• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Combatants Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhnny

Banned
glls sucks. :(

Go Human Scolipedes! Getting match done later today!

g4M6Ain.png

EZ Target?

You Lack Da Moxie
Your Team:the goo lagoon land sharks
Opponent's Serebii Username: blues.
Opponent's Team: renal renegrades
Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): win 3-2 (would of finished 2-0 id say)
Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): lose 1-0
Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): win 3-0

Your Team: The Human Scolipede's
Opponent's Serebii Username: Bendy001
Opponent's Team: Une Equipe De Badass
Battle 1 ( w/l/d; score): Win 3-0
Battle 2 ( w/l/d; score): lose 1-0
Battle 3 ( w/l/d; score): win 3-0

Kingothestone

Creamery Commander
And so ends the semifinal round. Here are the activity/coin flip results of the matches that were not completed this week:
big beluga V. Prohawk – Coin Flip. big beluga will be heads, Prohawk will be tails.
Flip 1 – heads. big beluga leads, 1-0.
Flip 2 – tails. tied, 1-1.
Flip 3 – heads. big beluga wins, 2-1.

BestGamePearl V. ptz – While neither party made any effort to contact the other until Wednesday, BestGamePearl made much more of an effort, replying to visitor messages immediately and, in the end, coming online late at night in a last ditch effort to get the battle done. Ptz, unfortunately, was nowhere to be found. Activity goes to BestGamePeal.

That concludes the important activity/coin flips this week. Matches that were not mentioned did not affect the outcome of the week.

---------------------------------------------------------

The following are the final results of the semifinal week.

[2] Une équipe de Badass vs. The Human Scolipedes [1]
[Coin Flip] big beluga V. Prohawk
[1] (1-0) bendy001 V. Magicmonkey (3-0, 3-0) [2]
[Activity] BestGamePearl V. ptz

[3] The Goo Lagoon Land Sharks vs. The Regal Renegades [0]
[2] (2-0, 2-0) jirachiuser1 V. John Wallrein [0]
[2] (2-0, 2-0) Suhnny V. guerrilla radio [0]
[2] (3-2, 3-0) Spiderman123 V. BLUES. (1-0) [1]
-------------------------------------------------------------
I now announce the matchups for the final week of The Combatants Cup. A similar list will be found in the first post.

The Goo Lagoon Land Sharks vs. Une équipe de Badass
Spiderman123 V. bendy001
Extroph V. big beluga
jirachiuser1 V. Montresor

You have until 12:01 AM GMT -5 on Saturday, April 6th to get your matches done. Best of luck.
-----------------------------------------------------
And so we begin awards season.
There are 3 awards that will be distributed over the next week. One player from each division will receive each award. The awards are as follows:
Most Valuable Player – Goes to the player who not only supplied the most strength to their team, but also had the toughest schedule and persevered throughout the competition.

Rookie Of The Year – Goes to the player who joined Serebii within the past 365 days and has shown the most promise, helping their team more than any other rookie.

Domination Award – Awarded to the player in each division who secured the greatest margin of victory in a single match.
The descisions as to who should be awarded each honor were made by a joint committee of dewhinifier, Miror and myself.
Tonight I will announce the rookies of the year.

First, from the Alpha division. Not only did this rookie have an outstanding regular season performance, maintaining an overall record of 5-1 and a division record of 1-1, but he was an essential member of his team through the first half. With a key player leaving after the first half of the season, this player upped his game, not losing a single match after the first week. He even secured an overpowering, 6-0, 6-0 victory early in the season. He made every effort to complete all of his matches, and for these reasons he is the Alpha Division’s Rookie Of The Year. Congratulations…
tccaward4_zpsd0848057.png

Next, the Bravo division. This rookie was one of the final picks in the draft, but he showed his team that he could still be a force to be reckoned with. After three essential players dropped out within a 2-week span, his new captain relied on him to get the job done. While his team narrowly missed a playoff berth, this rookie posted an impressive 3-1 overall record (2-0 in-division), also collecting 3 wins via activity. While we still aren’t completely sure how to pronounce his name, I’m sure that in the future he will be a force to be reckoned with. Congratulations…
tccaward5_zps91580885.png
Finally, the Charlie Division. This division lacked in the rookie department, but one rookie in particular stood out from the rest. Despite being relatively new to serebii, he already has a bit of a reputation. Despite being on a sub-.500 team, he posted a 4-0 record (0-0 in division), as well as picking up an activity win. I can honestly say that, in the near future, this rookie will be very well known in the section. Congratulations…
tccaward6_zps5dd24706.png

I also have some additional banners to distribute. First, here is a repost of the All-Star team banners:
ccf1_zps5ee97e26.png

ccf2_zps728c321b.png

ccf3_zps261584b1.png

ccf4_zps13379f7a.png

ccf5_zpsea6b89fa.png

ccf6_zps8bb26f16.png

ccf7_zpsa9c0087b.png

ccm1_zpsd332c156.png

ccm2_zps474f7e7e.png

ccm3_zpscf0d06e7.png

ccm4_zpsc6a096fe.png

ccm5_zps2eef19f4.png

ccm6_zps508b5c13.png

ccm7_zpsaadde3e8.png

Next, The Division Champion and Wildcard Banners
tcc11_zps5b8a8662.png

tcc12_zpsa4fcde3f.png

tcc13_zpsdb2e3b90.png

tcc14_zps53af529a.png

tcc15_zpsb2aa008b.png
tcc21_zpsa9e41921.png

tcc22_zpsaa73ef19.png

tcc23_zps3d26f3de.png

tcc24_zpsb0941f6d.png
tcc31_zpsc7f2edac.png

tcc32_zpsb9d21550.png

tcc33_zps1eadd133.png

tcc34_zps1a971b4f.png
tcc41_zps44cd7f83.png

tcc42_zpsf0fb6f59.png

tcc43_zps676d3871.png

tcc44_zps5873b423.png

tcc45_zps47d0ac22.png

tcc46_zps7f1a58e5.png

Please give art credit to Extroph, should you choose to place any of these banners in your signatures. Once all of the awards have been distributed, players with multiple banners will have them edited into single slideshow-style banners.

MVP’s will be announced Sunday night.​

The above post is a load of rubbish.

Magic monkey.

Why? well ask yourself why the human scolipedes were eliminated. We got an activity loss vs someone who hasn't been on the forums since the round started, but mysteriously the other game did not deserve a coinflip and the win was given to the less active partner.
THIS MAKES A LOT OF SENSE

So if 2 games aren't played to mutual inactivity and 1 is played, surely the win should go to the team that already one. The refusal to do this is questionable alone. Next BB got an activity win. He has not been on the forums, so Hawk could not have contacted him this way. Hawk contacted him on the Xat and beluga did not battle. So neither of the 2 forms of contact usable were valid, could our guy have done much more? Not really. Beluga gets coin flip win, despite having no activity compared to hawks daily appearances and attempts to contact on another medium. If the other game can be decided on what KOTS thinks is most active, why not this one?

BGP was "more active that PTZ".

PTZ made first contact, which is very important in deciding activity. PTZ replied faster, which completely contradicts what KOTS gave as one of his reasons. So more of an effort is SLOWER REPLIES AND NOT MAKING FIRST CONTACT. This logic brought to you by KOTS.
BGP went on late one night. Maybe PTZ had other plans on that one particular night. Maybe due to timezones he was asleep/working the whole time. So if 2 parties are making contact but miss each other, the less active one gets a win without a coinflip

does nobody else see the problem here?

Why coin flip the match which had a clear one side more active, and then give the slightly less active party the match in the one that should be coin flipped. In what universe does this make sense?

If it wasn't for the fact I've been knocked out for this rubbish I would have resigned as a matter of principal.

EZ Target?

You Lack Da Moxie
The above post is a load of rubbish.

Magic monkey.

Why? well ask yourself why the human scolipedes were eliminated. We got an activity loss vs someone who hasn't been on the forums since the round started, but mysteriously the other game did not deserve a coinflip and the win was given to the less active partner.
THIS MAKES A LOT OF SENSE

So if 2 games aren't played to mutual inactivity and 1 is played, surely the win should go to the team that already one. The refusal to do this is questionable alone. Next BB got an activity win. He has not been on the forums, so Hawk could not have contacted him this way. Hawk contacted him on the Xat and beluga did not battle. So neither of the 2 forms of contact usable were valid, could our guy have done much more? Not really. Beluga gets coin flip win, despite having no activity compared to hawks daily appearances and attempts to contact on another medium. If the other game can be decided on what KOTS thinks is most active, why not this one?

BGP was "more active that PTZ".

PTZ made first contact, which is very important in deciding activity. PTZ replied faster, which completely contradicts what KOTS gave as one of his reasons. So more of an effort is SLOWER REPLIES AND NOT MAKING FIRST CONTACT. This logic brought to you by KOTS.
BGP went on late one night. Maybe PTZ had other plans on that one particular night. Maybe due to timezones he was asleep/working the whole time. So if 2 parties are making contact but miss each other, the less active one gets a win without a coinflip

does nobody else see the problem here?

Why coin flip the match which had a clear one side more active, and then give the slightly less active party the match in the one that should be coin flipped. In what universe does this make sense?

If it wasn't for the fact I've been knocked out for this rubbish I would have resigned as a matter of principal.

It does seem a bit unfair as all the scolipede's players actually made activity posts in this thread as mm pointed out bb hasn't been on serebii since the round started. so I support the scolipede's arguement!

Thank you for the awards btw!

Last edited:

BGP_

Not gonna completely go against magic, but are you high? Im more active on this forum than some of you will be in your real lives. Alright that one wasnt good cuz ofc the less active are spending their lives better than i am and blah blah.... anyways also it would be nice if i wouldve got an answer the first time. And considering its hard to answer "immediately" when one was during school and the other was right as i got off for the night. No need to continue on though, my reasoning isnt kots's. As for beluga *shrug* ask kots again

Last edited:

Kingothestone

Creamery Commander
The fact that I even have to consider reexplaining the reasoning is absurd.

Big beluga v prohawk:
Yes, prohawk was on serebii. The problems are as follows: the only reason prohawk made any effort to contact big beluga was because i kept nagging him. Additionally, both parties were in the same chat room at one point, yet the battle still was not done. The fact that someone is active on serebii is by no grounds reason for an activity win. The fact that neither party put in a serious effort to get the match done is enough to warrant the coin flip. Not to mention the fact that the vm wasnt sent until there were only 25 hours left in the round. Don't even try to tell me he made more of an effort.

BestGamePearl v. ptz:

Yes, ptz made first contact. No, it was not made until Wednesday. Secondly, not only did bgp respond within moments of coming online, but it was then longer than 24 hours to make a reply, despite being online during that span. Add to that the fact that bgp informed ptz via vm that the match would need to be done before 3 pm est (ptz's timezone), and ptz replied with "ok I can battle between 6 and 8 my time. Additionally, despite not having easy access to a computer, bgp made a concious effort to come online in a last ditch effort to get the match done. When ptz was online, he made minimal efforts to schedule the match. In no way shape or form does that warrent that he was "more active" or that the comparison was even remotely close. Ptz had been informed, when he was online, of the chatroom where bgp could be found. Not a single trip to said chat room was made, and minimal visitor messages were sent. I base activity off of the overall effort. Not off of who makes first contact or who is on serebii more often.

The decision is final. Any further complaints by the scolipedes players will be regarded as attempts at flaming and as spam.

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
The fact that I even have to consider reexplaining the reasoning is absurd.

Big beluga v prohawk:
Yes, prohawk was on serebii. The problems are as follows: the only reason prohawk made any effort to contact big beluga was because i kept nagging him. Additionally, both parties were in the same chat room at one point, yet the battle still was not done. The fact that someone is active on serebii is by no grounds reason for an activity win. The fact that neither party put in a serious effort to get the match done is enough to warrant the coin flip. Not to mention the fact that the vm wasnt sent until there were only 25 hours left in the round. Don't even try to tell me he made more of an effort.

The decision is final. Any further complaints by the scolipedes players will be regarded as attempts at flaming and as spam.

Not a complaint, just pointing out that I actually made the effort to going to said chatroom and didn't get a reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.