• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Creed of the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
To be frank all tournaments really should be held on PS as it allows for more flexibility in the theme of the battles. With Wi-Fi people have to breed and junk. Let's not even go into the trouble of an Ubers tournament in Wi-Fi. Mind you this is all coming from a person who hates Smogon with a passion, it really is the only reasonable way.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
To be frank all tournaments really should be held on PS as it allows for more flexibility in the theme of the battles. With Wi-Fi people have to breed and junk. Let's not even go into the trouble of an Ubers tournament in Wi-Fi. Mind you this is all coming from a person who hates Smogon with a passion, it really is the only reasonable way.

But for the people who predominantly use WiFi they normally have enough Pokemon to use for any type of tournament so it's not really an issue to them but it is for the people who prefer PS thus re-emphasize my point. Also, I have more than enough Pokemon to make a good ubers team ln WiFi.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
But for the people who predominantly use WiFi they normally have enough Pokemon to use for any type of tournament so it's not really an issue to them but it is for the people who prefer PS thus re-emphasize my point. Also, I have more than enough Pokemon to make a good ubers team ln WiFi.

Yeah, but with PS both parties get to battle, where as with Wi-Fi it's not so much. You keep bringing up your having enough pokemon but what you own doesn't cover the guild as a whole. I mean you gotta admit that "I don't have time to breed due to RL stuff" sounds a lot better than "I don't wanna go on PS because...reasons".

Last edited:

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I think that PS would be a lot more pratical than Wi-Fi as it doesn't require breeding. The battles are also faster.

RzK

Meow
Name: RzK
PS Name: Varies.
WIFI code: Will give when required.
Reason for joining: Know a lot of people here, and I have good memories of TSC.
Reference: Nobody. But I think some people here might have seen me around?
.....hello there?

fitzy909

Just another guy
Name: RzK
PS Name: Varies.
WIFI code: Will give when required.
Reason for joining: Know a lot of people here, and I have good memories of TSC.
Reference: Nobody. But I think some people here might have seen me around?

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Accepted, of course. Contact Lord Fighting or....Lt. Bleu (I think) for your test, after which you can join a chamber.

As for the tournament, there are those that do not have a diverse amount of competitive pokemon for wi-fi battles. It is even more difficult if we choose a tier that people haven't got a team for. I say we use PS. You do not have to take part, but it is simple enough to create a PS team. Creating a PS team takes very little time and you can easily change something if it doesn't work. However, we still need to decide what type of tournament to have.

Jakruss

Name: Jakruss
PS Name: (what's this?)
WIFI code: 4098-3779-9340
Reason for joining: interested in the development of breeding and shop keeping.
Reference: n/a

fitzy909

Just another guy
Name: Jakruss
PS Name: (what's this?)
WIFI code: 4098-3779-9340
Reason for joining: interested in the development of breeding and shop keeping.
Reference: n/a

Accpeted. Do you have any previous experience breeding? Can you breed natures, IVs, Egg moves, etc? Anyway, when you are ready contact Lt.Bleu or Lord Fighting to be tested and then you may choose a sector/chamber.

Also, I'm open to suggestions for this tournament. When we decide on a format I will add the details to our tournament thread (link on first page) and you will be able to sign up from there.

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
A tournament on PS is more makes sense practically, but I wont be participating for...reasons. xD

However if anyone wishes to battle me via WI-FI just shoot me a VM/PM n we can try to arrange a time.
I can do all tier except LC n Ubers. Mostly OU or UU under :)

Mr.Y

O)_(O
No I have not. I will definitely look into it though. Do you know of any pokemon that seem to be really good at the moment?

Mega Salamence. That thing should be Ubers. Also, gunk shot Greninja is a great fairy killer.

vequest

can i join?
Name:vequest
PS Name:vequest
WIFI code:4682-9183-9031
Reason for joining. i just want to join a group of people who are interested in what i am.
Reference. no one

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Mega Salamence is power. Give it Roost, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw and Double Edge and it wrecks house. But obviously Ice Shard is a major threat and as well as Mega Lati@s.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Mega Salamence is power. Give it Roost, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw and Double Edge and it wrecks house. But obviously Ice Shard is a major threat and as well as Mega Lati@s.

That would definitely wreck. I can imagine aerialate Double edge would do some serious damage, even return would. Ice shard would definitely ruin it though, so Mamoswine would be a go to counter. As would any faster dragon or ice types.

Also, Vequest you are accepted. Please, contact me, Lt.Bleu or Lord Fighting for a test battle and then you may choose a chamber.

Last edited:

Mr.Y

O)_(O
That would definitely wreck. I can imagine aerialate Double edge would do some serious damage, even return would. Ice shard would definitely ruin it though, so Mamoswine would be a go to counter. As would any faster dragon or ice types.

Also, Vequest you are accepted. Please, contact me, Lt.Bleu or Lord Fighting for a test battle and then you may choose a chamber.
After a DD there is no real counter, specially if it ends up behind a sub. Ice shard doesn't kill it at full health. That thing must go Ubers.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Mega Lati@s is incredibly powerful too. It outspeeds so many things, and with sky high Sp.Attack and a wide movepool it should be banned.

Zephraxe

Mega Lati@s is incredibly powerful too. It outspeeds so many things, and with sky high Sp.Attack and a wide movepool it should be banned.

There are quite a few things that outspeed the Latii, too. It isn't as powerful as one might think with only 110 base speed. Mega Gardevoir could possibly be a check and a Bisharp with a Swords Dance boosted Sucker Punch could take it out with one hit. I could image a Mega Gallade with Shadow Sneak doing the same. I can't exactly think much right now, so I'm sure the list of checks and counters could go on.

EDIT: And I'm sure Ferrothorn will impede it still, given that the Latii don't have HP Fire.

Last edited:

RzK

Meow
I found Mega Beedrill not to be as good as I thought. Yes, it does have sky high Attack and Speed, but it absolutely needs Protect to Mega evolve, and U-Turn to get out of sticky situations. Thus, it only has two more slots for coverage. Add to that, pitiful defenses, and it is basically guaranteed to lose to not-very-effective priority in every match.
And Talonflame is there in every second team I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.