• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Corei Quest...rewritten!

Which Corei Starter would you choose?

• Mongle

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Fryger

• Aquari

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MerlockVonBaron

ok, thought you won a new badge cause chapter 31 you were in a gym battle but i guess i was wrong. But any ways nice work on a new pokemon capture

DarkPersian479

As Sapph sat up in bed and looked outside his room window at the opalescent mountainside that bordered the city and the Icy Pass (which he and Haley would have to traverse to get to their next hotspot on their Corei tour) he felt beneath the bright green scrubs he was made to wear whilst recovering at the stiff white bandages that concealed the scar that Anuvi’s Yaiba no Hayashi had left on him since his most recent and final berserker rage.
Holy run-on sentence, Batman! Something does need to be done about this - it's the worst run-on I've seen in a long time:/

These recollections then led to the memory of Zen’s old trainer

Sleet pounded on the windows as Haley was led down the corridor by the principal to her new classroom.

A golden white Pokémon led the way out of the subzero confines of the Icy Pass,
For all three: "Led" is the past tense of "lead."

So, now we're moving onto foursomes, huh? And considering the history that they have with each other, may the drama ensue! It's funny who you can meet in some random ice cave. The same sort of drama would ensue, I imagine, if/when Keynid gets cycled into Sapph's active roster. I really don't figure that his "King of the world" attitude is gonna mesh with the rest of the group. Still, from a distance, drama can be fun XD

Interesting backstory between Carla and Haley, with the long-standing rivalry of smarts of sorts. Though I know of a certain girl, born and raised in South Carolina, that could pwn the both of them in that regard XD

Whole lotta developments - new capture, not one but TWO Fire Stone evolutions, and now a pair of rival-esque traveling companions. And the crew seems to be going through a lot of those lately XD

Again, a nice, solid chapter here.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
FINALLY!!! I CAUGHT UP!!!
I've caught up with the other people!
I Really like this fic!
I can't say anything about it because I'm too excited!
It's so good, I keep putting exclamation marks at the end of each sentence!
MORE!!!

P.S. WHY Can't lavander and Anuvii like each other? Cause you said recently it was all "Mentor-ish"... Seems like you were duplicating the Sapph/Nora Predicament... But that made sense, Because there's already Evergreen Joy Jr. that shares affections with Sapph, and Haley Seems to have a crush on him...
>Get's double-slapped by Haley<
OK! I take that back about Haley... Kinda :)...
But, as I was saying, Sapph has enough girl troubles without Nora...
But Anuvii doesn't have anyone! Honestly, Give em a chance!
(By the way, that line with Zen [Let me get this straight. You were in a small space with a somewhat cute girl pokemon, and you scream? Wuss...] Was so funny it's not funny! [Wait, that makes no sense... Oh well...] But, of course it gets forgotten in light of Anuvii's startling revelation... After that Joke, I ended up like Zen after Ace winged him: Fallen off bed, but I was laughing!)

By the way, when "Lav" had the Plate power trapped in her, would that inside of her of kept her a leafeon? That would mean that for her to stay a form, forevermore, she would have to have an essence caught within her...

By the way, coolest pokemon creation myth I ever saw. But the whole "Rayquaza created the Regis" thing was odd...
I mean, It's actually in the games that Oh-Ho formed the Dogs, According to the anime Lugia controls the... Wait, I see the pattern!
Oh-Ho= Game
Lugia= Aime
Rayquaza= ... IMAGINATION!!!!
Even If that wasn't intentional, it was awsome!

So, let me get this myth strait, Arcuas has power over all elements, correct?
Then, he creates special plates that are each imbued with a power of his, correct?
Then, he sends these rocketing across the earth, and all who are passed over, are made to that type?
And the ones not passed over are Normal typed? Correct?
What of Dual-types? Were they passed by two plates? Thant means the plates flew off at differing angles! Amazing!

By the way You had BETTER end up including something about the ??? Plate that was removed from the game! (Sealed away pokemon, anyone?)
If you don't... BULLETS OF DOOM!!! *Remembers Kelvar Vest*
Darn! Fine! Meowth, EPIC SLASH!
Meowth: ???
Me:... Forget it...

Ah-ha! Another reason you should have AnuviixLavender!
I thought up a name for it!
(Cortesy of the two of which I speak... "Grins evilly")

... Lavanii Shipping!...
WHAT? It's the Fusion of their nicknames for each other!

0_0 I just realized my P.S. is larger than the main part!

Last edited:

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Is it safe to not post a chapter yet?

@asperger1981:

Is it me or the relationship between those four reminds me of the 'Pax armada' of before world war I somehow?

Search me... lol. Thanks for enjoying that part, really. I thought I had screwed up the first flashback badly, writing from Carla's POV and switching to Haley's rather than sticking with Haley's POV throughout. Well, if it worked...

@SamuraiDragon1:

OK so let me get this straight. Two fire stone pokemon evolved Saph met up with his brother and Haley rival and he catches a new pokemon and his strongest okemon can't use it's most powerfull move without being in danger of dieing and you wrote that in a way that carries very well.

Guess so... heeheehee

This is why I don't go to bed until 2 in the morning.
'Til next time.*jumps off a balcony* *realizes can't fly* *falls on head*

O.O Whatever works for ya, mate...

Kaynid is going to be the new ***hole to take the place of Zen isn't he.

Yeah, you caught me... fortunately, he'll be a lovable a**hole... wait, that made no sense at all...

@MerlockVonBaron:

ok, thought you won a new badge cause chapter 31 you were in a gym battle but i guess i was wrong. But any ways nice work on a new pokemon capture

It's all good. Sapph can't win every battle...

@DarkPersian479:

Holy run-on sentence, Batman! Something does need to be done about this - it's the worst run-on I've seen in a long time:/

Somehow that made me laugh... *Scratches head while trying to figure out how...*

just messin' with ya! It's been taken care of...

So, now we're moving onto foursomes, huh? And considering the history that they have with each other, may the drama ensue! It's funny who you can meet in some random ice cave. The same sort of drama would ensue, I imagine, if/when Keynid gets cycled into Sapph's active roster. I really don't figure that his "King of the world" attitude is gonna mesh with the rest of the group. Still, from a distance, drama can be fun XD

Yeah, there will be drama... more drama to shake a forest at! Especially amongst the pokes in the near future...

Interesting backstory between Carla and Haley, with the long-standing rivalry of smarts of sorts. Though I know of a certain girl, born and raised in South Carolina, that could pwn the both of them in that regard XD

True. Don't mess with Miss Calculus of the World, girls...

Whole lotta developments - new capture, not one but TWO Fire Stone evolutions, and now a pair of rival-esque traveling companions. And the crew seems to be going through a lot of those lately XD

(PHAILED ATTEMPT AT MODESTY FOLLOWS...)

I try...

The duo are staying a duo when they get to town, that i can guarantee...

Again, a nice, solid chapter here.

You ought to check out HoSS (second fanfic, currently on chapter 2). The invite is extended to all! Read it and let all hell break loose through your reviews!

@Kindindra:

FINALLY!!! I CAUGHT UP!!!
I've caught up with the other people!
I Really like this fic!
I can't say anything about it because I'm too excited!
It's so good, I keep putting exclamation marks at the end of each sentence!
MORE!!!

that's great! now, put the sugar down nice and easy, and step away from the soda pop...

WHY Can't lavander and Anuvii like each other? Cause you said recently it was all "Mentor-ish"... Seems like you were duplicating the Sapph/Nora Predicament... But that made sense, Because there's already Evergreen Joy Jr. that shares affections with Sapph, and Haley Seems to have a crush on him...
>Get's double-slapped by Haley<
OK! I take that back about Haley... Kinda ...

*Haley proceeds to b*tch-slap Kindindra again.*

*Evil AD shoots Haley*

Good AD: OMG, you killed Haley!

Evil AD: *waves gun* Dart gun, man...

*Good AD collapses into unmanly releif*

Evil AD: (undertone) frickin' drama queen...

But, as I was saying, Sapph has enough girl troubles without Nora...
But Anuvii doesn't have anyone! Honestly, Give em a chance!

Well, the tall and short of it will be revealed in the double chapter special. Let's just say what happens next will leave anyone...

*Good AD shoots Evil AD*

*Evil AD resurrects and bludgeons Good AD 'til he croaks*

Evil AD: That ought to keep girl pants quiet for a few seconds...

But, of course it gets forgotten in light of Anuvii's startling revelation... After that Joke, I ended up like Zen after Ace winged him: Fallen off bed, but I was laughing!)

Glad you enjoyed the funneh... Zen will move into that role a lot more in the future...

By the way, when "Lav" had the Plate power trapped in her, would that inside of her of kept her a leafeon? That would mean that for her to stay a form, forevermore, she would have to have an essence caught within her...

Eh, no. Zen drew it out of her and inplanted it in Anuvi. Think of it as an Essence transfusion... lol. Lavender's evolution will be permanent if she manages to attain it via the canon-legit manner (Stone/Friendship/Rock)

So, let me get this myth strait, Arcuas has power over all elements, correct?
Then, he creates special plates that are each imbued with a power of his, correct?
Then, he sends these rocketing across the earth, and all who are passed over, are made to that type?
And the ones not passed over are Normal typed? Correct?
What of Dual-types? Were they passed by two plates? Thant means the plates flew off at differing angles! Amazing!

Yep, looks like you got it...

By the way You had BETTER end up including something about the ??? Plate that was removed from the game! (Sealed away pokemon, anyone?)

Ah you mean ??? like in attacks like Curse, right? Yh, i can think of a way to fix it in...

0_0 I just realized my P.S. is larger than the main part!

You're still holding onto the sugar aren't you?

OK, onto status...

Like i said, HoSS is up to its second chapter. Expect the third someday this coming week. I'll pull off the double chapter special after that. Relax, i'll try to keep HoSS chapters shorter for easy reading until it's inevitable.

Well, till i'm ready...

*proceeds to don Kevlar vest and burrows underground*

(sounding muffled by the echoes) L@ER!

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Nope, It wasn't sugar, It was chocolate mousse with gummy worms! (BWA-HA-HA!).
Underground? If you don't make the next episode soon and tell me what happens to the "little group" I'll use EARTHQUAKE! BWA-HA-HA!
Kidding, If I KOed You, how would you make the next one?
I have a feeling if Sapph and his bro battled again, It wouldn't end so quickly...

Smell Ya Later!
*Goes to work on my story*

PS. Does HoSS take place after TCQ?

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Just an "I'm alive" post...

Maybe... maybe... you'll certainly see some deja vu in the upcoming chapter.

Just to drop a line thanking all who nominated this fic for Best Setting! You guys rock! Really, you all do!

And finally, just wanna say this in advance: HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL WHO CELEBRATE IT!

EDIT: This just in! I'm officially launching a minicontest on the thread again!

Anuvi, as you may recall, has lost the ability to use his ultimate technique, Yaiba no Hayashi. Now that we happen to be in most authors' most muse-inspiring month, I'd like to put it to you all to think up a cool new attack for the Warrior Pokemon.

Thewinner may have his attack feature in an upcoming chapter of TCQ, so give it all you got, if you want.

L@er!

Last edited:

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Ohh! A minicontest!
I have a question, does the attack have to be very powerful, or just cool?

See Ya Soon!

Araleon

Chill
Whoa, how could I miss that chapter? It was over a month ago!

Arcana evolved? Nice! Now, lessee, I think the only two evo left are Anuvii and Lav... I can't recall what Squirrage evo into, but doesn;t Lavender wanna become an Espeon?

Huskup? Hmm... Who's gonna be Yew'd? And yay for more Nora appearances. If Sapph doesn't win the league, it'd be nice to see her win...

Rubin being a not good brother? Gee, I never would have guessed...

EDIT: Minicontest? Hmm... What about a leafy tornado? Squirrage has wings, and as a grass type, it could have leaves... It's wings grow out and around Anuvi in a green glow and leaves fly inwards towards Anuvii and fly towards the sky in a tornado, and is shot at the opponent.

A name... Right now I can only think of Leaf Vortex. Lame, huh.

Last edited:

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
What I've been up to this November...

No worries, Araleon. Truth be told, the next chappies should have been out by now.

Interesting idea, but it sounds a little too similar to Leaf Storm, which Anuvi will 'evolve' his Razor Leaf into.

Guess it's safe to drop this little titbit... spoilers follow.

Anuvi won't evolve for the rest of TCQ. But you've forgotten a few more of Sapph's pokemon can evolve

Goes to show how lazy i can get, don't it?

Firstly, I'd like to wish all a happy belated (To many) Turkey Day. I'm thankful for you all.

Secondly, I thought i had a bit of explaining to do. Like where is this month's TCQ?

My sorry excuse lies in the following words:

Click Here.

Be warned, it's a work in progress...

I'd also like to announce the minicontest over as I have an idea with what to do with Anuvi's skills now.

Till next time, i guess...

L@er!

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Oh, A corei website! Wicked!
*Goes to it*
Mini contest...
Still thinking, but since aparenly he'll get Leaf Storm... I'll try to think of a flying type attack...

See Ya Later!

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
At long last, the chapter's ready to roll!

First of all, I'd like to ever so humbly apologise for my incessant lateness in churning these out.

Secondly, i'd like to apologise for this not being the double chapter special i promised in october. This is the first half of it.

Thirdly? I guess all i can say is enjoy. and that this chapter is dedicated to my friend Mary, who celebrated her birthday today. Can't wish you a good one enough.

Rated T for extreme violence and some levels of swearing.

Chapter Thirty Two: Terror Valley​

Legendio City woke to the song of Taillow and Qualic three days after Sapph, Haley, Rubin and Carla had walked into town. The townsfolk, mostly mountaineering guides and miners by profession, crowded the canteen of the Pokémon Center for an early breakfast and leisure time before heading off for the mines on the other end of Legend Lake.

A petite girl with reddish blonde hair stood in the corner near a vending machine, counting out the right amount of change for a tomato and onion soup as the hubbub around her filled her with a jittery excitement.

Placing her purse back into her brown denim skirt, Haley Kent straightened up and loaded the coins in her hand into the machine and punched the code for the items she wanted. Legendio City was a stop that, like White Tower, she had been eager to get to. Sadly, due to the road block that separated the hub of natural history from Nightspark City, she had been compelled to take the long way around.

Carrying a steaming cup of thick tomato soup and an opened cup of powdered Hearthome onion towards the reception area of the Pokémon Center, Haley mulled over the research papers on Pokémon Ecology she had read. Those that had gripped her the closest were those of Dr. Damien Kent... her father.

The trail had led her to the mining city, just as she had thought it would. To discover what her next step would be, she needed to examine further records in the Library of Legendio. Sipping the soup gingerly, she approached the nurse-on-duty, noting the striking differences that set this nurse apart from the others she had encountered on her travels; which included vivid green hair and brown eyes, which nonetheless shone with the gentility that had come to be associated with the Nurse Joy contingent of the Corei continent.

“Good morning, Haley,” Joy said sleepily. “How’d you sleep?”

“Alright, I’d say,” Haley said calmly, handing over the Hearthome Onion to the grateful nurse. “You look knackered... though. Not enough sleep?”

“Obviously,” Joy said, stifling a huge yawn as she bent down to retrieve a tray laden with six depressions, each filled with a red and white (although there was one pure white odd one with a blue line splitting it in half) pokéball and setting in on the counter between her and the redheaded researcher, who began to place them on her belt.

“Thanks, Nurse Joy. By the way,” Haley said, looking back at the nurse as she finished placing the white pokéball on her belt. “Have you seen Sapph this morning?”

“The boy with the green bandanna?”

“No, the one with the red jacket.”

“Oh, right. He left this morning with his Arcanine, Eevee and Mawhoot to train, or something like that,” Nurse Joy said thoughtfully, taking a sip of her hot onion soup.

“Really? He left the others behind?”

“Yes,” Joy went on, taking another sip and letting the warmth fill her. “Say, is he related to the kid in the bandanna?”

“They’re fraternal twins,” Haley said, taking another sip of soup. “And speaking of family relations, how come all you Nurse Joys look alike? Are you the only one with green hair?”

“It’s a little complicated,” Joy conceded. “Most of the Starling women- Nurse Joys,” she added when Haley looked flummoxed, “are born with pink hair. When a male is born, however, he sometimes lacks the pink and green. They marry outside the main family and give birth to children with alternate hair and eye colours. A few families are related to the Starlings this way... the Mitchells, the Saunders, and recently, the Wingams, too!”

“Wha- Ricon got married?” Haley exclaimed in surprise as the miners trooped out noisily for the mountainside mines.

“Yes, about a week ago,” Nurse Joy went on loudly. “They also adopted an adorable three year old together... Kaede, was it?”

“And did you say the Saunders?” Haley asked, another nugget of gossip coming to mind.

“Didn’t you notice?” The Nurse went on in a tone that suggested conspiracy. “Their daughter Nora is especially gifted in Pokémon Nursing. Shame she went into Pokémon Training...”

Well, well, Haley thought to herself as the Nurse Joy rambled on about one of her cousins stationed in the Trigello Archipelago who had a bit of a ‘wild child’ thing going for her. That explains a bit. I wonder if Sapph knew about Ricon’s wedding? Shame we couldn’t go...

***​

A few blocks away from Haley and the Pokémon Center, Sapph sat in a sparse yet warmly decorated sitting room, watching a middle aged woman work at a desk, an old mechanical sewing machine before her. Three pokéballs glinted on his belt as the watery sunlight filtered through the large paned window that stood in the wall behind the couch.

Sapph, whilst worried about Team Shadow’s movements, wondered if there was any rhyme or reason to their actions, particularly the ones they had endured at Dopeak City. If he only had some idea what they were up to... there would be a way of keeping others safe... Nora... Ricon and Joy...

... not to mention Joy herself. The young nurse-in-training that had occupied a lot of Sapph’s thought process despite the little contact they had shared over the past few weeks. Especially in the light of Ricon and the Nurse Joy stationed in Chinooka City’s wedding, news of which he had heard from Sky via his PokéGear.

The young nurse was a constant reminder of what risks interacting with others might bear them if Team Shadow were to find out about it. True he was worrying a lot more frequently these days, and no one short of a fool could blame him. After all, most eleven year olds’ greatest fears usually involve dreams and fears of their future journeys as trainers, girls and late homework and their consequences, whether material or psychological. Sapph’s mostly included gun-toting radicals, insanely powerful terrorists and living long enough to compete in the league finals, which came down to two crucial battles he could not afford to lose.

“Right,” the woman said, raising a red jacket and turning it over, examining her handiwork. “All done!”

Sapph looked up with his bright blue eyes and rose to his feet deliberately, smiling widely.

“Thanks a lot!” He said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a few bills to pay for the repair work that had been done to his jacket.

“Please come again!” the woman called cheerfully as he left, pulling his jacket over his messy brown hair and threading his arms through the sleeves. Slipping his hands into the snug pockets, his mind slipped back to Zula’s attack on his team at the Dopeak City Pokémon Center.

Zula said she was after Eowmad... and literally succeeded.

There was a fact, undeniable, concrete. Now that he thought back on it, Julius was after Geocles, or whatever it was. What if it was another one? Another Essence?

What if that was Team Shadow’s intent? Sapph thought worriedly. To amass all the Essences? Or just specific ones?

Julius and Zula seemed specific... and if they were truly after all the Essences, wouldn’t they be after Crimson, Zen and Arcana? Were all the other captains – Vulca and who knew how many other captains – after Essences too? And which ones?

With a sudden shock of recollection, Sapph’s mind went back to a previous interaction he had shared with another trainer, back when he was blissfully ignorant of the affiliation he had with the accursed powers he was sought out for so doggedly...

-Flashback-

Dinocanyon City Pokémon Center, roughly five weeks ago...

Sapph stood up as Nurse Chansey came waddling back with his Pokémon. Picking one off the tray, he shoved it and the Old Amber into Slate’s limp hands.

“Here,” he said shortly. “They’re yours. You need some extra firepower if you want to be champ. And some wisdom from a rock who has two centuries’ worth to tell. I’m going for the league finals, someday. I dunno where now, but I do know I can’t give up because of one setback. I guess this will be a learning year for me. Just remember, Slate…” Slate and Haley stared at Sapph as he headed for the sleeping quarters in the centre. Anuvi scampered off the chair and scrambled up onto his trainer’s shoulder as he paused in the doorway that led down the corridor to his room.

“What?” Slate asked, still unsure if Sapph had just given him a Geome and an Old Amber for free.

Smiling a dangerous smile, Sapph announced, “When I win that championship, I’m gonna challenge you to another match! Get ready for it!”

Slate stared for a moment then grinned back. “Hmph,” he said in a bemused way.

-End Flashback-

Slapping his forehead with his palm angrily he scolded himself angrily, “What was I thinking? Now I’ve put Slate in danger! Damn it!” He swore, slamming a balled up fist into a nearby house’s support beam and drawing a fair few stares.

Suddenly, leaving Anuvi, Crimson and Zen in the Pokémon Center seemed a foolhardy thing to do. As was leaving Nora to go off with Reg. While it was true that Sapph cared little about Reg’s safety (after all, Team Shadow had no use for him), Nora, holding at least one Essence in her possession was in more danger than Reg could ever be.

Cheers erupted from the comparatively elephantine wooden cabin that served as the town’s Contest and Town Hall. Apparently, a contest had just come to an end.

Keen to put as much distance between himself and his brother, Sapph quickened his pace, thinking he might as well head for the lake and get some training in.

Sapph’s march took him past many wooden chalets not unlike the ones Sapph, Haley and Nora had encountered back in Olde Teake. Yet these cabins lacked the stilts that the Olde Teake version had, most likely due the differences in topography. The two towns’ mountain forest scenery, however, was very much alike and filled with life. Legendio Town seemed so peaceful after the excited atmosphere he had left behind at the Pokémon Center earlier; most of the men must be down in the mines.

Walking around a clump of trees, Sapph’s eyes met with the pure beauty of the expansive lake. The morning sunlight gleamed off the surface, a vast mirror reflecting the blue sky above. Sapph took a moment to take in the elegance; the tranquillity the scenery exuded proved to be an outstanding tonic for his nerves and as the summer sun warmed his body, he felt rejuvenated after his ordeals in the labyrinthine Icy Pass.

“ALRIGHT! I CAUGHT ONE AT LAST!”

Sapph’s eyes flew open and scanned the perimeter of the lake, his eyes sliding over the mine shaft far along the other side of the lake and the shrine dedicated to the ‘Lord of the Four Winds’ or something, from what Sapph heard. He finally saw the source of the jubilant cry and decided to see just what had excited Carla Witkins so much.

“I’d keep it down if I were you,” Sapph hailed the blonde airily. “You’re ruining the ambience. What’s gotten you so excited anyways?”

Carla turned to watch Sapph lean against a tree with a lazy look in his eyes, which beheld the lake calmly. Turning her nose up and away, she said snootily, “Not that it’s any of your business, but I just happened to have finally caught a Feebas! I’m gonna call her Milas!”

“Feebas? What’s that?”

After picking herself up from the floor, Carla strode over to Sapph, calling up Feebas’s information on her Pokédex and shoving the picture under Sapph’s nose as the device bleated in a female version of his own’s voice: Feebas, the Fish Pokémon. Famous for its shabby appearance, Feebas is thoroughly ignored even by the most curious of Water type researchers.

“Congratulations,” Sapph replied coolly. “You caught an alternate Magikarp. So what’s the big deal about Feebas anyways?”

“Well, for an uncultured trainer such as yourself,” Carla said in a supremely arrogant tone, “you wouldn’t know. But to coordinators the world over, Feebas is the ore that is refined into the one and only...Milotic! Any beauty category contest is mine for the taking!”

“Ah, hunh,” Sapph said, unimpressed. “So... yeah. Am I meant to be impressed?”

“Yes, you were.”

“Sorry.”

Carla whipped out a pokéball and said, “No, you’re not! You better take coordinators seriously!”

Sapph yawned hugely and rumpled his dark hair looking surprised yet eager. Pulling off a pokéball from his own belt, he enlarged it, saying, “I doubt that will happen anytime soon, but whatever lets you sleep at night.”

***​

<What are you doing Quit it, Zen!>

<I really think you’re going too far, Zen...>

Two voices that should have been heard in the Pokémon Center were making their way up a wooded mountain face, the first belonging to an incessantly irate Squirrage and the other to a nervous looking Ledian.

<I said, let me go!> The Squirrage named Anuvi yelled, pulling himself free of the Jutunkick vice-like grip. <What part of that don’t you understand?!>

<The part that you think gives you license to sulk about how bad you have it,> the Jutunkick replied with a cocky smirk.

<Stop trying to spare me my feeling, alright?> Anuvi yelled. <Zula took almost all my Essence away, my most powerful attack is a literally double edged sword now and you want me to shrug it off?!>

<Yep,> Zen said seemingly happy that Anuvi had gotten the message so quickly as he placed one hand behind his back.

Anuvi let out an extremely rude remark and turned his back on Zen, walking back angrily.

Zen smirked as an orange-sized sphere of energy filled his open palm. <Anuvi,> he called out in a musically sweet singsong voice.

<What?> The grumpy Grass type snapped shortly, not even bothering to turn around.

Zen hurled the Aura Sphere attack right at his retreating back and called, <Think fast!>

Anuvi spun around and saw the Megacite projectile less than a foot away and moved instinctively, causing the attack to slam into the ground and explode, kicking up a cloud of dirt.

<Are you insane?!> Anuvi yelled as Crimson fluttered to a stop, having finally caught up with the squabbling duo. Anuvi marched up to the smirking Jutunkick and grabbed him by the fur that covered his chest and pulled him in close, bringing him almost nose to nose.

<Yeah,> Zen replied flippantly. <Aren’t you?>

The next thing Anuvi knew, the left side of his pointed head exploded in pain as Zen used a blinding right hook to clout him heavily, sending the Grass type sprawling at the roots of an old tree.

<Listen to yourself,> Zen said in a now cold voice and Crimson and Anuvi, for one startled moment, thought Zen had turned emo-evil on them. <Giving up before you even try to think. Sapph still has two battles to win if he wants to make the league this year and you’re saying ‘no thanks, I’ve got my own crap to deal with’? You selfish... pathetic... little... loser...>

<But, Zen,> Crimson said quietly as rage and shame had driven Anuvi to muteness. <You said it yourself... Anuvi can’t use Yaiba no Hayashi again or he’ll die...>

<Oh, so you’re joining the Sob for Gob Club, are you?> Zen said angrily, giving Crimson a venomous glare. <No more Yaiba no Hayashi... boo, hoo, hoo. If you have time for theatrics,> the Jutunkick went on, raising his voice with every syllable, <then shut the hell up and pay attention!>

The silence that filled the clearing was only punctuated by ragged breathing from all three Pokémon.

Satisfied that the Squirrage was going to pay attention now, Zen calmed down and began, <Sure you lost Yaiba no Hayashi. And it was a bee-yatch of a move. I have a question for you: do you know how much energy you output in an attack like that?>

Anuvi stared. He’d never thought of that... Yaiba no Hayashi came easily to him.

<I’ll tell you,> Zen said calmly, watching the Warrior Pokémon struggle with the answer. <If you didn’t cycle your energy after each battle, you’d be dead by Olde Teake.>

Crimson felt his jaw go slack but was too transfixed by Zen’s words to take in anything else.

<What do you mean, cycle?> Anuvi whispered.

<Recycle, replenish, restore,> the Jutunkick said calmly. <Grass types fight best when they’re in an environment that enables their energy to flow and exchange with the energy nature possesses and cycles.>

<How d’you know that?> Crimson gasped.

<I learned about it from Grandpa and on my travels after that day,> Zen said dismissively. Turning back to the Squirrage, Zen went on, <Day to night, high tide to low and back again. Winter to Spring; Summer to Fall, all nature’s energy is in constant cycle. And though you don’t know it, your internal energy is as well.>

<However, your anger and self depreciation have caused the flow to stop and become stale. You have to calm yourself and get your energy back in cycle. You may not have enough for Yaiba no Hayashi, and your body never really could hold all of Eowmad’s power. But if you can cycle the little energy left in you, you can magnify the quantity you bear, and using the manufactured extra, produce a smaller, yet no less deadly substitute.>

Silence ruled the surrounding area for several long, painful minutes. Finally, Anuvi croaked with a trace of hope in his suddenly hollow voice, <How...?>

<First, you meditate,> Zen said calmly. <Being perfectly still enables you to feel nature’s subtle flow. When you get the rhythm of that flow, we can proceed to step two. Crimson, you come with me. Anuvi needs concentration to get this right, and we’ll be in the way.>

Crimson silently hovered after the retreating Jutunkick after Anuvi nodded once and crossed his legs in a meditative pose, closing his violet eyes in concentration.

<Were you for real back there?> Crimson asked Zen as they stepped out of the forest after a few minutes of marching into fresh, untouched snow.

<Yup,> Zen said calmly. <He doesn’t know it, but he’s a natural at cycling energy. I had to train for eight months after I was exiled before I got the first part of the training down. He should have it by nightfall... latest dawn.>

<Whoa,> was all Crimson could say to that. <So what’re we doing up here?>

<Well,> Zen said with a smirk, crouching into his old Tae Kwon Do stance. <I reckon you’ve gotten a little rusty, and need someone to knock some sense back into ya.>

Crimson grinned in spite of himself and dropping into his Vale Tudo stance, his wings thrumming slightly, said, <Make my day, Robocop.>

***​

A Cacturne, Exeggutor, Roserade lay still in the frozen mountaintop overlooking Legendio Town. Snow piled up over their lightly frozen carapaces and the ankles of their trainer, a short woman dressed too scantily for the icy climate as she looked down upon the city with her golden eyes. Rune-like markings criss-crossed all over her petite body, glowing ghoulish green with a sickening rhythm.

Beside the woman stood an even shorter being, with thick green fur covering every square inch of its body. Like the woman that stood beside it, its violet eyes were fixed on the town stead below. Its fingers clutched a sharp-looking armament that looked like a cross between a short lance and medium-length rapier made of a substance that glowed just like the markings on the human’s body.

Looks like sharing the power with Rossa helped stabilize it, the heavily-tanned woman thought slowly. Makes sense, seeing as I stole it from one of her species...

<Miss Zula,> the creature named Rossa spoke up. <What is your will?>

“There’s a Squirrage in the local area,” the Team Shadow captain said calmly. “One that will resonate with the energy I have gifted you with. I want you to find it... and bring my its life force. All of it.”

<Yes, Miss Zula,> the Warrior Pokémon said loyally and took off at a sprint down the snowy mountainside.

Sitting in a meditative position, Zula closed her eyes and said, “I’d better make sure they don’t leave anytime soon,” Opening her eyes sharply, the gold and white was replaced with a shining neon green light as her dreadlocks sprouted thorns and elongated from her skull into the ground, green light tracing their path which led straight into the woods that surrounded the chalet-filled valley.

A colony of Tempato; bad-tempered Tomato Pokémon, which looked for the most part like large tomatoes with leaf green appendages growing from the lower parts of their red heads, were arguing about area that was to be shared nearby. Suddenly, they all froze, their beady eyes glowing green as a soft, cackling laugh filled their minds and said in a commanding voice, “Go forth into Legendio, my minions. Find the boy with a red jacket and make sure his Pokémon are brought to me... your new mistress and God!

***​

“Is this all of it?” Haley asked in a disappointed voice.

“Young lady,” the librarian said kindly, yet firmly, readjusting her pince-nez upon her bony nose. “Damien Kent was only in Legendio Town for three weeks! You can’t think there was anything more, can you?”

Haley exhaled heavily and looked out of the window into the thronging street, the thick glass cancelling out any sound. She had had high hopes for the Legendio Town library; sure she’d find some hint of what her father had been researching before he left home. Now with one thin pamphlet which she had spent the past three days duplicating in great detail, she was no closer to finding him than she was at White Tower University.

“And there’s no mention of any colleagues? Any at all?” Haley said desperately.

“I’m afraid not,” the librarian said irritably, her dark top knot wobbling agitatedly. Shooing Haley away, she said snappily, “Now go away, I have a lot of work to do!”

Muttering darkly, Haley gathered her materials and stumped away from the librarian, passing two tanned individuals in the reception area, both of whom wore white cloaks and dark Ray-bans. Pausing to give them a weird looking over, Haley shrugged and proceeded to exit the library.

The two men walked up to where the librarian stood returning dusty tomes to the shelves and split up. One stood like a sentry outside the aisle, keeping an eye out for stragglers while the other calmly approached the middle aged woman and said in a low murmur, “Kathleen Blair? Former lieutenant serving under Team Shadow’s ex-captain Zula and current acting-captain for the regiment?”

The librarian’s chocolate eyes widened in shock. Reaching for a solitary pokéball that lay concealed in the many royal blue folds and shawls she wore, her fingers closed upon it when a soft, yet sharp thwip sounded off and she felt warm liquid life seeping away from a neat bullet wound just above her abdomen.

She dropped to her knees in shock as her vision began to fade. Staring up unseeingly into her assailant’s merciless gaze, he went on in the same soft voice, seemingly unperturbed; as though shooting people was in his genes, “For your crimes against man and alleging yourself with Pokémon to carry out your acts of darkness, the Light brings you... salvation.”

A second thwip later and Kathleen Blair keeled over, a second circular wound lying right in between her eyes as the man gave her one last look of repugnance and turned to leave.

Haley in the meantime had exited the old building and had come face to face with what seemed to be a fresh crowd of screaming locals. Behind them a swarm of what seemed to be larger than usual walking tomatoes that lashed out at the crowd’s heels in vicious anger, overrunning the usually peaceful streets. Haley was too stunned by the sheer volume of people to get out of the way in time to avoid being crushed, and began to scream.

A blue aura enveloped her and a second later, Haley had vanished on the spot, the crowd of onlookers too intent on getting away from the attacking Tempato.

Haley rematerialized on a rooftop next to a small, yet familiar white Pokémon with a mop of neat yet overgrown green hair. Two white horns seemed to adorn its crown as it said in a misty, feminine voice, <Salutations, fair Haley.>

Looking over the Ralts, whom Haley knew to be nicknamed Ralis, she blushed faintly at the sight of her rescuer, whose light brown hair and green fleece jacket danced in the wind.

“We’ve got to stop meeting like this, Rubin,” she said playfully.

“Then stay out of trouble,” Rubin replied, returning his Ralts and summoning his fiery Blaziken, which began to beat back the multitude of Tempato that were attempting to swarm the rooftop where they stood.

Haley gazed around in horror, taking in the destruction. It seemed like Mother Nature herself was fighting the fight; moss that grew on the rooftops of domestic houses had over grown and seeped in between the shingles, causing roofs to collapse. Smoke had begun to rise from various businesses as one or two fires began to crop up.

“Terribly sorry to rush you,” Rubin said acidly. “But Honou and I could use some assistance from your Ninetails any time now!”

Snapping out of her reverie, Haley fumbled for her firebrand’s pokéball embarrassedly; muttering apologies Rubin had no time to hear.

***​

“So you mean to tell me that Eevee can evolve into any of the eeveelutions after being hit with an attack of the same type as any of them?” Carla said in surprise as her Pikachu Bolt struggled to its little feet, electricity sparkling from its bright red cheeks.

“Yup,” Sapph replied calmly, as a spiny creature landed nimbly before him, blue electricity dancing off its white ruff. Lavender had taken out Milas fairly quickly and after a quick Thunderbolt from Carla’s Electric Mouse Pokémon, Lavender had transformed once again in a blast of golden yellow light, temporarily taking on the likeness of the Lightning Pokémon, Jolteon.

“Though I must admit, this is the first time you’ve gone Jolteon,” Sapph said to Lavender. “How do you feel, girl?”

<I’m good I’m good I’m good what’s good what’s good what’s good that’s GOOOOOOD!> Lavender squealed so quickly Sapph had to take a few seconds just to figure out what she had said. Lavender shivered bodily as her beady black eyes locked onto his confused blue ones.

“No worries, Bolt! Use Quick Attack!” Carla said swiftly, taking advantage of their distraction.

<OK!> Bolt said in his lilting voice before speeding off towards the larger Electric type. Mere seconds away, Bolt threw himself bodily into the Jolteon... only to pass right through her.

Carla saw her Pikachu get hit by something seemingly invisible and get sent for a loop, flopping helplessly as he rolled to a pitiful stop. In the next fraction of a second, Lavender had reappeared, her tongue hanging out in a dopey expression of clumsiness.

<Oops! Silly Pikachu... hitting me when I’m not looking is a big-time no-no! Ya know?> Lavender trilled in her hyper voice as she began to bounce on the pads of her feet.

Carla had her slack jaw hanging around the lower half of her neck at the display of unreasonable speed. No Pokémon should be able to move that fast... there was no way, she thought helplessly.

<Oooh, Sapph? Think I can do that too?> Lavender said happily, literally shaking with pent-up energy.

“Don’t see why not,” Sapph said in a small voice.

<RADICAL!> Lavender squealed and took off running so fast that for an instant she was lost from sight, reappearing behind the Pikachu and hitting him so hard he went flying right back into Carla’s arms, completely spent.

<Heehee, I got ‘im! Didja see that? I got ‘im! An’ I got ‘im goooood,> Lavender trilled in her high on coffee voice, shuddering pleasurably as she spoke.

Sapph and Carla sweat dropped.

“Y’know, Sapph,” Carla said, returning an unconscious Bolt to his pokéball. “This almost isn’t fair. How many times have you used that Pokémon in a battle anyway?”

“Not nearly enough, apparently,” Sapph said, scratching the back of his head. “Don’t coordinators have a battle aspect in every contest?”

“How’d you know that?”

“I passed by the Contest Hall on my way here,” Sapph said plainly, watching Lavender glow yellow once again and revert to her regular form. “Rubin just won his third ribbon from what I saw of his performance...”

“WHAAAT?!” Carla shrieked. “He told me the Legendio Conference hold their contests on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays! And today’s Saturday!”

Rubin strikes again, Sapph thought with a grim smile. Aloud he informed her, “Guess I never got to tell you why I don’t trust my bro- what the?”

Sapph’s eyes dilated in shock as he stared at the glassy surface of the lake, which had suddenly turned choppy as they were talking. Carla turned around and let out a small scream as a myriad of slimy, pale greenish-blue Pokémon rose from the depths of Legend Lake, their yellowish eyes gleaming in the late morning sun.

“Suppose that story will have to wait for now, eh?” Sapph said in a slightly keyed voice, turning to Carla and yelling, “Get down!”

“What? Why?” Carla said; her eyes fixated on the slimy apparitions as they seemed to hop their way closer, the waters slowing them down. An errant lightning bolt missed her blonde head by less than an inch and struck Lavender again, causing the Normal type to screech in pain and transform once again into the Lightning Pokémon in a flash of golden yellow light.

<“What was that?”> Both Lavender and Carla yelled in unison, turning to stare at the source of the lightning bolt and saw what looked like three foot tall Jack o’ Lanterns shuffling closer, walking on thickened dark brown roots as their thick green vines trailing behind them as their eye sockets gleamed eerily in the gloom of the trees.

Sapph ducked another bolt of electricity and aimed his Pokédex at the leading assailant and in its mechanical voice, began to drone: Kurbaza, the Jack o’ Lantern Pokémon. Kurbaza pretend to be normal pumpkins in a field until unsuspecting prey comes within reach and is seized in their electrifying tendrils. Kurbaza are Grass/Electric type Pokémon.

Gathering up Bolt, Carla sprinted away from the lakeside towards Sapph, pointing her handheld encyclopaedia at the advancing lake Pokémon, when is lit up and announced in it mechanical female voice: Polyporph, the Polyp Pokémon. Polyporph are Grass and Water Pokémon. Polyporph dwell at the sea floor of cold Arctic seas where they feed on minute sea particles which stick to its slimy exterior.

“Well?” Carla demanded as she took shelter behind a large boulder, staring at Sapph, “you’re the battling expert here. What do we do?”

Raising an eyebrow archly, Sapph replied, “Well, I’d say this is perfect practice for my team. Shouldn’t that apply to your team as well?”

“Do I look like I like battling?”

“Nope, but you will,” Sapph said slyly. “Lavender, use Shock Wave on as many Polyporph as you can!”

Lavender bowed her head and crackled with golden electricity as sparks seemed to be drawn from the atmosphere into her spiny fur. Looking up sharply, she released a diverging wave of blue electricity that washed over the front lines of the Polyporph army, stunning a lot of them but whether due to their half Grass typing or their sheer numbers, not being much more effective than that.

<Aww, c’mon maaaan! That was weak!> Lavender groaned, as she glowed yellow again and reverted once again, looking severely winded due to her repeated transformations.

“Sapph! A little help here?!” Carla shrieked, ducking beneath another blast of lightning from the advancing Kurbaza.

“Sorry, they’re your problem,” Sapph said shortly, returning Lavender in a flash of red. “Use a Fire or Flying type if you have one. Go, Ace!”

And from a second pokéball the large Swoop Pokémon took to the skies. Flapping hard to gain some altitude and diving distance, Ace had a bird’s eye view of the situation, which didn’t look good: Sapph and Carla were being steadily hemmed in by the advancing Grass types, Glancing into town, she also saw that the town was overrun with plant life: the moss which was cultured as a roofing sealant on many a rooftop had grown to insanely gross proportions and broken through many a roof, trapping any occupants within. A large number of large red Pokémon marched through the town like some grim procession, determined in their purpose.

<This looks like an infestation,> Ace said grimly, preparing to use Cyclone on the advancing Polyporph...

...but before she could start her spin, a large thorn vine shot out of the forest at this interval and struck her square in the back of her helmeted head, stunning her greatly. As the sky and ground began to melt together in a whirl of colour as she began to fall, the thorn struck down viciously, dragging the Mawhoot through three hundred feet of air into the ground viciously causing Sapph, Carla and Tora the Therline to look up in horror.

“What the-?” Sapph gasped, staring back into the wooded area behind them to see a figure that he had heartily wished never to lay eyes on again slip out from behind the trees.

The creature seemed to be made of a multitude of thorny tentacles of a sickly green hue. This ghastly shade of green blended with the being’s skin (which Sapph knew to be brown) creating a mottled camouflage of ugly. Smaller, yet no less thorny tendrils grew out of the oddity’s scalp, creating the illusion of it having a mop of live Cactadder for hair. Its golden yellow eyes were slanting and fixed upon Sapph as he returned Ace quickly and called out his great Arcanine, who took one look at the apparition and decided on balance that it deserved her undivided attention for now.

“Zula.”

“Hello, Spiffy,” the monstrous Zula crooned in what it thought was a charismatic voice, the sound of which causing Carla to scream. “Miss me much?”

“About as much as the Mahoghany Flu,” Sapph retorted coldly as he clenched his fist. “Is that what happened after you stole Eowmad from Anuvi?”

“Anuvi? Oh, your Squirrage, right?” Zula said brightly, resting a dirt-caked finger against the side of her head. “Yeah. Can he come out and play?”

“Not on my watch, pygmy witch,” Sapph said maintaining a cold facade.

Zula’s face twitched in slight annoyance and relaxed into a leering smile; if Sapph wasn’t as brave as he was, he’d probably have wet himself.

“No matter,” Zula said coolly. “I have all the Grass Pokémon in this valley... not to mention my personal Pokémon... doing my bidding and looking for him. I guess I should while away the time and play around with your pet... and girlfriend,” she added, raising an eyebrow creepily as she beheld Carla. “Wasn’t she a redhead?”

“Not that it’s your business, but Haley’s NOT my girlfriend,” Sapph said coldly. “Now, will the world get a freaking clue already?”

“Does this happen to you often?” Carla asked with a groan, as Tora took out another four Kurbaza.

Sapph sighed and replied, “Every-frickin’-where I go.”

***​

Quick footsteps rang out through the deserted corridor as the curvaceous woman marched towards the central room, her long raven hair rippling in her wake.

The expression portrayed by Vulca’s furrowed brow suggested bemusement at the best. Usually, it was custom that whenever Team Shadow operatives of the Captain level were summoned by Lord Theologos, all were expected to attend. So why was the evil overlord’s summons issued to her and her alone?

Some captains’ absences were easily explained – Doracus and Julius were working on the Lancer in Dragon Cove, which lay to the southeast of Utopia Island. Orion was attending to secret assignments, no doubt at Theologos’s bequest. Zula had gone AWOL since the Olde Teake scenario.

That left herself, Cleopatra and the mysterious Kahn, whom none of the other captains had even met yet. He too, was supposedly on assignment somewhere, yet he was such an enigma his very existence was questionable.

She had barely begun to ponder the nature of her summons when she arrived outside Theologos’s personal chambers. This was another odd occurrence: no captain was ever summoned to his personal chambers – all meetings took place at the bridge.

Yet she had no time to ponder this at the present time as the stainless steel door slid open to admit her without any external stimulation. Vulca crossed the threshold and went down on one knee in respect.

“Please, Vulca,” a calm voice said from the shadowy regions of the room. “Don’t be so formal.”

And stepping into a pool of red light cast by the crimson lampshade that filled the sumptuously decorated room with light, Theologos bore down upon the still-kneeling captain, a curious expression on his face as his silver hair and cape flowed behind him.

“You called for me, my lord?”

“Yes,” Theologos said thoughtfully, sizing Vulca up. “I wished to discuss Zula’s actions with you.”

“But of course, my lord,” Vulca replied in a swift, subservient tone, still staring at the floor.

“Please. Cut the formalities,” Theologos said calmly. “Call me Theo.”

Vulca’s eyes widened as she looked up into Theologos’s blood red eyes which were suddenly a lot closer than she had thought them to be.

What happened next took her completely by surprise, not due to her inability to respond to the situation, but mostly (and primarily) who she shared the sensual lip-lock with. It was what she mostly fantasized about doing with every male she had come into contact with, but kissing Theologos, the head executive of Corei’s most evil terrorist organisation, made her fantasies complete in so many ways; on so many levels.

Pulling apart gently, Theologos looked his beautiful underling in the eye and whispered, “I have a few missions for you, ones that I believe that you alone are capable of performing... if you are willing...”

“But of course,” she replied in a breathless voice, something in her yearning for more, yet half of her terrified at what it would cost her...

***​

Crimson let out a loud yell and lunged for Zen once again, his fists glowing with subzero energy.

<C’mon, Bug Boy!> Zen hollered with a laugh, sidestepping the Ledian’s swift punches. <This isn’t even a challenge anymore!>

Leaping out of range, Zen landed on a frozen boulder and laughed some more. Crimson stared back, a ghost of a smile etched on his face as he panted heavily...

...before a green blade ran Zen through.

Zen’s saffron eyes bugged slightly as he felt the edge pierce him. True, it had missed his gut by inches, but it was certainly no mere flesh wound. His teeth gritted tightly as he looked down at where the verdant point poked out from his side. It wasn’t possible... he’d warned Anuvi...

<Yet, wait...> Zen thought slowly. <It couldn’t be... Anuvi’s Yaiba no Hayashi looks different from this attack, despite its similar feel...>

<ZEN!> Crimson yelled, his voice spurred on by the chilly winds.

A cold female voice, not dissimilar from the chilly atmosphere whispered in his ear in Pokétongue, <The only reason you’re not dead yet, Jutunkick, is so you can answer my question. There’s a Squirrage my mistress wants... I know you know where he is. Talk.>

Zen replied with a smirk and told her to do something this writer will feel disturbed to disclose and called her something said writer would not want to disclose for fear of abusing the rating.

The female Squirrage closed her eyes calmly and said, <Very well...> Placing her foot in the small of the Jutunkick’s back, she yanked her blade free and twirled on the spot narrowly dodging a speeding row of icy stalagmites that seemed to grow out of the snowy ground and create a wall between Zen and his assailant, courtesy of Crimson’s Comet Punch Ice Style. <I’ll ask your comrade.>

Before Zen could shout out a warning, the Squirrage used the speed native to her species to close the thirteen foot gap between them in less than a heartbeat. A flash of green and a spurt of crimson later, Crimson was also felled by a slightly less than fatal wound to his yellow underbelly.

<But... but how... Anuvi’s Yaiba no Hayashi... impossible...> Crimson muttered in disbelief before passing out cold.

<So that’s what Laef called it,> the Squirrage said calmly, turning away from the fallen Bug type and walking with a slow yet purposeful step into the wooded area nearby. <Interesting... he never really had a flair for naming things...>

In the woods, she saw a green figure sitting alone in a clearing nearby, apparently meditating. His dark green ruff and slightly larger forearms told the Squirrage that she had found her target at last. Moving forwards, with no sound so as to keep herself hidden, she moved to stand a few feet away from her target, her golden eyes blank and impassive.

<Hello, Laef,> she said calmly, raising the energy sword high. <Long time, no see.>

She brought the blade down swiftly and met... dirt.

Allowing herself a small smile, she looked up into the nearest tree and saw the other Squirrage look down at her first with annoyance and then with mingled shock and disbelief.

<Who are you?> Anuvi said warily, ready to spring at the slightest sign of movement in his assailant. <And what are you doing with that attack? Are you with Zula?>

<I dunno what the bigger shock is,> the Squirrage said in a voice full of mock sorrow. <That you gave such a beautiful attack such an ugly name... its name is Acciaio del Selva now. Or that,> she paused for dramatic effect, the rapier in her hand giving off an unearthly hum.

Anuvi’s world was about to be turned on its head by what she said next.

<... you don’t even recognise your only sister.>

***​

CHARACTER PROFILE OF THE WEEK

Name: Slate Endlethorn
Date of Birth:
January 10, PA 2000
Eye colour: Lilac
Hair colour: Light purple

Theme: The One and Only by Chesney Hawks
Current Teammates: Roc (Aerodactyl), Grandpa (Geome), Helix (Omanyte), Armo (Armaldo), Rex (Pupitar)
Pokémon at the Yew Observatory: None
Pokémon at home: Rust, Ore (Rustaur)

Background: Born to a miner and housewife, Slate has always had humble beginnings yet lofty dreams. Leaving home to train under his uncle Clyff Endlethorn, Slate grew to become a competent battler, despite how little his uncle showed it. After some encouragement from Sapph, he left to further his preparations to make his dream of become a Pokémon League Champion using only Rock Pokémon, the first step apparently winning the Trigello Tournament held at the end of June every year.

Slate is like a mountain; firm, resilient and withstanding. His dedication and loyalty are without peer and he considers it the height of shame to betray his friends.

Rounding off are some more Corei-Dex entries!

034 Tempato

Type: Grass
Species: Tomato
Pronunciation: tem-pah-toe
Height: 1'03"
Weight: 34kg
Habitat: Grassland
Evolution Line: Does not evolve
Name Derivation: TEMPer + tomATO
Notes: Always in a bad mood, Tempato lash out at their foes with their long, stinging vines or pound them away violently with their strong arms.

088 Polyporph

Type: Water
Species: Polyp
Pronunciation: paw-lee-pawrf
Height: 1’06”
Weight: 22kg
Habitat: Seafloor
Name Derivation: POLYP + mORPH
Notes: Polyporph dwell at the sea floor of cold Arctic seas where they feed on minute sea particles which stick to its slimy exterior.

133 Kurbaza

Type: Grass/Electric
Species: Jack o' Lantern
Pronunciation: kuh-bar-zah
Height: 3'06"
Weight: 29kgs
Habitat: Grassland
Name Derivation: KUR (can't remember the language, but I know it meant electricity, light or lightning) + calaBAZA (Spanish for pumpkin)
Notes: Kurbaza lie dormantly in wait for prey to walk by, and then snake their strong, thick tendrils around them to hold them fast as the light in their heads flicker on.

***​

Well, til the next post then, which God willing will be soon...

L@er!

P.S. : RAAAANK...UP!

Last edited:

Araleon

Chill
Good chapter, AD. I really like Lavender.

And yea, I thought it was too much like Leaf Storm too.

Whoa, since Yaiba no Hayashi is now Acciao del Selva, will Anuvi get it back?

Really, have I mentioned that Lav and Crimson are my favorites on Sapph's team?

And, Nora is travelling with REG? Like, Haley's brother Reg? Aww... Man, if they get together, he should change, like Gary.

How did you manage to make a tomato cool?

I like Zen and Anuvi the best.

Sapph seems to be changing from a kid to someone that could beat his brother and think nothing of it.

I like the grass/electric idea.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
*Jaw Drop*
That is just NO FAIR!
Zula's Squrage is Anuvii's sister?!?!

Now, on a lighter note...
Lavender as a Jolteon makes me lol.
Suger Rush all the way! ^_^

And, I thought up a name for a new attack for Anuvii!
... Wind Edge.
Well? I wanted Anuvii to still get to use a sword, so I came up with the idea of him charging the foe with a leaf blade wrapped in wind!

See Ya Later!

DarkPersian479

Those that had gripped her the closest

each filled with a red and white (...) pokéball
Singular/plural number agreement

True, he was worrying a lot more frequently these days,

the repair work that had been done to his jacket.

“Please come again!” the woman called cheerfully as he left, pulling his jacket over his messy brown hair and threading his arms through the sleeves.

I want you to find it... and bring me its life force.

“I wished to discuss Zula’s actions with you.”

“But of course, my lord,” Vulca replied

I TOLD you plant life and Mother Nature would rise up and consume us all! I TOLD Y'ALL!

Anyway, looks like this town is not to be the place to be, with both Light and Shadow descending upon it. Especially with killer tomato Pokemon causing all sorts of trouble.

Hyper JolteonLavender is hyper. And a bit predictable. It's not a problem, just that I saw it coming from a mile away. I will warn not to go overboard on the hyperactiveness, though. An older fic author tried too hard to make certain characters of theirs too hyper, and ultimately it ruined the experience for me. So just don't make her too hyper, and you should be okay:)

ZOMG Anuvi has a sister? And she has his powers? And Zula is her partner. That I did NOT see coming. We move from trainer-trainer drama to Squirrage-Squirrage drama. I can't wait...

Meh, I think both attack names are kinda odd. Naming special, super powered attacks after large American luxury sedans is the new black, don't 'ya know?

I'll be looking forward to the next chapter, but be warned that I'll be without internet for the next month. Also, please start PMing me when new chapters come out. I don't check the forums for fic updates anymore unless I get a PM. Thanks.

shadowlight

Fraught With Peril
I like this chapters
What Happens if Lavender is hit with a type that would make her an undiscovered eeveelution? I am sorry if you already said and i didn't notice.
I wonder if Anuvi's Sister is being controlled or doing this of her own accord? It sound as if she has free will.

I Hope You All Don't Get Eaten By Slugmas(Slugmi, Slugmeese, Slugma)

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
OMG... It's aTCQ Christmas script special?!

Salutations, all! And Happy Holidays! I've not been in the bst of spirits this week and that's not really a good thing for chapter typing. So I decided to... ah , I'll leave it to the Pokemon cast. See you at the end of the minichapter!

It's a Very Merry Corei Quest Christmas Day Special​

(Try saying that 10 times really, really fast... ^_^)

(From the Yew Observatory. Several snowy white pouffes litter the scene as all of al of Sapph, Haley, Kamren and Carla's Pokemon settle down to enjoy a festive Christmas party. 'God Rest Ye, Merry Politoed' plays in the background as the smell of egg nog begins to waft in fromthe small kitchenette next door. Sapph is holding a portable camera and is taping the Pokemon (remember the last time we used a real camera and everything?) as Haley tends to the egg nog. Kamren is lazing about on the couch and Carla's bugging Rubin to teach her new Contest appeals, the latter of whom has barricaded himself in the professor's study to keep her away.)

Anuvi: Hey, Merry Christmas, all ye faithful...

Burner: ...and not-so-faithful readers. (glares at all closet readers)

Anuvi: AD decided to make a bit of a Christmas scripty thingy to answer all your questions this jolly season.

Burner: And he's having us present it to you... oh, joy...

Lavender: At least we get some screen time this time!

Keynid: Speak for yourself, lowly commoner. The noble, majestic...

Anuvi (in an undertone) : nappy-headed...

Lavender: (giggles)

Keynid (oblivious) : ...Keynid recieved only one line in this paltry script!

Bubbles: Like, AD can't join us today as the holidays seem largely overrated to him, seeing as Ghana's having a run-off election in a few days and Christmas has taken a back seat to politics, which he can't stand...

AD (from off the stage): I FRIGGIN' HATE POLITICS!

Tora: So he can't be counted upon to stay in a good mood.

Vapor: Well, whilst we wait for our lurvely egg smog...

Cloude: Dude... that's egg nog...

Vapor: Whatever... let's get into the Q and A!

Whoa, since Yaiba no Hayashi is now Acciao del Selva, will Anuvi get it back?

Anuvi: I hope so!

Really, have I mentioned that Lav and Crimson are my favorites on Sapph's team?

Lavender: You could stand to mention it more... ^_^

And, Nora is travelling with REG? Like, Haley's brother Reg? Aww... Man, if they get together, he should change, like Gary.

Crimson *sweatdrops*: Um... Reg is Nora's brother. Haley's brother is Kamren.

How did you manage to make a tomato cool?

Tyrus: Uh... Deep-freeze?

Anuvi: Dude. Who are you?

Tyrus: Kamren's mystery fourth Pokemon!

Anuvi: -_-;

I like Zen and Anuvi the best.

Zen: Thank you, thank you! You're a great crowd!

Anuvi: We'll be here all season... sign the deal.

Sapph seems to be changing from a kid to someone that could beat his brother and think nothing of it.

Mighty: This is called Character Development and is essentially...

Arcana: Ah swear to Arceus, Mighty. One more word, an' we'll be 'aving Magnet nog for the holidays. Ya knaemean?

Mighty: Negatory...

I like the grass/electric idea.

Mace: I don't.

Bubbles: Like, Mace...?

Ento: I really don't think anyone cares.

Mace: Well they should! What will Grass/Water types like me do for a living?

Bubbles & Ento: ._.

*Jaw Drop*
That is just NO FAIR!
Zula's Squrage is Anuvii's sister?!?!

Pyrrhus (emo aura surrounds his body) : So Team Shadow intend to rend another family apart? Have they no qualms, no shame, no conscious at all?! Doth the dark abyss of evil so permeate thine souls that bonds of such deep connection matter nought to your unredeemable souls?

Bubles (-_-;): Evolving sure made a poet out of you...

Cloude: Dude... you say poet. I say emo...

Now, on a lighter note...
Lavender as a Jolteon makes me lol.
Suger Rush all the way! ^_^

Blitzkrieg: SQueeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Everybody else: -_-;

And, I thought up a name for a new attack for Anuvii!
... Wind Edge.
Well? I wanted Anuvii to still get to use a sword, so I came up with the idea of him charging the foe with a leaf blade wrapped in wind!

Anuvi: :D

Zen: Oh, hell no...

Anuvi: :D :D

Crimson: Anuvi?

Anuvi: :D :D :D

Zen: Arcana?

Arcana: Aw, fudge (proceeds to roast Anuvi with Flamethrower)

Burner: Hey! That's my job!

Crimson: Sorry, Burner. We sorta need him alive for the next chapter...

Bubbles: Like we'd like to take a minute of y'all time to give you the synopsis for the upcoming TCQ Chapter 34: The Living Legend:

Fawna, Anuvi’s sister, had always been a heroine to him as he grew up. Now that he’s come face to face with her on the battlefield, armed with his own lost technique the Yaiba no Hayashi, and Legenido City, Sapph, Haley, Carla and Rubin in danger, Anuvi must make the ultimate choice… and find a way within himself to follow the path he’s chosen.

For more, see The Corei Network

Pyrrhus: ...and now we return to this travesty of a Christmas Special... *sigh*

Mace (ticked off) : Dude... do that again and I will slap you so hard...

Vapor: Yeah, right. With no hands, Mace?

Mace: ...

I TOLD you plant life and Mother Nature would rise up and consume us all! I TOLD Y'ALL!

Vapor: Save us, oh mighty one, lord of the obvious... save us *rolls eyes rudely*

Mace: Vapor, buddy? It wasn't that obvious...

Vapor: Meh.

Anyway, looks like this town is not to be the place to be, with both Light and Shadow descending upon it. Especially with killer tomato Pokemon causing all sorts of trouble.

Ento: Corei doesn't seem to be an ideal holiday spot this year... somebody should have warned them darned tourists...

Hyper JolteonLavender is hyper. And a bit predictable. It's not a problem, just that I saw it coming from a mile away. I will warn not to go overboard on the hyperactiveness, though. An older fic author tried too hard to make certain characters of theirs too hyper, and ultimately it ruined the experience for me. So just don't make her too hyper, and you should be okay

Volt: Yeah. but Jolteon are usually all over the place due to outrageously awesome speed. That's why AD made me a cooler, humbler Jolteon. I hardly ever talk when i appear. I'm all about the battles and keeping things calm between my teammates.

Ciela: O.O

Banyan: ...Whoa. That was the most you've ever said in one go...

ZOMG Anuvi has a sister? And she has his powers? And Zula is her partner. That I did NOT see coming. We move from trainer-trainer drama to Squirrage-Squirrage drama. I can't wait...

Ace: Readers were debriefed on the "Anuvi has a sister" record in Chapter 21... so that shold be no shock.

Zen: She has her powers as Zula is channeling them into her after stealing them from Anuvi.

Crimson: Zula being her partner? Yeah, that was unexpected...she hits harder than Anuvi...

Arcana: fo' shizzle?

Zen: fo' shizzle...

Gold: What's 'drama'?

Bubbles (turns to Tora): Like, is that guy... up there?

Tora: The jury's still out on him, sadly...

Meh, I think both attack names are kinda odd. Naming special, super powered attacks after large American luxury sedans is the new black, don't 'ya know?

Bolt: Sounds wicked! Hey, guys! Think Carla will give me an attack like that?

Milas: Feeee?

Bolt (thoroughly excited now) :We could call it "Nissan Rover that dodge Durango 1980 version degrees!" And then I'll be all like "patooie, patooie, patootootooieee," and everything'll be all "BOOM!!", and they'll be all...

Tora: Oh, Bolt... how do I say this kindly?

Burner: "There's no chance in friggin' hell"?

Tora: Thanks, Burner.

Milas: ...baaaaassss...

Anuvi: Acciaio del Selva and Yaiba no Hayashi both mean Wooden Blade in Latin and Japanese respectively. It's basically a souped up Leaf Blade... only more badass... (sniffles) I miss it so much...

Vapor: I'd play you a violin number, if I had thumbs...

(Vapor get shocked by Bolt)

Lavender: Thanks, Bolt!

Bolt: Anytime.

I'll be looking forward to the next chapter, but be warned that I'll be without internet for the next month. Also, please start PMing me when new chapters come out. I don't check the forums for fic updates anymore unless I get a PM. Thanks.

Zen (looking down a clipboard) :OK, so you'll join Neos345 and SamuraiDragon1 on the PM list... now where's Matt Silver gone?

I like this chapters

Keynid: Why? The Mighty Keynid was only present in one chapter to date!

Lavender: (rolls eyes)

What Happens if Lavender is hit with a type that would make her an undiscovered eeveelution? I am sorry if you already said and i didn't notice.

Lavender: AD actually scripted a reply to this question... *Ahem* It says: " Well, shadowlight, that is a very good question. I first debated this during the Sapph vs. Ricon battle, having Lavender duke it out with Farfetch'd as Sapph's second Pokemon. But with so many Flying alternate Eeveelutions, I couldn't just pick one, for copyright reasons. I mean, there's already Feathreon and Zepheon (awesome designs. I especially liked Feathreon) but even if I am abe to make up an uber cool Eeveelution design for the other nine elements of Eeveelution, what will I call them? Kazeon? Toxeon? Serpeon?"

Ace: You know, to quote Anuvi: 'Those are some pretty sweet names...'

Lavender: Aren't they?

Arcana: Fo' shizzle, sistahs...

I wonder if Anuvi's Sister is being controlled or doing this of her own accord? It sound as if she has free will.

Crimson: I hope she's not... for Anuvi's sake...

Arcana: Like, who's this hoe Fawna, anyways?

Crimson: Anuvi's sister.

Arcana: Fo' Reals?!

I Hope You All Don't Get Eaten By Slugmas(Slugmi, Slugmeese, Slugma)

Mighty: The actual plural form of the species slugma, or the Vocanica gastropodus, which resides in volcanic lava streams and exudes a sheel temperature of 123.09 degrees Centigrade, or 345.435 degrees K, which happens to be a mere 0.08% of it 's core temperature...

Zen: Yo, Might?

Mighty: What is it... entity Zen?

Everybody: SHUT THE HELL UP!

Haley: Egg nog's done!

Anuvi: Finally!

(All Pokemon take swigs in unison)

Anuvi: (Drops glass, his face scrunched up in pain) Guys... I'm feeling deja vu here...

Bubbles: Like, Haley... have you made egg nog before?

Tora: How do I say this?

Burner: "This stuff stinks"?

Tora: Thanks, Burner...

Mace: This ain't egg nog, it's poison!

Keynid: The mighty Keynid shall not degrade himself to drink this swill...

Lavender: Anii... my stomach hurts...

Cloude and Gold: Whoa... like everything's purply and spinning, man...

Seemore: Like, totally...

Crimson: 0_o... where do these extras pop up from?

Arcana: Like, y'all crazy, Haley?!

Banyan: I'm da Christmas Turkey, Y'all!

Tyrus: Pink pretty dinosaurs! This stinks!

Volt: Urgh...

Pyrrhus: So, this is nausea... dark, yet the purgatory effect is so... scintillating...

Vapor: Haley can't cook? The world's gone mad...

Ciela: That's ghastly!

Ento (turns green) : ...

Mighty: Acidity level at titanic levels.. experiencing second degree corrsion and decaaaay...

Blitzkrieg: More, please!

Everybody: -__-;;

(A man with a belly shakin' like da jelly in a bright red suit and snow white beard walks in...)

Everybody: Hey, It's Santa Claus!

Anuvi: Do Pokemon believe in Santa Claus?

Crimson: *Shrugs*

Santa: HO HO HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Haley: Egg nog?

Everybody: NO!

Santa: HO HO HO! Why, thank you! (Takes a swig)

Lavender: Santa's gonna die, isn't he, Anii?

Anuvi: Looks like it...

Santa: HO HO... HOLY CRAP! (Passes out!)

Bubbles: Like, Oh my gosh! Haley, like, killed Santa!

Gold: Who's Santa?

Everybody else: o_0;;;

***​

AD: Hope you enjoyed that... So to all

HAPPY HANUKKAH/ CHRISTMAS/ KWANZAA!

...and to all free turkey!

L@er!

Last edited:

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Yay! Another Q and A session!
Wait... What happend to Haley's cooking skills?
Blitzkrieg: More, please!

)_( Dude, you are... How do I put this politly...

Someone I don't know: A f***ing retard.

Me: Are you related to Burner?

Anyway, the Ice dog? Kefal... I think that was his name... He's crazy. He's worse than Zen ever was... Speaking of which, Zen is now one of my fave charaters, along with Anuvii, Lav, Crimson...
Ya, pretty much anyone besides Kefal... (Yes, that includes Burner... But only because he threatened me, on pain of Death, to include me in the list)

Oh, Add me to the PM list!

See Ya Later! *Goes to Corei Quest website*

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Okay, Air Dragon, you sick bast, here is my review...

Opening her eyes sharply, the gold and white was replaced with a shining neon green light as her dreadlocks sprouted thorns and elongated from her skull into the ground, green light tracing their path which led straight into the woods that surrounded the chalet-filled valley.
Easily the best lines in the chapter, nice imagery.

She dropped to her knees in shock as her vision began to fade. Staring up unseeingly into her assailant’s merciless gaze, he went on in the same soft voice, seemingly unperturbed; as though shooting people was in his genes, “For your crimes against man and alleging yourself with Pokémon to carry out your acts of darkness, the Light brings you... salvation.”
These Light people seem more dangerous than Team Shadow...now they're going after ex-operatives... scary. *shudders*

I find the "recycling of energy" concept fairly interesting...you've put a lot of thought into this, haven't you, AD? ;]

And LOL@Sapph not knowing that Milotic=the face of the Beauty Contests.

Some good interaction between the characters, oh and like Anuvi's sister, I find Yaiba no Hayashi to be a lame name P: I quite like Acciaio del Selva better! :D Speaking of Anuvi's sister...wut? Anuvi has a sister!?

Good chapter - and nice special!

Come out with something soon or I'll murk you.