• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Combatants Cup - Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingothestone

Creamery Commander

combatantscup.png

Welcome to what I hope will be a staple in the Serebii community. Throughout the evolution of competitive sports, an idea emerged. The idea of a “Fantasy League”. As such, I hereby introduce to you:
The Combatants Cup
The Combatants Cup will consist of 2 sections. The first will be a standard team-style BW2 OU tournament, and the second shall be The Combatants Fantasy League, or the CFL for short.

Section 1:
The Combatants Cup:

This will run as a team-style tournament, but teams will not be submitted by the participants. There have been assigned 11 Team Captains, 4 each in 3 groups, who will draft teams of 5 once the signup period ends. After the draft, however, the role of the captain is done.
The tournament, as a team style tournament, will run in a round-robin format. This means that each team will play every other team once, followed by a playoff with each division winner and a wildcard team. Each match will consist of 3 battles which will be RANDOMLY assigned by me before the start of each round. This ensures that all participants will have a chance to participate, instead of having one or two players sitting the bench for the whole tournament and thus defeating the entire reason that they signed up.
The team captains are as follows. I have chosen one captain from 11 Serebii clans. If enough participants sign up, I will add additional captains. Each Captain is sponsored by a clan:

Alpha Division:

combatantscupCC.png

The Goo Lagoon Land Sharks, led by M4zz of Creamery Command!

combatantscupdrac_zps91eb51b5.png

Une équipe de Badass, led by BestGamePearl of Dracaena

combatantscupcg_zpsefed4131.png

The Fellowship, led by Ninja Dewott of The Crystalline Guard!

combatantscupfz_zps5efd1c78.png

The Aces of Frost, led by Sparkbeat of Frozen Heart!

Bravo Division:

combatantscupta_zps173a059a.png

The Golden Eagles, led by Blue Harvest of Team America!

combatantscuplg_zps4d496d68.png

The Shield, led by Ger9119 of Legacy!

combatantscupdinc2_zpse30b27bf.png

The Human Scoliopedes, led by Prohawk of Danger Inc.!

combatantscupsd_zps324f7e93.png

The Lost Ones, led by SoulMuse of Sentient Dragons!

Charlie Division:

combatantscupAoS.png

Tequila Sunrise, led by ~Ace of Age of Shoguns!

combatantscuptbc_zpsb62863bd.png

The Hellfire Hydras, led by McDanger of The Battle Corporation!

combatantscuptht_zpsc6666e1e.png

The Weather Warriors, led by snivy trainer of The Hoenn Triangle!

regalrenegades_zps776acf21.png

The Regal Renegades, led by Alcatraz, a clanless representative of the Serebii community!

REGISTRATION
If you wish to sign up for this portion of the tournament, please fill out the following form:
Code:
Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username:
Clan (if applicable):
I hereby acknowledge the fact that I am under no circumstances guaranteed to be on any specific team. 
I do recognize the fact that I WILL be on a team and I will participate in no fewer than 2 battles during the course of this tournament.

SIGNUPS FOR THE COMBATANTS CUP ARE FULL. IF YOU WISH TO BE ON THE SUBS LIST, FILL OUT THE ABOVE FORM AND PM IT TO ME WITH THE SUBJECT "COMBATANTS CUP SUB REQUEST"

The signup phase for the Combatants cup tournament will continue until we have reached the desired amount of 36 non-captain players. If the number of desired potential signups exceeds that number, we will include more teams in the tournament and increase the overall length of the tournament.

Please be aware that, as of the current set-up, this tournament will last approximately 3 months.

Registrations:
http://i50.*******.com/24o4n50.jpg

The Combatants Fantasy League:

A fantasy league, for those who don’t know, is as follows:
A fantasy league/sport (also known as rotisserie, roto, or owner simulation) is a game where participants act as owners to build a team that competes against other fantasy owners based on thestatistics generated by the real individual players or teams of a professional sport. Probably the most common variant converts statistical performance into points that are compiled and totaled according to a roster selected by a manager that makes up a fantasy team. These point systems are typically simple enough to be manually calculated by a "league commissioner." More complex variants use computer modeling of actual games based on statistical input generated by professional sports. In fantasy sports there is the ability to trade, cut, and sign players, like a real sports owner.

As such, that is exactly what we will be having here.
We will have fantasy leagues consisting of 9 owners each. While the Combatants Cup regular season will last 8 weeks, in the interest of playoffs for the fantasy leagues, the fantasy league will consist of 5-7 weeks, depending on the number of participants. During the first week of the Combatants Cup, fantasy league owners will participate in a draft of their own. After that, owners will be allowed to set a lineup for each week. They will receive points based on the final scores of their players matches. Scores will be as follows:
Win the battle – 10 points
Lose the battle – 1 point
+2 points for every surviving Pokemon on your team after a win
The team of the player wins the weekly match – 5 points
The player's win is the 1st for the team that week - 5 points
The player's win is the 2nd for the team that week - 8 points
The player does not complete their match - -3 points

The goal is to have 1 league with 9 owners, divided into 3 divisions. Just like with the Cup itself.

Code:
Combatants Fantasy League SignUp:
Serebii Name:
In.
I understand that there is no battling involved in the Fantasy League.

Signups for the Fantasy league are FULL

Combatants Fantasy League Registrations:

http://i47.*******.com/3466nhv.jpg

That sums everything up. If you have any questions or feel like I've missed something, please do not hesitate to pm/vm me, or let me know on xat.

The sign up phaze will last for 1 full week. Best of luck to all participants​

Last edited:
Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Shadow♠
Clan (if applicable): Dracaena
I hereby acknowledge the fact that I am under no circumstances guaranteed to be on any specific team.
I do recognize the fact that I WILL be on a team and I will participate in no fewer than 2 battles during the course of this tournament.

Whoo.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Miror
Clan (if applicable): Team America

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: legendofsway

bendy001

Wanna battle?
Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Bendy001

Eranu™

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Eranu

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Serebii Username: dew
Clan (if applicable): Team Amurica

Just inb4 kots asks that I join at the last minute.

BLUES.

Something else
Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: BLUES.
Clan (if applicable): Danger Inc.

Kingothestone

Creamery Commander
Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Shadow♠

Whoo.

1/36

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Miror

2/36

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: legendofsway

3/36

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Bendy001

4/36

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Eranu

5/36

Serebii Username: dew
Clan (if applicable): Team Amurica

Just inb4 kots asks that I join at the last minute.

6/36. And thanks haha

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: BLUES.

7/36.

This is what you were talking about then?

JOINING

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username:SneaselFTW
Clan (if applicable):~

Also, I want to be Goo Lagoon or The Fellowship :D

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Sietse23

Serebii Name: Chidoriuser
In.

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Chidoriuser
Clan (if applicable): Age of Shoguns

Last edited:

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Ninja Eevee
Clan (if applicable): The Hoenn Traiangle

BGP_

I would like to point out that i accept bribes in the form of money, pleasuring, well built teams, or any combination of those things. Otherwise fate will decide!!!

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Sparkbeat
Clan (if applicable): Frozen Heart

Last edited:

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: The Mysterious Stranger
Clan (if applicable): Creamery Command

in for the other one too.

Kingothestone

Creamery Commander
This is what you were talking about then?

JOINING

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username:SneaselFTW
Clan (if applicable):~

Also, I want to be Goo Lagoon or The Fellowship :D

8/36. I know you're in SOTP, so putting that down.

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Sietse23

9/36

Serebii Name: Chidoriuser
In.

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Chidoriuser
Clan (if applicable): Age of Shoguns

1/9, 10/36

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Ninja Eevee
Clan (if applicable): The Hoenn Traiangle

11/36

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Sparkbeat
Clan (if applicable): Frozen Heart

12/36. I know you're in Frozen Heart, so putting that down.

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: The Mysterious Stranger
Clan (if applicable): Creamery Command

in for the other one too.

13/36, 2/9

Last edited:

ShowMeTheMankey

mckayla face
Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: ShowMeTheMankey
Clan (if applicable): Danger Inc

Tormented

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Tormented
Clan (if applicable): Crystalline Guard

Psycho Cut

Combatants Cup signup:
Serebii Username: Psycho Cut
Clan (if applicable): The Crystalline Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.