• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Crystalline Coma

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugia*master

Cheese XD
Angela Crystalline had an accident. She went into a coma. As she wakes up, she notices things that are slightly different, slightly... unreal. As she begins to wander the pokemon world, in search of a place to go, she begins to wonder the same question:
'Did I wake up, am I still in a coma or... am I dead?'

Hello! This is a FanFic inspired by the two greatest programs I've ever seen, BBC's 'Life On Mars' and 'Ashes To Ashes'. It's about a girl named Angela Crystalline, who, one night, runs away from her family. She has an accident trying to get over the gate and goes into a coma, induced by severe cranial trauma. When she wakes up, things are slightly different, and she wonders if she's alive, her memory is dodgy, or if she is dead.

NOTE: She will not wake up until chapter One, which should hopefully come within the next few days. Enjoy, and please review!

The Crystalline Coma

Prologue​

The night was quiet. Angela Crystalline crept silently out of her room, determined to escape the death-trap mansion which she called home. Stepping out onto the landing, she cringed as the smallest of creaks echoed from beneath her feet. She waited for a few minutes but, once hearing no signs of movement, sighed and went on.

She had decided she was going to run away from her home a few weeks ago, when her boiling point had burst after spontaneous rows with her parents and multiple carers, and after she had been put under pressure to have a life completely controlled by her parents - they chose who she married, where she lived, if she had any kids, the lot - and she couldn’t bear it. She’d much rather have a life like any other normal person, than live in a madhouse like hers begin treated like a spoiled princess, and having no freedom without hours of lectures and letters with written permission.

She was coming up to the massive balcony that went around the first floor of her stately home. It’s polished floors and checkerboard tiles gleamed, even in the ominous glow of silvery moonlight that flowed in from the enormous, stained glass windows that curved around the front side of the ground floor.

A 3 metre wide staircase curved round form it, leading down to the floor below. A small tapping sound protruded from her soles as she padded down the marble steps. The huge large wooden door was within sights, and she was so relieved about finally getting out of the place that she broke into a run, making a noisy slapping sound. She heard a thud from upstairs, which made her freeze. In the ghastly silence of the manor, the footsteps of either her parents, or, Drew, the butler, could be heard very clearly.

The clatter of a door opening sent a jolt up her spine. The shadow, or reflection - she couldn’t really tell which - emerged from a doorway on the upper level. If she hadn’t known who it was before, she did know now - her father.

‘Angela? Angela! Return up here at once! I forbid you to take another step!’ he snarled. She couldn’t see it, but Angela could imagine his face turning a shade of red with anger. Angela backed away from the door.

‘No, dad, I wont! I’m going to go, and I’ll do whatever I want! I’m 17!’ she shouted back. He started coming down the steps hurriedly, and Angela could hear other people getting up and moving about.

‘NO! Angela, you take one more step, and you'll have hell to pay! You are my child until you come of age, and upon that time shall be guided to the greater good!’ he retorted. Angela fought back a scream.

‘Dad, for god’s sake, can’t you see that I’m not going to be twisted and controlled by you anymore! I'm going, so don't try to stop me!’ she replied, and made a grab for the door handle. Her dad, who had reached the bottom of the steps, charged for her, but she wrenched open the door and ran out, slamming it behind her.

She darted off at a fast pace, hearing the rattle of the door slamming against the wall, as her father proceeded after her. The gravel crunched underfoot, her pounding feet making footprints in the pebbles. Whizzing past the pokemon shaped hedges and trees, her eyes watered in the wind as she saw the gates at the end of the garden drive. She blinked tears out of her eyes, but they weren't tears of sadness - or tears of joy. She felt nothing for her family back at her home. She was treated like an object, uncared for, only brought along because her owners didn't knwo what to do with her. Her midn flashed for a moment to a book she ahd once read, called 'My Sisters Keeper'. It was only a flash, but it was enough. She tripped and fell, grazing her knees on the gravel path.

She scampered up, and turned around, to see if her father was still following her. He wasn't. She squinted, but the darkness of the night shrouded her home in a shadowy clsp, and all that was visible was an ominous shadow agaisnt the Moon. She began runnign full pelt towards the gates, not wanting to waste another horrible second of her life on this land. As she hit them, their mwetal rattling as she did, she heard a small alarm back at the hosue. She caught her breath. She'd heard it many times before. It was the sound of the Houndoom's cages been opened. They were trained not to kill, but to stop anyone from entering - or elaving, but they were taught that maiming was allowed, if neccessary. Angela guessed that a time like this qualified.

She scrambled on the rungs of the steel, hoistering herself up onto the second bar that ran across. she'd grabebd hold of the third and final on, from which she could climb over and slide down to the other side, when she could see the Houndoom' shadows spriting towards her. She pulled herself up, but the hellhound-ish dogs had reached the gate with incredible speed. They barked and growled, a gross saliva seeping through clenched, mank yet pearly white teeth. The pounced up at her, and it was the most she could do to kick one away. It whimpered and fell to the ground, but got back up again.

She levered herself up to the top, and flopped otno the other side, hanging on with her hands. She attempted to jump down, but her foot got caught between two fo the bars, and she fell, twisted, and fractured her bone. She screamed at the excrutiating pain, tears streamign down her face, but it was cut short when her head connected with the ground.

She sat up sharply. She was lying on a wet, muddy ground, in the middle of a marshy field. It was raining, and specks of raindrops bounced of her nose. She stood up, bog squelching under her shoes. She felt snapped grass behind her, and whirled around to see… a reflection of herself.

‘Hello Angela.’ it said. Angela stared, too shocked to say anything. The other her laughed. ‘I know, it’s quite a shock. You’ll get over it.’

Angela babbled garbage, but eventually came out with:
‘But you’re… me. And I’m you! No, I’m me! Who are you!? Give me my body back!” she said, beginning to panic. ‘Where am I anyway?’ she asked. The other Angela began to walk towards her and, as if by instinct, Angela began to back away.

‘You’re in hospital, Angela. I’m your consciousness. Your mind, your spirit, if you like. Your going into a coma as we speak, and you need to fight. Try to get out of it.’

Angela froze. Her hands started wobbling slightly.

‘A coma? What are you talking about?’ she asked.

The other Angela smiled, knowingly. ‘Running away from your home, away from your parents. You tried to climb over the gate. You fractured your leg, and your head cracked open. Literally, your skull cracked open. The only thing hiding your brain from sight was your hair. It's all patched up now of course.’

Angela stifled a gasp. She touched her head, hesitantly, but she could feel nothing. No signs of skull-cracking. The other Angela went on.

‘You were found later that morning by a jogger passing by. They called an ambulance, and you were brought to hospital. But time is running out, Angela. Time here, in your mind. Come on. You need to figure out how to get back, before your mind is closed off. Your mind, me, and… you.’

As the other Angela finished that sentence, an enormous pressure jammed into Angela’s chest. She stumbled backwards, clutching her chest area, as she felt a force slam into her again. She staggered backwards. The other Angela walked up to her, and whispered: ‘wake up, Angela’. She then made a pushing motion towards her chest and, suddenly, a violent force backed up against her. Angela was blown off her feet, and as her back slammed into the ground, everything lit up a blinding white…

Last edited:

Zorg

Spongetastic
Interesting, its nice to see someone fusing pokemon with a t.v show or to that they thought had a good storyline. So i am guessing that at the start of your post when you say that she begins to roam the Pokemon world, that you mean kind of like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?

I haven't read anybody's fan fics before, but this seems interesting and i too like the storyline of Life on Mars. I will continue reading this series (hopefully).

Yami Ryu

Alright first up you're walking a thin line with your character; a spoiled princess who is oppressed and is wanting to run away from home. And with how this was rushed, sorry but this first chapter felt more like a prologue than anything, there's very little to the character at first.

Also most speech quotation marks are " not the single '.

‘NO! I defy you, Angela, to take one more step! You are mine until you come of age, and upon that time shall be guided to the greater good!’ he retorted. Angela fought back a scream.

I've never heard anyone speak like this. Or speak like that about their own child. I defy you, really? It's I forbid you Angela! Don't you dare take another step or you will be punished! yada yada. And You are mine untill you come of age. Lol what, that sounds sexual. Mayhaps You are my child untill you come of age! But not before! or something. Just, the shout is so awkward.

‘Dad, for god’s sake, can’t you see that I’m not going to be twisted and controlled by you anymore! What’s the greater good, eh? Ask yourself that dad. The greater good. My life is mine t control!’ she replied, and made a grab for the door handle. Her dad, who had reached the bottom of the steps, charged for her, but she wrenched open the door and ran out, slamming it behind her.

Ok you don't have it she locked it or anything so what prevented him for charging after her. And I would have believed 'shouted out at him in frustration' but there's barely any emotional depth during the exchange of banter. And I don't think anyone would just stand and give a full speech- emotions are raging, tempers are boiling. There's a chance at freedom. Now's not the time to rant rightously or however it's spelt. It's time to flee.

She knew it wouldn’t be long before- no, wait. It had happened all ready. They’d released the Houndoom guards that protected their stately mansion from robbers. Running at full speed, she sprinted across the daintily trimmed hedges that line the gardens towards the steel gates at the end of the drive. The gravel path crunched underneath her feet, and she hit the steel gates with a rattle. She could hear the violent barks of the Houndoom behind her, and she struggled to get a solid footing on the slippery, wet gates, since it had been raining a lot earlier that evening.

Ok question. Do you know how fast dogs run? Very fast. Do you know how fast fit, guard dogs run? As fast as a trained police dog most likely. While you can outrun a person, you can't outrun a dog. Pokemon or not- and released so suddenly? Ha I doubt it, a dog would most likely be on patrol with people or out anyways. Meaning realistically she was mistaken for a robber and the dogs are going after her, or the handlers let them go. She'd be downed before reaching the gate and what would prevent them from attacking with flames and other attacks before that? You seem to have them so mindless as to not tell the difference between owner's child and robber, they would not have held back.

And she should struggle as you don't describe what the gates look like, if they're made of metal and the classic 'bars of iron' I doubt she'd have gotten much purchase at all.

A spike that stuck out at an angle - supposedly part of a pattern but, since it’s purchase, had always looked wonky - caught her foot, went straight through the sole of her foot, and sank deep in her skin. She suppressed a scream into a surprised gasp, and could feel blood gushing out of the wound.

How did it get her foot and not a hand or any other body part? And Caught her foot, sinking deep into her flesh as the skin on the sole of her foot offered little resistance describes it a bit better than just listing it basically.

And sorry but with THAT much of a damaging item, you WOULD scream in pain, sorry but your character is young, she's never felt pain before and would have little tolerance for it. This is not an ouch prick, this is an OUCH MY FOOT WAS ****ING STABBED.

Feeling the intense heat radiating from the hellhoundish dogs Pokemon behind her, she managed to swing herself over the gate. Her leg caught and twisted at an excruciatingly painful angle, and she screamed, before her head made contact with the floor.

Wouldn't that mean the Houndoom could in theory attack her? What was holding them back? Certainly not any handler or anything as nothing would have caught up to them. and what was preventing them from doing anything to get past the gate and to the robber? Dog's don't stop just cause you get out of the fence, I doubt a Fire pokemon would be stopped by a metal gate.

And what did her leg catch on, you hardly describe the gate, you hardly describe anything her leg would catch on. You seem to be going out of your way for giving her grievous injuries for little reason, and if she didn't scream at her foot being stabbed, why scream suddenly at a sudden wrenching of your leg? Or did her pain tolerance level get shot?

Waking up, the first thing she noticed was the numbness in her body. She could feel herself on something that was being moved. A trolley perhaps? Although she didn’t know it then, she was being rushed around a hospital in a stretcher.

Noooo... once you're out in a concusion, you aren't really gonna randomly wake up. Especially because you've been sedated most likely. This isn't like being sedated and waking up slightly while still being operated on. Yes I know what you are getting at, I experienced it while my ankle was being operated on in my first surgery, but the difference is your character took a severe blow to the head, you then have her pass out. If she did wake up she'd not even be with it enough to understand what's going on imo. Let alone make out words.

The other Angela smiled, knowingly. ‘Running away from your home, away from your parents. You tried to climb over the gate. You foot was impaled, your leg broken in 9 places, and your head cracked open. Literally, your skull cracked open about, ooh, let’s say, 5cm? The only thing hiding your hair from sight is your hair.’

Nine. Places. What.

Ok what are you smoking and where can I get some. How did she shatter her leg by just catching it on a gate. What is she some victim of Brittle Bone Disease? Don't you even know how strong a human bone is? I fell off a damn horse and i only broke my arm in one place. I fell off a ****ing monkey bar, and only broke my thigh bone. Last year I slipped and fell and broke two bones, in my ankle. And you're telling me a girl who barely did more than fling herself over a gate, catch her leg, probably the worst thing to do would be dislocating it or wrenching it badly, lands on her head but doesn't just crack her skull open but magically breaks her leg in nine, places?

What the crap are you smoking.

‘You were found later that morning by a jogger passing by. They called the police, and you were brought to hospital. But time is running out, Angela. Time here, in your mind. Come on. You need to figure out how to get back, before your mind is closed off. Your mind, me, and… you.’

What the ****- why didn't her parents take her. Why didn't the guards. The servants. Or are you having them as so 'abusive' they didn't care if she died? And the hell for that long no, sorry but she'd not have woken up, she'd probably be brain dead, or atleast she'd not really be in any state for anything. And with her injuries there'd probably be also paralasis and other nice goodies ...

Your character is a Tragedy Sue. Congratulations.

Edit: And it wouldn't be they called the police. They called 9-1-1 or whatever an emergency channel is. Police don't have medical training like EMT's.

Last edited:

lugia*master

Cheese XD
Hello! Thank you for your review, Yami Ryu, and for your appreciativeness, Zorg. I'm aware that most of the things you have said are true. Well, all of them actually, except the fact that, in my case, it would be 9-9-9, but that doesn't matter. I'm suprised that no-one noticed the lack of description. I purposefully lef that part out and it's goign to coem in the next chapter. Oh, and yes, it is a prologue, a crappy one at that, but I put it as a first chapter by accident. However, there are a few mistakes. When I said 'wake up', I didn't eman actually, wake up, I meant that she was in a barely-conscious state. I also wrote the words that the doctors or whoever were saying down, not that she could understand them, jsut so that readers knew what they were saying. No, wait, sorry, I did. Just checked, It wasn't supposed to be like that. sorry ^^. I know that 9 palces is a bit drastic, and I'm nto sure why I put nine. I think I was aiming for 6, but that would've been a bit much too. Let's settle for 'broke your leg' instead of however many palces it was broken in ^^. Oh, by the way, she didn't just catch ehr leg on a spike, if you read that bit, it'll say that, as she fell, her leg got caught and was twisted and snapped.

Anywhoo (that is copyrighted, by the way ^^) thanks for all the comments, I'm going to edit it now.

lugia*master

Cheese XD
Thanks^^
It wasn't reallt spiritual, or wasn't when I was writing it, it's sort of... well, it is a bit. I suppose ^^ Keep reading anyway. I don't think there'll be any of that sprirtual stuff until the end.

Yami Ryu

1. Mank 135 up, 66 down
Something that is disgusting to look at
that girl is mank
by Neb Sniggih Mar 9, 2004 share this
2. mank 11 up, 6 down
disgusting, rotten, y'know yourself, just plain "icky"
"eww shtate a him !! his hair is so greasy !! he's mank !!"

mank yet pearly white teeth

Wrong. Just wrong. You can't have; dirty rotten smelly stinky disgusting, icky, wretched, foul side by side with 'but despite being that, they were pearly white as if clean as the day they were born!'

She pulled herself up, but the hellhound-ish dogs had reached the gate with incredible speed. They barked and growled, a gross saliva seeping through clenched, mank yet pearly white teeth. The pounced up at her, and it was the most she could do to kick one away. It whimpered and fell to the ground, but got back up again.

Sorry but this does nothing; treating a fire breathing Pokemon as if it is a stupid brainless mutt, doesn't give you any saving grace. You still poorly executed this scene. I suggest you just drop the Houndoom utterly as you are, as I said, poorly using them. If your character attempted, and kicked one Houndoom, the rest would have managed to grab her before she recovered. I don't see her with lightning quick reflexes, and dogs can jump pretty high, as you don't really describe how tall the gate is.

The other thing is Houndoom use Fire.

She levered herself up to the top, and flopped otno the other side, hanging on with her hands. She attempted to jump down, but her foot got caught between two fo the bars, and she fell, twisted, and fractured her bone. She screamed at the excrutiating pain, tears streamign down her face, but it was cut short when her head connected with the ground.

Alright so A: she has enough skill to cling to a gate and kick a Houndoom in the face, avoid being flamethrowered or bitten by the rest. B: she doesn;'t have enough skill to swing herself over, and you don't have it because she's freaking out or anything. Without getting caught.

C: How does her leg catch and wrench, I am still trying to figure out what you're having it catch on exactly to cause such trauma. I should know as I said I've twisted and broken bones in ways and situations that have boggled doctors and caused several to think I was being abused.

Mean you ever break a leg while slipping? No. I did- it's why I made the comment of the BBD.

But again having her catch and simply break a leg doesn't solve anything. And if that was true, if she caught and it caused her to somehow stick in place for a few seconds, she might have been able to catch herself with her arms.

I somehow doubt you've ever broken any bone in your life, I doubt you really understand how strong bones are or the fact that what you're still doing is just, to much.

I mean on Smoking Gun Presents, a guy dry humped a cliff, with his face, and he was only hurt minorly. This girl catches her leg, breaks it and falls and cracks her skull. You also have her experience the pain to suddenly, have her reactions just instantaniously and you don't really bother to describe any of this.

Oh sure it is the prologue, but when your character is taking a beating and all that, sometimes it is nice to put some effort into it and show you do want your character to look realistic and not like a Sue --;

Edit: Re-reading, you have her leg catch between two bars. Once again, if she got stuck and broke a leg, I doubt she'd have slipped free easily to crack her skull. You don't have her struggle or do anything really. Just nothing. And this still doesn't explain anything, mean if her leg caught when she was almost on the ground then she'd not have cracked her skull; if the gate was higher, then it doesn't really explain her leg wrenching free if stuck. So yeah.

Last edited:

lugia*master

Cheese XD
Personally, and, this sin't anythign to do with the review, I'd liek you to shut up and stop telling me that I haven't broken any bone in my entire life, because you don't know a single thing abnout me.

And another thing, if you do have a little look see, you'll notice that they were trained not to kill, which, in this case, means told not to scorch someone with a flamethrower.

And I've put enough effort into it thank you very much.

And, if anyone else reads, this isn't goign to go onto a full blown argument, because Yami Ryu and I have agreed that it ends here. And it's not that I can't take constructive critisism, but this wasn't all constructive critisism. In fact, it was mostly critisism, I can't see anythign where it says how to improve on. If you don't like it, don't look. Simple as.

Status
Not open for further replies.