• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Council of Middle-Earth (and Hobbit enthusiasts alike) Club v.1

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
THIS IS A CLUB FOR ALL TOLKEIN CONTENT. THIS IS: THE LORD OF THE RINGS CLUB

Leader: THEIRONDONUT

Co-leader: Prof.Oak

Well, here we are, fellow wanderers of middle earth, and you who have journeyed through the Hobbit, and on through the chronicles of the ring, bring you to the rest in your journey.

Here it is.

A haven for your broken dreams and disappointment at the ending of the great trilogy on the big screen. However, you can reassume your LoTR following hearts, and after assuming permission from King Aragorn, Lady Galadriel, The almighty White Wizard Gandalf, Elf Master Elrond, Ringbearer Frodo and Bilbo Baggins, and the surprisingly friendly Gollum (only tried to maim me several times) I have all the permission I need, to create a summons for the avid followers of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and all Tolkien's Middle-Earth related adventures. However, joining this cause requires a sign-up form to be filled, and sent to Erebore, for confirmation by the king of the lonely mountain, Thorin Oakensheild (Age has always been kind to him)

But more of that later. Here is what we have to offer YOU as a member:

:A place to discuss LoTR:

:Info on the latest LoTR stuff:

:A place to submit artwork and ideas for LoTR related stuff:

:Information on where you can find the follow up to Return of The King:

and much much more!

also, we have inter-club clans, that we use to group people when hosting club events, like Wi-fi tournaments on pokemon (for those that like LoTR and Pokemon gasp!!!!)
So that is that sorted, and here is the sign-up form:
(here are my details as an example)

Username: THEIRONDONUT

Why do you like Tolkien's Work/The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit:

It really appeals to me, the writing is clever, and a (good) challenge to read. I watched The Fellowship at the age of about 9, and even though I was terrified of Gollum's torture, I still loved it. I find the films brilliant, not just the plots, but the sheer amazingness of the filming, the CGI, and the camera angles, the sets, the places and the stratagems and secrets that the outstanding plot writers, producers and directors conceived. I think the whole concept of the films and Tolkien's work is a just enough cause to bring together people to celebrate one of the greatest phenomenons of our time, up there and possibly higher than Harry Potter, and other numerous awesome books and film franchises that none of you would care to read

Who is your favourite character:

This is a big toughie. I adore Frodo, Gandalf and Aragorn, and even though Boromir is a giant Oliphant's rear, I find him admirable from the end of Moria onwards, and especially/right up to his death. also, the awesome Gollum/Andy Serkis is phenomenally brilliant. However, I think it is a tie, between Gimli and Legolas, as I love their Characters. I prefer Gimli's compassion and loveable scottish personality, and Legolas' brilliant one-liners, and pure awesome moves, as well as him keeping his cool (except at the beginning of the seige of Helms deep) and his dreamy hair... I also love the rivalry between them, which sets me at a tie-breaker. But I also adore all the main hobbits, but those two are possibly my favourite. (NOTE: they can be characters from any LoTR book/film/other)

Have you read any of the books: I have read 55% of The Fellowship of the Ring, and I am almost finished reading the Hobbit for my second time. I really want to finish the LoTR trilogy, as well as reading the Silmarilion books, as I really want to see what has happened to Gandalf, Bilbo and Frodo after they depart from Middle-Earth. (I also hear that Sam and Gimli make it to the west as well in it!)

What is your Favourite Poster from the Hobbit: I like the one with Gandalf by the path in it the most, as it brings back much nostalgia. I also like the one with Martin Freeman holding sting, and the individual character poster of Gloin (mainly because of Gimli)

What will your club name be: My Club name will be... hmm..... I'll go with Bilbo Baggins, and I am reserving Gandalf for a while, for personal reasons.

Which Clan do you belong to: Well, I can't be a hobbit and Not Belong to the Hobbits now, can I? So, The Leader of The Hobbits.

Colour:...Green?
I will elect clan leaders when I deem someone fit. The clans are interchangable, as people may want to belong to either Orcs, Wizards, Men, Elves, Dwarves or Monsters (which include cave trolls, Nazgul, Gollum, and all the other dark creatures of the land) but I will write down clans in the list below, to confirm.

Note: Club name usually determines Clan, but I may be able to make one or two alterations to the rule

Well, I hope you would like to sign-up, as we have a lot to talk about! (The Hobbit, and other new LoTR stuff)

Clans:

The Hobbits:
Leader: THEIRONDONUT/Bilbo Baggins

Co-Leader: unchosen

Members: (1)
1. THEIRONDONUT

The Elves
Leader: currently undecided

Co-leader: None

1. Coyote_Dynamo

The Dwarves
Leader: Speculating

Co-leader: Unknown

1. Dead Advocate

The Men
None yet, will be updated when members of this Clan apply

The Wizards
Leader: Prof.Oak/Gandalf the White

Co-leader: Unchosen

1. Prof.Oak

The Servants of Sauron
None yet, will be updated when members of this Clan apply

Members:
1. THEIRONDONUT - Bilbo Baggins
2. Prof.Oak - Gandalf the White
3. Dead Advocate - (Gimli?)
4. Coyote_Dynamo
...more numbers will be added with more accepted applicants.

Well, here we are. I hope you join the club, as we have lots to discuss and legends to be written! Peace guys, Hobbit out xxx :)

Last edited:

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
Well, here is my allowed bump Post. I hope more members join us soon, I think this club has potential. SO sign up please! :)

Prof.Oak

Why do you like Tolkien's Work/The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit: I Like Tolkien's work because of the amount of detail. He even made up a whole new language for the elves, and has created a precise new world without any gaps. One can literally know it as much as our one :)

Who is your favourite character: Probably Legolas, because he is just so awesome.

Have you read any of the books: I have read the Hobbit, and have started the fellowship.

What is your Favourite Poster from the Hobbit: Not a real poster, but the one in my Hobbit annual where Gandalf is holding Glamdring.

What will your club name be: Gandalf :D

Which Clan do you belong to: WIZARDS!

Colour: White for gandalf the white

I will elect clan leaders when I deem someone fit. The clans are interchangable, as people may want to belong to either Orcs, Wizards, Men, Elves, Dwarves or Monsters (which include cave trolls, Nazgul, Gollum, and all the other dark creatures of the land) but I will write down clans in the list below, to confirm.

Note: Club name usually determines Clan, but I may be able to make one or two alterations to the rule

Well, I hope you would like to sign-up, as we have a lot to talk about! (The Hobbit, and other new LoTR stuff)

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
Finally you sign up! Yeah, Gandalf, Grey or white, is all yours. Welcome to the club mate, I'll put you down as gandalf, welcome to the council of middle earth! so... what do you want to talk about? XD

Accepted, welcome Gandalf the White

Prof.Oak

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
It is a demon from the ancient world, who broke through to ours when the dwarves mined into a supposed gateway, allowing it to middle earth. Why do you ask?

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Why do you like Tolkien's Work/The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit: Tolkien practically invented the entire high fantasy genre. Without him, The Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, WarCraft, Warhammer Fantasy, and a story idea I have probably wouldn't exist. Not to mention the sheer amounts of lore and history.

Who is your favourite character: Gandalf. He's quite human, despite being an Istari wizard.

Have you read any of the books: I've read The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring, and am about half-way through The Two Towers. However, my sluggish reading pace, my dad always taking the book (we have the 1965 collector's edition), and my own literary priorities interfere with my reading of the story.

What is your Favourite Poster from the Hobbit: All of them.

What will your club name be: Do I really need one? I don't see anything wrong my own.

Which Clan do you belong to: Dwarves

Colour: Red

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
Hmm.... Everyone needs a club name, its kinda our trademark. How do you feel about Gimli? Anywho, I suppose I could induct you, your credentials all seem to be in order, so yeah,Accepted.. Welcome Dead Advocate/Gimli to our fold. Would you like to be a clan leader? This will require constant vigilance to your clan mind, so if you're a busy dwarf, I'd advise against :)

Prof.Oak

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
Ok then, thanks. Yes Gandalf, I've seen it... :)

Right, time to start questions and stuff (excuse the double post)

There has been news that James McAvoy (X-Men: First Class (Xavier)) has said that if there is a silmarilion movie(s) then he would like to see Gandalf. The big Q is: Who wants to see a silmarilion movie? I do for sure, but do you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Prof.Oak

http://http://www.thesilmarillionmovie.com/ Here is a good website about it...

YES, they should. I don't think they should let this whole new world Tolkien has created be credited to just the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and the Hobbit (although they are the main books). Although if they did, there would be loads of noobs, (like josh- to THEIRONDONUT) that will think it is awesome when they haven't even read it.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Of course I think there should be a Silmarillion film. Not much to add though, I'd rather wait until The Hobbit Trilogy is done, and then wait a few more years after that.

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
Yep, that seems the way to go. WHo would play who though? post your cast Ideas. I can't really see James McAvoy playing Gandalf, but it would be interesting, I can't lie. I would have Elijah wood for frodo, and for bilbo... It would be interesting if Freeman played Bilbo, but used prosthetics or CGI to make him look more... aged. I think Gimli and sam should stay as they are though. But what would your DREAM Silmarilion cast line-up be? Mine:

Elijah Wood: Frodo
Alex Pettyfer: Sam
Hugh Jackman: Gimli (sad to lose the scottish though :()
David Tennant: Gandalf (This would just be awesome :))
Morgan Freeman: Morgan Freeman
Andy Serkis: Gollum (just felt that they should send gollum to the west, in like an ambulance... for burn surgery XD)

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
I can't say yet, because I still haven't read The Silmarillion. I know the gist of it because of my dad and A Tolkien Bestiary, but that's it. Heck, I still haven't finished The Two Towers; Ted Dekker gets in the way, as does Rick Riordan. I'll make my casting wishlist after I've read the book.

Prof.Oak

Hey Guys, Gandalf the White here,
THEIRONDONUT is currently going through problems with his internet, so he will not be able to lead the club for the time being. Therefore he has appointed me to just make sure that the thread goes Okay.
Cheers

Dreamy

Username: Coyote_Dynamo

Why do you like Tolkien's Work/The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit: I first read The Fellowship from my Middle School library back in '01 or '02 in the 6th grade and I fell in love with it. I had seen the movie just prior to that and then decided to read the rest of the trilogy before the other two movies released. The Universe he created is so deep and complex, it just draws you in. The characters are so rich and full of life as if they could come right off the page, you really start to feel like you know them. His prose is strong and masterful with tons of flavor.

Who is your favourite character: This is a tough one, I would have to go with Meriadoc Brandybuck (Merry) as far as the actor portraying a character, because Dominic is such a fascinating person. As far as character, I would have to go with Gandalf, who doesn't like an awesome wizard.

Have you read any of the books: I have read the Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Hobbit, and I'm working on some of the lost tales and the Silmarillion.

What is your Favourite Poster from the Hobbit: probably this one
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz6cq_tD7bQ0-u_AT3Y4qi2dtdb7kI1WOo6EaQUdUyTUtVu9I9Kw

What will your club name be: just call me Coyote

Which Clan do you belong to: Elf

Colour.....? Grey I suppose or silver

Last edited:

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
Welcome to our fold Coyote, and to all things tolkein! yes, I am back. And I am ready to do some serious tolkeining :) now, do you want to be a club leader? (i wouldn't if you happen to be a busy little elf)

EDIT: Also, could you please consider taking up a LoTR nickname, as it kinda symbolises the group, EVEN if you don't want us to use it in posts, it just helps with ID and whatnot

EDIT2: Welcome to our fold Coyote_Dynamo, please everyone make him feel welcome :)

Last edited:

Colt45

Cobalt
Username: Colt45

Why do you like Tolkien's Work/The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit: Just.. everything about it, the characters, the DEEPLY imagined world complete with history and languages, I love the scope and scale of it, I love the scenery in the movies. Truly, Lord of the Rings is my favorite franchise, even surpassing Pokemon, Halo, Star Wars and The Walking Dead.

Who is your favourite character: Where to even begin? There are so many good ones. I like Bilbo Baggins because he proves that no matter how small you are, you can always accomplish big things with hard work, bravery, and perseverance. I also love Gimli and Legolas for the comic relief they bring, and Borimir, for having one of the most emotional last-stand scenes ever. Then there's Gandalf, who no one can dislike. His wisdom and sorcery are always fun to watch. But of all these, and more, I'd have to say Aragorn is my favorite, because, well , he's Aragorn,

Have you read any of the books: I've The Hobbit twice, and a little bits and pieces of all three of the main trilogy.

What is your Favourite Poster from the Hobbit: The one with Gandalf walking down the grassy path, for the same reasons you said.

What will your club name be: Let's just go with Colt.

Which clan do you belong to: The Men

Colour: I don't know what you mean lol, I guess green.

Last edited:

Colt45

Cobalt
Also, it seems as though the discussion has dried up, allow me to refresh it. A few days ago, I got The Silmillarion, and I'm just wondering what to expect, as I don't really understand it. Does it have a plot and characters like the other LOTR books and movies or is it some kind of encyclopedia which is what I kind of gathered. However, earlier in this thread, I saw you guys speculating about a possible Silmarillion movie, and I was confounded as to how an encyclopedia could turn into a movie XD. So yeah, what should I expect this book to be?