• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "Created God" Paradox

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
1. "If we learned something new every second of our lives, it would take three million years to exhaust the capacity of the human brain." -Wonders of God's Creation, Moody Video Series
if only those things that are benaficial to the species, then why would this be able to happen? what is the use? i believe that it is there to prove the Glory of God
this is an argument from ignorance. just because you're amazed from the brain doesnt mean it was a creation.

2. the formation of the grand canyon has also been theorized to have been created when the Great Flood happend which quickly spewed water from within the earth, and the amount of water proposed by the biblical account would quite possibly erode the cracks in the earth extremely quickly
yet there is plenty of freshwater and the kangaroos couldnt have possibly swam to australia.

3. "World population growth rate in recent times is about 2% per year. Practicable application of growth rate throughout human history would be about half that number. Wars, disease, famine, etc. have wiped out approximately one third of the population on average every 82 years. Starting with eight people, and applying these growth rates since the Flood of Noah's day (about 4500 years ago) would give a total human population at just under six billion people. However, application on an evolutionary time scale runs into major difficulties. Starting with one "couple" just 41,000 years ago would give us a total population of 2 x 1089. 9The universe does not have space to hold so many bodies."
no idea what you're trying to prove here.

this site doesnt have any real scientists backing them and is just a creationist biased site.

in fact just about everything that 'debunks' evolution is also listed on talkorigins!

5. if there is no higher power to answer to, then why doesnt everyone just do whatever they want? it is because of what God has instilled in us. some people just seem to ignore God and reject him
this isnt proof of anything; this is called 'religious dogma'.

Concession? Hardly. I'm just getting started. You wish I was conceding. No way, no how. I bet you that as long as you choose to debate here, I will disprove EVERY "anti-Christian theory" you have!
okay i'm waiting for a refutation. why arent sick people healed from praying alone?

Actually it does. You just chose to believe it wasn't. Dinosaurs and animals we know today most likely lived at separate times. You kinda have to read what I post.
it's okay to assume that the dinosaurs lived the same thing as everything else.

it says god put all the animals on at the same time. the only reason you say this is because it's the only way for you to try and make sense even when you still cant.

you need evolution to even make an ounce of sense.

Last edited:
and to ghostanime, a scientific theory is a theory until proven multiple times by a/multiple witness and where in the Bible does it contradict TRUE science? just a question, but have you even read the Bible?

pocketmunster

munster in my pocket
If you insist on me being in this topic i guess i will lol.
What about neanderthols who went extinct 30000 years ago? They arent Homo Sapiens like us.

Ergonomic

Innocent Doom
this is an argument from ignorance. just because you're amazed from the brain doesnt mean it was a creation.
Actually, common science can't explain the phenomenon we call the human brain.

yet there is no salt water and the kangaroos couldnt have possibly swam to australia.
It's called Pangea.

this isnt proof of anything; this is called 'religious dogma'.
Actually, he has a point there. Why do humans have morals?
If God never existed, He would've never given Moses the Ten Commandments. We as a human culture get out morals from God, essentially.

pocketmunster said:
If you insist on me being in this topic i guess i will lol.
What about neanderthols who went extinct 30000 years ago? They arent Homo Sapiens like us.
Right, they weren't really humans like us. They still were of the human species, whether it be Homo Erectus, or other ones. These were most likely around way before common humans, Homo Sapiens Sapiens, were around.

Last edited:
to ghostanime, a scientific theory is just a theory until proven by multiple tests and/or eye witness(es), and show me in the Bible where it contradicts TRUE science, or define science because there isnt any contradictions in the term science as in the explanation of why things are. and just a question, have you even read the Bible?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
and to ghostanime, a scientific theory is a theory until proven multiple times
wrong. a theory is a well-established interpretation of facts. ever heard of the theory of gravity?

by a/multiple witness and where in the Bible does it contradict TRUE science? just a question, but have you even read the Bible?
yes i have. why do you ask?

Actually, common science can't explain the phenomenon we call the human brain.
what cant it explain about it? even if it couldnt, what of it? it doesnt prove your god either.

It's called Pangea.
which isnt mentioned in the bible. congratulations.

Actually, he has a point there. Why do humans have morals?
If God never existed, He would've never given Moses the Ten Commandments. We as a human culture get out morals from God, essentially.
then why do some morals differ?

why do you think that neandrethals went extinct 30000 years ago? were you there? morals differ because humans have fallen into sin and have been corrupted. still since intelligent design is a scientific law, and evolution is a theory proves that God has sufficient proof, and would gladly share it and HAS! you think that the fact that the protien in humans randomly forming into the right shape is one over a number greater than the stars in the universe is just a coincidence?! it cannot be especially multiplying that times the number of protiens in the body.

Ergonomic

Innocent Doom
what cant it explain about it? even if it couldnt, what of it? it doesnt prove your god either.
Humans use only 3-5% of their potential brain power. Why can't we use it all? You see, not everything I post is directly trying to prove the existence of my God.

which isnt mentioned in the bible. congratulations.
Ah, but we've already gone over this. The Bible doesn't even mention our continents really.

then why do some morals differ?
We all have the same basic principles:
Do not kill
Do not lie
Do not steal
Etc,.

BUT! These principles come from the Ten Commandments, do they not?

okay i'm waiting for a refutation. why arent sick people healed from praying alone?
How do you know they aren't? Have you ever honestly tried to pray?

it's okay to assume that the dinosaurs lived the same thing as everything else.

it says god put all the animals on at the same time. the only reason you say this is because it's the only way for you to try and make sense even when you still cant.

you need evolution to even make an ounce of sense.
WRONG! The Bible does NOT say that God put all the animals on the Earth at once.

20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Different times, DIRECTLY! The Bible describes dinosaurs as leviathons, which were bad. Why would God directly make a creature that would kill off His other creations?

Last edited:

pocketmunster

munster in my pocket
why do you think that neandrethals went extinct 30000 years ago?
Because its scientificly proven. But doesnt the mere existance of human like animals(neandrethals) disprove the bible?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
why do you think that neandrethals went extinct 30000 years ago? were you there?
i'm lost at what this means to evolution or god..

morals differ because humans have fallen into sin and have been corrupted.
so much for getting our morals from god if we all receive different ones. you failed to prove your own statement.

still since intelligent design is a scientific law, and evolution is a theory proves that God has sufficient proof
both of these statements are false.

1) prove that 'intelligent design' even if a law.. which is impossible if you knew what a law was.

2) evolution is a fact AND a theory. http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/lenski.html

and would gladly share it and HAS! you think that the fact that the protien in humans randomly forming into the right shape is one over a number greater than the stars in the universe is just a coincidence?! it cannot be especially multiplying that times the number of protiens in the body.
has nothing to do with evolution.

Humans use only 3-5% of their potential brain power. Why can't we use it all? You see, not everything I post is directly trying to prove the existence of my God.
then why are you typing irrelevant things?

Ah, but we've already gone over this. The Bible doesn't even mention our continents really.
well then come up with a logical explanation. the dinosaurs were meat eaters; just look at their teeth. finding vegetations in their teeth means squat. it's quite possible they just ate plant eaters.

natural selection doesnt give you sharp teeth if you eat nothing but plants.

We all have the same basic principles:
Do not kill
Do not lie
Do not steal
Etc,.
people still differ in this.

you're wasting time.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
the fact that you're asking that just proves you jumped into this debate knowing nothing.

the main branches of evolution contain the following:

- fossil records (probably our largest)
- DNA
- embrology
- useless organs
- similar bone structures

and many more.

iit proves that you do not have proof that it really was that long ago, and i want to also refer back to the statement of the hebrew definition of time
we didnt get different morals, they have changed over time.
yes the protien thing does have to do with this discussion because it proves that there is no possible way that we could happen by random forces acting on nothing to form these impossibly high numbers
some tRex's teeth have been actually studied and would break if they sunk into flesh

Ergonomic

Innocent Doom
2) evolution is a fact AND a theory.
Since when is it a fact? Nobody has proved that evolution (not natural selection) is an absolute truth.

then why are you typing irrelevant things?
This was actually quite relevant to the topic of the human brain...

well then come up with a logical explanation. the dinosaurs were meat eaters; just look at their teeth. finding vegetations in their teeth means squat. it's quite possible they just ate plant eaters.
Where are you even going with this? If you're saying all dinosaurs were carnivores, you're wrong. This is completely off topic...

so what that God wanted to create creatures that are somewhat similar, but not really as much as you are saying
no! DNA did not randomly form from nothing!
we do not know everything about our organs yet

Ergonomic

Innocent Doom
the fact that you're asking that just proves you jumped into this debate knowing nothing.

the main branches of evolution contain the following:

- fossil records (probably our largest)
- DNA
- embrology
- useless organs
- similar bone structures

and many more.
Do you mean vestigial organs?
This view makes unwarranted assumptions. To begin, organs that are classified as "vestigial" may serve a purpose that is yet unknown to scientists. Scientists are not infallible, and are making new discoveries and revising old theories all the time. Significantly, scientists formerly categorized 180 organs as "vestigial"- including the thyroid gland, the tonsils, the coccyx, the ear muscles, and the appendix. Today, however, scientists have discovered functional uses for many of these organs, the list has now dwindled to between 0 to 6.

Mammals all have similar bone structures because we are all under the kingdom Mammalia
How does DNA prove evolution?

And no, generally, people know not to kill other people. People know not to lie. Again, unwarranted assumptions...

Last edited:

Comedy of Errors

Sane Insanity
I thought Diversus had dogs.
I don't recall any Diversus in the Bible, but of course I haven't read the whole thing yet. I'm sure dogs were probably in the Bible somewhere, but it was the animal on the top of my head. (A quick search on BibleGateway.com pulls up 40 times the word 'dog' was mentioned in the Bible) Anyways, the point was that not every animal is mentioned in the Bible.

when i say slowly, i mean SLOWER than thousands of years.
But what I said was the earth could have been created by God with those mountains and valleys and geological structures.

common sense says you cant prove it and you're whining about it.
Oh, do shut up. I admitted I can't prove it. Because to prove it to people like you, I'd have to get a time machine and go back in time to show you the chariots being taken out by the sea coming back together. I'm definitely not whining. Common sense does make the story obvious. I mean come on! There's a story about how chariots get crushed by the sea and where the story happens, people find chariot wheels. Since the story came first and the wheels happened to be where they were supposed to be in an extremely strange place where it would not be likely for wheels to get to, then the story's authenticity increases. It seems to me that you had nothing else to say so you decided to just say that I was wrong and I'm whining about it. Which is a completely ludicrous thing to say.

so says the book..

but nothing concrete basically.
Oh you must be correct. Obviously the Book that has never been proved historically incorrect must have totally made up when Isaiah lived. Sorry I've been making such a fool out of myself by believing the more likely.

no, that's just you twisting evolution in order to make it sound abhttp://www.serebiiforums.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=366108surd. evolution has never suggested such a thing as lizards to doves.
It already sounds absurd, I'm just made an example that made it sound more absurd. I don't study evolution too much but I thought that birds supposedly evolved from reptiles.

because there is none: evolution is well accepted by all legit scientists.
Oh I get it. You're saying that any scientist that doesn't agree with your belief is no longer legit. Okay, by your logic, I now deem all scientists that believe evolution is fact is no longer an actual scientist or a reliable source.

that's the thing: IT ISNT SCIENTIFIC. 'design' has no place in science. it is a guess and straw grasping.
A guess.. A guess... Kind of like how this one guy just sort of guessed that perhaps all animals evolved from each other, then later admitted his own theories were absurd while on his deathbed.

if the ark ended up on that mountain it wouldnt even be intact first of all. it's made out of WOOD. you think thousands of years would leave an ark on top of a mountain in THAT pressure?

again, i ask, the ark is found every year and usually it's fake and has been fake.
The ark wasn't intact. From what I've heard, half of it was completely gone. The other half was broken in many places. I've never heard of the ark being found before this, besides that last line wasn't a question so you couldn't have asked that statement.

If there was a worldwide flood, why is there plenty of freshwater? furthermore, how do you populate the earth with kangaroos in australia this way? they're terrible swimmers.
I didn't know rain was normally salt water so I guess I couldn't tell you why there's plenty of freshwater... The last statement doesn't make any sense as the world wasn't populated with kangaroos, only Australia had kangaroos until men moved them around. I guess they didn't get to the other continents because they couldn't swim...

which is basically what you said.

at least we can agree this isnt substantial in a debate.
I did not mean what you keep saying I meant. You wouldn't know what I meant because obviously you are not me, so you can't be putting words into my mouth. In either case I do agree that we are having a pointless argument right here.

however, in the bible it states as long as you pray, you will be healed of everything; even blindness!
Yes that is correct. And it has happened to me. I've prayed and seen miracles. I've seen scar tissue that was clogging lungs completely disappear. I've seen many, many people that were supposed to die in less than 24 hours walk out of the hospital 13 hours later and are still alive and kickin'

and how exactly do we date them again? the same dating you criticize maybe?
Not quite sure actually. I have no idea how they dated it, but if they did use carbon dating, then I won't believe that they're really from that time period, but since you believe that then I guess you can believe that they are from that time period. In either case I still believe the Bible was from when it says it was.