was nice of Go to reassure it like that.
Yeah. It’s obvious that Ash is rubbing off on Goh since this is clearly something he would do, while at the same time it fits Goh perfectly since he would emphasize with Aerodactyl because of how lonely he was growing up

On a side note: is the TV announcer in the beginning of the episode based on someone from Pokénchi? Since she has a unique character design given her red hair with star-shaped highlights, pink cheek things, & snaggletooth fang, I wasn’t sure if it was a similar situation to the Mudbray trainer or the TV studio interns from Sun & Moon

Last edited:
I’m less interested in shipping stuff and more excited that Ash & Chloe are finally developing a genuine friendship since their last few interactions made it seem like she only saw Ash as an annoying idiot.

It also seemed like Chloe gained more respect for Goh since she was always upset whenever he ditched her to do some pokémon related stuff. However, between him digging for fossils and catching Aerodactyl, she got to see another side of him that shows how passionate and understanding he can be when it comes to his interests. It kind of felt similar to episode 3 in OS when Misty gained more respect for Ash and saw how he truly cared about pokémon

Go has to act like Ash to earn Koharu's respect. Well done writers.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Apparently Goh caught Aerodactyl? I can see the salt storm coming lol

not really, when it comes to fossil pokemon the majority of the fandom is dead set on Tyrantum being Ash's first fossil if he was to ever get one.

not to mention unless it's something that can evolve into a future gen pokemon or potentially a legendary, hardly anyone wants Ash to capture any more Kanto pokemon as well.

did Chloe really say she wanted to get a pokemon of her own at the end?

wow what is Yamper to her then?

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
It was nice to see Chloe getting along with the boys, especially Ash, and becoming more charmed by the Pokemon world. Hopefully this becomes a trend, and she joins them on more adventures. They make a nice trio.

The Aerodactyl capture was decent. I'm glad that Goh took the time to empathize with the Pokemon and calm it down before catching it. It was a very Ash-like capture, as opposed to just beating the crap out of the Pokemon and catching it. I hope he does this more often. Overall, Goh truly deserved this catch. He found the fossil, fought the Aerodactyl, calmed it down, and then caught it. Fair capture.

The Team Rocket segment was kinda eh. I still don't like the gacha Pokemon concept, it's just too stupid.