• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Coming War

Who needs some more narration time in the next chapter?

• Lukas

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sarah

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Magnus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Felix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll fix these when i get home from school and start writing. I may not be able to post one this weeken cuz im going to the texas state fair. GRRRRRRRR

Last edited:
This is the Fifth Chapter and you may want to re-read the story before reading it.
Enjoy!

[Chapter 5
Baby-Daddy Felix?]

Felix was leaning casually against the corner of the Pokemon centre with his Trog vision on.

He had shades on so no passer-by’s would notice.

“My career as a coordinator is over!” the teenage girl said.

Felix had been doing his normal routine by watching with his Trog vision to see if any of the pregnant girls that walked by would have his next student when, this whiny little sixteen year old walked by.

“Maybe you could get a . . . you know” Her friend trying to console her said.

“Absolutely not! That’s murder! My entire family is pro-life!” the whiny pregnant girl said.

“Are your parents pro-being grandparents? And I didn't mean that, I meant to get an adoption.”

“Huh, nice save. But. . . you just don’t understand Candice. You’re a Gym leader, you have an image to up-hold. I’m a low-level coordinator in this city.” the girl said.

Felix smirked.

If he had to take her by force he would get to fight the Snowpoint Gym Leader, that would be a good chance to try out Skuntank and he could get her too.

It seemed like when a Trog and strong trainer got together it was nearly always a Trog that could beat any champion with half his body tied behind his back, amd Felix had always wanted a son.

Felix smiled at the thought, he then decided it was time to nab them.

“Oh my god! You would be perfect for my magazine!” Felix said in a high-pitched, ecstatic voice.

“Really??!!!” Candice and her friend asked.

“Of course! Could you show me some of your Pokemon?”

The Pregnant girl stood up and Felix got a good look at her mid-section. It was going to be a Dragon Trog, he could already see the symbol giving off a slight glow.

Felix pretended to care while they had a quick battle that Candice easily won.

“What do you think? Can we be in the Mag?” The girl asked.

“My Agent and my publicist both okayed it so can we?” Candice added while returning her phone to her pocket.

“Hmmm oh yes just come with me. My car is over here.” Felix had been lost wondering what this Trog would be like.

Felix smiled as they got in without question. He closed the door and drove into the Trom Sinnoh base.

As soon as they arrived the Teenagers wondered what was going on but two Fight Troms grabbed them and followed Felix into the Base.

He locked the girl in a room and said, “Your only job for the next nine months is making that little girl germinating inside of you as healthy and strong as possible.”

The teen’s mouth went agape as the door was slammed in her face. She spent the next hour punching herself in the stomach and crying in a corner until someone shouted at her.

“Knock it off! If you want to stay alive after this baby you will want it to survive and be a good soldier.”

She cried herself to sleep wondering what was becoming of her friend.

Candice was led to Felix’s room and had her clothes torn off.

“D*mn Felix is gonna get lucky tonight.” The guard who led her here said.

“Enough. Now leave and lock the door.” Felix said, entering in his boxers from the adjoining bathroom.

“You kids have fun” The Trom said while chuckling before he exited the room.

Candice slapped Felix across the face and said, “NO! You didn’t say it was this kind of magazine.”

Felix laughed sinisterly and replied, “There is no magazine you stupid little girl!”

He smacked her back and Candice’s mouth formed an O with this realization.

Felix laughed at her expression, “Well now your just inviting me!”

With that Candice saw red with white hot rage and punched Felix in the nose with all of her strength. Felix cocked his head back to the frail younger woman before him, now clutching her hand and an untraceable emotion flitted up inside his gut. One he didn't like in the slightest. So Felix did what he does best, and his fist rather than his words and knocked her flat out onto the bed before walking out, down the hall and to his bedroom to sleep.

Today was possibly his last day of school if he passed all the Exams and tonight was the First year graduation which was still deeply shrouded in mystery.

He walked downstairs to eat breakfast.

His first class was easy he just had a test called a “Final” with questions like:

What Pokemon was once Reshiram and Zekrom together?

Pretty simple right? That is why I had time left over to think about the past year.

At Christmas we all got the same things; a few video games for the game systems in our rooms, a necklace with our symbol on it which was supposed to help focus our powers, and a Christmas card from our families if you could call it that.

It was obviously just a picture a field agent had taken when they all happened to be together but it still had a great effect on all of us. This caused all of us to cry, mostly into Jeremy’s shirt.

I was brought back to the present by the bell and rushed to summoning.

First we had to summon a large group of Braviarys and then we did a speed summoning test a few times but Ms. Wenk said it wasn’t fast enough.

She took us to the edge of the island and asked for a volunteer.

“No volunteers? Well how about I go by GPA? Okay Alex you are up.” Ms. Wenk said

All of the students laughed at this as Oslek had explained what a GPA was and now the entire class knew I had the lowest GPA. In embarrassment I looked at the ground and waited for the class to settle down.

“Oh I didn’t pick from the bottom of the list. I picked from the top.”

Everyone looked up suddenly and started murmuring apologies.

I walked up to the side of the cliff so I was standing next to her and asked, “What do I do. . .”

“Oh dear, just survive. That will do.”

“Wha. . .” I didn’t get to finish because she interrupted me by pushing me off the cliff.

I started to panic because the rocks didn’t look very friendly when I remembered what class I was in and shone my symbol.

Braviary swooped down and caught me. We then flew back up the cliff slowly because in my six year old mind I thought arising slowly from the side of a cliff would look cool, and judging by the looks of my fellow students, it was pretty cool.

“That was a speed summon. Who’s next?” Ms. Wenk said after I had landed and dismounted.

The entire class was then put in the same situation that I was and all survived.

The next two classes I passed easily by first healing an injured Magby and then beating the computer in a simulation battle.

When I walked into Lukas’s room I noticed a note that said: “Practice fields, now.”

“Well that doesn’t give me much time.” I said then turned and ran.

As soon as I walked into the fields Jessica launched a psychic wave at me. I ducked under it and returned with a stream of fire from my hand.

She blocked it easily but acted like I had directly hit her and fell over then lay on the ground with her tongue sticking out.

Her Hypno then did a huge, dramatic, fake death and fell on the ground next to her.

While I was laughing from this Magnus came up and sent four psychic waves at me from all directions that were slowly coming closer to me.

I sent a ring of fire that originated at my chest out in a circle around me and watched as it destroyed each and every pulse.

I sent a fireball at Magnus and he pulled up a psychic shield to counter but once again faked his death.

I though this was odd, especially when most of the faculty members to lay “Dead”
around me. Mary walked up and I sent a blast of fire at her as well.

“What the hell Alex!!!!” She shouted at me.

“I’m sorry! Lukas is putting me through some kind of test and I thought you were a part of it.”

Lukas grabbed me by my shoulders and said, “She was. You are now dead but I think making it this far deserves at least a D-.”
I laughed as the staff shook the grass off of themselves and started motioning for me to do something by waving their hands. I looked around at their faces laughed then pretended to die and fell down.

I was laughing really hard and laying on the ground, when I said, “That was so much fun Dad!”

All the faculty members went silent and I jumped up. I was so embarrassed and Lukas had his eyes wide open.

“I’m so sorry!” I said.

“Alex. . .” Lukas said

I sprinted back to my room and slammed then locked the door and cried into my pillow for what felt like hours from missing my family.

I then checked my grades for that day and I had passed, actually I had excelled at all my final grades, especially Fire study which was my highest grade.

I had gotten 200 of the 100 possible and I wondered how this was possible when Jeremy walked in.

“You’re going to want to shower before the ceremony. Lukas told me about what happened. He’s fine with it and it’s not the first time it’s happened so don’t worry.” Jeremy said comfortingly.

I hugged him and he patted my back. I sniffled one last time and let go. Jeremy walked out and I jumped in the shower.

After showering Jeremy led us down for dinner, then to the Auditorium for the ceremony.

“Welcome to the first to second year graduation ceremony. I am Magnus but of course you know that.

First years! You will come up to the stage where you see these eggs on conveyer belts. They will go you with your symbol glowing. If an egg reacts you must physically touch it and if the Pokemon inside chooses you it will hatch.

This is your partner for life so do not complain or even celebrate, simply walk out the door there.” Magnus who is in the robes most of the older Trogs wear to formal occasions said and then pointed to an open door.

“Would group D, Alice’s group come up here.”

Six kids followed Alice as she walked up on stage.
“This is Lillian a Psychic Trog.” Alice said.

As she said it most of the Eggs dropped down to what I assumed was the basement and all that was left were Psychic eggs. Lillian stood on a platform and glowed her symbol in-front of the egg I knew was an Abra.

The egg shook slightly and the conveyer belt rolled on, passing by; Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh with very few eggs reacting but Unova was a different story. Munna and Woobat eggs shook ferociously especially after she touched the eggs but they eventually stopped and this continued until she touched what apparently was a Gothita egg and a little black Pokemon jumped out. Lillian squeled with delight, picked up her partner and ran out of the room.

Alice introduced Jake who eventually got a Duskull followed by Keith who got a snivy.

Next, she introduced Hillary who got a Buneary which matched her completely.followed by Leroy, a steel Trog that hatched a Pawniard.

“And last but not least we have, Derek, who is a Bug Trog.” Alice announced with a hint of sadness.

Derek walked up to the platform and let his symbol shine. He did not get a reaction from a single Pokemon until a Scyther jumped out of an egg as soon as he shone his symbol on it.

Derek had a huge smile on his face as his partner and him walked out the door followed by a now crying Alice.

Magnus walked back to the podium and said, “Would Bret’s group, C please come to the stage.”

“No problem.” Bret said with a sarcastic salute.

“This is Steven, a Dragon like me.” Bret fist bumped Steven as he strolled up.

A Bagon egg shook slightly but didn’t hatch and then when he began getting exited because the only thing left was the Tao Trio a Deino hatched. A Semi-disappointed but still very pleased Steven helped his partner walk out the door with him.

He announced Freddy who got a Makuhita followed by a little Rock girl named Mina who got a Ryhorn and Kasey who got a Pidove.

“Yes! Unfezants love to show off, just like me!” Kasey squealed.

“Only male Unfezant’s Kasey, now please go through the door.” Bret said calmly.

With a slightly let-down expression Kasey walked out.

“Next is Phil a Ground Trog.” Bret announced.

Phil got a Sandile who had the exact same attitude as him and Phil walked out holding his new friend.

“And heeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrreeeeeees Ryan a Dark Trog.”

Ryan blushed slightly at the introduction and received no reaction as the eggs passed. Suddenly a Zorua emerged from an egg and barked before jumping into Ryan’s arms.

Bret walked out with Ryan and Jean went up with a slightly disgusted look on her face when called.

“Kazan, he’s water.” Jean said boringly.

The device redistributed to meet the needs of Kazan and he ended up with a Magikarp.

Kazan sighed then grabbed it by the tail and dragged it out the door.

Next was Zack who was Fire like me and got a Litwick, and then Wendy a Poison, who hatched Bulbasaur.

After Wendy a Dragon Trog named Loraine hatched a Dratini and walked out with it slithering behind her.

“This is James. He is a Fire Trog.” Jean said with the most enthusiasm she had the entire night.

As soon as James put his hand near the Charmander egg a Charmander jumped out and sparkled.

“The first shiny of the night. Good job James.” Magnus said.

*Humph* “Cool.” James said before walking out with Jean behind him and his Charmander.

“This is group A who had the highest scores and the best results in all classes. Expect great field Agents and Teachers from this group led by Jeremy the number one Arena scorer this year.”

The gathered Alumni and other Trogs clapped as we took the Stage.

“Thank you, thank you. It is my honor to introduce a great Ice Trog named Lacy.”

Lacy hugged Jeremy then stepped up to the platform and shone her symbol.

An egg I assumed was Articuno hatched to reveal an Eevee.

“. . . How?” Lacy asked with puzzlement.

“It can and now is predetermined to evolve into Glaceon as your partner.” Magnus explained.

“Oh. That is cool!” Lacy said.

She picked up her Eevee, held him against her chest with her arms crossed over him and walked out the door commenting on how cute she was.

“Next is a Water Trog named Justin.”

Justin walked up, high-fived Jeremy and stepped up on the platform.

He got a reaction from most of the Pokemon but finally hatched a little Oshawatt.

He walked out with his partner who was studying the Scalchop on his chest.

"Now it’s an electric Trog named Blake’s turn.”

Blake did not get many reactions until an Elekid shook for almost a minute before hatching for him.

Blake laughed as Elekid looked at him with slight confusion before walking his partner out.

“Good luck!” I said to Sarah as she got introduced.

“Here is Sarah. An Electric Trog just like her twin brother you just saw.” Jeremy said.

Sarah walked up and stretched out her hand as the machine refreshed with a new Elekid egg and reset itself at Magnemite.

After Going through Hoenn a Shinx egg hatched for Sarah and simply stared up at her.

It started walking out with Sarah who was smiling wildly.

“This is Alex. He Received the highest Summoning and Powers final score. He is a Fire Trog who’s powers were accessed early to evolve his pet Growlithe while saying Good-bye before boarding the plane. Here he is, Alex.”

I received the most applause of any student and I looked to see everyone in the audience and their partners applauding, But Lukas was nowhere to be found and this struck me as very odd.

I walked up and stood on the platform which made me feel taller. I made my symbol shine and shone the light on the egg.

The egg began shaking very violently so I did what I was supposed to and put my hand on it. After a few seconds it settled down and I took my hand off not the least bit disappointed. The same thing happened with Growlithe only it shook for twice as long before stopping. I kept going and every single Pokemon and I was beginning to get agitated as a Chimchar egg passed.

The Victini egg shook so violently I thought it was about to set off an earthquake but finally stopped. I rubbed my hand for a second anticipating what was about to happen while the machine switched to a Tepig egg.

I shone the light from my symbol on it preparing to place my hand on it and then feel disappointed, when it didn’t shake at all.

I got confused and wondered what happened and the machine refused to move. Suddenly egg shards shot out so forcefully that several pieces got embedded it the walls and there, sitting on its hind legs with its front legs in between them was a cute little Tepig.

He was looking up at me in wonderment so I picked him up with my thumb on his chest and my other fingers wrapped around his shoulder and looked into his eyes.

I walked out the door with Jeremy and Magmortar, who was intensely interested in the fire type in my hand.

I stepped out of the door and realized that I would soon be, if I wasn’t already, a full-fledged Trog.

“Thank you all for coming. Please enjoy touring the campus with nostalgia while we go test these new Trogs to see if they are worthy of that title.” Magnus said.

Magnus started to walk towards the door remembering the vision of a Trog. . . or even dare he say a Trom, partnered with an Emboar causing so much damage to the opposing army.

But what could it mean?

Last edited:

DarknessInZero

<- Es mío! MÍO!
No!!!!! Candice was raped! I don't know if I can say that. Well.

Great chapter. Although I didn't like that. Well. Keep the good job! (Although I know that is difficult to be all time with fresh ideas. So anyway. Good job.)

Sarah Jane

Pokéfan Sarah
I have a feeling your character is turning into somewhat of a Mary Sue...

Plus, I felt it was disrespectful to address Candice as a "prego" in the chapter, and I didn't like that at all. Just thought I'd speak my mind and point that out. Some girls may find that offensive; as did I.

DarknessInZero

<- Es mío! MÍO!
Candice wasn't the Prego. The other one was the Prego. Whatever that means.

The prego was the whiny girl and I didn't want arthritis from writing "Pregnant sixteen year old" ninety times. Candice was her friend and is now Felix's, against her will, "special friend"
I'm going to look up a mary sue but i assume it's a person that's amazing at everything and i assure you, that is not the case.

Sarah Jane

Pokéfan Sarah
There's a thing called "copy and paste", or you could just refer to her as the pregnant girl. You could've found another term for it that wasn't offensive toward women. And from what I've seen so far, your character is in fact a bit of a Mary Sue; he seems to be great and unique at a lot of things, and you haven't recognized any of the other characters' abilities yet, or given them any for that matter. So, yes, my defining your character as a Mary Sue would be correct.

*Sigh* if you would be so kind as to let me get past chapter five before judging the entire fanfic please. I just now finished the exposition by introducing these characters and partners. I admit i had a slight rising action with Felix's parts but that was to keep people interested. Lukas: Lazy, good teacher, dating Jessica, partner Typhlosion, doesn't agree with Magnus's way of doing things, etc. I have been adding to other characters along the way but what have you ever read that wasn't right off the bat all about one character? most of the time with very experienced authors they can wrap up most of the key points of a character by the fourth or so chapter but continues to add characterization throughout.

Can a five-now six year old really notice how his classmates are doing? When/If you played sports as a Kid where you focused on your performance or the team as a whole's performance? Most likely you were more concerned with your performance and only cared if you won so you could go to pizza hut afterwards. I'm trying to write this like a mature for his age, and smart five/six-year old would.

I don't want to make my other readers hate my character yet by making him to flwed but I am trying to make him not a Mary sue. Ex: Alex could only summon a Rufflet the first day of school, This was fixed by the Rufflet evolving but that was only because of the Teacher's hurtful words, not anything special.

I am sorry if the word Prego offends you, and i am sorry if you disagree with my writing style but that is just the way it is i guess.

I fixed the Prego and I changed the Duckull thing. I'm writing the sixth chapter now and I hope you like it. Sorry if i came off as cross, but especially in this chapter Alex gets a lot less narration and other characters begin developing more. it will be as graphic as . . . Possibly one of Felix's scenes that spans an entire chapter. I plan to post it later tonight or Tomorrow in the morning.

Sarah Jane

Pokéfan Sarah
Just giving you a heads-up in case you get flamed by feminists. Your character was the top in his class at the end, and got the most recognition... That's very Mary Sue-esque. Someone posted on my fanfic saying that I should watch it with my character, and your character has had a lot of glory so far in the story. I'm not trying to judge your fanfic, but, truthfully, your "writing style" shouldn't contain terms that could be find offensive by others. I'm surprised an admin hasn't said something about it, and the fact you refer to the subject of abortion - that's extremely controversial; on both sides of the argument.

I changed Prego and I never directly talk about abortion. The teen just insinuates that that is what Candice is talking about. It is but i never actually mention it. Again this is rated PG-15 so don't expect this to be Dora or the Disney channel. I am currently writing Chapter 6 which will likely be the most Graphic.

Also Alex is just that, a Character. It's a name I am familiar with and easy to remember which is why i use it.

Here is The newest chapter. Be warned go grab a box of tissues now if you have become even remotely attached to these characters. NOt really, but still.

[Chapter 6
Wake me up ]

I stepped through the door and instantly fell flat on my face.

Jeremy helped me stand and quieted the other laughing children. A T.V screen which I found out had shown a live feed throughout the ceremony was sitting behind some adults.

Sarah’s Shinx was running around in mid-air chasing Kasey’s Pidove, which wasn’t normal, well I thought so.

“Settle down children. This is the Island of Trials. It is in the same Archipelago as the academy and is the largest island. The School Island is only around twenty miles from any given side to the middle. This one is almost forty from the beach to the middle. Yes My Gallade teleported you all here with your partners.” Magnus said.

I looked around for my group and saw them playing with their partners except Sarah who was trying to get Shinx back to the ground.

“I see most of you have noticed your Pokemon know several egg moves and special moves, much like Sarah’s Shinx who no doubtly has ran by your head at some point in the last few minutes.” Lukas said

“Sorry!” A red-faced Sarah said

A teacher with a Ferrothorn had it use Gravity and a formerly carefree baby Shinx fell to the ground. Sarah then ran over to her partner and carried a now tired Shinx back to our group.

“Before you got to bed, configure your moves inside that cabin over there.” Lukas said and pointed to a semi-large wooden building.

“Your goal is to pass these trials and return here. I do not care if your arm is barely attached to your body; just make it back here in as little time as you can. Then you will have passed your final test and be a Trog.” Magnus said

I looked about the clearing and thought of how easy this would be. I could hear the Ocean so I would just find the beach and walk until I saw the Cabin. Then I would be a Trog.

Magnus and Lukas explained some more while I tuned out and thought of a good move-set for a Tepig.

“Don’t be surprised when you wake up and are on a completely different part of the Island, this happens a-lot. Just come back here alive and there may be a reward for you,” Magnus looked straight at me, “especially if you are a good student.” Magnus said and turned back to the group.

“Good night!” Lukas said and flopped down on the ground while his Typhlosion curled around him.

“We’re sleeping out here!” Kasey said astonished

“It’s not polite to disturb people while they try to sleep but fine, here.” Lukas said and sent a few sparks on a pile of logs sitting near him.

The campfire ignited and most of the students realized this was the most luxurious thing we would get.

I walked into the Cabin and saw a machine.

Lacy’s Eevee was sitting on a platform connected to several wires.

She was typing on a computer like device and murmuring, “Magnus said try four or five moves for now. . . Quick Attack . . . Stored Power. . . Dig . . . Bite . . . Trump card”

“That sounds nice” I said

Lacy who was pretty paranoid jumped about three feet in the air and grabbed her chest.

“Alex! You scared the crap out of me!” She said while gasping for air

We both laughed as he Eevee finished learning her moves and jumped off.

Lacy said “See you later,” and walked out.

Tepig jumped on the Platform and I stared at the screen.

He looked skinny so I deleted Heavy Slam and most of the Status moves. Out of his egg move I kept Superpower, Magnitude and Thrash because they were high-powered. And with the Tm’s I kept Flame Charge and Wild Charge because he had pretty strong attack.

When I was done he jumped off and tried out a few of his moves as we walked back to the campfire ring.

Jessica had her head on Lukas’s Typhlosion with her arm draped over Lukas. I knew now what a date was and knew they were dating regularly now.

I lay down and hugged Tepig to my chest wondering what kind of Trials I would face in the next few days.

At some point it felt like I only blinked but when I opened my eyes there was bright daylight streaming through the leaves of trees.

I jumped up and grabbed a bushel of berries for our breakfast as Tepig woke up.

While we ate an angry Butterfree with a yellow-orange scarf flew out of a nearby tree and sent a silver wind at us.

I laughed at the thought that this was probably a trial and had Tepig use Flame charge.

It went down easily but continued burning even after it fainted which seemed weird to me.

When the fire dissipated all that was left was a small pile of ash and I looked down at the Pokemon I had just used to murder another with.

He seemed to really enjoy it and went so far as to sniff at the ashes and appear to laugh.

I looked over at a small group of newly hatched Caterpie’s and back to the ash pile with a scrap of the scarf that had survived still burning.

At the realization I had just killed these Pokemon’s father I almost threw up the berries I had eaten but managed to hold it down as I walked away.

I heard some waves coming in and I sprinted to the beach and splashed some nice cool salt water on my face. I saw a stick pointing to the West so I started to walk in that direction looking behind me periodically to see that Tepig was still following me.

After about thirty minutes of walking I saw the roof of the Cabin and started running towards it.

When I got back in the clearing I saw Lukas and all of my Professor’s begin clapping.

I looked around but It turns out I was the first one back. Lukas came up and hugged me.

“You are the first one! I always knew you were special!” Lukas said while locking me in a huge bear hug.

“Let’s go get your reward” He said while winking and walked me over to a small sea plane.

When it landed I found myself a block away from my house in Castelia City.

I jumped out and sprinted into my house to see my entire family inside with a huge ‘Welcome Home!!’ banner. I laughed as I hugged all my family members including Rick who had a Marshtomp and a Blitzle.

I told stories about the academy and my entire family stayed totally on the edge of their seats the entire time. I played with Arcanine and then had a Battle with Rick.
He sent out Marshtomp to my Tepig and used a strong mud bomb. I came back with a Superpower and then a Magnitude to almost cause Marshtomp to go down.

I had Tepig run up and Finish it with a Thrash.

My family and Lukas laughed and clapped as I achieved victory.

“How long can I stay?” I asked to Lukas as the day began winding down.

“Magnus is going to give me a call when someone else is getting close so we can come back. None of them are as good as you so you probably will have about a week with your family.” He replied

“Yaay!” I shouted

After my relatives had all left I sat on my bed and for the first time in a year my parents tucked me in. I sat thinking of what I could do for a week with my family and still clutching Tepig I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

Sarah was walking through the forest with her Shinx who was quite rambunxious
and was walking ahead always on the lookout for danger. A Swellow screeched above her and she looked up to see her best friend from before the academy, a Plusle, riding it down to her. Sarah squeled with delight and caught her Plusle as it jumped from the Flying type’s back.

After reuniting and then introducing her to Shinx, the group continued on. After defeating many Pokemon who tried to hinder their progress, Sarah and her Pokemon stopped for Lunch.

Out of nowhere several people on Rapidashes and Zebstrikas rode up.

“Why are you on our Island!!!” The biggest of these men said.

“I. . . I am trying to become a Trog. Is this a trial?” Sarah said

“It’s about to be a trial of how strong your Pokemon are hahahahaha!” One of the men said.

Two of the men jumped off and grabbed Plusle and Shinx who tried to struggle and get away but couldn’t get away.

“Stop that! Those are MY Pokemon!” Sarah shrieked

“PLUSSSSSLEEEEE!” Plusle shouted letting loose a discharge.

“Haha! Electric proof vest! Stupid Pokemon” The man holding Plusle said.

The men tied Shinx’s and Plusle’s legs to a tree trunk on separate sides of the clearing, then tied their arms to the saddle of their Pokemon.

Sarah looked at this in Puzzlement wondering what was happening when the men whipped their Pokemon on the butts and they started running forward.

There was an audible snap as several of the little Pokemon’s bones broke throughout their body.

“STOP IT YOU MONSTERS!!!!” Sarah shouted and ran toward her Shinx to save her.

“PLUSSSLE!!!” Plusle screamed in pain

Sarah stopped and ran back towards Plusle to save her first. When she was almost in the middle of the clearing Shinx cried out and she screeched to a halt.

Sarah knew she could only save one so she would have to choose between her knew friend who chose her. Shinx thought she was good enough when she was sure no one else did, but. . . Plusle had saved her when she was a child and was her best friend before this.

Who should she save!? She turned towards Plusle right as both of her Pokemon’s bodie tore in half and blood splattered on Sarah.

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” Sarah screamed in agony as the top half of both her Pokemon flew forward and landed at her feet.

She fell to her knees and started crying her eyes out.

“My Pokemon. My Pokemon.” Sarah sobbed over and over.

She hugged their bodies to her, and wished for death.

Blake had seen the roof of the cabin and started running towards it.

No matter how long he ran it always felt like it was farther away then it had been a moment ago.

He couldn’t take it anymore when He heard an unmistakable scream that he instantly knew was from his sister, Sarah.

Blake looked back at the cabin then sprinted towards his sister.

When he arrived in a clearing he saw Sarah’s mangled body next to her partner Shinx’s equally mutilated body. He saw Bret Standing over her laughing with a knife in his hand.

“What did you do to my sister!?!” Blake shouted

“Oh she was already dead. . . well she was when I cut out her heart hahahaha.”

Blake noticed his Garchomp had a bloodstained mouth and had Shinx’s tail sticking out.

He ran forward with Elekid following him and suddenly shot a large bolt of electricity from his symbol. Bret fell back after being struck and Garchomp ran forward.

When Blake and Elekid came near, Garchomp spun around and hit them both with his glowing Tail. Bret flew back against a tree and was almost knocked out. Through his cloudy vision he saw Garchomp throw Elekid into the air and catch him in his jaws, chewed a few times and then swallowed.

Bret walked up behind his partner laughed and then started mutilating Blake’s body with the knife, the same way he had Sarah’s.

Blake closed his eyes and gave in to Death’s clutches.

Lacy woke up the second day on The Island of Trials and started picking berries after her Eevee okayed them.

She started walking and heard her Teammate’s voices calling her name. Lacy looked in all directions until she knew where it was coming from then ran towards the voices.

After a few minutes Lacy entered a clearing and saw her teammates sitting on logs waiting for her.

“We thought we could find the cabin together faster than we could apart.” Justin explained.

“That makes sense. Where is Alex?” Lacy said

Justin got a concerned look, “We didn’t find him but assume he will pass by here at some point.”

“That makes sense.” Lacy reasoned

She went to a creek and splashed some water on her face as the water settled. Lacy poked the surface of the water and froze a small circle of water as she had done several times secretly. She didn’t want to be in a dumb class like they put Alex in, he never got to play but it didn’t seem to bother him in the slightest.

As the ice became more mirror like she saw a vision of her Dad writing something at home. This was her first Trog vision, she was so exited!

Lacy leaned in closer and saw what her Dad was writing, ‘Last year you took my daughter away from me. She was the only thing in my life worth anything and you took her to turn her into a soldier. Well I’m tired of a life without meaning so I’m going to end it. Tell Lacy I said Good-bye if she even thinks about me anymore. . .’ her father put the letter in their mail box after addressing it with three simple question marks like this
??? and walked back inside.

Lacy watched with tears in her eyes as her dad climbed on to a stool and tightened a noose around his neck.

Lacy punched the ice causing it to melt and cried he eyes out. She was now an orphan.

What reason did she have to continue living? She walked into the creek until it was deeper than her head and floated face down until she blacked out.

Justin was running through the forest looking for the cabin or one of his teammates at the very least.

He was running to fast to change direction as he was about to run into a tree when he harmlessly passed through it.

“What the?” Justin said as he waved his hand through it a few time.

“Oshaa. . .” Oshawatt agreed

He used Razor shell on it and around half the Trees suddenly disappeared in the forest before they came back one by one.

“Where are we?” Justin asked

I was hanging out with my family and having a great time. Lukas had checked into a hotel after the first night and I actually kind of missed him.

I looked at the fire in the Fireplace and waited for dinner to be ready. As I stared a Trog vision, as they were called, appeared and I saw what looked like me laying in a clearing of a forest with Tepig trying hard to wake me up.
I got closer and saw several fainted Pokemon he had undoubtedly saved me from but I still laid there. My eyes were looking in all directions underneath my eyelids and it looked like I was dreaming about something.

“Hey don’t get so close to the fi. . .” Before Matthew could finish I had instinctually turned around and launched a stream of fire at him.

“AHHHHHHHH!” Matthew screamed as his hair caught on fire.

“I’m sorry! It was an accident!” I said as I ran after him.

I stared at him and tried to duplicate what Lukas had shown me one time where he pulled his fire back inside his body but I couldn’t do it.

A few days later I sat at Matthew’s funeral crying. I had killed my brother who never did anything but be the best big brother the world had to offer.

It was closed casket so no one would see the terribly charred remains.

My parent’s had practically disowned me and I had gone to living in Lukas’s hotel room.

“Why didn’t you think?!? The whole point of teaching you wasn’t to defend yourself, we could have done that. It was so you wouldn’t hurt anyone on campus you Idiotic boy! Better here than on campus though.

Magnus was right I should never had taught you and just let him seal your powers up!” Lukas said when I arrived at the hotel that horrible day.

I hated myself wholeheartedly. I wished I could go back and never of been born, or at the very least never have been a Trog.

After the funeral Rick came up and punched me square in the jaw and said, “The wrong brother died. It should have been you!”

He punched me again in the stomach, spat on me and walked away. Tears came to my eyes again.

My grandfather walked by and glared at me, clearly all affection gone from his heart.

After many more comments like Rick’s and being glared at I ran back to the hotel and took the biggest knife I could find in the kitchen. It was a rectangular butcher’s knife and it was sharp. I ran out of the kitchen with chefs chasing me and locked myself in the room.

I stood at the counter and placed my hand with my symbol on the counter. I raised the knife above my wrist and squeezed my eyes shut.

I slammed the blade down with all the force in my body and screamed in agony.

Jessica walked up to Magnus who was tanning in a lawn chair and smacked him across the face.

“What the hell was that for!” Magnus said placing his palm against his cheek, he tasted blood.

“What did you do to the island!” Jessica screamed.

“What do you mean?”

“Hypno just checked with Dream Eater and the hallucinations are worse than they have ever been. If the children aren’t suicidal they are already dead!” Jessica yelled

“What! Like who? The island is supposed to find a shortcoming and create a situation where they are forced to overcome it. What’s going on?” Magnus said stunned

“A lot of them are being killed or watching their partners die and are helpless to do anything but the it seems like the higher scores they got the worse the hallucinations are. Sarah thinks her childhood friend and her new partner Shinx just got ripped in half!

Hillary saw her Buneary get shot and held it as she bled out! Blake just got EATEN! Don’t try to tell me these are normal. My hallucination just showed Drowzee in trouble and I had to save her!

These kids are going to be certifiably insane if they ever wake up!” Jessica screamed

“No one leave this island fully sane. You know that.” Magnus replied

“Don’t you dare try to blame this island for Felix! He was a monster from the very beginning!” Jessica said

“He’s my cousin; that means you just talked about my family like that. Don’t make that mistake again.” Magnus said angrily

“What are you going to do? Jess’s Hypno just showed me also and Lacy just tried to drown herself. We are getting the kid’s off this island!” Lukas said as he walked up.

Jeremy and the other mentors glared at him. Magnus couldn’t interrupt the tests but he had to do something. . .
“I honestly cannot interrupt the Trials. And if we took them off the island they would never wake up. We’ll give them therapy when they get back here but until them keep a close eye on all of them. If what you say is true and they have been like this for four days then all their hallucinations should be ending soon and a new Trial should begin. All we can do is hope they make it here before they do anything drastic.”

Magnus looked at Gallade and at all the, now slightly less angry, faces surrounding him he knew they believed him and would do as he said.

But if none of the Trogs from this generation survived what would happen?

Magnus stood and went to Jess’s Hypno to see what was happening.

After a few minutes of watching he wanted to gouge his eyes out.

He came back outside crying and hugged the first person he came within reaching distance of.

“What are we doing to them Lukas? Why can’t we just give them a normal childhood! No one should have to go through what they are right now.” Magnus sobbed into his long time rival’s shoulder

“I don’t know but I have this feeling that something big is going to go down and this is the generation that will be the most prepared to face it.” Lukas said

“Me too, and I’m a Psychic Trog.”

A few of the gathered Teachers and older students laughed at this remark and then joined hands.

The Trogs now in a circle shone their symbols together and sent their strength all over the island.

Good luck young Trogs Magnus thought

Good Luck

Last edited:

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Wow. This is...really dark. It's good, don't get me wrong, but when you PMed me asking for help with humor, this isn't quite what I expected. If this doesn't get better, you might want to change the rating to R. I also don't quite understand a few things. If they were hallucinations, did everyone really die? You could make that kind of thing more clear and it would really help. As for humor, I don't quite see where it could be incorporated here. I'll try to be of more help after reading some more, but for now, I just wish you good luck.

-TA

Last edited:
This is the darkest chapter well and next chapter but i'm adding some comic relief so i might be okay. ya it got pretty bad in this chapter and they all are still alive just a little crazed at the moment.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I suppose some comedy could be made, just don't make it too abrupt. After seeing your two best friends sliced in half, you're not going to be joking around much. It would be best to put humor into the narration rather than the dialog, and even then, keep it on the light side. In order to help you much more, I'm going to need to see what kind of humor you have in mind, so I hope to get a taste of that in the next chapter. See ya then!

-TA

Technically they were torn, but sliced is a good word. It's a form of torture from medieval times. Used on witches mainly, they would be tied to four different horses then ripped apart so i thought it would be good to show indecision ie: the thing the island was supposed to help her conquer. Oh and don't worry about my mental stability in making that connection

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Technically they were torn, but sliced is a good word. It's a form of torture from medieval times. Used on witches mainly, they would be tied to four different horses then ripped apart so i thought it would be good to show indecision ie: the thing the island was supposed to help her conquer. Oh and don't worry about my mental stability in making that connection

Okay, rather creepy, but okay. Thanks for clearing that up. Anyway, like I said, Don't put too much humor in, and slide into it gently. And like I said, even if you don't boost he rating of the whole story to R, I would at least consider putting a single chapter rating on that one. I'm in high school, and I found that difficult to read.

here is the next chapter, sorry about the week-long wait. I've been busy with school but here it is. here you go.

[Chapter 7
The Escape ]

Tepig once again tried his attacks on his comatose master to no avail. He laid down on his chest and sighed.

“Why don’t you wake up? And stop screaming like you chopped your hand off you baby!”/// or in English, “Tepep? igtepig!” he said.

Tepig looked around the clearing at all the Pokemon he had downed to protect his trainer. Pokemon on this island acted like these sleeping humans were the only meal they could ever get too. It was weird.

At the graduation ceremony the eggs had all communicated telepathically which all eggs can do with each other. Oh, right. Humans don’t come from eggs, they wouldn’t understand.

Anyway, all of the eggs had wanted to choose him, but when they looked into his heart they saw something. Like a stain on church-pants or a gray cloud on a beautiful day.

He had evil or something not quite right in there. The first few Pokemon had said that as they stopped shaking and Tepig was worried he would pick this person who no-doubtedly would be an evil person. The Heatmor had announced to the group he would gladly choose this human and stand by him no matter what he was like and Tepig decided he would let him harmlessly pass by him with that odd light the others had described and he had felt go over him once before with. . . Zack was it?

Anyway he had been waiting for Alex to pass so he could stop bracing himself to not react, when a feeling came over Tepig. In a moment he saw all of Alex’s decisions. All his actions, his life, his thoughts, his emotions, and his hardships. He could also see his shortcomings and darkest most personal secrets.

After all this Tepig saw a sort of color, a orange-pink-reddish color that blended in a array of beauty but had a streak of dark gray, almost black color that slowly swam through the other colors.

Before Tepig could stop himself he chose this person and hatched suddenly and without any warning.

Tepig snapped out of it as some bushes towards the edge of the clearing ruffled, as gently as if swayed by the breeze. He was sure it was nothing but just to be safe he jumped off and stood with his feet firmly in the ground prepared to protect this person, with his life if necessary.

. . . But why? He had only just met for this person err. . . this Trog? He had heard someone say that. Who was it? Oh yeah, that tall guy that had the blonde, almost white hair. And also the guy with the brown hair and the weird blue fire thingy.

The bushes rattled again and this time Tepig was sure it wasn’t just the wind. He got lower to the ground and prepared to battle for probably the ninetieth time that day. Oh cool! My first exaggeration! Why do I know what that word means? I’m six days old!

Wait! I’m supposed to be preparing to do battle, stop getting distracted!

With that the bushes came apart and Tepig charged.

Candice didn’t want to admit it, but after the first couple of days it was actually kind of nice. Someone was always there to cater to her every whim. Heck she ordered twenty of the finest Clamperl and then dumped them in the trash in-front of Felix.

He thought it was funny and before long Candice was laughing with him, caught up in the moment and forgetting she was supposed to hate this guy and letting down her guard.

The chef on the other hand did not like the idea and tried to force Candice to eat it by grabbing her hair and throwing her to the ground next to the trash can.

“Eat it, you stupid wh**e!” The chef yelled angrily.

In one motion Felix picked up the Chef and threw him against a wall.

“That’s not how you treat guests. When you’re done mopping up your blood I want you to fix a nice dinner for us.” He turned to Candice, “What would you like?” Felix said

“The key out of here.” Candice said with a smirk. As her stomach rumbled she added, “And maybe a side of Spaghetti.”

Felix chuckled then walked out. Candice instantly noticed he had left the door open a crack, this was a big step-up from triple locking the door every time he walked out.

She stepped out of the room and was instantly met by a small man who was a little below eye-level with her.

Rather than ushering her back into the room he handed her a map, a cell-phone and a name-tag that was black with white lettering.

“You are to keep this phone on you at all times. This map will show you to your friend and the dress closet. It’s a little small but Felix said you would want something nice for your date. This name-tag will get you into almost everywhere, before you ask it will only let you outside to the swimming pool and athletic areas. It also means you can boss anyone around that has a lighter colored nametag, like me.” He said as he held up a yellow nametag that said Bob.

“Nice to meet you Bob. Why does this lead to my friend?” Candice said holding up the map.

“Felix said something about being a little too rough and wanted her to be happy so the baby would be also happy when she was born.”

“Macy is only a month. . . maybe. Why does he assume it will be a girl?” Candice asked

“Trog vision.” Was all bob said before he walked away.

Candice went to Macy and in her most uppity voice announced, “Let her out! . . . and can someone show me to the swimming pool?”

Macy ran out and straight into Candice’s arms.

With an unsteady breath she asked, “What happened? Are you okay? Did he hurt you? Did your agent get you out? Where’s my Pokemon?”

“Wow calm down. A guy named Felix took us to. . . here, I’m fine, a little, no I’m stuck here too but with some freedom right now and . . . I . . . don’t know.” Candice replied.

“Well I’m going to kill him if I get the chance. Did you mention a pool?”

“Haha yes.” Candice said as she asked someone with a Shuckle following them and an odd tattoo to take them to the pool.

“Aren’t you the. . . Oh John’s probably hanging around here then. Follow that hallway and Turn right where you see the big sign that says “Pool. Turn right.” Then you will see a closet with bathing suits. Outside, if you ring a bell an attendant will come soon with anything you need.”

As the friends walked away and the Shuckle Trom watched them leave a hand smacked the back of his head hard.

“What the hell! You almost blew my cover you douche. It’s hard enough to control their emotions when their first week here was horrible but if they suspect I’m doing it then I’ll barely get through!” The assailant with a Lucario said.

“Well you wouldn’t want to disappoint Felix now would you? Teacher’s pet.”

“Haha good one. So I see we’ve reverted back to five year olds. Act your age D**k.” John said

John walked away hoping that the weakling with a Shuckle would have stayed a Trom, Noone liked him anyways.

Candice sat at the edge of the pool after taking a dip with Macy. She remembered she should be angry about something but didn’t know what. She seemed to be having a great time.

“I’m hungry and tired of that prison crap. Let’s ring the bell!” Macy said excitedly

Macy ran over with an immature giggle and rang the bell hanging on the wall. She then rushed back to the table that Candice was seated at.

A few moments later Bob was walking towards them with a frown on his face.

“You rang” he said in a deep baritone.

Both girls started laughing before continuing “I want a lurchey oops I mean turkey sandwich please.” Macy said giddily

“I’ll take the same.” Candice said before giggling like a girl again

“We don’t have sandwiches ready yet. I can bring you some or’s de voeres until lunch though.”

“Well I guess you just have to make it yourself then won’t you?” Candice said flashing her nametag.

Bob walked away mumbling angrily to himself.

After Candice had picked out a dress she walked into the area designated on her map. In the candlelit room stood Felix. When he saw Candice walk in his eyes got wide.

“Wow. You are beautiful.” Felix said breathlessly

“Thanks” Candice said. She had an odd inkling that she was supposed to hate this man but she had no idea why. He was a tall strong man and she had a feeling underneath that Tux was a six pack.

I’m acting like a fricken schoolgirl! Stop thinking with your libido Candice!

Candice smiled as Felix pulled out a chair for her, opposite his. They spent the next several minutes, or hours, or days; she didn’t even care anymore, Leatning about each other and realizing they were perfect for each other.

After dinner Felix and Candice walked hand-in-hand back to her room.

Felix stood at her door and said, “That was amazing. You have got to be the coolest person I have ever met.”

“You’re not so bad yourself” Candice said with a wink.

Felix pushed back her hair and kissed her on the cheek.

“Good night.” He said and turned to walk away.

Candice grabbed his tie as he turned and pulled him into her room.

As Felix stepped out of Candice’s room the next morning buttoning his tux back up someone’s arm slung itself around his shoulders.

“Eeeeeeewwwwww. Walk of shame. Does this mean I get a promotion?” John said

Felix took his arm off his shoulders before replying, “Yes John, now you’re my left hand man.”

“Oh sweet!. . . wait a second. . . I didn’t know you were left handed.” John said in surprise

Felix laughed, opened the door to his room and said, “I’m not.” Before walking into his room

John turned to Lucario and tapped into his aura powers to control Felix’s emotions. After he finished his work he smiled and walked away.

“Loves a B***h, especially when you don’t mean to fall in love. Prick” John said to noone in particular.

Candice woke up and immediately wanted to tell Macy about her amazing night last night. Macy beat her to it by rushing into the room and jumping on top of Candice’s bed.

“Hair disheveled, clothes strewn about, Sock hanging from the ceiling fan. And it was only your first date! Shame, shame, shame!” Macy said while swiping her fingers across each other.

“Oh shut up. Have you seen his Biceps! And he has such a huge. . .”

“Candice! That’s disgusting!” Macy revoltingly said

“A huge bank account, Macy. Bank account. Not everything has sexual innuendo.” Candice said almost irritated. “He paid for this whole amazing place in full and he has one in every Region. He said he would take me to Phenac one day! How cool would that be!”

“Yea but he. . . what did he do to us again? I totally forgot. *sigh* it feels like I forgot how to be mad recently.” Macy said distraughtly

“I’m not sure but I guarantee it wasn’t anything too bad.” Candice said

“You’re probably right. See you later.” Macy said and walked out.

Justin was tired. Ever since the first day when he had the weird dream of him saving Oshawatt he had been seeing trees all the time that were very fake.

He was currently following his Oshawatt to. . . well somewhere. He was currently trying to slice through so many bushes that he was surprised he could walk at all.

He noticed the bushes were making quite a racket though and he was worried what was on the other side wouldn’t appreciate an intruder. What was on the other side would soon be revealed, as Oshawatt was busy cutting the last few buches. . .

Blake looked around at the black nothingness around him.

“Is this heaven?” He asked the nothingness.

After several moments without an answer he tried to kick at the Blackness and said with a sigh, “Heaven sucks.” He laid down on the ground waiting for. . . something.

Suddenly he blinked a few times and saw sunlight streaming through the canopy of trees. After seeing black for so long the sunlight hurt his eyes.

When his eyes adjusted he noticed his Elekid staring at him worriedly.

Blake instantly wrapped him in a huge hug.

“Get off of me you weirdo! I’m fine, you’re the comatose one who’s been shouting ‘No! Sarah No!’ for the last week!”//// or in English “Kid, Elekididele. Bee-be kid.”

“I missed you too buddy” Blake said.

“You make me feel like I’m talking to a wall!” //// “Kid kid!”

“You’re right let’s go find the cabin.” Blake said.

Blake looked at his symbol. In the nightmare thing he had shot lightning, but could he do it in the real world? He shone his symbol and lifted his palm to the air, imagining lightning coming out and out of nowhere, a flurry of electrical sparks jumped out.

“Awesome!!! I CAN do it!” Blake shouted

“Uhhhmmm not really.” /// “Elek bebeeb.” Elekid replied and then sent a thunderbolt into the air.

“That was pretty cool too. Let’s go find the cabin. . . and maybe Sarah.” Blake said with a worried expression

With that Blake and Elekid began walking toward what he thought was the middle of the island.

Sarah had fallen asleep crying into her dead Pokemon’s fur. She rubbed her eyes and looked about the clearing. It seemed like she was in a different clearing. And how did she get on her back? As she looked around she noticed their wasn’t any rope on any of the trees and there wasn’t dead bodies at her feet.

“Did I seriously just dream all of that? I need help.” Sarah said

Suddenly an Emolga fell out of the sky with a frozen body.

“That’s right! Your not the only Electric Pokemon in the sky now!”/// or in English “Shiiiii!iiiniiiiinxxxx” said a Shinx running through the air.

When she saw her master Shinx instantly turned off Magnet Rise and dove towards Sarah.

Sarah caught her in mid-air and hugged her to her chest, tears coming to her eyes.

“You’re okay. Does that mean. . . No I’m content with Plusle in Verdanturf still.” Sarah said.

“Oh no! we need to get to the cabin! It’ll be dark soon. Ya ya sleeping beauty I missed you too but we need to go!” //// “shinx, sh-inx-inx-shi.” Shinx said

“Oh your hungry. Me too. We can eat when we get to the Cabin though. Come on!”

Sarah picked up a cranky and misunderstood Shinx and started running to where she hoped the Cabin was.

Ryan’s Zorua could see through all the Hallucinations of the island and just guided him through.

At a certain point Zorua went up to a statue shrouded in mist that had his hands cupped at his chest and was cross-legged.

“What is this?” Ryan asked

Rather than answer, Zorua jumped up into the hands of the statue. Ryan walked up and touched the statue and suddenly a vision came over him. It was a perfect fighting style for a Zoroark or a Zorua Trog and he learned how to utilize it perfectly. It felt like days had passed when Ryan went back in to his body with this new knowledge but in reality it had only been seconds. When Ryan reappeared he still had the effects of the training.

Ryan felt queasy and suddenly doubled over, too much knowledge too fast can make you pretty dizzy.

“Why did you bring me here?” Ryan asked his Zorua who was sitting

Ryan looked up and saw the statue was a giant half human and half Zoroark like creature.

“What the?” Ryan said, staring at the statue.

Out of nowhere Ryan’s glasses fell off and went away, yet he could still see perfectly.

An idea suddenly came over him of how to see through the visions and get back. He smiled, turned on his Trog vision and started walking to the Cabin. Zorua followed loyally, now glad that he had chosen Ryan.

After chopping my hand off the horrible things continued. I saw Tepig being killed, and many other horrid things but then, the visions changed. They were more clear and I could see them from third person, rather than first.

I saw myself chained to a wall or a pole or something as my friends were being tortured, I saw myself dragging an injured and bloody Magnus out of a lake or river, and I saw two large armies at opposite sides of me, preparing to run at each other and fight to the death.

I had the sensation that I was about to wake up but it just stayed for a long time as I wondered what was going on.

Justin had been in these woods for almost a week so he knew that the electrical object quickly flying at him was most likely not playful. He jumped out of the way and the thing sailed right through where he had been standing a moment ago.

The Tepig turned off his Wild charge and turned around to face the assailant.

“I will protect this person at all costs! Leave now Oshawatt!”//// “Tep, Tepigig”

Justin, thinking it was a challenge shouted, “Go Oshawatt! Razor Shell!”

Oshawatt threw his scalchop into the air, flipped backwards so his feet hit the tree behind him then pushed off. He launched himself towards the Tepig and caught his scalchop in mid-air which suddenly glowed and elongated into an almost three foot blade of water.

That’s longer than the one from yesterday! He must be getting stronger! Justin thought excitedly.

As Oshawatt neared impact Tepig turned on Wild charge while gritting his teeth, obviously he had used it too often in the last few hours, and jumped at Oshawatt.

They collided and Tepig took a lot more damage then Oshawatt who dropped his scalchop before most of the Electricity could go into him.

Tepig was barely standing but he used Flame charge and ran towards the bushes.

“He’ll set the forest on fire! Oshawatt use Water Gun to stop him!” Justin shouted in panic. He had seen the amount of forest and jungle on the island and knew most of it would be in flames within a few hours.

Oshawatt aimed and started with a strong blast of water from his mouth that’s endpoint was right behind the target.

As Oshawatt stopped and gasped for air Justin thought We need to work on that. . .

Oshawatt ran forward to the gap in the bushes and started firing multiple Water guns. Justin ran forward to see what was in the clearing and if any fires had started.

What he saw was the Tepig using Magnitude to create ripples in the earth that collided with all of Oshawatt’s blasts that would have otherwise collided. Justin noticed Alex lying on his back with his arms at his sides as if sleeping.

Justin smacked his forehead at the realization that this Tepig was Alex’s and was defending him from intruders. Justin was about to tell his Oshawatt to stop when a Water gun ricocheted off of the earth at just the right angle to hit Alex right in the Face.

Alex sat bolt upright and coughed a few times then rubbed his eyes.

“Justin?” He asked confused.

Oshawatt was preparing for the Cu-di-gra with a deep intake of breath when Tepig used Magnitude to throw him off balance causing him to miss severely.

“Are we. . . Battling?” Alex said confused.

“Our Pokemon are!” Justin replied.

“Oh. . . k then.”

Tepig, now that his Master was conscious obediently awaited orders, Oshawatt rubbed himself off and did the same.

I brushed my uniform off and looked over at my bruised and battered partner that had undoubtedly fell all the Pokemon that lay fainted or in various forms of damage around the clearing.

“First things first.” I said and glowed my symbol with a grin.

Tepig’s bruises went away and his coat got an almost polished sheen. Justin laughed back and did the same with his Oshawatt.

This will be my first real battle! [I/] I thought, but then wondered if his battle with Rick counted from the nightmare.

“Oshawatt! Night Slash!” Justin shouted.

Oshawatt’s scalchop got a dark gleam s he ran towards Tepig with a blade of shadows forming around the scalchop.

“Tepig, hit him with a Superpower!” I yelled

Tepig instantly complied. His body glowed with a reddish aura as he ran towards Oshawatt. When the Pokemon collided, Tepig’s head to Oshawatt’s blade, Both were only slightly injured and ready to continue.

“Keep using water gun tell he’s down!”

“Going elemental I see! Well two can play that game! Tepig turn on wild charge and stand still!” I said

Tepig looked at me like I was crazy before turning on his electricity and wincing. Oshawatt just barely hit Tepig but the electricity arced back just like I had hoped and dealt a lot more damage to Oshawatt then what happened to Tepig.

Oshawatt fell down to one knee and I was sure he would faint, but he managed to get back up.

“Tepig Flame Charge!” Once again I got that look from Tepig but once again he obeyed.

It hit Oshawatt and knocked him offside but added little damage.

I watched as Tepig ran back to my side of the clearing and instantly noticed the increase in speed.

Pefect! [I/] I thought

“Oshawatt, get to the pond over there, we can beat him with the home field advantage!” Justin shouted pointing to the one of the ends of the clearing.

Oshawatt ran at the pond and dove in.

Tepig couldn’t get to him with any of the moves we tried, including Magnitude which I hoped would cause a mini-Tsunami but of course it didn’t.

Every once in a while Justin would shout Water Gun and Oshawatt would jump out long enough to shoot an angry Tepig.

I thought about what I had done so far and suddenly remembered how well using water as a conducter had worked and the idea clicked into place.

“Tepig, jump off that rock on the far side and hit the pond with Wild Charge!” for the first time Tepig didn’t question my decisions and jumped on the rock.

Tepig sprinted up the rocks and dove into the air while turning on his electricity. He hit the Pond surface and continued running as fast as he could, each step sending a powerful shock into the water until he was back on land.

The water bubbled with the amount of electricity in it and several fainted Water types floated to the surface, while Oshawatt leapt out and landed with an angry face in front of Justin.

“Razor Shell!” Justin shouted.

As Oshawatt ran the scalchop’s blade of water got longer and longer and appeared more intimidating with each step.

“Tepig! Thrash! Give it all you have!” I shouted

The Two Pokemon ran at each-other and as they neared Oshawatt slashed with an almost four foot long blade that exploded water all over Tepig who was kicking and hitting quicker than anything I had ever seen.

What was left was a Oshawatt gasping for air, almost knocked out and a confused Tepig who was wobbling around in circles.

“Guess this ends in a tie!” Justin shouted across the field

I felt a smirk creep up from the right side of my face as I recalled the reason for having Magnitude with Thrash. Magnitude hit everything within an area, even when confused.

“Tepig. Magnitude.” I said, my voice just a quiet almost whisper.

Tepig stopped wobbling long enough to sink his feet into the now muddy foil and use Magnitude. A ring of raised earth came out from him on all sides to send Oshawatt flying against a tree.

After healing our Pokemon we ate a lunch of some berries, and together we set off for th Cabin.

As we walked I told Justin about the nightmares.

“. . . So I took the butcher’s knife and tried to chop my symbol off. It was a moment of weakness and I didn’t know what to do.” I finished. I had decided not to mention the things that seemed like visions.

“Wooow” Justin breathed, “I cannot believe that happened to you.”

“Yea it’s kind of scary. I guess we know what they meant by trials now. Good thing it was all fake.” I said.

A cold breeze buffeted my body so I pushed my hands into my pockets. As my hands relaxed I felt something. It was soft and felt almost crispy around the edges, as if it had burnt.
I pulled it out and almost fainted. There, sitting in my hand was the remaining square of cloth from the Butterfree’s scarf.

“Ahhhhhhh!” I yelled and threw the square down.

“What!???!!!!” Justin asked

“That’s the same square that didn’t burn from the nightmare! From the Butterfree I murdered!”

Justin bent down to look at it and I hoped, that nothing else carried over as my eyes drew near to my wrist.

Just above my hand there was a faint, red line that went all the way around my wrist.

At the sight of this I screamed again and put my hands against my head. I went fetal and rocked myself back and forth as Justin ran up and asked, “Are you okay!!??”

“Oh, he looks fine.”//// “Tepep” Tepig said

With my friends surrounding me I cried for a few minutes wishing it would go away.

After several minutes I pushed myself up, wiped my face and said, “Let’s go. It’s getting dark and we do not want to fall asleep again.”

“You sure?” I nodded and Justin continued, “Okay, let’s go.”

We walked and talked some, mostly about the battle we had which was both of our first Battles against people and my first battle overall. Though my Tepig was already becoming a veteran battler from protecting me so often.

I noticed around nine at night that there were bright floodlights pouring light into the night sky from the next clearing.

Justin and I’s eyes met and we both sprinted into the clearing with our Pokemon right behind us.

As we burst into the clearing we saw all of the faculty and their Pokemon were shining spotlights into the air and the others were talking to and helping the other students who made it back.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I heard as someone caught me in a tackle that I assumed was meant to be a hug.

When I looked up at the person sitting on my chest I saw a dirty but still beautiful Lacy who was alternating between hugging me and punching me in the arm. After a few seconds she got a pained expression and leaned in close.

“Don’t leave me, ever again.” She said and started sobbing into my shoulder

I wrapped my arm around her for comfort, knowing that’s what a friend would do. And let her cry for a few minutes as all the other members of group-A appeared in a horseshoe shape around us.

Lacy got up with me and sobbed one final time and was instantly replaced by Sarah.

“I’m so glad you’re okay.” She said close to tears

As I looked around at all these faces; Jeremy, Magnus, Blake, Justin, Lukas, Jessica, Lacy, and Sarah it was my turn to cry at the realization that these people all were worried sick about me while I was gone.

“Where were you two? You are almost the last two back!” Lukas said, “I thought you would be one of the first out of your hallucinations and back here, what happened?”

“I got out on the first or second day, easily and woke up on the beach and have been walking ever since.” Justin said in reply before downing a water that was handed to him.

“I woke up this morning when Oshawatt sprayed me with a water gun. My . . . hallucinations? They made me play out four days of my life if I got to be with my parents and I killed my brother. They ended with me chopping my symbol off.” I said. then added with a sorrowful look at Justin, “Then I had weird visions that seemed like they came from the future of us fighting someone.”

The gathered people around me got a grim expression with this news. As I waited for this to sink in and someone to break the uncomfortable silence I noticed I was in fact one of the last few people to get back.

I sighed and explained my entire hallucination in excruciating detail. Then I explained what I remembered of the visions that came after. After I was done and Magnus went off to say hello to the last people, Loraine and Derek.

After catching up and learning Ryan, followed by the James kid were the first ones back. Both walked in the clearing with Trog vision on. Yesterday, all the other members of Group- A had walked in just as the sky was almost dark.

After some food and drinks and a medical check-up from Mary the adults started summoning Braviarys to ride and Aerodactyls to carry the supplies they started to fly away from the island.

Us kids looked at each other before Kasey jumped up and summoned a Braviary. And flew after them. I shone my symbol towards the sky and my Braviary landed right in front of me. He gave me his version of a hug and I introduced him to Tepig who jumped on his back right after.

I climbed on Braviary and he took off. Tepig was so exited he was running up and down Braviary’s back the entire way to the school looking at each of the Islands. When we landed we dismissed our flock. We then started walking towards the Auditorium.

Magnus was already in there and was standing on the stage in a fresh uniform as if he had been in the school the whole time, of course with Gallade’s teleport he probably was most of the time after the newbies arrived.

We walked onto the stage in a line, as if guided by instinct, and Magnus said the words I remembered from last year.

“I present to you. The new Second Year Trogs.”

There was immediately an uproar of applause and a few curious looks from the new first years. I saw multiple people that had attended on ceremony doing a quick head count, clearly they knew how dangerous the island could be. I looked at a kid with an odd crystal around his neck who I later found out was the mentor for a group of first years with an odd ice-crystal around his neck and a Weavile.

He had grayish hair and there was two boys next to him that looked very similar to him and each other but were a couple years younger. One had white hair and around his neck was half of the white half of the yin/yang symbol on a necklace, his partner was Infernape. The other had black and the other half, his partner was Manectric.

After Magnus made a few announcements the First years left and once all that was left were Trogs with partners we started a mini-party that ended way too soon.

We started to walk towards our dorms but Lukas yelled, “Uh-uh. You go to the second year Dormitories, everything will be there.” And he pointed to a building right next to the first year one.

I went in and almost didn’t notice Jeremy not following us. I realized we didn’t need a mentor anymore. I walked to where my room would be if this was the same dormitories and walked in. The only change was a picture of me hatching Tepig at the graduation ceremony and a large Pokemon bed in the once empty corner of the bedroom.

Everything else was exactly the same, even the papers and where my backpack had ended up. I showered, gave Tepig a sort-of bath with a wet towel and collapsed on my bed.

I noticed Tepig snuggle onto my chest, so I hugged him and said, “Good night”

He replied but I could barely make it out as I succumbed to my fatigue and slept.

Last edited: