• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Comprehensive New Year's Thread: 2011-2012

Lindis

I am stay up on New Years Eve to watch the fireworks then celebrating my birthday which is legit New Years.

I will be eating a nice dinner with my mum, then celebrating New Years with my computer all alone :( New years eve is probably the most deppressing day ever, since you're supposed to party the whole night. This year I'm accurally invited to a party, but its in another town and I only know one person (the person who invited me obviosly) so I don't think I go :/

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I'll be working because I'm the only person who didn't ask off for New Years Eve.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
My family might do a Wii bowling tournament like we've done the past couple of years while eating a bunch of (hopefully marshmallowy) sweets. We don't really watch the ball drop, we just go with what our clock says and go "woo New Year's" and go to bed. Though since this is the supposed Mayan prophesy, we might do something a bit different and count down to the end of the world for the laughs. I dunno. I just know that NEXT year's New Year's Eve will have me and my brothers running around the cul-de-sac or neighborhood shouting "Foooooooools" or something.

I might try and make a list of resolutions for my siblings like I did a couple of years ago and hang it up in my room. But it was mainly for the lulz, and surprisingly, one of my brothers kept the resolution. (He was not to mention the name of a girl he crushed on at all that year, at least around me. I think he's forgotten about her now, since it has been a few years.)

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
There are no good parties planned for New Years where I live so I'm probably going to get drunk at a friends get-together.

abrar14

Statter Master
Go to london eye to see the fireworks, get happy its a new year, then realize the worlds going to end.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
Probably just hang out on the internet, read about the best of 2011, eat ice cream, and make a new list of the New Years.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Parties and drunk. That's about it.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Well I was going to host a New Years Eve event at my church and it was going to be awesome...

But it's most likely going to be canned as alot of people have other plans, I did plan it like two months ago but still so I don't know..

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
I'll most likely watch the ball drop on Tv with my family.

I'll be working because I'm the only person who didn't ask off for New Years Eve.

Double pay surely?

I'm not quite sure yet how I'm gonna spend New Years. If I stay at home like I do most years, I'll just walk to the top of a hill near my house to watch the London fireworks and have an early(ish) night.

Though this year I actually fancy heading down to the river to watch the fireworks. Atmosphere and all. Or ideally, someone throws a house party :)

Will try and avoid heavy drinking though. Starting the year hungover does not bode well I feel.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Double pay surely?

Haha! I wish! We only have three days out of the year that the store is closed: Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas day. I guess because those are the only major holidays here. Every other "minor" holiday, I work. It would be nice if I got double pay considering I'm always the one who works holidays, but I don't get that luxury. It's not a big deal, I guess. My family doesn't normally do anything real special for New Years anyway. I'm just not looking forward to opening on the first of the year when all of the customers come in grouchy from hangovers.

Ah, I know that feel. That was me last year, and I wasn't even allowed to ask for the day off. But that's because the Post Office is open 24/7, 365 days a year.

As for my plans this year... Well, gosh, I haven't really given much thought of it yet.
I'll probably just have a party with some high school friends I haven't seen since summer. Alcohol, silly board games... Like old times, haha.