• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Creed of the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Oh, about big images, just out 'em is spoilers that's all. Rest is fine. Also, are we voting for the final Pokemon? And sorry I haven't bothered about voting or nominating is because I'm horrible t team building. I'll gladly start to test the team on PS once we are ready with it. :p

This is our 5th Pokemon so far. One more to go after this one. The top post on this page shows the current members of the team: Politoed, Ludicolo, Magnezone and Mega Gyarados.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Magnezone & Toxicroak? I love you guys for using these under-appreciated pokemon, I also vote for the Toxicroak although considering my incredable inactivity within the guild I suppose my vote should be taken lightly.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Why are you guys so worried about fairies on a rain team? My vote goes to Zapdos, even though I don't think it will matter in the end lol.

Nikomajor

*Psystrike*
Fairies be damned.
Voting for Toxicroak.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
name: leaf
ps name: NA
wifi code:1435-5522-1235
reasons for joining: become better at the metagame
referance: NA

Accepted!

Be sure to contact Lord Fighting or SilverChiko for your testing and upon completion, decide your placement.

That aside, it's good to see some of our more dormant members coming out to vote. Haha. My vote also goes to Croaks. I've used it on my rain team lately and it's proved very hard to kill and difficult to prevent setting up. Toxicroak is not a fairy check for the team as much as it is simply a bulky set up sweeper.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Was gonna vote for azumarill again but I see my vote is invalid again...

fitzy909

Just another guy
Well, I think Toxicroak has won. (Otherwise, I can't count.) Anyway, that makes a grand total of...5. One more Pokemon and we can begin testing out the team. So, lets see what our final nominations will be (or do we need to decide what moves Toxicroak will use specifically?).

Also, the team so far:

250px-186Politoed.png

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Toxic
- Rest

272Ludicolo.png

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift swim
Modest nature
EVs: 252 SAtk/ 244 Speed/ 8 Hp
- Scald/Hydro Pump/ Surf
- Giga Drain
- Ice beam
- Rain Dance/ Leech Seed/ Hp-Electric/ Focus blast

250px-462Magnezone.png

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

250px-130Gyarados.png

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Trait: Intimidate → Mold Breaker
Adamant/Jolly nature
EVs: 4 Hp/ 252 Attack/ 252 Spd
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang/Stone Edge/Dragon Tail
- Dragon Dance

250px-454Toxicroak.png

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
Adamant/Jolly nature
EVs: 180 Hp/ 252 Attack/ 72 Spd
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab/ Substitute
- Swords Dance/ Bulk Up​

Last edited:

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
My Toxicroak ruins lives just having Drain Punch and Sucker Punch alone, but it seems the majority of you want him for the ability to handle Fairies...so... I'd say a set of Drain Punch, Sucker Punch, Poison Jab/Substitute & Bulk Up/Swords Dance would be best to list since it specifies the preferences of running pure SubSD Offensive Croak or my preferred set of SubBU. Sucker Punch is moreso manditory due to its harsh Psychic weakness.

fitzy909

Just another guy
My Toxicroak ruins lives just having Drain Punch and Sucker Punch alone, but it seems the majority of you want him for the ability to handle Fairies...so... I'd say a set of Drain Punch, Sucker Punch, Poison Jab/Substitute & Bulk Up/Swords Dance would be best to list since it specifies the preferences of running pure SubSD Offensive Croak or my preferred set of SubBU. Sucker Punch is moreso manditory due to its harsh Psychic weakness.

Fairies aren't the biggest problem (Don't know why I thought they were). Magnezone's flash cannon can help with them. I think it would be best with Drain punch, Sucker Punch, Subsitiute and Bulk up. Drain punch, dry skin, Black sldge and substitute will make it difficult to deal with, especially with the boosts from Bulk up. Sucker punch will make it more dangerous to get an attack off to remove the substitute, but I'll list what Ced recommended.

Last edited:

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Fairies aren't the biggest problem (Don't know why I thought they were). Magnezone's flash cannon can help with them. I think it would be best with Drain punch, Sucker Punch, Subsitiute and Bulk up. Drain punch, dry skin, Black sldge and substitute will make it difficult to deal with, especially with the boosts from Bulk up. Sucker punch will make it more dangerous to get an attack off to remove the substitute, but I'll list what Ced recommended.
Just a nitpick, but substitute should come before Poison Jab on the slash (it should be Substitute/Poison jab, not Poison jab/Substitute). Gunk Shot should also be listed as an opition.
I'll nominate something later.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Just a nitpick, but substitute should come before Poison Jab on the slash (it should be Substitute/Poison jab, not Poison jab/Substitute). Gunk Shot should also be listed as an opition.
I'll nominate something later.

I only ever write sets formally when their for my RMT or a submission to the editorial on Smogon. Haha.

Xeno the Doomguy

I have a switch and getting back into Pokemon!
Name: Davarian
PS Name: N/A
WIFI code: 3652-1583-8114
Reason for joining: I want to put my batting skills to the test now.
BTW: I only do wifi battles.
Refence: Night-killer

Last edited:

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Hey guys guess what! I did pokemon stuff the other day woo....(Finally bred the correct nature on to my Sableye and EV trained it)

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Name: Davarian
PS Name: N/A
WIFI code: 3652-1583-8114
Reason for joining: I want to put my batting skills to the test now.
BTW: I only do wifi battles.
Refence: Night-killer

Accepted!!

Contact Lord Fighting or SilverChiko to set up a schedule to battle and thereafter you'll choose your chamber.

Today being my last day until Christmas/New Year's, I want to ask a favor of everyone: Keep the guild alive
Currently we lack Pokemon Showdown battlers whose skills are actively shown in battle. Upon my return and regaining ownership of the guild, I will be making a new feature to help liven the members thereof. I will miss you guys and wish everyone the best!

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Accepted!!

Contact Lord Fighting or SilverChiko to set up a schedule to battle and thereafter you'll choose your chamber.

Today being my last day until Christmas/New Year's, I want to ask a favor of everyone: Keep the guild alive
Currently we lack Pokemon Showdown battlers whose skills are actively shown in battle. Upon my return and regaining ownership of the guild, I will be making a new feature to help liven the members thereof. I will miss you guys and wish everyone the best!

Luck Ced!! We'll keep the guild up while you're gone. Don't worry bout that!!

fitzy909

Just another guy
Good bye and good luck Ced. We will keep the guild running no matter what!

I will kick off the final round of nominating too, with a renomination:

250px-073Tentacruel.png

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic/Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Utility is the name of Tentacruel's game. Scald provides stab and burn is crippling for physical attackers. Toxic provides ever increasing damage, or you can use toxic spikes, which will have the same effect every time they switch. Knocking off a pokemon's item can be crippling, I know it has happened many times to me. Finally, rounding it off is rapid spin, allowing us to remove any annoying entry hazards. Rain Dish+Black Sludge adds an amazing amount of longevity to an already quite bulky pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.