• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Crystalline Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
Haha, it's not you MS, sorry :D

Few things I need to address by the looks of things:

Appearing in the Story - The Fanfic, as I've said, is mostly going to follow the Missions. In fact, the first Chapter sets the scene for the first Mission and it should go up around the same type as the Mission post. The better you do in the Missions, the more you'll feature in the story. I can reveal that the aforementioned First Mission will feature a 'Strike Team' consisting of the two, possibly three, highest ranked members in each Division. So you guys are guaranteed an appearance then, at least.

Hmmm, do I count as a high rank? And those missions mut be on B/W or BW2 right? I don't have any of those games... Can't you just make missions like don't use any Dragon or Steel type and reach like to 1200 on the PO ladder or so? (that was an example).

Zachmac

I thought about that. We will have leaders who leave/ are inactive/ become ill-suited, especially because we have five, not one or two. A change in leadership will be necessary at times.
The solution?
Someone becomes a mod. We simply repost the clan once we need a third change.
I support this idea. I've always wanted to be a mod.

Reposting will only close the clan for a day or two, and the only thing it'll really effect is the post count.

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
Hmmm, do I count as a high rank? And those missions mut be on B/W or BW2 right? I don't have any of those games... Can't you just make missions like don't use any Dragon or Steel type and reach like to 1200 on the PO ladder or so? (that was an example).

No. If I understand correctly, its not like that at all. It wouldn't be some kind of goal on the ladder, or using the games.
There was something very similar to it at the BA.
And gosh, I need my ranking to go up....
BUT STINKING PO IS SO GLITCHY I CAN'T EVEN BATTLE.
Silly developers.

Thanks Zachmac.

Metroid

Look at my post.
which all teams have a manager so far

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
^ That doesn't matter much.
Maybe we can make rules about Spamming and really do something about it, I've seen enough spam-messages here.
And I can be a leader, but I guess the clan don't want me... I've been a leader a few times I think Ancient Ruins, Mythical Magesties, Co: Sheer Force, ehmm bad memory...

Edit: I thought this post was under Zachmach's, but it isn't so the ''^'' is to Zachmach.

Jazz14456_Plebeian

^ That doesn't matter much.
Maybe we can make rules about Spamming and really do something about it, I've seen enough spam-messages here.
And I can be a leader, but I guess the clan don't want me... I've been a leader a few times I think Ancient Ruins, Mythical Magesties, Co: Sheer Force, ehmm bad memory...

Edit: I thought this post was under Zachmach's, but it isn't so the ''^'' is to Zachmach.

Says the person who was just talking about there post count.
But agreed, I think we all would make the sacrifice of messed up post count. And I can reasonably say that considering I'm trying really hard to beat the two people above me.

Usatoday

Eternal God
For posting in clans you don't get you post count leveled.

Actually the number of posts they have in the thread also what are your thoughts on banded spiritomb?

Toyo

Wandering Caretaker
Haha, it's not you MS, sorry :D

Few things I need to address by the looks of things:

Appearing in the Story - The Fanfic, as I've said, is mostly going to follow the Missions. In fact, the first Chapter sets the scene for the first Mission and it should go up around the same type as the Mission post. The better you do in the Missions, the more you'll feature in the story. I can reveal that the aforementioned First Mission will feature a 'Strike Team' consisting of the two, possibly three, highest ranked members in each Division. So you guys are guaranteed an appearance then, at least.

Ok then... Zircon might as well be nonexistent in this story then... As it would be great if somebody could claim to be active in Zircon besides me...

Jazz14456_Plebeian

PremierLeague.png

FRPL News and Announcement

1/7/12: The FRPL kicks off! Anyone wanting to apply for a Manager position should use the form below. Note that applying may not automatically grant you the place. Only when all the Manager positions have been filled will Players be Signed. Oh, and Jhen has reserved Ecruteak!

Code:
Name:
Team you're Applying For:
Why you should be Manager:

The FRPL Explained

The FRPL is a chance for everyone to get involved in something, support, or play for, a team and do their bit to get their team success and glory! The FRPL works much like any other leauge. There are 10 teams, who each face off against each other and the team with the most points at the end, wins! Of course, things are not quite that simple, as there are many random events and changes to matches. More than pure battling skill will be needed to triumph!

Each Team is made up of a Manger and some Players. The Manager has quite a few roles: firstly, to decide who is battling, there are many factors which may influence this decision; secondly, to manage finances, deciding where best to spend money and trying to avoid bancrupcy and thirdly dealing with any unexpected events that may occur. The Role of the Player is much easier, he must battle when called to do so and do his best to get as many points as possible!

One other thing worth mentioning is how the various 'chances' in the FRPL are decided. To do this, I use a Random Number Generator or other similar things, such as dice. If you have more questions or think you're being mistreated, then don't hesitate to speak up.

Rounds

The FRPL Season is split into Rounds. These Rounds simply represent each battle that must be completed. A Round lasts one week. The first two days are for the Managers to decide who will be battling and the remaining five are for the battles to be completed. There will be no extensions, so if a battle is not completed, then the Team I think most deserves points will get them.

Round Rules

To spice things up a little, most rounds will have a special rule. The Managers must bear in mind these Rules and select their Battler appropriately. Similarly, each Manager should prepare for as many Round Rule situations as they can, or devise some other, tatical, approach.

1-5 No Rule! - This Round's Battles are fought simply using the normal Stage System, as detailed below
6-10 Set Tier - A Smogon Tier (out of LC, NU, RU, UU, 4th Gen OU, OU, DW OU, Clear Skies and Uber) will be randomly selected. This Round's Battles will be done in that tier.
11 Stratagems - This Round's Battles will be done using a Stratagem. A Team may select any Stratagem from the region it corresponds to (e.g. Saffron Psychics may select any Amethyst Stratagem). Note that Stratagems with restrictions on how many times they may be taken cannon be used.
12 Type Glory - Any KO using a move from the primary type of the Team's Mascot will earn an extra point.
13 Type Ban - A randomly selected type will be chosen. This Round's Battles may not use any Pokemon with that type
14 Strategy Ban - A Random Strategy (such as Volt-Turn) will be chosen. This Round's Battles may not use Teams of that type.
15 Violent Battle! - The chances of Injury are doubled
16 Bets Galore - Any income earned from the Match is doubled.
17 Rivalry - The Winning Team's SHL is doubled from that Match (includes negatives)
18 Underdogs - Any Team that beats a team who are higher than them in the Leauge gains an extra 2 Points.
19 Captain's Leave - The Team Captain may not be selected to Battle this round.
20 Nail-Biting Stuff! - Any 1-0 Victory this round will earn 6 Points.
21-25 OU All the Way! - This Round's Battles will be Standard OU[/B]
26-30 Best of 3 - This Round's Battles will be Best of Three

Stage System

The Progress of each team is marked in Stages. The Stage of a Team dictates what Pokemon they may use in a Normal Battle. A Team must pay to move up a Stage. The Various Stages, the costs to upgrade to them, and what Pokemon they allow you to use are listed below. Note, you may not skip Stages. Also note that you can use Pokemon permitted in lower stages.

Stage 1 (free) - All but Top 10 Usage NU Pokemon
Stage 2 (50C) - All NU Pokemon
Stage 3 (80C) - All but Top 30 Usage RU Pokemon
Stage 4 (125C) - All but Top 20 Usage RU Pokemon
Stage 5 (200C) - All but Top 10 Usage RU Pokemon
Stage 6 (280C) - All RU Pokemon
Stage 7 (380C) - All but Top 30 Usage UU Pokemon
Stage 8 (500C) - All but Top 20 Usage UU Pokemon
Stage 9 (675C) - All but Top 10 Usage UU Pokemon
Stage 10 (900C) - All UU Pokemon
Stage 11 (1250C) - All but Top 30 Usage OU Pokemon
Stage 12 (1700C) - All but Top 20 Usage OU Pokemon
Stage 13 (2500C) - All but Top 10 Usage OU Pokemon
Stage 14 (4000C) - All OU Pokemon​

Money, Money, Money!

Money plays an important role in the FRPL and is crucial to a team's success. Even if you have the best players in the Leauge it's no good if you can't pay them! On the contrary, if you're rolling in crystals, then you can use them to gain huge advantages over the other teams.

Earning Money

All Transactions in the FRPL are done per week, ie, on a Sunday, when I get on. These means all income will be measured in Crystals Per Week (or cpw), and players will be payed at the end of each week.

Supporter Happiness Level

Your Supporter Happiness Level, or SHL, is the main way of earning money. This represents your Supporters paying to watch your battles and buying merchandise etc. Your SHL both represents the amount of Supporters you have, as well as how content these Supporters are.

The Formula for your Income from SHL is: (SHL x 2) - 8. So if you had an SHL of 5, you'd earn 2 Crystals per week.

Your SHL can be increased in the following ways:

Winning! Each Match you win will increase your SHL by 1
Rising up the Leauge At the end of each round, you are awarded an SHL Bonus equal to: 5 - Your Leauge Position
Improving your Grounds Level The quality of your home Grounds affects your SHL. The Ground Level is measured in Stages and the costs for moving up each stage is the same as in the Stage System (above). You gain an SHL Bonus each week equal to your Stadium Level
Gaining Supporters (see below)

Gaining Supporters

The way in which you gain supporters is very simple: just get a member of the clan to PM me pledging their support to your Team (they may withdraw at any time). You can also encourage people to support by 'lowering ticket prices'. This simply means all your supporters get a certain amount of crystals from your own Budget at the end of the week. If you wish to do this, simply PM me saying so and stating the amount you'd like to 'reduce the ticket prices' by.

Income By Winning

There's also a reward of 6 Crystals for each match you win. Also, at the end of the Leauge, the Teams finishing 1st, 2nd and 3rd get a reward of 500, 250 and 100 Crystals respectively.

Personal Input

A manager may, at any time, add Crystals of his own to the Team's Budget. Note that players may not do this and it cannot happen the other way round!

Losing Money, Boo!

Money is only lost in the following ways: Firstly, if your SHL is so low that the income from it is negative; secondly from paying players (see the Player section below) and thirdly for any misconduct or cheating!

Players

As previously mentioned, any member of the clan may play for any team. To join a team as a Player, the Player must make a contract with the Manager. He and the Manager must PM the Contract Form to me below. If they are identical, then that player is signed.

Signing Players who are not in any other FRPL Team can be done at any time. However, a Player may not battle in the round which he has been signed in. The Contract length and Salary must be mutually decided by both Player and Manager. Feel free to haggle!

Code:
Player Name:
Signing Team:
Contract Length*:
Salary**:

*The Contract Length must be, at minimum 4 Weeks from date of Signing.
**The Player's Salary must be at least 5cpw. It has no upper limit, however.

Note, Managers are paid at the end of the Season, and the amount varies on how well their team has done

Buying from Other Teams

Buying Players must done in the Transfer Season. The Transfer Season is the first 5 Days of each Month. During the Transfer Season no other FRPL action takes place, i.e. no battling is done.

To buy from another Team, the buying Manager must PM me the Signing Form above, as well as stating which team they are buying from and for how much he is buying for (there is no limit on this amount). The selling manager must also PM me, saying the transaction is OK with him.

The consent for a Player Transfer should be done with both Managers and the Player in question. However, since Managers have more power, if the Player is the only one refusing, then PM me and I will see what I can do.

If you are thinking of selling a Player in the next transfer Season but need to renew his contract in the meantime, feel free to put "Until Next Transfer Season" in the Contract Length field of the Signing Form

The Player's Promise

By agreeing to play in the FRPL, all Players agree the following:

I will endeavour to do my best for any team I play for and not lose on purpose for whatever reason, I will not accept any bribes, I understand that my Manager has more authority over me, if he wants to sell me I should respect this fact and not kick up too much of a fuss. Finally, I understand that any violation of the Player's Promise may result in reprecussions in the Clan.

Although Managers are not bound by a Promise as such, they should be fair to their Players and supporters. If it is thought that a Manager is unacceptable, the Players and Supporters can appeal. If at least 75% of the Players and Supporters PM me saying they would like a Manager sacked, then he shall be sacked! The appealers should have a replacement ready, though.

Home vs Away

When the Matches are revealed for the Round, there will be 5 teams on the left, and 5 on the right. The ones on the left are the Home Teams, and have a slight advantage over the Away Team. The Away Team must reveal their battler within the first 24 hours of the round whereas the Home Team have 48 hours to do this. This means the Home Team can see who they will be facing and act accordingly.

Because there will be 9 Matches in a Season, some teams will play more games as the Away Team than as the Home Team. These Teams will be given a One-Point Bonus as a Handicap.

Other Rules

Random Events

Each Round (except the first) there will be a Random Event. This will effect a randomly chosen team. The Event may be good and it may be bad. The Manager will be notified of the event at the Start of the Round

Injury

After each Battle, depending on the result, there may be a slight chance of 'Injury' for a player involved. An injury will put a player out for one or two Rounds, again, this randomised. The chance of injury is as follows:

3-0 or more win - No chance! Yay!
2-0 Win - 1 in 25
1-0 Win - 1 in 16
Loss - 1 in 12

Note that if you have no players left because they are all injured, you will automatically lose by a randomised amount!

The Teams

Of course, a leauge is not a leauge without teams to take part in it! The FRPL contains 10 teams, based from 10 Cities around the Pokemon World. Each has its own colours and mascot, so you can support, or even play for, the one that most striikes your fancy!

7467100776_5cf227dab8.jpg

timerball.png
Castelia City
timerball.png

3.gif

Stage:
Budget:
SHL:
Grounds Level:
Manager:
Captain:
Players:
Supporters:
Prev. Records:

7467100234_e982b7e126.jpg

loveball.png
Ecruteak Dance Troupe
loveball.png

4.gif

Stage:
Budget:
SHL:
Grounds Level:
Manager:
Captain:
Players:
Supporters:
Prev. Records:

gr128.gif

compeball.png
Goldenrod Rangers
compeball.png

5.gif

Stage:
Budget:
SHL:
Grounds Level:
Manager:
Captain:
Players:
Supporters:
Prev. Records:

scaled.php

dreamball.png
Hearthome City
dreamball.png

6.gif

Stage:
Budget:
SHL:
Grounds Level:
Manager:
Captain:
Players:
Supporters:
Prev. Records:

scaled.php

quickball.png
Mauville Marauders
quickball.png

7.gif

Stage:
Budget:
SHL:
Grounds Level:
Manager:
Captain:
Players:
Supporters:
Prev. Records:

7467102202_3539ee8b23.jpg

diveball.png
Mossdeep Giants
diveball.png

8.gif

Stage:
Budget:
SHL:
Grounds Level:
Manager:
Captain:
Players:
Supporters:
Prev. Records:

7467101278_24ab25930d.jpg

ultraball.png
Nimbasa Night Riders
ultraball.png

9.gif

Stage:
Budget:
SHL:
Grounds Level:
Manager:
Captain:
Players:
Supporters:
Prev. Records:

scaled.php

heavyball.png
Pewter Powerhouses
heavyball.png

2-1.gif

Stage:
Budget:
SHL:
Grounds Level:
Manager:
Captain:
Players:
Supporters:
Prev. Records:

scaled.php

healball.png
Saffron Psychics
healball.png

1-1.gif

Stage:
Budget:
SHL:
Grounds Level:
Manager:
Captain:
Players:
Supporters:
Prev. Records:

7467101672_d4f14e5397.jpg

friendball.png
Veilstone Athletic
friendball.png

10.gif

Stage:
Budget:
SHL:
Grounds Level:
Manager:
Captain:
Players:
Supporters:
Prev. Records:

Current Season

------

FRPL FAQ

Q: What happens if a member of a Team leaves the clan?

A: What happens in this situation depends on the gravity of it. In serious cases, some money may be given to you as compensation, or I myself will fill in until a replacement is found.

Eight things:
1. "The Formula for your Income from SHL is: (SHL x 2) - 8. So if you had an SHL of 5, you'd earn 2 Crystals per week."
You mention SHL... then you also mention just plain Supporters, as in people who watch your games which you can pay.
Are supporters SHL? So that for each Supporter you have, every time one of them goes to one of your games, your SHL is increased by one?
Or are they a part of the "Supporter" part of SHL? As in, the formula needs to be tweaked to SHL*2*(S+1) -8 with S being Supporters and SHL being Supporter Happiness Level?

2."Improving your Grounds Level The quality of your home Grounds affects your SHL. The Ground Level is measured in Stages and the costs for moving up each stage is the same as in the Stage System (above). You gain an SHL Bonus each week equal to your Stadium Level."
When you improve your Grounds (you should probably change the second to last word to Grounds, as that would make things less confusing) Level, does that also bump you up a Stage?
For example: Pretend I'm a Manager. I buy my team the next stage with 50 crystals, which gives them all NU pokemon. Have I also advanced to the next Grounds Level?

3. Speaking of Grounds Level, on the SHL Bonus you get every week, does starting Grounds Stage count as 0 SHL per week, or 1?

4. "Rising up the Leauge At the end of each round, you are awarded an SHL Bonus equal to: 5 - Your Leauge Position"
If you are in a worse League Position then fifth, do you lose SHL?
Lets say I'm a Manager. The team I own is in sixth place. Do I lose one SHL a week because of this?

5. "Personal Input

A manager may, at any time, add Crystals of his own to the Team's Budget. Note that players may not do this and it cannot happen the other way round!"
Why not the other way around?
The manager owns the team.
It seems like a much better idea to pay by how the Manager wants to withdraw, then some vague amount.
Generally Managers would only want to take away from teams when they are going down hill very fast, or at the end of a Season.
And if Managers were too greedy or impatient, then there are immediate repercussions: the team starts to lose quickly, players leave, supporters leave, in extreme cases, a punishment could be considered.

6. "If at least 75% of the Players and Supporters PM me saying they would like a Manager sacked, then he shall be sacked!"
I don't approve of this. If the team only has one player/supporter, and that player doesn't like that he/she hasn't gotten a raise, he/she can simply become Manager.
It should be taken on a case by case basis, not a fixed vote.
I don't think this will be that big of an issue considering that CG members are pretty darn responsible, but it is worth mentioning.

7. "Because there will be 9 Matches in a Season, some teams will play more games as the Away Team than as the Home Team. These Teams will be given a One-Point Bonus as a Handicap."
What the heck is a point? Besides the brief mention in the intro, we have no idea how to count them and get them.

8. "6-10 Set Tier - A Smogon Tier (out of LC, NU, RU, UU, 4th Gen OU, OU, DW OU, Clear Skies and Uber) will be randomly selected. This Round's Battles will be done in that tier."
How will this work? Remember that with the Stage System, teams will rarely be able to use any OU pokes.
Will it negate the Stage System for that Round, so that Players can use any Pokemon within the tier selected?

Thanks!

emboar4ever

Emboar rocks
The FRPl whosi-mah-watsit looks cool, I'd love to join a group and maintain crystals or something. Please PM me if you want a egg move pokemon, im gettin bored again.

Jazz14456_Plebeian

This is kinda unfair....
In the FRPL, when a certain battle thingy is chosen, all teams use stratagems from their regions. They can only use ones that don't have a limit. Here are the amount each region can use, then.
Unova can only use one! And it's a measly one at that, which only blocks the rare grass type.

drako104

sorry for not posting. exams are coming up. In the gaming news I FINALLY beat pokemon black :) YAAY!. Nation dex is FINALLY open.

emboar4ever

Emboar rocks
good job! now beat black2
;p

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
OKAY, Here's the deal. I'm going to try and complete as much stuff as possible in BW2. That means I'm going to need breeding help eventually. Any help with anything would be greatly appreciated. But i won't be ding it until the english release, of course.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Please explain this thing more psycho its too confusing so we have to pay 4000 crystals to use ou pokemon that is way too much unless we somehow manage to get 20000 battles please chink this out not to mention can you just have one thing its way too confusing to comprehemd otherwise

Code:Im assuming fc if so NA
Name:Usatoday
Team you're Applying For:mossdeep giants
Why you should be Manager: i have over 100 teams that are read to go in every tier not to mention im a fairly decent battler if i can beat prohawk half of the time anyways im one of the most active of the old ba members

emboar4ever

Emboar rocks
Code:
Name: Emboar4ever
Team Im applying for: Veilstone athletic
Why I should be Budget: I'm great with math, I went to a camp once (a math one) simply off scholarship. Also, I cant battle for crap, but I want to help :D

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Please explain this thing more psycho its too confusing so we have to pay 4000 crystals to use ou pokemon that is way too much unless we somehow manage to get 20000 battles please chink this out not to mention can you just have one thing its way too confusing to comprehemd otherwise

Code:Im assuming fc if so NA
Name:Usatoday
Team you're Applying For:mossdeep giants
Why you should be Manager: i have over 100 teams that are read to go in every tier not to mention im a fairly decent battler if i can beat prohawk half of the time anyways im one of the most active of the old ba members
You'll probably want to be a Player...
If you don't understand how this works. Also, if your a Manager, you have to understand and manage everything, and you don't battle at all.
Just wait till Player sign ups are open. Then join that, and just make teams of what your Manager tells you to.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Thos are not real things, sorry.

...That's your argument? We're playing a game in which EVERYTHING IS BASED ON FIGHTING WITH FICTIONAL, ELEMENTAL ANIMALS and I can't be a Poke-Paladin BECAUSE IT'S NOT REAL?!

*ahem* Usa, I don't know a whole lot about cores, but I'd like to see you do a setup sweeper core.

Status
Not open for further replies.