• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Conduit Discusion

Viva la Vida

Shibuya player
I really like the game. It's a real fun game, even if it's not a great shooter.

Any way, Discuss the game here. Even exchange friend codes.

Viva la Vida

Shibuya player
If you only have a Wii, then yes, and if you want a good online game for your Wii, then yes Heres my review from the review team:

So here's my first review. If I get yelled at for lenght, I'm gonna scream. Now the Review:

The Conduit
Wii

The Conduit, the first of many hardcore Wii games from developer High Voltage Software, has been proclaimed by many to be the saving grace of the First Person Shooter genre on the Wii. High Voltage put a lot of hard thought and work into this game. This, I believe (correct me if I’m wrong), was High Voltage’s first original IP. It seems this truly was a labor of love from the team. However, labors of love mean crap to the average gamer, so let’s jump in.

“Throw Away Your (HD) Television”
(In case you didn’t get the opener, its from a Red Hot Chili Peppers song of the same name)

First off, don’t even call The Conduit out on not being as impressive as your typical HD shooters, because it’s definitely not on the same level as Halo or the HD versions of Call of Duty. Don’t buy this thinking you’re getting a non-HD version of Halo 3. If you want Halo 3, buy it and a cheap 360 arcade unit. This game if built ground up for Wii. If you are thinking to purchasing The Conduit, ask your self three questions: 1. Do I own any systems I can play HD shooters on,2. Do I prefer Dual Stick shooters, and 3. Do I hate the Wii motion controls?
If all three are yes, than the game isn’t for you. But if you answered no, The Conduit may be just your thing

Control Freak

The Conduit has, for the most part, solved the control problems for FPSes on the Wii. The default controls are pretty good for the most part, but it doesn’t stop there. The Conduit takes the idea of custom controls and goes Bat-Out-Of-Hell Crazy with it. Not only can your re-map the functions of each button, you can also adjust almost everything from the camera angle to your running speed and everything in between. The game solves many of the flaws I run into when playing Wii FPSes.

Seeing is Believing

Not only does the game have great control options, the graphics are very pleasing to the eyes and look better than many Wii games do. Textures look muddled however. The Quantum 3 engine really does the game justice. The sound in the game is also very good. The music consists of National Treasure-esque tracks that can get old but don’t for the game changes them frequently (After completing almost every objective) and honestly, it’s hard to hear over all those guns and drudge. Most of the Human voice acting is done pretty well, but the Drudge voice actors are so bad they sound like the understudies of the understudies for the Flood in Halo.

One Step Further From Stephen King

As far as the story goes, it’s not that bad. An organization called the Trust has given Mr. Michael Ford a very special assignment and now you, as Ford, must carry out the assignment. The plot takes many turns the eventual point when there are so many plot holes, millions of Drudge could pour through each one. While the premise seems cool, an alien invasion of our Nation’s capital, it’s not executed well. None of the locations are recreated well and are lacking authenticity.

One Truly Is The Loneliest Number

And now, the best for last, actual game play. There are Two modes, Single player and Multi player. Single player is where the games story mode can be found. The story mode is a bunch of linear missions. While the game does have it’s moments in the middle of the story, the beginning lacks regenerating health and is frustrating until you gain the Trust Armor on the Third mission. When you get toward the last few missions, the difficulty is grueling and is no longer fun. Even when I cranked the difficulty down all the way, it still destroyed me. At best, the single player serves as a glorified trainer for multi player. The good stuff is in the multi player.

As far as Wii online goes, this is as good as it gets. They three main modes: Free for All, Team Slayer, and Team Objective. Each one is pretty self explanatory. Free for All is, well, free for all death match, Team Slayer is team deathmatch, and Team Objective is for modes along the lines of Capture the flag and other team based events. While I mainly tried Team Deathmatch, there is no lag and kills are displayed Halo style on the scoreboard which is easy to pull up at any time. There are several different maps to play on. Under each match type, there are multiple rule sets as well as multiple weapon types. This helps make the games feel unique and extends the replay value of the online.

Hype Train at the End of the Line

In the end, the Conduit has lived somewhat up to the hype. I was hyped for the multi player, and I got what I wanted. But for many, the Conduit didn’t live up to the hype. Still, it’s a good addition to the library and a fun FPS. So let’s see the breakdown:

Controls: Completely custom, and the default is pretty good as well. 10/10
Graphics: Almost comparable to the lower tier HD games 9/10
Sound: The music sounds like it came from the National Treasure movies, some good voice acting. 7.8/10
Story: Very forgettable and has tons of Plot holes 6/10
Gameplay: Great Multi player, not so great single player 8.7/10
Lasting Appeal: Single player will take about 6 hours, multi player can last for a while 9/10

Final Verdict:
9/10

I had a blast playing it, even the single player could be fun at parts. The Multi player is the real deal though. It’s really fun and engaging and will keep me playing for hours. It’s not perfect, but it does the important stuff right.

-<End Review>-

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9950312&postcount=63

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I got my copy today... so far it's cool, but I might have to check and see if there's a way I can turn off "motion grenade throwing." Sometimes I got to stretch my arm or adjust my hand, and a grenade goes flying.

Any way, Discuss the game here. Even exchange friend codes.

I fear for the future of this thread by you saying that. If this turns anything like the Animal Crossing thread...

The game's good, there were a few tougher parts, but only really because I didn't like how cover worked in those cases (The scene where Prometheus takes command over you at the Jefferson Memorial, however, was a bit unfair in this respect). The story, despite what reviewers said, was predictable only to an extent, and not entirely straightforward, though the ending was incredibly lackluster. I was incredibly dissatisfied, however, with the fact that people who don't have the Special Edition of the game can still enter in the codes for the Special Edition of the game to get the exclusive costumes and such. What was even the point of a Special Edition in that case, other than for that small art book with the game?

And then when I tried online multiplayer for the first time, I glitched incredibly badly, to the point where all I could to was swivel my body from side to side, and couldn't be seen by enemies. Oh, that was enjoyable.

fhqwhgads

No, but really, I want this game badly, but judging from what people say, I'll be waiting for the online to be fixed.

Yeah, there are a few bugs here and there but the online is really good. Wait, what are people saying about the online?

Well for one (And I know this isn't the general consensus, but it is noteworthy as a factor in The Conduit's online) there's an apparent glitch of some sort which gives the user infinite ammo/no reloads/infinite health, which is not currently disclosed to the public, but if it was (And if it is really true) that would certainly ruin my personal online experience with the game.

Cobalt_Latios

I do want this game, but first I want to get Ghostbusters for 360. Then I'll consider getting it if I can save enough money.

I've heard great things about it, and for the most part, a great FPS experience is all I really did want. Considering the controls and all, that's all that really mattered in the first place. It may not have the same graphics as the "other" FPSs, but the controls are far superior.

I'd say, I'll get it in August... by then I should have enough.

*C_L*

woot21

super noob
I got the game the other day, didn't breeze, per say, through the single player just due to some really unfair situations the game puts you in, such as the opening to the final level, and other areas right after checkpoints were cover is completely lacking. Also, am I the only one who was disappointed by how relatively easy the Invaders were? I mean you this giant tank like thing, and all it does is send out the flying Mites at you. The enemies with the Hive cannons were a lot tougher IMO. I would have enjoyed a section with a fight against a couple of those and an Invader or two, such as to end the game.

@Viva la Vida: I think the ending was lackluster because it was suppose to be. Did you watch the credits with the sound on after beating the game? I mean the credits that play after the final level, since it kind of makes it obvious why the ending was lackluster.
To set up the set obvious sequel.

As for the online, I've had one glitch occur for me. I once joined a game, and ended up joining in and not being able to move, and nowhere on the map. I could see grenade explosions, but that was it.

Two final things in closing. One, I really liked some of the weapons in the game. Two, I got a chuckle out of the dig at Halo before the 4th or 5th mission, the one where you need to find the Drudge hive.

woot21 out dawgs

Cornelius

Continent
Yeah, there are a few bugs here and there but the online is really good. Wait, what are people saying about the online?

There are actually several glitches and bugs I've encountered in the multiplayer. A lot of them come from the game lobby (in between matches) and others come from the actually match. There are quite a few problems in both areas.

To start with the main lobby, it can stop completely. By this, I mean that it will say that it's waiting for players or ending voting, but the activity from players entering and exiting will actually slow it down or stop it completely. At which point, I just reset my Wii. It happens maybe about 15-20% of the time, but it's a pain when it happens.

As for the matches, one of the glitches slows the game down, one makes it rather unplayable, one prevents you from playing a new match, and one just freezes the entire game.

To start, when you die, there's a respawn time limit, the most being ten seconds and the lest is two. But sometimes the game doesn't respawn you and insteads goes through a few countdowns until you finally respawn. It doesn't happen a lot, but it can slow down a match greatly. One time, it never respawned me or the other players, so everybody just left.

The second glitch happens during combat. You may have your eye on a player and watch as they fall to the ground only to reappear on the roof again. This makes shooting them difficult sometimes, and they may even jump from one end of the map to another, making combat impossible, as their character model jumps across the screen.

I only ever experienced this one while entering a match for Team Reaper and Team Objective. What happens is that you get entered into the room and all you see is a black screen or the sky and you die almost instantly, though the game doesn't register it. You have to reset the Wii, and if you end up in the same lobby, the glitch repeats. I usually just switch to another match or go World Wide, since I always start regionally.

While I never experienced this one personally, a friend said that he was playing the game and entered into a lobby. When he did, the entire game froze, and he had to unplug the Wii's power cord. I can't give full details since I only heard about it.

However, most of the time while playing, the game ran beautifully (never perfect, though) and gave me a great online experience.
The question is whether or not a person interested in the multiplayer

I got the game the other day, didn't breeze, per say, through the single player just due to some really unfair situations the game puts you in, such as the opening to the final level, and other areas right after checkpoints were cover is completely lacking. Also, am I the only one who was disappointed by how relatively easy the Invaders were? I mean you this giant tank like thing, and all it does is send out the flying Mites at you. The enemies with the Hive cannons were a lot tougher IMO. I would have enjoyed a section with a fight against a couple of those and an Invader or two, such as to end the game.

I agree. The Invaders were nothing of a challenge, since they rarely attacked. Their AI isn't very good, seeing how they won't charge if you're completely out of sight and their only attacks are tackles (if you're close enough) and the Flying Mites. I thought more could have been put into them.
The Scarabs were definitively the toughest enemies in the game (in my opinion). I died quite a few times battling them and even died the first time I faced one, if I do remember correctly.
But other than that, the enemies proved tough (in certain parts, but mostly due to great numbers) and the game, I thought, was pretty fun, even though it was criticized for being just another FPS. Even if this was true, it was still a damned good one, just as IGN said.
I just hope it sells very well.

woot21

super noob
I agree. The Invaders were nothing of a challenge, since they rarely attacked. Their AI isn't very good, seeing how they won't charge if you're completely out of sight and their only attacks are tackles (if you're close enough) and the Flying Mites. I thought more could have been put into them.
The Scarabs were definitively the toughest enemies in the game (in my opinion). I died quite a few times battling them and even died the first time I faced one, if I do remember correctly.
But other than that, the enemies proved tough (in certain parts, but mostly due to great numbers) and the game, I thought, was pretty fun, even though it was criticized for being just another FPS. Even if this was true, it was still a damned good one, just as IGN said.
I just hope it sells very well.
Actually the invaders do have one other attack. They can launch the projectiles from the Shrieker. I know this because the thing killed me that way first time I faced one. I didn't realize what bad AI they had at the time, so I decided I'll stand and one spot and launch **** at it. Apparently it saw me and realized it could launch **** at me too. Otherwise you can just stay long range against them and randomly fire at them until they die. Seriously how exactly do you kill them? They would just randomly take large chunks of damage when I fought them.

woot21 out dawgs

Cornelius

Continent
Actually the invaders do have one other attack. They can launch the projectiles from the Shrieker. I know this because the thing killed me that way first time I faced one. I didn't realize what bad AI they had at the time, so I decided I'll stand and one spot and launch **** at it. Apparently it saw me and realized it could launch **** at me too. Otherwise you can just stay long range against them and randomly fire at them until they die. Seriously how exactly do you kill them? They would just randomly take large chunks of damage when I fought them.

woot21 out dawgs

I never knew that. The one in the Pentagon Courtyard only ever charged me and released Flying Mites at me. It was the smartest Invader out of all of them, but it never did put up much of a fight.
The one on the bridge just spun in circles as I threw grenades at it and shot it, and the final two just walked up and down. They stuck their Flying Mites on me, but even they were far more annoying and even challenging than the actual Invaders themselves.
Invaders just take it. I just hope that if a sequel is made, it will have better boss AI and more bosses, too, because I love boss battles and the First-Person Shooters that I have played really never had any.
The Invaders could have had a lot more potential as bosses, even regular enemies, but High Voltage Software didn't take advantage of those possibilities.

Rootbeer

The invaders have two sort of illuminating blob-like eyes(?). Hitting those is how you do damage to them. Or just unlock one shot kills.

Cornelius

Continent
The invaders have two sort of illuminating blob-like eyes(?). Hitting those is how you do damage to them. Or just unlock one shot kills.

I've never seen anything like that, but if they are there, I never hit them. I just shoot its body and throw grenades at it until it dies. And it just takes it, too, rearing up every time I shoot it.
Such a sad boss.

Cobalt_Latios

After much consideration, I've decided to simply rent this game as opposed to actually buying it. I would actually buy it, if not for the funds I currently have, and with College coming up (I am buying a game in August, but only because I'm a big fan of that series and it's a great deal, and that I'm saving up for it).

Yeah, I probably will buy it once it's cheaper, but for now, I'll probably just rent it.

*C_L*