• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Coolest/Strangest Sprites Of R/S/E

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
In your opinion, what was the coolest/ or strangest sprite you have ever seen in these 3rd Generation games? They do not have to be primarily "Cool" or Strange", just a sprite of the series you'd like to mention and share your thoughts about.

I don't own any of the 3rd Generation video games, but I have been watching gameplays on Youtube and viewing sprites through Serebii/Bulbapedia. As for my "strangest" sprite pick, it would have to be Gengar in Emerald. The way it expands on the screen in unique in a way, or strange.

Any others?

Sceptile40

The One...
Ugh... Tyranitar has like scoliosis or something in Emerald

Aquarelle

Staff member
The coolest sprite IMO was Pidgeot in Emerald. I've always thought its animation was awesome.

I also really like Haunter's sprite a lot.

Kalosian

So long
I think Pokemon like Ledian, Steelix, Arcanine and Slaking had really cool sprites in R/S/E.
As for the strangest, I think Yanma and Mr.Mime look quite strange.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
It was a little hard to decide which one was the coolest looking, but I'm picking RSE Haunter.

The strangest? RSE Kingler. That thing looked like it was gonna get me.

Last edited:
The Lugia and Ho-Oh in Emerald just looked so weird and also Swampert and Grovyle. As for the coolest, it would be Gardevoir for me.

ricedonut

pringle user
RSE Lickitung, Growlith and Pidgey among others.

58.png

eueuggh

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
Swamperts back sprite. Looks like its trying to itch behind its right ear with its shoulder.

KingWiggins

Sceptile's back sprite makes it look somewhat retarded to me for some reason..

Nebbio

NINJA!
Tyranitar looks like it has out grown it's sprite box and Houndoom looks possessed.