• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Creed of the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Voting swampert if there's no aqua rabbit to vote for.

DarkForce

Unknown Trainer
I think we can start testing the team out and see how well it fares, then make any appropriate adjustments.

fitzy909

Just another guy
We test the team, that's what next. We have a full team now, so I guess we should get a few people testing it. We need to run through some battles and find out what works and what doesn't. What Pokemon does this team struggle with and why? Also, if a Pokemon has two+ suggested moves for one slot then test out which one works best.

Also, the final team:

250px-186Politoed.png

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Toxic
- Rest

272Ludicolo.png

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift swim
Modest nature
EVs: 252 SAtk/ 244 Speed/ 8 Hp
- Scald/Hydro Pump/ Surf
- Giga Drain
- Ice beam
- Rain Dance/ Leech Seed/ Hp-Electric/ Focus blast

250px-462Magnezone.png

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

250px-130Gyarados.png

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Trait: Intimidate → Mold Breaker
Adamant/Jolly nature
EVs: 4 Hp/ 252 Attack/ 252 Spd
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang/Stone Edge/Dragon Tail
- Dragon Dance

250px-454Toxicroak.png

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
Adamant/Jolly nature
EVs: 180 Hp/ 252 Attack/ 72 Spd
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab/ Substitute
- Swords Dance/ Bulk Up

250px-260Swampert.png

Swampert @Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
252 HP / 252 Atk/ 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Avalanche​

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I tested the team on PS, and while I'm on the low ladder and showdown bugged my Choice Scarf, making me not get the speed boost (which cost me two games) I can already see the problems that this team has. First of all, Toxicroag is just too slow and frail for OU and lacks coverage. It can't even set-up safely on Ferrothorn as even Power Whip can break its subs on one hit. IMO, he really needs to go as he can only really put in some work in very few matches. Swampert also isn't as good as you guys might think, it's actually two hit KOed by many 'mons and doesn't do enough damage to them. We will probably need another SR. Politoed really NEEDS someone else that can set-up rain, and Ludicolo can't do this job. In the rain that thing is a true MVP, but outside of it it can't do anything most of the times, so setting up rain with it is a no no. Magneton needs a scarf, amd full speed investment, as this team is just really slow and we need something that can actually outspeed Excadrill without needing rain. Gyarados and Ludicolo are the MVPs but we need something to check bird spam (no, Magneton doesn't check it as it takes too much damage during the matches) and 'mons that can take electric attacks with ease.
To be honest, half of the team is really good, while the other half really brings it down.
Some threats are: Greninja, Landorus, Manectric, Thundurus, Ferrothorn, Talonflame and anything that is fast and can hit hard.

fitzy909

Just another guy
My first match I won due to Swampert's Waterfall causing major flinch hax. That was hilarious. My second match was very close. Skarmory I could have dealt with if Magnezone wasn't dead. Mega-Manectric also provided some challenge, again due to Swampert already being knocked out. Toxicroak is struggling, I can see that. It suffers from being a bit too frail to actually make use of its setting up moves. I also agree that we need a way to set up rain once Politoed dies, and it really shouldn't be Ludicolo.

Third match: A Breloom gave me a bit of hell. I had trouble dealing with the sleep from spore and mach punch.

Last edited:

DarkForce

Unknown Trainer
I haven't extensively tried out this team that much, but I did run into a sun team with Charizard-Y and it basically wrecked this team. The major problem was that none of the Pokemon was fast enough (Ludi can't Swift Swim under sun, and Toed can't handle Solar Beams well). There were also other matches in which Toxicroak can't even get a good setup simply because there were way too many Pokemon that could outspeed and kill it.

Thus, I suggest that Scarf Landorus-T be put somewhere on the team; it can take care of Charizard-Y, revenge-kill with its great speed, and provide a good switch-in to many electric-types that could pose a threat. This is just my opinion so far, so I'll try to test this team out more.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I realize Landorous is good, but isn't kind of a bad idea to put something water weak into a team made to boost water type moves?

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
I AM SO, SO SORRY EVERYONE FOR NOT POSTING! /caps. .___.

Well, seems we're still on the rain team. :/

I might give it a shot later, who knows?

ace-of-aces

Minecraft YouTuber
Me Too. School and other things don't leave me alot of time, and because of this and the fact that I can't understand most of what is being said here, I am leaving this guild. Sorry. I just feel like i'm holding it back with my lack of knowledge. All of you can still message me whenever, that has not changed. Hope to talk to all of you sooner or later, but until then, Farewell.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I haven't extensively tried out this team that much, but I did run into a sun team with Charizard-Y and it basically wrecked this team. The major problem was that none of the Pokemon was fast enough (Ludi can't Swift Swim under sun, and Toed can't handle Solar Beams well). There were also other matches in which Toxicroak can't even get a good setup simply because there were way too many Pokemon that could outspeed and kill it.

Thus, I suggest that Scarf Landorus-T be put somewhere on the team; it can take care of Charizard-Y, revenge-kill with its great speed, and provide a good switch-in to many electric-types that could pose a threat. This is just my opinion so far, so I'll try to test this team out more.
Landorus-T isn't a Zard Y counter, it can't come in directly into it otherwise it will probably be KO'd by a fire blast, or leave it at really low health

I realize Landorous is good, but isn't kind of a bad idea to put something water weak into a team made to boost water type moves?

You do not want to let Landorus take SE damage anyway. We also have a ton of switches for water types. It has good synergy with the team and should be tested, it can't be worse than Toxicroak at least.

IMO, Toxicroak and Swampert need to leave and Magneton needs a scarf. A thing to consider is switching Magneton and M-Gyarados for Belly Drum Azumarill and M-Manectric.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Hm, Mega Rayquaza's 4x weakness is now 2x thanks to Delta Storm.
But, will Castform somehow have a new form or not?

Nikomajor

*Psystrike*
Don't think he will.

I'm not too fond of Mega Rayquaza's design but the new move Dragon Ascent makes up for it.
And the new weather condition would definitely change a couple of things.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Rayquaza's from is pretty awesome in my opinion. I'm interested to see what Dragon Ascent does. I know it reduces both defensive stats, but other than that....nothing. I assume it must be Flying and Dragon, due to it being flying type, but called Dragon Ascent. (Not accent as I first read it) Still, I'm very interested in the lore that seems to be arising around the Primal Kyogre and Groudon and Mega Rayquaza. It should be interesting to gain more back story on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.