• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Cooking Thread (Approved by Joshlol)

Korshar

Gotta Catch 'em all!
A lovely omelet:

what do you need: 2 eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, milk, 1 big onion, curry powder and bread.

first beat up the eggs and add salt, pepper, milk and garlic powder. start baking the onions. add curry powder to the onions and when there goldbrown, add the egg-goo. turn the egg once and when it's done, put in on the bread and............. voila! a delicious meal!

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
A lovely omelet:

what do you need: 2 eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, milk, 1 big onion, curry powder and bread.

first beat up the eggs and add salt, pepper, milk and garlic powder. start baking the onions. add curry powder to the onions and when there goldbrown, add the egg-goo. turn the egg once and when it's done, put in on the bread and............. voila! a delicious meal!

I'm sorry, but may I ask how much of all of that you use?

I shall contribute 2 more recipes

1) quick beef stroganoff ingredients:
ingredients:
- 1 pound beef sirloin
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 10 ½-ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 3-ounce can of char-broiled sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 2 tablespoons catsup/ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- poppy seed noodles (can sub other noodles in)

Directions:
- noodles; cook 4 ounces of noodles in salted water until tender, strain, then add 1 tablespoon of butter and toss it together.
- cut meat into ¼ inch strips. Brown in hot shortening. Add onion and garlic, and cook till crisp/tender. Combine remaining ingredients (except noodles), add it to the meat. Heat thoroughly (don’t boil!!!) and serve over the noodles.

Recipe 2: S’mores (lol)
Ingriedents:
- 1 marshmallow (I prefer two)
- 1 chocolate candy bar
- 2 graham crackers
Directions:
1) Place 1 piece of chocolate candy bar on 1 graham cracker.
2) Toast marshmallows.
3) Place marshmallows on top of chocolate square
4) Place 2nd graham cracker on marshmallows
5) Enjoy

also I've heard rumors that you can make a fudge-like object by combining peanut butter, chocolate, and butter. can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Depends on what you're making... if it's suppose to go on top or you're making candy, stick to the recipe.

But absolutely never, and I mean never, put powdered sugar in kool-aid. My friend's mom did that when I was a kid, worse than sugarless kool-aid.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
Hello, I'm happy someone made a cooking thread. I have one recipe that I love to make all the time, maybe somone on here will love it too. Its a spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup, my family loves it. Its their fav of all the meals I make regularly.
Generously servers 5 (or more) people
- 3-4 chicken breast, copped into slightly bigger than bite sized pieces
-one large onion, cup into strips
-3/4 of a jar of roasted peppers (any color you like) drained and cut into strips
-oil (olive oil preferred) to coat pan
-1 1/2 Quarts of chicken broth
-one 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- seasonings- for chicken- chili power,salt, pepper, cumin - for your particular taste- hot sauce, salt, pepper
- serving suggestions- tortilla chips, avacodos, cheese (moneray jack cheese is best) and lime
Cooking- Add oil to coat the bottom of a large soup pot or dutch oven at medium-high heat, add chopped chicken breast seasoned with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder and brown in pot. Add onion and peppers. Cook until onions are just shy of soft. Add the can of crushed tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer for about 5 mins. Add salt, pepper and hot sauce to your taste. To serve add crushed tortilla chips in the bottom of a bowl. Serve soup over the chips and enjoy. This soup also tastes good without the chips, or tastes good with the extra suggested toppings. This soup is excellent during the winter or to serve to guests. (I did and they loved it) Maybe if anyone likes this soup I'll add my other good recipes. Maybe the recipe for the amazing chocolate mousse pie I made. :) Yummy.

from wikipedia: (powdered sugar)

In industrial food production it is used where a quick dissolving sugar is required or as in domestic use principally to make icing or frosting, and other cake decorations. It is often lightly dusted on baked goods to add light sweetness and subtle decoration.

It is generally mixed with cornstarch or wheat flour, or calcium phosphate to improve its flowing ability and is not generally used to sweeten a beverage, but producers do make industrial grades available without additives.

Caster or Castor sugar is a larger particle size approximately half or less in size of granulated

HyenaHaze

Serial Experiment
I could really go for some funnel cakes with powdered sugar....yummm....

Oh yeah, no recipes, but a quick question. I attempted to steam pea pods the other day, but they turned out tasting bad and strangely dry. Is there a technique to steaming that I'm missing?

Also, I'm good at cooking/cleaning wild game, so don't hesitate to ask about that. :3

The Composer

The Composer
Depends on what you're making... if it's suppose to go on top or you're making candy, stick to the recipe.

But absolutely never, and I mean never, put powdered sugar in kool-aid. My friend's mom did that when I was a kid, worse than sugarless kool-aid.

Hey!! I'll have you know that I love sugarless Kool-Aid! Lol. So, I'm looking for a good recipe for a more formal dinner I'm having in a week. I can get just about anything (nothing too pricey please, I have to live). So any suggestions?

HyenaHaze

Serial Experiment
Hey!! I'll have you know that I love sugarless Kool-Aid! Lol. So, I'm looking for a good recipe for a more formal dinner I'm having in a week. I can get just about anything (nothing too pricey please, I have to live). So any suggestions?

Hm. Something cheap yet fancy. Got. it. Chicken, as well as certain soups and stews can be dressed up. Quite the rave at formal parties.
Here's a delicious (and filling) Italian soup:

Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup

1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 cups beef broth
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup red wine
4 large tomatoes - peeled, seeded and chopped
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/2 tablespoon packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
8 ounces fresh tortellini pasta
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

DIRECTIONS
In a 5 quart Dutch oven, brown sausage. Remove sausage and drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
Saute onions and garlic in drippings. Stir in beef broth, water, wine, tomatoes, carrots, basil, oregano, tomato sauce, and sausage. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
Skim fat from the soup. Stir in zucchini and parsley. Simmer covered for 30 minutes.
Add tortellini during the last 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top of each serving.

This stuff is simply awesome.....Perfect to feed big crowds. (And even if you use cheap wine it's still good!)

Ah, I had a question. If a recipe calls for "cocoa powder," do you have to use unsweetened? The recipe already calls for sugar, so...

well I'd recommend you either check the amount of sugar in the sweetened cocoa powder and adjust the amount of sugar the recipe requires, or you add the sugar and make an extra sweeted version.

Also if it doesn't specifically ask for unsweeted cocoa powder your cocoa powder should probably be fine.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I could really go for some funnel cakes with powdered sugar....yummm....

Oh yeah, no recipes, but a quick question. I attempted to steam pea pods the other day, but they turned out tasting bad and strangely dry. Is there a technique to steaming that I'm missing?

Also, I'm good at cooking/cleaning wild game, so don't hesitate to ask about that. :3

Your peas were probably just past their prime, after a certain point peas overripen and can become very dry and bitter. So pick the smallest pea pods for teh sweetest moistest peas.

Oh cool!

I have a recipe for a tuna sandwich.

Ingredients
-Sandwich bread
-Celery (chopped)
-Tuna (drained)
-Miracle Whip (1/4 cup)
-Philidelphia Cream Cheese (1/4 cup)
-Green Onions (Chopped)
-Cheddar Cheese

1. Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees (F)
2. Mix The miracle whip and cream cheese together in a bowl.
3. Add the chopped onions and celery and mix.
4. Spread the mixture on to the bread.
5. Sprinkle the cheese onto the bread.
6. Bake for 5 mins.

Taste good with tomato soup too!
:3

Sunraichu

goldenslaughterer
I have a recipe, I used it at someone's party and it tasted delicious. This recipe makes a lot (About 20 people or so), so you can add a bit less if you prefer.

Chicken Salad with Pineapple

Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons of curry powder
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 cups of mayonaise
- 4 broiler chickens (3 lbs.)
- 1 pound of fresh, seedless grapes (cut in half)
- 2 cans of water chestnuts (drained and sliced)
- 6 ounces of sliced almonds
- 2 cans of pineapple chunks in juice, drained

Prep:
Mix curry, soy sauce, and mayo, toss with other ingredients. Chill before serving.

I cooked with with my mom before, and we did not add the nuts. We played around a bit with the recipe and it turned out great.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Ooh, that chicken salad sounds good... I'd have to leave out the grape, but still.

I made something good tonight.

Chocolate Matcha Cupcakes
1 cup dark chocolate
2/3 stick butter
1 cup confectioner's sugar
3 tbs. flour (you might want to use self-rising)
1 tbs. cocoa powder (I used unsweetened)
1/2 tbs. matcha (this is a powdered green tea from Japan. You can find it in Asian food stores)
4 eggs

Ok. First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cupcake mold with Pam or another non-stick spray, or coat it with butter. Use a double broiler to melt the chocolate (the cup, not the cocoa powder) and the butter together. If you don't have a double broiler, you can use two pots, one slightly smaller than the other. Put water in one and put it on the stove, then put the other inside it. This will melt the chocolate without burning it. While it's melting, comine the powder ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Make sure the butter and chocolate have mixed well and there are no chunks, and add the mixture to the powder. Whisk. Add the eggs one at a time, waiting until one is completely mixed in before adding another. When everything is well mixed, put the batter into the cupcake mold. Cook for 11 minutes, rotating the cupcakes half way through. Sprinkle matcha on top when through.

They turned out well, except they were flat because I didn't use self-rising flour. But no matter, they still tasted good. I did have to cook them a little longer than the directions said, though.

They turned out well, except they were flat because I didn't use self-rising flour. But no matter, they still tasted good. I did have to cook them a little longer than the directions said, though.
The same thing happened to me and my cooking group while we were baking apple muffins. This was in my cooking class in the first semester, and I guess we were talking so much we forgot to add the flour. When we took them out of the oven they were flat lol. I saved the recipe, so I'll just list it.

Apple Muffins

1-1/2 c flour
½ c sugar
2 t baking powder
½ t salt
½ t cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
½ c milk
¼ c vegetable oil
1 c grated apple

Topping ingredients
1/3 c brown sugar
1/3 c chopped nuts
½ t cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease or spray muffin tins.
2. Place all dry ingredients into a strainer and sift in to a large bowl.
Make a well.
3. In a smaller bowl, blend egg, milk and oil.
4. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir to just blend.
5. Add the grated apples and fold in gently.
6. Fill the muffin tins two thirds full.
7. In another small bowl, blend the topping ingredients. Sprinkle on top of unbaked muffins.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Last edited:

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
As much as I'd like to share some recipes, all of mine are adjusted for altitude, so I don't know or really want to find out how well they work at normal elevation, where the vast majority probably live.

I do have a question, though: does anyone know the recipe for, I believe, monster cookies? I tried to Google them, but all of the recipes I found were different from what I recall, as the one I remember called for a ludicrous amount of everything (like a dozen eggs, four cups of butter, but it made A LOT of dough). And I don't remember M&M's, either, which seem to be all over the internet recipes. Maybe my memory's just bad.

Since I noticed someone posted deviled eggs, I thought I'd post my recipe for it.

YOU NEED:
Six eggs
Medium-Large pot
"Heaping" tablespoon of mayo
Tablespoon of relish
Teaspoon of mustard
Paprika

DIRECTIONS:
Fill the pot with cold - lukewarm water (depending on the temperature of the eggs) and put the eggs in. Be sure that the water covers the eggs.

Let it boil to a rolling boil. Then turn the heater off and cover the pot. Keep it covered for 15 minutes.

After that, drain the pot and add cold water. This will get the eggs cool enough to handle.

When cooled, peel the shells off the eggs. Then, cut them in half.

Scoop out the yolks and put them into a bowl. Mash them as well as you can, then add mayo (different amounts of mayo, depending on how many eggs you have and taste), relish and mustard. Mix.

Now take the mix and put in the cavities the egg yolks were in. Sprinkle with paprika, and enjoy.

===

That was my first time writing out a recipe. This is also the only thing I can make that isn't a dessert.