• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Crystalline Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your House:TEAM TOURMALINE
Opponent's House:Zircon
Opponent's Name:lodestar
Win/Loss/Draw + Score:win 4-0
Rate your performance out of 50: 45
Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 32
Any improvements for opponent:~
Any thing else worth mentioning?:http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-CGSneaselFTW-vs-CGlodestar--2012-08-08

Edit: If thats a PCS userbar, then no. if thats not, then yes if you fill out the form in the OP.

Lol...I love focus miss so much. Such a good move (Sarcam intended)

Your House: Zircon
Opponent's House: ???
Opponent's Name: Believer
Win/Loss/Draw + Score:Win 3-0
Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 45
Any improvements for opponent: Naw
Any thing else worth mentioning?: My hatred for sand teams can only grow stronger.

Last edited:
Psychic Swordsman is my younger brother, and I've been looking for a new clan, so I'd like to join this one, if I may.

Forum Name:razorrozar7
PO Name:[CG]SamuelRazor
5th Gen Friend Code(s):None currently
Timezone (in GMT):GMT-5
Your preference of Divisions (descending):Citrine, Amethyst, Emerald, Zircon, Tourmaline
Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!:4. I'm inexperienced, but I learn quick and I rarely lose twice to the same person.
A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention:
I only have internet at the library, currently, so I may be inactive for short periods. I'll do my best to be on as much as I can.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Psychic Swordsman is my younger brother, and I've been looking for a new clan, so I'd like to join this one, if I may.

Your preference of Divisions (descending):Citrine, Amethyst, Emerald, Zircon, Tourmaline
Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!:4. I'm inexperienced, but I learn quick and I rarely lose twice to the same person.
A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention:
I only have internet at the library, currently, so I may be inactive for short periods. I'll do my best to be on as much as I can.

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf

You'll have to wait for a leader to get on to accept you, but you can go on our PO channel right now.

BLUES.

Something else
Battles Of The Week

Ubers OU UU NU CC

Synergy Time
Gengar's Fury
094.gif
625.gif
392.gif

094.gif

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Nature Naive
Ability Levitate
Evs 100 Atk 152 SAtk 252 Spd
Shadow Ball
Taunt
Focus Punch
Substitute
Say hello to a gengar set devised to take on gengars typical counters such as tyranitar porygon2 ferrothorn heatran and even blissey. With the provided evs gengar will always 2 hit ko blissey after stealth rocks and will almost always ohko tyranitar. Now while it may be hard to set up a substitute on a tyranitar it will be if they set up rocks or predict you to switch out if they lack pursuit which is unusual to not have but just incase. Taunt will shut down pokemon such as forretress skarmory and blissey as it will prevent them from recovering or setting up hazards. Taunt also helps in cases such as dragonite when gengar is almost dead taunt will enable gengar to stop dragonite from setting up a dragon dance or stopping lucario from swords dancing/nasty plotting. Shadow ball will enable it to get a stab move and a handy attack for reuniclus and opposing gengar however uncommon they are.

625.gif

Bisharp @ Leftovers
Nature Adamant
Ability Defiant
Evs 252 HP 252 Atk 4 Def
Sucker Punch
Iron Head
Thunder Wave
Stealth Rock
Taking a page from magic's book I've decided to give bisharp a try in OU and i have to say this set has worked wonders for this particular core as it can sponge two outrages from a salamence and then thunder wave it after the second one and potentially get parafusion or paraflinch with iron head which receives a nice stab move while still maintaining the 30% flinch not as good as jirachi but a better attack stat. Stealth rock enables hit to get a form of entry hazard on this core while being able to break multiscale and hurt volcarona. Finally there's sucker punch which enables it to hit gengar and pokemon like it for super effective damage while maintaining a form of dual priority with infernape and on the team i run ice shard support from donphan

392.gif

Infernape @ Life Orb
Nature Jolly
Ability Iron Fist
Mach Punch
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch
Swords Dance
Say hello to the monkey that hasn't been stopped since fourth gen and still won't. Now jonah you can hide your face in the sand as I am indeed running a set up set on infernape itself. Now this set focuses on setting up on something weak such as a ferrothorn or forretress and set up a swords dance to have infernape sweep. Now mach punch is favored over close combat not just because it gets a boost from iron fist but it also will ohko terrakion and tyranitar. It will also let it from being ohko'd by lucario's or dragonite's extremespeed. Fire punch will let it hit ferrothorn and venusaur while thunder punch will ohko politoed after a swords dance just beware of scarf variants.
I see a gengar.
It's a different gengar, so I like gengar.
If we could use more that 4 moves...say 6...You could still end up with thousands of viable gengar movesets. Gengar has so many toys and many ways to play with them..
E speed from Luke does about half to your ape, and rocks does ape no favors in hoping to survive E speed. Conk might be able to help as he could tank an espeed or CC and drain that MOFO of his Hp whilst OHKO'ing it.
Can I join?
Only if you can use the registration form found under the arcanine banner on the first page of our thread.

Welcome to the clan sir.

Last edited:

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
I have a proposition, guys.

Suppose a new member joins and wants an initiation battle ASAP. But the only time they can do it, for some reason, is right when they join, and no leaders are online. They're out of luck.

So why don't we allow the better non-leaders, such as Blues and Prohawk, to conduct test battles as well? (And I don't include myself in this, shocker) That way, even if everyone has a tight schedule, odds are that there will be someone to give a test battle no matter when someone joins.

You do realize that Psycho is extremely lenient about this rule? So it doesn't matter.

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
Your House:TEAM TOURMALINE
Opponent's House:Zircon
Opponent's Name:lodestar
Win/Loss/Draw + Score:win 4-0
Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 32
Any improvements for opponent:~
Any thing else worth mentioning?:http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-CGSneaselFTW-vs-CGlodestar--2012-08-08

Edit: If thats a PCS userbar, then no. if thats not, then yes if you fill out the form in the OP.
Woop someone from tourmaline had a battle!

and also people keep userbars from old clans so fill out an app right away ... like now!
but if youre still in pcs then its bad

So, I've got an avatar now

woop!

loooooooool now someone else to boss jonah around

accepted! Citrine!

You do realize that Psycho is extremely lenient about this rule? So it doesn't matter.

This to some degree.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior

Soperman

The One and Only
Wow, dat banner. . .

I thought it was the original series lol, and in the last several says since my laptop was broken i just sat and watched almost all of the series again on netflix (Wii and internet, America frick yeah!)

So now i'm on a last airbender kick, and once my laptop fixed itself, rather than write a chapter like a good author, I looked at your banner again and was like "dafuq? where Zuko's scar" then i discovered Legend of Korra. I'm a tad ashamed of not knowing it before now, my life is so much more fulfilled now that iv spent most of the day watching episodes of Korra, so thank you.

So who did you put forward for this battle, eh?

Either way, your going DOWN! I have complete faith in my battler! And this is not just to pump myself up because you have Mmonkey on your team! lolsadness. . .

Anyway, As soon as i finish a chapter of TCW, I'll be on PO, so see ya never. . . Not really.

One thing though, Is Arbok or Seviper more viable? I'm trying to make a Poison monotype and no poison monotype is complete without a snake of some sort.
Lol, my quote. That made me laugh x)
Anyway, yeah, the original series was fantastic, and because it was so popular, they decided on making Korra. Originally it was supposed to be a mini series, but there are going to be three more seasons to this show, so yay :D
I'm glad I helped improve your life :)
Hey, it's Believer. Sorry I haven't been around in a while, I haven't really been on the computer :\ So I guess it's been more than two weeks, so may I sign up again?

Forum Name: Believer30
PO Name*: [CG] Believer
5th Gen Friend Code(s): 4599-0356-4260
Timezone (in GMT)***: GMT-5
Your preference of Divisions (descending)**: Zircon, Citrine, Amethyst, Tourmaline, Emerald.
Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!: 6.
A brief description of yourself, along with anything else you'd like to mention: Well, I'm not the best battler, but I will get better with more experience. I like offensive and balanced teams with no weather condition. I am also in the Wi-fi OU tier.
Lol, welcome back I guess ^^
So, I've got an avatar now
YAAAAAAAAAAAY DRAGONITE
So yeah, go on PO and battle away =)

Haha, The Swordsman's big bro xD
Welcome aboard!
Can I join?
Forum Name:ventus011
PO Name*: [CG] John
Your preference of Divisions (descending):Emerald,Zircon,Amethyst,Citrine,Tourmaline
Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!:5. Not very good yet...
Lol, you edited it just as I was quoting you. Welcome to CG! A leader will assign you shortly.
Oh, an take out the userbar in sig, as cool as Kyogre is.

Psycho Cut

Well, would you mind giving me an initiation battle? If not, I'll try to convince my parents to let me download PO.
Sure. Drop me a VM/PM and we can work something out

Ok, so hearthome's only player is psycho. hmmm..... LODESTAR I CHOOSE YOOOOU.
Actually, I'm the stand-in manager. Spiderman is the player.

Just reread the FRPL rules, and it seems more like football than Pokemon XP
Where do you think the inspiration comes from? ;)

btw, when do we actually switch tiers for the FRPL?
It'd be nice if everyone read the rules. It's when your Manager can and does upgrade your Stage.

Can I join?
Forum Name:ventus011
PO Name*: [CG] John
Your preference of Divisions (descending):Emerald,Zircon,Amethyst,Citrine,Tourmaline
Rate your battling out of 10, be honest!:5. Not very good yet...
Emerald it is, welcome to the clan! :) Glad to have you in my division!

Amethyst it is :)

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf

You'll have to wait for a leader to get on to accept you, but you can go on our PO channel right now.
Could you not have just gone downstairs and told him that or something?

3 hours tops but fill out the app first
There no way you can put a time on it, it's just whenever a leader can get on. And yes, he has filled in an application.

Eaglehawk

Banned
It's Wednesday, gaiz!

RANDOM MOVESET OF THE WEEK

Today's set features the only one I've ever repeated: Togekiss! (Bear with me.)

Togekiss@Leftovers
Modest/Timid Nature
Serene Grace
252 HP/252 SAtk/4 Spe (Modest)/4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe (Timid)
-Ominous Wind
-AncientPower
-Silver Wind
-Air Slash/Aura Sphere/Roost

The gimmick here is that all three of these moves have 20% chance to raise all of your stats at once. Seeing as how you can use them all 8 times, it's pretty likely that you can get +6 in everything. Air Slash is for STAB, Aura Sphere gives perfect coverage, and Roost heals you, of course.

...Please don't shoot me for this.

EDIT: Just noticed that SE sigged something I said. *pumps fist*
Still gonna shoot it down, but not now. Too lazy.
Battles Of The Week

Ubers OU UU NU CC

Synergy Time
Gengar's Fury
094.gif
625.gif
392.gif

094.gif

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Nature Naive
Ability Levitate
Evs 100 Atk 152 SAtk 252 Spd
Shadow Ball
Taunt
Focus Punch
Substitute
Say hello to a gengar set devised to take on gengars typical counters such as tyranitar porygon2 ferrothorn heatran and even blissey. With the provided evs gengar will always 2 hit ko blissey after stealth rocks and will almost always ohko tyranitar. Now while it may be hard to set up a substitute on a tyranitar it will be if they set up rocks or predict you to switch out if they lack pursuit which is unusual to not have but just incase. Taunt will shut down pokemon such as forretress skarmory and blissey as it will prevent them from recovering or setting up hazards. Taunt also helps in cases such as dragonite when gengar is almost dead taunt will enable gengar to stop dragonite from setting up a dragon dance or stopping lucario from swords dancing/nasty plotting. Shadow ball will enable it to get a stab move and a handy attack for reuniclus and opposing gengar however uncommon they are.

625.gif

Bisharp @ Leftovers
Nature Adamant
Ability Defiant
Evs 252 HP 252 Atk 4 Def
Sucker Punch
Iron Head
Thunder Wave
Stealth Rock
Taking a page from magic's book I've decided to give bisharp a try in OU and i have to say this set has worked wonders for this particular core as it can sponge two outrages from a salamence and then thunder wave it after the second one and potentially get parafusion or paraflinch with iron head which receives a nice stab move while still maintaining the 30% flinch not as good as jirachi but a better attack stat. Stealth rock enables hit to get a form of entry hazard on this core while being able to break multiscale and hurt volcarona. Finally there's sucker punch which enables it to hit gengar and pokemon like it for super effective damage while maintaining a form of dual priority with infernape and on the team i run ice shard support from donphan

392.gif

Infernape @ Life Orb
Nature Jolly
Ability Iron Fist
Mach Punch
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch
Swords Dance
Say hello to the monkey that hasn't been stopped since fourth gen and still won't. Now jonah you can hide your face in the sand as I am indeed running a set up set on infernape itself. Now this set focuses on setting up on something weak such as a ferrothorn or forretress and set up a swords dance to have infernape sweep. Now mach punch is favored over close combat not just because it gets a boost from iron fist but it also will ohko terrakion and tyranitar. It will also let it from being ohko'd by lucario's or dragonite's extremespeed. Fire punch will let it hit ferrothorn and venusaur while thunder punch will ohko politoed after a swords dance just beware of scarf variants.
Cute Core, only that no one uses SubPunch Gengar anymore since Gen III OU. Too weak and too unreliable, especially against stuff from Gen V.
Amethyst it is :)

Jhen already assigned him citrine. I'm not sure which one should the database adhere to.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Actually psycho i say three because jhen and magic are on around 3-5 so i kind of can plus thats when your on

tomjames1966

Your House:Citrine
Opponent's House:Emerald
Opponent's Name:Sparkbeat
Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 3-0
Rate your performance out of 50:45
Rate opponent's performance out of 50:45
Any improvements for opponent:
Any thing else worth mentioning?:I love Sand Veil

Last edited:

BLUES.

Something else