• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Crystalline Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Won my FRPL battle~! I'm better than Prohawk

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
Big FRPL news. My contract hasn't too much time left. I may change teams, contact me with offers managers, should you so wish to purchase the Mighty monkey. But I have loyalty to consider, and favouritism. So offer high, or go home.

Starts at five cpw and goes up one crystal per week.
Deal?
In a year you would be making fifty-seven crystals per week, while everyone else is paying people in the twenties.

Starts at five cpw and goes up one crystal per week.
Deal?
In a year you would be making fifty-seven crystals per week, while everyone else is paying people in the twenties.

Negotitions or however you spell it should be PM/VM'd really.

Soperman

The One and Only
Big FRPL news. My contract hasn't too much time left. I may change teams, contact me with offers managers, should you so wish to purchase the Mighty monkey. But I have loyalty to consider, and favouritism. So offer high, or go home.
You have 2 or 3 weeks left .__.

Anyway, my computer is being incredibly wonky, and potentially has a virus, which means no PO for a while, which means utter suck.

You have 2 or 3 weeks left .__.

Anyway, my computer is being incredibly wonky, and potentially has a virus, which means no PO for a while, which means utter suck.

Still bringing in those wins. Mossdeep claim a 4-0 victory.

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
[blue]
EDIT: What the heck happened to my sig????
The userbars are gone...

Hmm I noticed that while catching up on posts. Unfortunately Photobucket is down so I can't get on and see what the problem is. But others seem to have their userbars =S Hopefully I'll be able to sort it out quickly

I'm assuming this is DPP OU?

-.-

*facedesk*

Jazz, with all due respect, who in their right mind would use Sableye before it got Prankster? Also Gyarados has Moxie, Latios has Psyshock, and EVire has Wild Charge, but you have to open the spoiler for those :p

^^ Silly Jazz =]

Scarf Latios is better than specs

Also I think that Intimidate would be better on that Gyarados set as it can force switches meaning more DD boosts. Bouce is fine

Define better?? Sure it can revenge almost anything but Specs Latios is amazing too. The ability to OHKO Dnite with Multiscale is not to be dismissed.

Yeah, no sonicboom or dragon rage, and pokemon like scyther and murkrow are banned in normal LC, but legal in ubers.
^ grammar nazi on myself. RUN-ON

Actually right now everything is unbanned on PO so the LC ladder is a total mess.

Now that we have No Preview in standard OU...
We can use Gyara+Evire.
Would Ferro + Heatran work on the same principle?

Well people often do. But it's very predictable and Heatran doesn't get a speed boost like Evire, which is one of the best points about GyaraVire

Tell that to PR.

Give it a dragonite.

Ferrothorn draws in fighting types as well, so you would need a ghost. Chandelure with a balloon may work better.

I KNEW LC UBERS EXISTS. Other than that i have miniml LC knowledge. And yet I was requested to tutor someone in it. I like people that don't read.

But we're not PR =]

I second the Dnite...Or maybe a Ttar

Balloon Chandy would be a perfect partner for Ferro

I could tutor LC if necessary. It's an incredibly fun tier

I beleive im fighting sky, whom I have barely seen (Once, as I left)

Yea, timezones I think. I see him on heaps

Haha well since you won, I may have to agree. Woo Jonah!!

Usatoday

Eternal God
I did say to PM them to me. That way I can keep track of them all easier.
Actually it maks it eadier for the tutors to see who we have also i believe that fills me up also can you add UU to mine as well thanks :]
-_- when you beat his best OU team ill buythat but not now

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
Hmm I noticed that while catching up on posts. Unfortunately Photobucket is down so I can't get on and see what the problem is. But others seem to have their userbars =S Hopefully I'll be able to sort it out quickly

-.-

^^ Silly Jazz =]

Define better?? Sure it can revenge almost anything but Specs Latios is amazing too. The ability to OHKO Dnite with Multiscale is not to be dismissed.

Actually right now everything is unbanned on PO so the LC ladder is a total mess.

Well people often do. But it's very predictable and Heatran doesn't get a speed boost like Evire, which is one of the best points about GyaraVire

But we're not PR =]

I second the Dnite...Or maybe a Ttar

Balloon Chandy would be a perfect partner for Ferro

I could tutor LC if necessary. It's an incredibly fun tier

Yea, timezones I think. I see him on heaps

Haha well since you won, I may have to agree. Woo Jonah!!

I would take a tutor....

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior

Twas a joke, I know Prohawk is better than me. By 1209387429387u982379782 cubits. And yes, there is a u in that number.

Toyo

Wandering Caretaker
Just a notice to get your FRPL matches done asap guys!

Shadow already won, so, I don't even care. Party.

Twas a joke, I know Prohawk is better than me. By 1209387429387u982379782 cubits. And yes, there is a u in that number.

I didn't notice the u in there the first time....

Also, I haven't done any clan battles in forever. Probably because I'm too afraid of losing what little RP I have. ;-; Anybody else do this?

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
B]Your House:[/B] Amethyst
Opponent's House: Emerald
Opponent's Name: Lia Wynn
Win/Loss/Draw + Score: 4-2 win
Rate your performance out of 50:
Rate opponent's performance out of 50:
Any improvements for opponent:
Any thing else worth mentioning?: Good game

mparr65

Also, I haven't done any clan battles in forever. Probably because I'm too afraid of losing what little RP I have. ;-; Anybody else do this?

Tyoyo I'm in the same boat. Scared of ruining my 1/0/9 record :p

Eaglehawk

Banned
=[ Well I hope you read this farewell message too, good luck with your education. Hopefully you find those extra couple of hours to play a few games of Pokemon =]

I reckon Amoongus will get bumped up a few tiers once the usage figures are implemented. Probably not OU, I think it'll thrive in UU though. Same with Cincinno. Although unless the opponent is asleep I think Tail Slap is preferred to Wake Up Slap

It's called Skill Link tail Slap friends, not Technician.

Eaglehawk

Banned
I was there, but I was doing that RMT. Speaking of RMT...

The Team

302.gif
381.gif
485.gif
130.gif
466.gif
251.gif

302.gif

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
- Night Shade

This spot was originally occupied by a Deoxys-D. However, I found myself plagued by fighting type attacks, so I wanted a ghost. I chose Sableye because of prankster WoWs to cripple opponents, combined with Priority Taunts and Recover. It can take Close Combat hits from Terrakion, and completely check/counter Lucario.

381.gif

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Latios is one of my two and half Ground Immunities, and kind of a revenge killer. I use wise glasses to keep Latios alive as long as possible, and so I can keep my coverage moves. Psyshock OHKOs Blissey, and deals 50% to Gastrodon, landing me a 2HKO. Thunderbolt takes care of Jellicent well enough. Draco Meteor is what I use when I don’t think anything else will work. Surf is useful for coverage, though I usually switch to Heatran when I expect a fire attack.

485.gif

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is my fire tank, and a partial ground immunity. He takes care of the like of Ninetales real easy, and also takes on dragons very well. Until I lose the Air Balloon, I can use him as a levitater. I actually find myself switching from Celebi to Heatran (to take an HP fire/ice), only to emediatly switch to Latios to resist ground. I also use Heatran to take Stone Edge’s aimed at Gyarados. I’m considering switching Stealth Rock to another attack, cause I never use Stealth Rock anyways

130.gif

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 176 HP / 128 Atk / 204 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Gyarados is my main sweeper. I send him in on something I can easily set up on (like Scizor), set up, and procide with the KOing. Substitute blocks annoying status from toxic, T-wave, and WoW respectively, and provides me with a turn of set up. I use bounce over Stone edge to take care of grass types, and for dual STAB.

466.gif

Electivire (F) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Cross Chop

Electivire is my other main sweeper. It switches into an electric attack aimed at Gyarados, (which gives it +1 speed), and then starts a sweep of it’s own. This moveset provides a supereffective attack against most pokemon, so Expert Belt is the item of choice. The thing that worries me most here is ferrothorn, cause between cross chops unreliability and ferrothorns leech seed / protect and iron barbs, I lost a lot of HP. If a ground type attack is sent it’s way, I can switch to latios or Gyarados (or even Heatran if the situation permits)(Whichever fits the situation best), and deal with the threat.

251.gif

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Celebi was originally chosen because I needed something to take on Gastrodon, because my Gyarados / Electivire core is completely walled by it’s dual water / ground immunities. I turned it into a revenge killer, because the defensive set wasn’t quite doing it for me. I was actually surprised that it didn’t get psyshock, so the only problem is blissey. I have to switch for that, but it’s fine.

I'm not doing a full rate, but I'll pick it apart.
1) GyaraVire is sooo old and so useless. Everyone literally stopped using that since early Gen 4.
2) Don't use Ice fang. Bounce/Waterfall gives you better coverage.

I'll pick it apart later, when I'm not lazy (tomorrow)

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
Actually, cause of my success with USAtoday and the all star country team, I'm considering switching elective to thunderous T. Thoughts on that?

Actually it maks it eadier for the tutors to see who we have also i believe that fills me up also can you add UU to mine as well thanks :]

True, but Then I would have to go and find every single post when I started tutoring.
Tyoyo I'm in the same boat. Scared of ruining my 1/0/9 record :p
Brilliant record.
It's called Skill Link tail Slap friends, not Technician.
Technician has its uses, with wake up slap, and boosting bullet seed, tail slap and rock blast. On average the multi hitters are boosted less (100% 5 hit, vs 37.5 3 effctive hit, 37.5 4.5 effective hits, 12.5 for 6 or 7.5, doing cnsiderably more damage)

I'm not doing a full rate, but I'll pick it apart.
1) GyaraVire is sooo old and so useless. Everyone literally stopped using that since early Gen 4.
2) Don't use Ice fang. Bounce/Waterfall gives you better coverage.

I'll pick it apart later, when I'm not lazy (tomorrow)
No team preview, less gyravire. However, a team full of immunities can screw a bad player, as they constantly over predict, if you have a gastrodon, a gengar, an electivire, a heatran, something with sap sipper and a dark type, oyur opponent could over predict with almost nay type of attack they use, fearing an immunity and potential boost.
My BW friend code is 2709 3219 2219

I'll add that later.

Status
Not open for further replies.