• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Crystal Onix! (089)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I wouldn't mind catching a crystal Onix. It's better than a shiny Onix.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like the concept of this episode. Though catching a Crystal Onix would be cool.

I agree.

It was cool at the end, when Ash got like a small crystal Pikachu model.
It makes me wonder if there are more crystal pokemon out there

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
It was a nice twist in the anime. It would also be nice to see them adding these unusual variations of Pokemon to the games. =D

Vernikova

Champion
The crystal Onix was certainly an interesting thing to see. Now we need a diamond Steelix. I didn't really see the point in battling the Onix but I guess they couldn't go an episode without a battle. The characters of the day weren't memorable at all though.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
This was an interesting episode. It was nice to see something so different, but it does make you think that there could be many variations of Pokémon in the Pokémon world. So it would be nice to see more of these unusual Pokémon.

This was an interesting episode. It was nice to see something so different, but it does make you think that there could be many variations of Pokémon in the Pokémon world. So it would be nice to see more of these unusual Pokémon.

I totally agree with you! The crystal Onix was a special and nice idea, I'd like to see more of those kind of unusual Pokemon!

I have this episode on DVD and I like it, this is a cool and rewatchable episode, 9/10.

7threst

The crystal Onix was awesome and boy did I enjoyed just the whole synopsis of this episode. For a filler, this was very strong and nice to watch. So far, the Orange Islands are very enjoyable because it's totally different than its predecessor.

It was amazing seeing an Onix made out of crystal. But, I wonder how it got like that? Well, there's always a mystery in the Pokemon World. And Jessie and James looked like the Ginyu Force while they were saying their names. xD

NPT

Just a member
It's nice to see a Onix made out of Crystal/Steel, I think this Onix is the early version of Steelix. Also, Tracy's Marill debuted in this episode. which, in my opinion, is good because it debuted before the 2nd gen games came out. Overall, this was an interesting episode.

Last edited:

Garados Dragon

I loved that episode with the Crystal Onix and was bummed when after that trainer with the Magmar didn't catch that Ash didn't decide to catch it. (what about you guys?) Also I feel that the Crystal Onix is an awesome pokemon and would have been nice to see even Brock use it or Ash. Lastly I have given the Crystal Onix a nickname that I believe is really cool and fits so perfectly that when you read for the first time on the web right here from me that you will start to refer to it by the nickname for even. Ready? Well here is the nickname I came up with for the Crystal Onix after I first saw that episode by the same name is Crystalix and remember I coined the name and that it is entirely something that I made up so if anybody ttys to claim that they came up with that name call them out on it and set up a link to this page where it indeed did appear on the web for the first time and was coin by me.

So now let the discussion begin!

Even after my second viewing of this episode, it still is neat to see an Onix made out of crystal.
Also neat to see Marills first appearance before it's generating is even out.

Ascended Dialga

The crystal Onix was a very interesting idea, possibly a foreshadowing either shiny Pokemon or Steelix (which is also weak against Fire). I think it would be cool to have a crystal Onix in the games. It would be more tricky to pull off than Spiky-Eared Pichu though, seeing as you'd have to find a way to make it weak to Fire and immune to Water, while keeping the core characteristics that make it Onix

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Seeing Marill debut in the cartoon was cool I liked how Tracy made good use of its hearing abilities. The crystal Onix battle scene was interesting especially how water type attacks were useless against the Onix's skin.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The most interesting thing in this episode was the Crystal Onix and how it could resist Water and is weak to Fire as opposed to a normal Onix.