• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Corsola Caper! (215)

Zamin

The Corsola names were weird, the dubbers should have used better names for them

I thought it was funny, it was ike that advert that used to be on TV where the guy got a new job and loads of them had similar names lol

It's nice to see Misty getting herself a Corsola ...... After all, she wanted to catch a Corsola for a long time

Agreed :D

zhixun

Finally Kasumi got another Pokémon and she caught it through a battle. This is another time to have a Pokémon that was caught in Lure Ball. I wished that they can use other types of monster ball to catch Pokémon in the future. Sunnygo is cute and I would like to see Kasumi use it more at later battles.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Its kinda baffling that this was the only capture Misty made for the entire span of Johto. I mean out of a 156 episode arc, Misty only captures 1 new Pokemon? On top of that look at the placement of this episode, there were only roughly 50 or so Johto episodes after this one, and most of them were Ash-centric, so we didn't get to see it much either. Why did they not have her capture this Pokemon earlier in the series, or more than one Pokemon?

Its quite shocking when you realize Misty only made one capture for an entire arc like Johto. I don't know what the writers had against Misty capturing Pokemon especially when there were other Johto pokemon like Wooper or Chinchou she could have gotten.

Zamin

Haha, now you put it like that, it is kinda crazy but I guess she does have Togepi who is a Johto Pokemon.

Now Misty knows how it feels when she pulls Brocks ear all the time. :)
Meowth said the second blast off in the episode was their 500th. Technically, that one would have been the 501st one.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really liked seeing all the jewelry made from Corsola coral, especially that crown that Jessie stole. Speaking of which, her little fantasy scene was funny, and seeing Brock pull Misty's ear made me shriek as well. I was surprised when Misty caught Corsola in her Lure Ball instead of a normal Poke Ball, but at least it's continuity.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This was a pretty great episode for Misty. I found the reverse pulling ear gag hilarious in this along with Misty's fangirling. Team Rocket slightly annoyed me in this episode, but I found James' Victreebel attacking him gag hilarious as well. The battle between Misty's Polywhirl and Corsola was good as well. I loved that she caught such a cute Pokemon. 10/10

p96822

Evolve me please
I review this episode I think last year but I want to say something difference then my first review on it.

This one of weakeness of Misty always had in this season of being too in love with water Pokemon that she doesn't cares about anything else. For an example for this behavior is when Corsola tackled Psyduck and Misty not caring that Corsola attacked her Pokemon. Even though the episode said that it tackles Pokemon to show affection, it still very rude to do that to people or Pokemon. I wished that Corsola said it was sorry for tackling the other Corsola out of their home. It was Misty's Corsola fault that this happen in the first place.

The rest of the episode is really boring and be called filler. The only thing that made laugh was Brock pulling Misty's ear twice and maybe it also the second Brock did this when it for a Rock/Water type Pokemon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I review this episode I think last year but I want to say something difference then my first review on it.

This one of weakeness of Misty always had in this season of being too in love with water Pokemon that she doesn't cares about anything else. For an example for this behavior is when Corsola tackled Psyduck and Misty not caring that Corsola attacked her Pokemon. Even though the episode said that it tackles Pokemon to show affection, it still very rude to do that to people or Pokemon. I wished that Corsola said it was sorry for tackling the other Corsola out of their home. It was Misty's Corsola fault that this happen in the first place.

The rest of the episode is really boring and be called filler. The only thing that made laugh was Brock pulling Misty's ear twice and maybe it also the second Brock did this when it for a Rock/Water type Pokemon.

It can't be called a filler episode since a character caught a Pokemon here.

pokemon fan 132

This one of weakeness of Misty always had in this season of being too in love with water Pokemon that she doesn't cares about anything else. For an example for this behavior is when Corsola tackled Psyduck and Misty not caring that Corsola attacked her Pokemon.

I donpt consider this as weakness. They were traveling through Whirl Islands archipelago filled with all kind of new water pokemon never seen before. For water trainer like Misty who has deep love and appreciaton for this specie it was completely natural and within character to be enthusiastic about them. Especially since she never saw many such as Corsola before.

Not to mention your exaggerating. Just because she was pumped up over catching Corsola does not mean Misty put this over safety of her friends and others.
With Ash and Brock well being always being her first priority and than anything else. This was proved countless times when Brock was sick, Ash wandered alone in danger with Misty not wanting to wait suggesting to look out for him etc, etc).

I wished that Corsola said it was sorry for tackling the other Corsola out of their home. It was Misty's Corsola fault that this happen in the first place.

Misty cannot be responsible for actions of wild pokemon. During time Corsola rammed into other pokemon it wasn't even her pokemon.

The rest of the episode is really boring and be called filler.

I noticed based on your reviews on pretty much any Misty focused episode how you consider them "boring and pointless". I wont get into that since its matter of personal preference of what will entertain you or deliver excitement. Or wont.

With Misty personality and interests simply not being your cup of tea.

However this episode wasn't filler. Since Misty caught new pokemon and we saw some character development for her in becoming more determined than ever before of achievng her goal of becoming water pokemon master. This can be notioced when others expressed doubts over Misty suceeding to catch strongest Corsola on that island; with Misty reply being" "if i ever want to become wazer pokemon master i know i have to catch this Corsola". In oither words her message was how she cannot give up easily and let first bump stop her.

In general whole Whirl islands served purpose of Misty sorting prioritires and what she wants to accomplish as water pokemon trainer.

This was only further conmfirmed after losng in Whirl Cup knowing she still has long way to go and reassuring her belief of not choosing wrong path to walk upon. Saying she came to realization how she loves water pokemon more than any other.

p96822

Evolve me please
I don't like Misty's Colsorla because it doesn't said it sorry for all the trouble it cause to all the other Corsola. If that happen then I wouldn't harp on it. The only reason why I said that being in love with water Pokemon to much is because it can get annoying at time and Misty did scolded Corsola for tackling Psyduck. Also Misty wasn't being considerate for her Pokemon getting hit like that.

I should have said that the finding the Corsola and the Team Rocket plot were more filler. I didn't mean to call this episode filler I was saying that the rest of the episode felt like a filler plot that Pokemon would have done.

JudySpell

Banned
Misty was obsessed with Corsola back when she first saw one so I'm glad that she finally caught one here. I liked its use of Mirror Coat and Recover. 8/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ha ha Misty getting her ear pulled was funny and the home that was built on a Corsola nest reminded me of Pacifidlog town. I'm just glad that Misty finally used her Lure Ball and caught herself a Corsola. :D

Gillachu

Banned
Lol, so people could use Corsola horns as jewelry? I honestly don't think Misty even deserved Corsola, but whatever. ;)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I honestly don't think Misty even deserved Corsola, but whatever. ;)

But she hadn't caught a single pokemon in Johto, so Corsola was fair game. I thought Corsola's recovery skill and Mirror Coat attack were a good reason for Misty to catch it any ways.

How odd that Misty still had her Lure Ball even though she used it before. My favorite moment was when Misty fought the wild Corsola and won. :)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Thank God, we got to see Misty catch a Corsola and add another Water Pokemon to her team. I loved the scenes with Brock pulling Misty off by the ear it was a nice change of pace lol.

ZilverLox

Banned
I'm glad that Misty was finally able to catch a Corsola and I liked the Corsola horn art too. I also liked Mika's and Andrea's dresses, they both looked very pretty in them and this is one of the few times where I've been impressed on how the animators made the COTD's look. Oh and the scenes with Misty kicking the cable and Brock was pulling her away were hilarious. Overall, this was one of the better Master Quest episodes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This episode featured one of the rare occasions of Koduck being helpful, as we saw when he pointed out Mika on the escaped houseboat. Musashi liking the Sunnygo for their jewelry was predictable since she loves luxury, and after all the teases and foreshadowing, Kasumi finally captured her very own Sunnygo.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Wait so Corsola pieces could be made into jewelry? That sounds so morbid. When Misty caught Corsola I was happy because she needed a new Water Pokemon.