• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Counter Index

Zachmac

Yeah, but it's not a guide. Build it, it will work, I'd probably use it, but it's nowhere going to be reliable as you think.

Plus, IMO, you should chart the repurcussions of what those random occurances do, as when that Focus Miss doesn't hit TTar or your Dragonite get's Crit'd, most people need to make sure they can deal with it, not just hope. Although that would be really hard, it would give us a better tool. ...Speaking of tools, if you have scripting experience, Smogon would appreciate. Lol.

Maybe in this situation, the points should be multiplied by the accuracy. If it got ten points, but only because of focus blast, you could get 7 points instead, since 10x0.7=7.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Maybe in this situation, the points should be multiplied by the accuracy. If it got ten points, but only because of focus blast, you could get 7 points instead, since 10x0.7=7.

You guys are missing the point. This is about the pokemon you can count on to counter threats. Accuracy doesn't change the fact that in a match between Mienshao and Tornadus, Mienshao should switch out! It doesn't matter that Hurricane has a 30% chance of missing; no smart trainer would count on that, and any sane battler would have the sense to switch out. This is about countering and forcing switches, so as long as the move OHKOs, the accuracy is near-insignificant.

This is also why I deliberately eliminated from the list all effect chances, critical hits, and other variables like how many times bullet seed hits (always assume 5, IMO). It's true that chance changes the tide of battle, but that's not at all what this is trying to accomplish.

Aggron459

Aron Is Beast
I will worship you if you successfully complete this project. It will take time, but there are a few minor flaws about it as stated in previous posts that you may want to overlook. Best of luck!

PokeMaster366

You guys are missing the point. This is about the pokemon you can count on to counter threats. Accuracy doesn't change the fact that in a match between Mienshao and Tornadus, Mienshao should switch out! It doesn't matter that Hurricane has a 30% chance of missing; no smart trainer would count on that, and any sane battler would have the sense to switch out. This is about countering and forcing switches, so as long as the move OHKOs, the accuracy is near-insignificant.

This is also why I deliberately eliminated from the list all effect chances, critical hits, and other variables like how many times bullet seed hits (always assume 5, IMO). It's true that chance changes the tide of battle, but that's not at all what this is trying to accomplish.

You speak the truth. As far as I see, 90% accuracy and 70% accuracy both mean the same thing: there's a chance for either move to miss. The accuracy numbers are always a lie; that's the rule of thumb I follow. Most of your good battlers always battle under the assumption that luck will never be with them. No random crits, their moves doing the minimum damage all the time while their opponent's moves do the max, none of your moves' secondary effects will work until too late, things like that.