• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Crystalline Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there, but I was doing that RMT. Speaking of RMT...

The Team

302.gif
381.gif
485.gif
130.gif
466.gif
251.gif

302.gif

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
- Night Shade

This spot was originally occupied by a Deoxys-D. However, I found myself plagued by fighting type attacks, so I wanted a ghost. I chose Sableye because of prankster WoWs to cripple opponents, combined with Priority Taunts and Recover. It can take Close Combat hits from Terrakion, and completely check/counter Lucario.

381.gif

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Latios is one of my two and half Ground Immunities, and kind of a revenge killer. I use wise glasses to keep Latios alive as long as possible, and so I can keep my coverage moves. Psyshock OHKOs Blissey, and deals 50% to Gastrodon, landing me a 2HKO. Thunderbolt takes care of Jellicent well enough. Draco Meteor is what I use when I don’t think anything else will work. Surf is useful for coverage, though I usually switch to Heatran when I expect a fire attack.

485.gif

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is my fire tank, and a partial ground immunity. He takes care of the like of Ninetales real easy, and also takes on dragons very well. Until I lose the Air Balloon, I can use him as a levitater. I actually find myself switching from Celebi to Heatran (to take an HP fire/ice), only to emediatly switch to Latios to resist ground. I also use Heatran to take Stone Edge’s aimed at Gyarados. I’m considering switching Stealth Rock to another attack, cause I never use Stealth Rock anyways

130.gif

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 176 HP / 128 Atk / 204 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Gyarados is my main sweeper. I send him in on something I can easily set up on (like Scizor), set up, and procide with the KOing. Substitute blocks annoying status from toxic, T-wave, and WoW respectively, and provides me with a turn of set up. I use bounce over Stone edge to take care of grass types, and for dual STAB.

466.gif

Electivire (F) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Cross Chop

Electivire is my other main sweeper. It switches into an electric attack aimed at Gyarados, (which gives it +1 speed), and then starts a sweep of it’s own. This moveset provides a supereffective attack against most pokemon, so Expert Belt is the item of choice. The thing that worries me most here is ferrothorn, cause between cross chops unreliability and ferrothorns leech seed / protect and iron barbs, I lost a lot of HP. If a ground type attack is sent it’s way, I can switch to latios or Gyarados (or even Heatran if the situation permits)(Whichever fits the situation best), and deal with the threat.

251.gif

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Celebi was originally chosen because I needed something to take on Gastrodon, because my Gyarados / Electivire core is completely walled by it’s dual water / ground immunities. I turned it into a revenge killer, because the defensive set wasn’t quite doing it for me. I was actually surprised that it didn’t get psyshock, so the only problem is blissey. I have to switch for that, but it’s fine.

Yes, yes...Evire. I love Evire for that type coverage, and everyone told me it was a stupid sweeper choice :p

Usatoday

Eternal God
Your House:Amethyst
Opponent's House:Citrine
Opponent's Name:USAtoday
Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win, 1-0
Rate your performance out of 50:25
Rate opponent's performance out of 50:30
Any improvements for opponent: just go for the shroom next time
Any thing else worth mentioning?: IthoughtIwassodeadbuthemissplayedhiswin:eek:
SIGH I had that on lock down i should of iron headed when i went out into bisharp which i shouldnt of

BOTD
Jonah i suggest you watch this battle as it shows something i swore i would never use​

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
Now that we have No Preview in standard OU...
We can use Gyara+Evire.
Would Ferro + Heatran work on the same principle?

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior

SIGH I had that on lock down i should of iron headed when i went out into bisharp which i shouldnt of

BOTD
Jonah i suggest you watch this battle as it shows something i swore i would never use​

YOU USED SOMETHING THAT SETS UP?!

Ahem...I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as LC Ubers. If it does in fact exist...

Wynauts
Wynauts everywhere

EDIT: Usa, I don't mean offense, but that was terrible usage of Sucker Punch. When someone knows you have SP, they're just gonna bide their time with setups until you run out of PP for it, then kill all of your team. If you hadn't had as much priority, you would've been completely powerless.

Last edited:

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Ahem...I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as LC Ubers. If it does in fact exist...

Wynauts
Wynauts everywhere

EDIT: Usa, I don't mean offense, but that was terrible usage of Sucker Punch. When someone knows you have SP, they're just gonna bide their time with setups until you run out of PP for it, then kill all of your team. If you hadn't had as much priority, you would've been completely powerless.

It is a tier, but its only PO, not Smogon.
Its kinda stupid.

DAICC: RP:254 4W/1D/10L [-2] Crystals:0 House:Amethyst Rank:Apprentice

Shadow Stalker

Your House:Zircon
Opponent's House:Amethyst
Opponent's Name:Jazz14456_Whenwilltheychangeitback
Win/Loss/Draw + Score:win 2-0
Rate your performance out of 50:40
Rate opponent's performance out of 50:40
Any improvements for opponent:N/A
Any thing else worth mentioning?:i used a cheap team :)

Soperman

The One and Only
Thats cool with me.
BTW, for anyone who doesn't know, I'm Weavile39 with a name change.
OOOOOHHHHHH I REMEMBER YOU
DoM edited into my post above.

YAY CITRINE WINS SILVER!
>Citrine was 2nd

I somehow get the feeling that this is completely my fault for laying on the couch and drinking beers while channel surfing when I should've been battling. I'm a terrible person :(
Meanwhile, I was being super active on PO and losing all of my battles. I'm not a terrible person :D

Now, before I continue, Rating Aeon's Team:
Looks good, but you can't really call Heatran a tank if it's Timid with max Speed and Special Attack. I find that a physically defensive set works really well. It has actually survived Earthquakes before. Gyarados may want Intimidate, to make setting up easier.

I opened the spoiler.

DAICC: RP:261 4W/1D/9L [-1] Crystals:0 House:Amethyst Rank:Apprentice

EDIT: Beat mcdanger in a LC 4-0.
Cool.

Well I'm calling him hands. That sounds so much cooler!

Welcome, Hands! Heehee, I like saying that. But anyway, no matter how horrible of a battler you are, the entire purpose of a clan (or at least some of it) is to improve the skills of its members. If you ever need help, there are a lot of people who can assist you, myself included.

Tell that to PR.
This.

Emerald it is, welcome to the Clan, glad to have you in my division!

Do you reckon you could post some more Divisions as choices?

Welcome to the clan, Sinnoh it is!

Amethyst it is, welcome to the clan!

----

So, I'm back now (WOO) and I'll post again soon with Division of the Month.

However, we do need to cut down on spam. That means random pictures, talk of non-competitive pokemon games, '4000 woo' posts etc etc

-----

Ok, Division of the Month time.

Let me explain how they are now calculated:

Firstly, you find 10% of the Clans total members (rounded to nearest whole number). This time, it equalled 6. You then find the top people in each Division equal to this number, so you'd find the Top 6 in each Division. You add the RP of these people together. This gives the Total.

So, the results are as follows:

Zircon, with 1001 Points

Emerald, with 1680 Points

Tourmaline, with 2022 Points

Citrine, with 2400 Points

Amethyst, with 2596 Points!

Well done to everyone involved! I'll get a Userbar Trophy requested soon.
Give it a dragonite.
DoM edited into my post above.
It doesn't say Magic + others :(
>Citrine was 2nd

I somehow get the feeling that this is completely my fault for laying on the couch and drinking beers while channel surfing when I should've been battling. I'm a terrible person :(
You don't sound terrible, letting me win. I mean us.

Now that we have No Preview in standard OU...
We can use Gyara+Evire.
Would Ferro + Heatran work on the same principle?
Ferrothorn draws in fighting types as well, so you would need a ghost. Chandelure with a balloon may work better.

Wynauts
Wynauts everywhere

I KNEW LC UBERS EXISTS. Other than that i have miniml LC knowledge. And yet I was requested to tutor someone in it. I like people that don't read.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
OOOOOHHHHHH I REMEMBER YOU

YAY CITRINE WINS SILVER!

Meanwhile, I was being super active on PO and losing all of my battles. I'm not a terrible person :D

Now, before I continue, Rating Aeon's Team:
Looks good, but you can't really call Heatran a tank if it's Timid with max Speed and Special Attack. I find that a physically defensive set works really well. It has actually survived Earthquakes before. Gyarados may want Intimidate, to make setting up easier.

Cool.

Did I say A tank or To tank? When I say to tank, I usually mean to take hits. Which he does with fire.

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Name: Jazz14456_Whenwilltheychangeitback
Tier: OU
Prefered tutor(s): USA would be nice.
Area of tutoring: I honestly don't know which part of OU I suck at, so whatever that is.

Tier: LC
Prefered tutor(s): Idc.
Area of tutoring: Everything.

Tier: OU
Prefered tutor(s): USA would be nice.
Area of tutoring: I honestly don't know which part of OU I suck at, so whatever that is.

Tier: LC
Prefered tutor(s): Idc.
Area of tutoring: Everything.

I did say to PM them to me. That way I can keep track of them all easier.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
>Left at about 3:40
>No new posts
>Come back
>New posts

I'm cursed.

Jazz, maybe you just need more self-confidence. Don't go into battle thinking you're going to lose, or there's no avoiding it! What you need to do is put yourself in a position that makes you feel confident. Maybe play some awesome battle music.

EDIT: Magic...that battle...was that...was that...

The Azumarill...I made...?

Last edited:

Psycho Cut

Just a notice to get your FRPL matches done asap guys!

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior

Psycho Cut

I've updated the FRPL post with all the info. You'll be against Spiderman123.

Who is on right now.
I beleive im fighting sky, whom I have barely seen (Once, as I left)

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Who is on right now.
I beleive im fighting sky, whom I have barely seen (Once, as I left)

... He seems to have left....
Which means unless he gets his butt here, you win. -.-

I'll try that Jonah... maybe it will work.

GET READY TO LOSE, ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!

Big FRPL news. My contract hasn't too much time left. I may change teams, contact me with offers managers, should you so wish to purchase the Mighty monkey. But I have loyalty to consider, and favouritism. So offer high, or go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.