• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Colossal Restoration & The Fossil Pokémon (1127)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
DP338.jpg

The face of a calmed down monster. Seriously. I thought it was about to eat Goh's hand.

But who cares about Aerodactyl.

Praise Helix.

tumblr_n1b6g03jBi1qhxyi2o1_250.gif

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
did Chloe really say she wanted to get a pokemon of her own at the end?

wow what is Yamper to her then?
She said absolutely nothing of the sort. She literally just agreed with Satoshi and Go that the trip was fun.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Props for the people who said starry eyes professor guy had a Joy/Jenna-esque deal in the sense it's not the same we saw before but a relative.

No joke, I wonder how many of these clones exist in the anime universe. It's like 85% of the land are forests and 60% are those clones lol

And of course Raboot still sleeps with Goh. Just don't do it as a Cinderace or else I'll call the police.

Sobble sleeping above Goh's chest was cute though

Once again, Ash goes to Thunderbolt against a ground type (Graveller, Nidorino only becomes one after becoming Nidoking). Sometimes I feel if the staff had the powers they ditch type match-ups altogether.

Raboot going down so easily bothered me. I know Goh isn't a battler but I really wish they could have him up his game battling power-wise. Say what you want about Serena having unfinished battles but at least she could hold her own relatively better.

With Ash, Goh and Chloe all wearing red, blue, yellow, whenever Goh said "Oozora no Ouja" all I could remember was Dobutsu Sentai Zyuohger

Overall, good episode. Some nice and subtle development for Chloe as well as a good showing for both Ash and Goh. Many will complain Goh didn't go to help Ash out against TR but I like to think he knew his friend was good and competent enough to hold his own.

I specially like that this time, Goh took a more standard approach to capturing Aero. Rather than just throwing a pokéball as usual, he just went straight to battling. And after he won, he tried to convince Aerodactyl to come with him via bonding skill rather than throwing a pokéball. I like how subtle and not in-your-face his growth as a trainer is in the show. This capture was very well earned in my opinion.

It was nice to see Chloe getting along with the boys, especially Ash, and becoming more charmed by the Pokemon world. Hopefully this becomes a trend, and she joins them on more adventures. They make a nice trio.

Yeah, I'll have to agree here since she worked really well with the boys today.

The bit with the boys dragging her was amusing to see. The internet has to make a meme out of this. I mean, if they pulled off making the scene of "I see you are a man of culture as well" be a thing despite being mostly mundane and un-special they can make something outta that one.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Props for the people who said starry eyes professor guy had a Joy/Jenna-esque deal in the sense it's not the same we saw before but a relative.

No joke, I wonder how many of these clones exist in the anime universe. It's like 85% of the land are forests and 60% are those clones lol
My guess is that there's at least one of these guys for every region, which will lead to some "Enchanting" encounters

TheCrazyMaster

This was a pretty enjoyable episode.
So apparently the curator at the museum was actually related to the group leader from the desert ruins episode rather than being the same person, which fits in well with the established continuity of identical individuals existing within certain branches of duty.

I thought this was a pretty solid capture episode for Go, hell possibly his best capture considering he actually had to both weaken it and sooth it. I'm glad that Journeys is starting to be less formulatic with his captures and think that they're only going to get better from here, and that were seeing Go's growth as a person relating to the world around him. Slight nitpick, how did the newly revived Aerodactyl know how a Pokeball worked?
I also though it was hilarious to see Go's gigantic Golurk being so delicate with the fossil excavation, plus that he actually used the Goliath in battle. About time.

Chloe got some decent screen time to, as she stepped out of the generic "normie person in the world of Pokemon" archetype and it was nice seeing her in a similar position to Ash and Go studying in the field. Something that I thought of while writing this is that this could also play into her role as a potential future member of the group. Rather than ditching school to go on adventures (I mean, would that be so bad lol), she could join their travels for the sake of school studies in the field, giving her a reason to travel with them while reminding us that she's still a student.

Also worth noting is that while electroweb can't damage ground types, they can still make physical contact with it, and this opens a whole new door to how Ash and Pikachu can be more flexible with the move in the future, since the way Ash used it doesn't necessarily have to be restricted to ground types, and was overall a good showing of Ash's tactical abilities.
Get it, flexible? Because it's a web and uh... well, you know......... m'kay I'm done.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
DP338.jpg

The face of a calmed down monster. Seriously. I thought it was about to eat Goh's hand.

That scene also reminded me of a scene in the Jurassic world movie where a vilain tried to tame a raptor with his hand, only to get eaten off-screen due of his inexperience towards these creatures.

I couldn't understand how TRio got blasted in this episode. Is there a springboard hidden in the area after their Graveler got pushed away by Pikachu's electro-web?

It's a good that Chloe got to tag along with the boys, even if it's part of her project. I thought she was calm and static most of the time, even in threatening situations, but I'm glad she enjoyed her adventure.

It's also good that Go got Aerodactyl, even better after its battle against Go's Golurk. That battle really give a different vibe, especially if we get used with the speedy actions that are most common from Ash's battles, because Golurk is a tank.

I don't feel much of the COTD, even less of his "moved" face gimmick.

Anyways, good episode. The highlight to me is Chloe tagging with the boys and having fun at the end of the episode.

Last edited:

giancor

This was an entertaining episode. I like the animation on Iron Head and Dragon Breath (?). Also, i liked how aeordactyl was introduced, very haunting. they made Aeoractyl seem very traeating and creepy.

I'm mad at ash screaming "thunderbold" but also glad that the screemwritter didnt show what actually happened because they cut to another escene.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Question: Is this the first time we see Raboot going inside it's Pokeball since it was caught as a Scorbunny?

Heck is this the first time it's actually fainted since it was a Scorbunny?

TomRC121991

I think next time Ash will get Lileep, Anorith, Kabuto, Omanyte, Craindos, Sheidon, Tirtouga, Archen, Tyrunt or Dracovish

Lacuna

Goodnight
Question: Is this the first time we see Raboot going inside it's Pokeball since it was caught as a Scorbunny?

Heck is this the first time it's actually fainted since it was a Scorbunny?
Yep, it is actually the first time we've seen it get returned to its Ball since then. The second one I'm not sure of, but I think so.
And it only took 33 episodes!

Last edited:
Many will complain Goh didn't go to help Ash out against TR but I like to think he knew his friend was good and competent enough to hold his own.
To be fair, Aerodactly was assaulting. Goh have to defend that side. It was a 2 front battle.

If anything, I will complain that Prof. Cherise do not let Yamper go with Chloe.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
To be fair, Aerodactly was assaulting. Goh have to defend that side. It was a 2 front battle.

If anything, I will complain that Prof. Cherise do not let Yamper go with Chloe.

Exactly. That's why I had no issue with the scene. Goh clearly were his hands full at the time.

As for Yamper, he couldn't come because dogs and fossil excavation don't mix well.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Chloe and Ash getting closer was nice. AshxChloe pls cause I'd LOVE to see the meltdown the people who live through Goh get lol

Team Rocket and Chloe were great as usual. And at least Aerodacyl felt earned unlike Golurk, Sobble, and Flygon

5/10 Needed Brock

Lacuna

Goodnight
I finally got around to actually watching it just now. Suspicions confirmed that Golurk is still cool as hell.

No Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon reference like everybody initially suspected (RIP raboot evolution), but it definitely reminded me of that Chronicles episode that featured a different Aerodactyl. Just, y'know, if actual Trainers were dealing with it instead. Silly Gou, all you had to do was just feed it a berry and then it would've trusted you! /s

I'm also usually not the biggest fan of Koharu (sorry everyone) but she was really nice in this episode. It feels like she's actually becoming their friend now, particularly with Ash, whom she previously couldn't care less about. I know she's not a main character but she honestly never feels out of place as a just a third member of the crew. TRio was good as always too.

Enchanting/10

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Chloe and Ash getting closer was nice. AshxChloe pls cause I'd LOVE to see the meltdown the people who live through Goh get lol

Tokio Exists.

Anyway I really liked this episode. My favorite part was where Gou bonded with Aerodactyl, talking about how it was scared and that they would learn about the world together. Gou still being a fairly new trainer it's a nice solidarity. I'm excited to see more of it.

Also I love that Koharu is getting more and more open to Pokemon. I wonder if she'll get an interest in fossils in particular?

Cradily17

Overall a nice episode. Seeing Go bond with his Aerodactyl was sweet, and more development for Koharu is always a plus. I wish that more fossil Pokemon such as Cradily could have appeared in the episode, though. It was weird not seeing any come out of TR's gacha machine. Hopefully they'll appear in future episodes.

Last edited: