• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Crystal Onix! (089)

Manchee

extra toasty
I saw this EP. Wasn't too good, but the fact of there being a Crystal Onix is pretty cool. I would love t obe able to catch one in the games. Sorta reminds me of the Red Gyarados..

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
Quite liked the episode. The Crystal Onix was magnificent. It would be good if that was the shiny form of Onix in-game.

This still remains to be one of my favourite episodes from the whole of the the Pokémon series, yet, to this day, I cannot for the life of me work out why. Is it because the Crystal Onix itself is super cool? Maybe. Is it for that scene where the Onix is surrounded in the fire. Psychadelic. Or is it because of Marill? It's probably a combination of the lot.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
when i first heard of that crystal onix i became very interested, it has a great storyline if you ask me.

Last edited:

Shygirlfrumfl

Let's suit up!
Oh I remember seeing this one wasnt that long ago either.It was such an interesting episode too_One of the best episodes if you ask me.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Not the best episode.

I was a little disappointed that no-one caught it, but i can understand why they didn't.

Ice T. Sackboy

凸(●´―`●)凸
This episode was very interesting because a Crystal Onix makes an appearence here. Very different than the other normal Onix known in the Pokemon World since Water don't affect the Crystal Onix here. Very unusual that the searcher looking for it the whole time didn't capture it. What a shame.

bulb182

One of the few episodes where Cloyster and Charmeleon have decent screen time :)

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Because he knew that the sculpter (forgot his name) was the one involved with it, it just wouln't be right if he tried to catch it or even battle it. That's why he didn't intervene when the sculpter was using his Charmeleon.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I totally loved the premise of a crystal Onix episode. I totally wish we could've had that in the games... and that Mateo guy was pretty awesome ^^ He made such a cute little glass Pikachu figurine at the end. Sadly, it was still a pretty forgettable episode to me.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I really liked this episode. It was the first time we saw a Mariil (which became my favorite Pokemon of the time). And the Crystal Onix was really cool. Pretty much an early version of Steelix (I wouldn't be surprised if thats where they got the idea for Steelix from).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Rarely do we get such interesting Pokemon like an Onix made out of crystal-like minerals. I loved this episode since the character of the day was actually interesting. I mean, how can you not like a glassmaker and his Charmeleon who are on a quest to find the one thing that can inspire them? I just really liked the story and the characters. I also loved Tracey's Marill's debut. It's one of the best 2nd Gen Pokemon. 9/10.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok. That crystal Onix was really cool. Too bad Ash wasn't really able to get a chance to catch it. Seeing Tracy's Marill was really cool.

22/100

hever

022611229PM
Rarely do we get such interesting Pokemon like an Onix made out of crystal-like minerals :O

I loved it. A glassmaker and his Charmeleon on a guest to find the one thing that can inspire them; a special Onix.

Loved Tracey's Marill's debut. It's one of the best 2nd Gen Pokemon, 9/10

I love that you said exactly what I wanted to say! The little sculpture that Ash received at the end was also a nice catch. Awesome seeing a crystal Onix. They should've made the shiny Onix in the game this color.

9/10

Just one question about this episode.
First, let me say that it's been a looooong time since I've seen many episodes from before the Orange Islands arc.

My question is:

Was this Marills very first anime appearance?
I kind of have a feeling it might not have been.

Edit: Disregard my question. Just read the posts, and it seems this was Marills first anime appearance.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
My question is:

Was this Marills very first anime appearance?
I kind of have a feeling it might not have been.

Edit: Disregard my question. Just read the posts, and it seems this was Marills first anime appearance.

Well, it was its first appearance on TV. A Marill was shown in the first movie, though, in the Pikachu short.

I really liked how Tracey had a Marill - I thought it was so cute! ^^
The whole crystal Onix thing was very interesting. I thought it was so cool that an Onix could be made of crystals. It looked really pretty and I was really impressed by the fact that it could swim in the water and not get hurt by it or anything.