• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The crack shippings thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Some of my favorite crack ships
- Mockshipping (Paul x Ursula)
- FourthWheelShipping (Max x Bonnie)
- Shockingshipping (Volkner x Elesa)
- Nate x May (idk what the ship name is)
- Red x White (again, dk what the ship name is)

Oh wow, I like this one too! Volkner and Elesa are pretty much equal to each other and their not bad standing together either! :) This also just reminded me that I love KamikaShipping (Elesa/Jasmine). xD lol!

How would be the child of your crack shipping?

The only one I've ever really thought of was a love child for Volkner and Jasmine... I can see them with a single child, a boy. He'll probably more like his mother in certain areas (humble and polite), but because he idolizes and envies his father, the boy will often try to be cool and in control of his emotions. However, he can't hold the act for long periods of time because he's as expressive as Jasmine; the only difference is, he'll probably get over his embarrassment a lot faster than his mother. He will also be a little stubborn (like both his parents) and often tries his best to fix a problem by himself without asking for him. The boy will appreciate both Steel and Electric-types, but he has a higher affinity for the latter; his first Pokemon being a Shinx (which in a further headcanon, is the offspring of Volkner's Luxray). He will be a hard-worker in training his Pokemon to live up to the legacy his parents left as Gym Leaders, and one day, he hopes to succeed the Sunyshore Gym. I should also mention that he is very much loved by the Sunyshore Gym Trainers and he has a very close relationship with Meghan (who was the PokeKid Trainer) who he sees as a big sister. Not too sure what he would look like, but I could see him inheriting what used to be Jasmine's brown hair and blue eyes from her GSC design. He'd probably have Volkner's spiky hair. Not sure about clothes, but I could probably see his theme color being light blue and silver. Haha.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
How am I just noticing this thread now? I just love crack pairing, they are just a ton of fun to ship, if you ask me.

So, I have to join this thread.

Why do you ship crack shippings in Pokémon?

Like I said above, I have always found crack ships to be fun to ship, to be honest. I'm definitely a sucker for ships between characters when it's likely they'll ever get together and yes, I know it's unlikely we'll ever see a ship on Pokemon ever get together but it's always fun to speculate what their relationship would be like and, in the case of never-met ships, how their first time meeting would play out.

That's why I support some crack ships.

I do support a few of them. My favorite one is definitely Comashipping (it does count as crack ship to me). Ash and Paul's rivalry was just so heated that it's hard for me to ship them together.

Aside from Coma, I do support some other crack ships and I'll list them below.

• Hypershipping (Barry x Bianca)
  • Mockshipping (Paul x Ursula)
  • LongTianshipping (Lance x Skyla)
  • Atmossshipping (Falkner x Skyla)
  • Alexandrianshipping (Volkner x Jasmine)
  • Shockingshipping (Volkner x Elesa)
  • Concedeshipping (Nate x May)

Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

You couldn't think of Othelloshipping right off the bat?! How could you!? :(

Kidding! :D Anyway, Why do I ship crack shippings?

Technically, when it comes to deciding which ships to support, I primarily go for ships in which I think the two would go well together, whether it's crack or not. I ship a number of crack ships because based on what I see in a good ship, I found some that meet my criteria. The best example of course is Othelloshipping! Ash and Hilda fit together perfectly :D Sorry Serena, but not even you can compete with Hilda!

Last edited:

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
You couldn't think of Othelloshipping right off the bat?! How could you!? :(

Darn, I knew I was forgetting a ship.

I love Othelloshipping and this is pairing is constantly overlooked. I don't know how I forgot about it. Don't kill me, please.

I can't answer the topic about the child so it's hard to say.

What is your favorite crack shipping and why?

My favorite crack shipping is definitely Mockshipping. This is the only shipping involving Paul that I actually did rather like from the moment Ursula was introduced. To me, Paul and Ursula are just so alike, personality wise, it's hard for me not to ship them together. I can definitely see them together, to be honest. I always like to speculate how their first meeting would end up playing out.

Besides Mock, I also support Othello. Sorry, I forgot about this one. I love Hilda and I can definitely see her and Ash together. What more can I say? I don't know.

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
Satoshi & Touko, I still can't believe they didn't add her in the BW anime and instead put Iris. She would totally make that anime 100% better than it already is. Though I would totally ship PaulxHilda (I'm crazy like dat) and AshxSerena fits better to me than your view (Coming from a biast amourshipper :p)

Anyway, Othelloshipping is one of my crack ships as well as BrockxBonnie (If Bonnie was a lot older, because in its current state it would look WEIRD) The reason being is because they are probably the less oblivious people in Pokemon!

Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko, I still can't believe they didn't add her in the BW anime and instead put Iris. She would totally make that anime 100% better than it already is. Though I would totally ship PaulxHilda (I'm crazy like dat) and AshxSerena fits better to me than your view (Coming from a biast amourshipper :p)

Anyway, Othelloshipping is one of my crack ships as well as BrockxBonnie (If Bonnie was a lot older, because in its current state it would look WEIRD) The reason being is because they are probably the less oblivious people in Pokemon!

I actually can't guarantee that I would still support Othelloshipping if Hilda appeared in the anime. I have a very specific idea of what Hilda's personality would be like and if she was in the anime and she had a personality that was completely different from what I imagined...

Edit: By the way, I'm an Amourshipper too. Serena likes Ash for the right kind of reason :)

Last edited:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
  • Hypershipping (Barry x Bianca)
  • Mockshipping (Paul x Ursula)
  • LongTianshipping (Lance x Skyla)
  • Atmossshipping (Falkner x Skyla)
    [*]Alexandrianshipping (Volkner x Jasmine)
    [*]Shockingshipping (Volkner x Elesa)
  • Concedeshipping (Nate x May)

...We should be friends. lol In any case, since we have options at the top, does anyone want to share any fanfic/videos/banners? I'm guessing they have to be made by you and were done recently. That way, when BubChan's here, she can add things to the first post for this thread! :)

Here's another question: Besides any obvious factors (ie: different canons, characters living in different regions, age differences, etc.), is there anything that could prevent your crack ships from ever happening/staying together?

Choosing just one of my crack ships for the moment, SteelCareShipping: I feel that Jasmine wouldn't be able to handle the pressures that come with the fame that Steven normally deals with on a daily basis (being Champion, the son of a company president, etc.). She would probably feel as if she has no more privacy despite the two's efforts to keep much of their relationship away from the public. Steven in turn would feel stressed from trying to keep Jasmine's happiness; as well as making time for both his hobbies and spending time with Jasmine as he's more of the travelling type between the two of them. I would say that their relationship would have been the sweetest in the beginning before being an extra hurdle down the line since they come from two different backgrounds; and eventually, they'd probably agree that they are better off as friends than lovers.

...Though in another headcanon of mine, they could definitely pull through that.

ej02

Australia Amourship
Hmm interesting crack shippings, nice there are some I like and some I dislike I think max and bonnie would be cute but there are pleanty crack shippings to go round like geekchickshipping or other ones I cant remember so yeah nice thread

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ I wouldn't consider GeekChicShipping crack since they have canon interaction. If anything, I'd consider it a rare ship instead. ;P

Xadhoom

Xerbian Mutant
Huh... well, this topic sounds fascinating... I'll give it a go.

• Blue/Mewtwo
  • Steven/Cynthia
  • Sabrina/Lorelei
  • Sabrina/Mewtwo
  • Brock/Roxanne (PokeSpeverse only)
  • N/Yellow
  • Volkner/Elesa
  • Elesa/Lt Surge
  • Volkner/Lt Surge
  • Volkner/Elesa/Lt Surge

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Hmm interesting crack shippings, nice there are some I like and some I dislike I think max and bonnie would be cute but there are pleanty crack shippings to go round like geekchickshipping or other ones I cant remember so yeah nice thread

I'm siding with MonMonCandie. I don't consider GeekChicshipping a crack ship or a rare either. I always thought a crackship was a ship involving two characters who haven't met and Serena and Clemont have. On top of that, GeekChic may not be as popular as Amour but it does have canon interactions between Clemont and Serena.

Besides any obvious factors (ie: different canons, characters living in different regions, age differences, etc.), is there anything that could prevent your crack ships from ever happening/staying together?

On the too of my head, I don't think there is. The only way I can see a crack ship not happening is if the two characters really do not like each other. Like with Mockshipping for example. I can definitely see Ursula and Paul not liking each other. Ursula probably would not want to admit that she and Paul are alike and probably would not like Paul. They would definitely argue, that goes without saying.

That's all I can really think of now.

Terry93D

(Warning: As I do not know names for various pairs, I'm going to make names up).

RollingMossShipping -- Brendan & Paul
YoungTreeShipping -- Professor Elm & Professor Birch
SalientIdealismShipping -- Red & N. Gropus
WellIfYouPutItThatWayShipping -- Cynthia & Giovanni

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
^ Just to let you know, if you're not sure about the name of a ship, you can always go here and ask what the name of a ship is. You'll definitely get an answer.

That being said, I don't know if anyone of those ships have names. I can look it up.

xEryChan

Demon Child
(Warning: As I do not know names for various pairs, I'm going to make names up).

RollingMossShipping -- Brendan & Paul
YoungTreeShipping -- Professor Elm & Professor Birch
SalientIdealismShipping -- Red & N. Gropus
WellIfYouPutItThatWayShipping -- Cynthia & Giovanni

Cynthia & Giovanni is InvitationOnlyShipping and Professor Elm & Professor Birch is SamaraShipping.

The other two do appear to be unnamed so if you want to name those ships, visit the What's This Ship Called thread and post your suggestions there.

Any questions, feel free to message me.

Last edited:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Whelp, I'm suddenly into DarksideShipping (Volkner/Morty) more than before. Thank you, fanart. lol
I already had this idea that they get along fairly well since they both have best friends who are more outgoing than them (Eusine to Morty as Flint is to Volkner), so I guess I can see them being a little similar to each other.

BubChan

Wonderwall
FrenchRoseShipping (Drew/Serena) is now one of my favorite pairings, in youtube, everyone calls it "RomanticShipping", that's actually Drew/Serena/May, I like the name but, I hate when people don't search for the shipping name and create another shipping name, claming that is the original one, if the shipping name is not on the site, then is not oficial, but I shall talk about the ship, right? They fit a lot! Actually, almost all drew crack pairings fits xD, I need to find more fanfics and fanarts from this couple

MonMonCandie, you got me into DarkSideShipping because of the name, omg xD They really look like brothers right?

Actully, GeekChic is not a crack pair, they had canon interaction, if you want to discuss them, go to the GeekChic thread, I believe that thread is still open

^ I wouldn't consider GeekChicShipping crack since they have canon interaction. If anything, I'd consider it a rare ship instead. ;P

GeekChic is not even rare, it's actually one of the most popular Pokémon XY anime ship, If she/he likes it, she should go to the GeekChic thread, right? xD

Last edited:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
MonMonCandie, you got me into DarkSideShipping because of the name, omg xD They really look like brothers right?

LOL! Sometimes, I'll like a ship because of its ship name, but this one I've liked before I even knew what it was. xD I would say yes, but then we'd have to say every blonde-haired person in the Pokemon universe are somehow related. :p Though I won't deny any potential bromance that Volkner and Morty can have; I'd welcome it!

GeekChic is not even rare, it's actually one of the most popular Pokémon XY anime ship, If she/he likes it, she should go to the GeekChic thread, right? xD

Huh... Then I guess I'm looking in all the wrong places because I rarely see it. lol Then again, just yesterday I found a ficlet of GeekChic on Tumblr, so I guess it isn't as rare as I thought!

BubChan

Wonderwall
I will never let this die, Crack Shippings need to live FOREVER, but I think that we should ask more questions here, to call more and more crack shippers, Now, is time for the hardest question for a Crack Shipper, We all know that crack shippings never had any canon interaction, so, the question is this:

If you had the chance to Choose ONE crack pairing to have a canon Interaction, which pairing would you choose?

Satoshi & Touko

I will never let this die, Crack Shippings need to live FOREVER, but I think that we should ask more questions here, to call more and more crack shippers, Now, is time for the hardest question for a Crack Shipper, We all know that crack shippings never had any canon interaction, so, the question is this:

If you had the chance to Choose ONE crack pairing to have a canon Interaction, which pairing would you choose?

I'm with you! There are more shippings than Amourshipping out there and despite how good the ship is, there are three that I think are even better :D

One crack pairing to have a canon interaction? Othelloshipping, of course! I'd love to see a proper version of Hilda appear in the anime, saying something along the lines of "I've traveled here from Unova to see all the other kinds of pokemon that can't be found where I live". She meets Ash, they immediately begin to bond due to their love of battles. Obviously Ash can't fall in love with her since it's just one interaction/episode, but Hilda could show at one moment like Anabel did in which she shows only to the audience how she has begun to feel about him. (squeals like a fangirl :D). That might get a few more people to write for the ship, and they may even see firsthand why this shipping is the real thing! Not to mention it would become half-canon (OMG!)

Last edited:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!

Nooo, why this question? I have too many crack ships that need to meet! lol Hmm... A toughie indeed, but I guess I will go with BeatDownShipping. Normally, I would choose AlexandrianShipping for something like this since it's my OTP, but since they pretty much appear in the same city...it's close. I'm crossing my fingers that they might have a tiny interaction in the nonexistent Sinnoh remakes. Anyways, why BeatDown? Because I honestly want Flint to make a comparison to Volkner when he sees Elesa. lol I honest believe they would make quick friends and I imagine them make punny jokes together. Call me weird, but I just like the idea of them as a couple. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.