1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Creed of the Dragon

Discussion in 'Pokémon Guilds' started by fitzy909, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitzy909

fitzy909 Just another guy

Yeah. I have noticed that its lack of bulk hampers it greatly. It can deal damage very quickly, but that speed and attack is wasted when it will die from the weakest of attacks. I was happy to see a less than great pokemon get a mega evolution, but it still falls short. Also, ALWAYS expect a Talonflame on a team.

2. Mr.Y

Mr.Y O)_(O

I didn't find that many Talonflames on the ORAS ladder. Mega Beedril doesn't really need protect to mega evolve, just a slower 'mon, so t-wave support is nice against HO. U-turn is one of it's best moves, and one of the things that make it worth a mega spot on your team as it does a nice amount of damage while keeping momentum. It's not the best new megas, nor it is a great, but it's far from bad imo. It might end in UU, but I'm not sure.

3. fitzy909

UU seems plausible. There are worse megas out there. Do we know of any good megas that have been introduced in ORAS? Are gallade, Sharpdeo, Pidgeot, etc. any good?

4. Mr.Y

Mr.Y O)_(O

Gallade is pretty good. It has a nice support movepool and a great attack stat. It can sweep after a SD after bird spam is gone.

5. fitzy909

I was hoping it would be. I was hoping for it to get a better ability, but at least it is pretty good.

On the topic of competitive battling, what does everyone think about having a PoTW for our guild. We'll get a random pokemon, discuss movesets, counters, etc. Then after a week (or perhaps more) someone can write up a full version, similar to what serebii does, but only in our guild. So, what are everyone's thought on this?

6. Lt. BLEU™

Lt. BLEU™ Top Class Lieutenant

I'm willing to do the POWT now that I have returned from a long vacation. I just need inputs from people like some good movesets and things.

7. Supreme Predator Axel

Supreme Predator Axel The Predator

Name: Supreme Predator Axel
    PS Name: Zelos Force
    WIFI code: I misplaced my 3ds so i'll update on that later.
    Reason for joining. I have played Pokemon for many years. I have my ups and downs in competitive battling but no matter what the situation I never give up. I wish to get better at Pokemon and learn the ways of a true master.
    Reference. None I wish to join for experience.

8. fitzy909

Accepted. Please contact Lt.Bleu or Lord Fighting to be tested, then you may choose a sector.

Also, it is good to see you back Bleu. If you are happy to write our PoWT then you can. We just need to make sure everyone contributes.

9. Lt. BLEU™

Lt. BLEU™ Top Class Lieutenant

Well, this is tough, so very difficult! I'm sure some of you would have understood what this means but let me make it clear any ways...

I'll be leaving this guild for now. Not sure if I will ever return. I absolutely feel out of place on SPPF. Lots of things going on in life and I've got absolutely little to no control over anything. I'll be missing you guys for sure. Mr. Y and Sito and few more new people that I met through this guild, you guys were absolute beauty!

My former guild members, Fitzy and Cedomega...You guys have been absolute gems! Hopefully this guild does not fall apart....

And I'm sorry Fitzy, I just planned for POWT and then ended up disappointing you guys..

Good luck guys. In case I missed anyone, I'm sorry....See ye!

P.S: Nobody cries after reading this, please!

10. Bakphoon™

Bakphoon™ Heated Fury

Bye BLEU, I hope all goes well for you in the future!

11. Mr.Y

Mr.Y O)_(O

Bye Bleu, you will be missed for sure. I can help organizing our POTW thing btw, but I don't think that my grammar is good enough to make the write ups.

12. Lord Fighting

Lord Fighting Bank Ball Collector

Bleu's going? Awwww, I'll miss having someone to tease. Bye bleu!

I'm all for a POTW but I wouldn't be able to write it.

13. fitzy909

Bleu, you did not disappoint us. You were and still are great. I won't try to understand what you are going through at the moment, but know that all of us wish you the best. I've been in...what is it now? 3 different guilds with you? You've always been there as a great battler, fellow Pokemon and, most of all, a great friend. Where ever life may take you, even if it never leads you back here again, know that we will remember you. It may be difficult and different, but we'll try to muddle through without you. Goodbye and good luck.

PS: I failed you, because, truth be told, I cried.

14. Mr.Y

Mr.Y O)_(O

So guys, for our POTW, which would be a good first pokémon?

15. fitzy909

A good first pokemon would be one we know a lot about and can easily create sets for. An OU pokemon for sure. Maybe something like Greninja or Dragonite? Or we could make it random, but we should probably choose the first few and then go random.

Also, has anyone played the ORAS demo? I have and it is pretty good, albeit very easy. The writing for the characters is excellent and very humorous at time.

16. Nightmare Fuel

Nightmare Fuel Comin' for Ya

I'm outta here n stuff. Leaving, basically.

17. fitzy909

Sorry, I've not been on in a couple of days. Mock exams coming up, revision...you know the drill. Goodbye fuel, you will be missed.

Anyway, onto the PotW, how about we start with something common? I propose we do sets for DRAGONITE. What does everyone think? Good idea? Bad idea?

18. Bakphoon™

Bakphoon™ Heated Fury

The best Dragonite is the Choice Band set. Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Punch for pesky Ferrothorns and Extremespeed for priority.

19. fitzy909

Could you include EVs and nature too?

Anyway, I like to run this set:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry/Persim Berry
    Ability: Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Dance
    - Roost
    - Fire Punch

An outrage after DD is incredibly powerful and the berry heals the confusion, although the lum berry can be used up if the opponent uses a status move. Roost keeps you around for longer and fire punch helps with ice and steel types.

20. Bakphoon™

Bakphoon™ Heated Fury

Or maybe,

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
    Ability: Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Punch

You can tank up a S.E hit, get boosted stats, Dragon Dance up to +3 Attack and +1.5 speed and be ready to sweep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.