• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Comprehensive New Year's Thread: 2011-2012

TonksLivesOn

Tonks is da best. <3
My friend and I are planning on singing 4 Minutes in honor of the world "ending."
(if no one has heard the song it goes like, "we only got 4 minutes to save the world!")
we'll be singing that at 11:56....hehehe. I'm pretty excited to see the neighborhood freak, because we're having a block party...yay!

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
New Years Resolution: Keep on working out. I got some weights for Christmas so I'm going to use them.

Also, survive 21/12/12. If it proves to be a lie and the Mayans got it wrong, then I shall be very happy. They predicted it through the stars, which they thought were gods or something.

Jinvaani

You would (probably) have to eat canned food because most other food will get bad, or you would have to eat plants or hunt. Plants is not as good as meat and hunting is bothersome.

Yeah, the first sensible thing to do would be to raid KFC before the secret recipe dies out =D

New Years Resolution: Keep on working out. I got some weights for Christmas so I'm going to use them.

Also, survive 21/12/12. If it proves to be a lie and the Mayans got it wrong, then I shall be very happy. They predicted it through the stars, which they thought were gods or something.

Yeah, crazy people were crazy

Spiky

Prediction succesful
The "HAPPY NEWYEAR 2012" Thread :D

Wut? ... I got nothing to say except:
HAPPY NEWYEAR YOU FREAKING PEEPS!!! :pPPPP
So that was it ._. Just wanted to say "HAPPY NEWYEAR" 2 u all :/
Seeeeee yaa!!! ._.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Onwards to 2012+!!

Darkfire98989

Am I even still here
Happy New Year Everyone!
Let's hope the Mayans are just a bunch of crazy old voodoo freaks and we live to say these words at the end of next year :D

Ludwig

I think (not completely sure) that the Mayans didn't predict that the world will end 12/21/12, I don't remember there being any confirmed information stating such, just that their calendar ends that date. That could mean that they did predict it, but it could also mean that they didn't want to create calendars during the whole lifetime of the civilization just to postpone the last date on them a few thousand more years.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I haven't got resolutions, instead I have New Year's goals instead. They're similar, but I always have five New Year's goals and they can be to do with whatever I want rather than just a vague plan. In 2012, I plan to:

- Meet my friends out of school more, because I feel like I don't do that enough. At least 3 times, since that's manageable.

- Learn a new skill, this might be the keyboard, but anything will do really.

- Cook a meal consisting of a main course and dessert single handedly for my family at least once.

- Pokemon wise, I plan to be involved with at least four shiny hunts in the whole year. This includes finishing the Solosis hunt I have going now, and finishing at least two more hunts (Zorua and Deino) with the fourth at least started by the end of the year.

- Finally, I intend to get a fanfic type idea I have right now up and running as a comic. It might not be posted here though. Even so, I plan to get at least the prologue and five chapters done by the end of the year.

Basically, I plan to improve my friendships, skills and to stop my chronic procrastinating in 2012. So I guess my goals are kind of like resolutions. =D

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
Official plan: Go to friend's house. Watch ball drop (hopefully). End of story.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Not making any resolutions, I never do. Going to a New Year's party and that's pretty much it.

Firebrand

Indomitable
A city near me has an arts festival, so I'll probably go to the poetry slam, check out some art, do some dancing, and of course, hang out with a lady friend or two.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
I'm getting it on with depressed women who got dumped the day before. Like a boss.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I'm resolving to turn my sad life around... :(

you do that. Umm I have no idea for a new years resolution.So I don't have one.

The Arceus Delusion

In Arceus We Trust
- Lose weight. I'm currently 139.. I want to get down to 130. I'm about 5'7, so I think that's a decent weight.
- Start eating meat again. I've been a vegetarian for a little over a year now, and I'm starting to think that it's about time to reform my diet for the better. Truth is, I think I approached vegetarianism wrong. Although I'm not a huge fan of meat, it was never really an ethical issue for me when it came to being a vegetarian. It was just a poorly planned attempt at trying to lose weight quickly.

Umm, I suppose that's it.