• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Complete Importing Thread

Will you be importing D/P from Japan?

• Yes, I will be importing both games.

Votes: 28 6.7%
  • I will be importing Diamond.

Votes: 59 14.0%
  • I will be importing Pearl

Votes: 58 13.8%
  • No, I won't be importing.

Votes: 275 65.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pikamiki

PokeTrainer Miki
hehe she'll go deaf when the your game arrives and you scream YAAAAY!!!!!

yeah probably! :) there won't be a single house left unscathed! i'll scream so loud i'll bring the whole village down lol. I probably won't even want to go to uni lectures lol.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
your'll bring the whole village down? wow.

Pikamiki

PokeTrainer Miki
your'll bring the whole village down? wow.
it's not such a big deal, my village is pretty small. anywhere in malta is small so...

Owle Isohos

Aww...good luck, Pikamiki!

If it's any consolation, even though I got mine I'm not going to be able to play it for another week and a half. Why did I leave my DS at home? *dies*

I'm just struggling through reading the instruction manual, looking up every other word online. The Japanese word for instruction manual has a ridiculous number of kanji in it (5), and the whole thing is slow going, but with the dictionary's help I'm understanding most of it.

Pikamiki

PokeTrainer Miki
Aww...good luck, Pikamiki!

10x, i just hope it doesn't take the "once in a while" 3-4 weeks, that'd kill me

Pikamiki

PokeTrainer Miki
you taht would kill me 2. u shoulda gotten express shipping, or could u not afford it.

couldn't afford to pay that much, anyway, i'll have to find some method of consoling myself until it comes. if it weren't for these forums i'd already be dead.

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
10x, i just hope it doesn't take the "once in a while" 3-4 weeks, that'd kill me

Does that mean that could happen to mine, because I ordered mine off of play-asia.com too and I did the air mail bubble thing that takes 5-10 days. Yesterday they emailed me at 8:45 AM my time saying they shipped it.

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
Sorry about the double post, but since I ordered Pokemon Diamond from Play Asia and it shipped on Nov.8th and I used the Air Economy Bubble thing that cost $2.60 when would you guess my game should arrive. Keep in mind that the game is being shipped from Hong Kong to me. And I live in Maryland.

shinyhunter

I have Diamond Now!!
Whats a good cheap and fast site for importing Diamond?

Owle Isohos

Shipped on November 8th...so, lessee...
9, 10, 11...13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18...

It'll probably arrive on or before the 20th. As long as nothing goes wrong. Mine shipped on Oct 31st and arrived on...was it only yesterday? No, mine arrived Nov 7th, so it went pretty fast for me.

shinyhunter, I used play-asia.com like a lot of people on this site. It's 50-something dollars with the cheapest shipping and usually arrives in 5-10 days. Except in rare cases, like poor Haruka_and_Gonbe, who's been waiting...has it been 40 days now for the game? :(

Speaking of which I hope you get it soon...that's so insane that it's taking so long.

Eclipsed soul

Houndour Trainer
Sorry about the double post, but since I ordered Pokemon Diamond from Play Asia and it shipped on Nov.8th and I used the Air Economy Bubble thing that cost $2.60 when would you guess my game should arrive. Keep in mind that the game is being shipped from Hong Kong to me. And I live in Maryland.

I don't recommend Air bubbles D: BecauseI had to wait 8 weeks from something I got from France before. Next time you order, make sure you get a box, it was only a dollar more.

And, You should probably it around the same time it took mine to come to NJ. It took 8 days *plays with calendar* It'll probably come around Friday next week for you. Might be sooner, might be later.

@????and???? - D: you really should complain to play-asia about it. What week are you on? 4th, 5th, or 6th?

@shinyhunter- I'd say play-asia, because the stuff you see on ebay is really is the same price :/(usually they try tricking you into thinking it's cheaper, but charge $30 for regular shipping). If you want it fast though, you'll need to pay $70 in total, because really D: Tracking is GOOD. That, and you'll get the game in 1 to 4 days.

Ifyou can't afford that, I'd get the BOX shipping, not the air bubble. That would only cost an extra dollar, and I think boxes are less likely to get lost in the mail.

@help- It could happen, but there are PLENTY of people here that got the air bubble, and got in the quota :3 So it's really not something worth worrying about. As I say D: I don't trust air bubbles after my last experience with one, but even Play-asia said it rarely happens. I think ????and???? is the only member here who experienced this.

edit: I can't copy and the name D: Sorry, *copy and paste with a stick*

Taruta the Blue Mage

Newtypes represent!
Here's some advice for people who ordered from play-asia

You see where it says "In stock usually ships between ____?" Wait till it says 24hrs so you won't have to torture yourselves! You tought it said 1-5 days hoping for it to come in that amount of time, but it's not. That's how long they have to wait till they restock and are able to ship out the zazziest game ever! Meaning you have to torture yourself with constant waiting.

I've been typing so many paragraphs lately, what's with that?

@????and???? - D: you really should complain to play-asia about it. What week are you on? 4th, 5th, or 6th?

I lost count..x-x

I think ????and???? is the only member here who experienced this.
Thats just my luck.

It's not your fault, The forum can't read japanese for some reason..It used to..>>

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
I don't recommend Air bubbles D: BecauseI had to wait 8 weeks from something I got from France before. Next time you order, make sure you get a box, it was only a dollar more.

And, You should probably it around the same time it took mine to come to NJ. It took 8 days *plays with calendar* It'll probably come around Friday next week for you. Might be sooner, might be later.

@shinyhunter- I'd say play-asia, because the stuff you see on ebay is really is the same price :/(usually they try tricking you into thinking it's cheaper, but charge $30 for regular shipping). If you want it fast though, you'll need to pay $70 in total, because really D: Tracking is GOOD. That, and you'll get the game in 1 to 4 days.

Ifyou can't afford that, I'd get the BOX shipping, not the air bubble. That would only cost an extra dollar, and I think boxes are less likely to get lost in the mail.

@help- It could happen, but there are PLENTY of people here that got the air bubble, and got in the quota :3 So it's really not something worth worrying about. As I say D: I don't trust air bubbles after my last experience with one, but even Play-asia said it rarely happens. I think ????and???? is the only member here who experienced this.

I really hope my game comes by next saturday because then I can play it all thanksgiving break when I have off school. And thanks for the info on the air bubble. I'll tell my brother about that because he's thinking of getting pearl from play-asia. I'm predicting my game will get here next tuesday because on play asia when I ordered and right now its says "In stock, usually ships within 24hrs".

Pikamiki

PokeTrainer Miki
t'll probably arrive on or before the 20th. As long as nothing goes wrong. Mine shipped on Oct 31st and arrived on...was it only yesterday? No, mine arrived Nov 7th, so it went pretty fast for me.

oh no! mine also shipped on the 31st and it hasn't arrived yet

tehbesto

iPodelicious
OMG, I got an email saying that my game just STARTED shipping on the 7th. I placed an order for the game before NOJ realized the glitch for Sheimi and Darkrai.

I'm not going to get a fixed copy am I? The only reason I imported in the first place was to exploit the glitch!!! :(