• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Crystalline Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
Then good bye, so long and thanks for all the fish.
\

What's that from? I've heard it before...

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Then good bye, so long and thanks for all the fish.

HITCHHIKERS GUIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 You know, like, all the things I know.

Guys, do any of you know Fallout? I'm thinking of rules for a Fallout-style Nuzlocke challenge, and I'd appreciate some help.

Vandslaux

So, I have 43 pages to look through, update the jobs blueman wanted, update psycoe's rank, and add in Jazz's Cryogonal.

I have some discussion: How do you guys think Genesect will impact the metagame? With Scarf Ice Beam, he can revenge Tornadus-T, NP Thundurus-T, and all variants of Landorus-T barring RP, and STAB Download U-turn vs something like Lati@s will surely hit hard.

And on the discussion of Genesect, I've received my Genesect Wondercard, but I'm yet to RNG it.

And I beat White 2 a while ago, my team's now at lv 83-86.

Also, I hear V-Woe is back?

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
So, I have 43 pages to look through, update the jobs blueman wanted, update psycoe's rank, and add in Jazz's Cryogonal.

I have some discussion: How do you guys think Genesect will impact the metagame? With Scarf Ice Beam, he can revenge Tornadus-T, NP Thundurus-T, and all variants of Landorus-T barring RP, and STAB Download U-turn vs something like Lati@s will surely hit hard.

And on the discussion of Genesect, I've received my Genesect Wondercard, but I'm yet to RNG it.

A)V-woe and Prankstar, yes.

B)I think Genesect wouldn't do a whole lot that Scizor hasn't done to the metagame--if not for its movepool. It has Flamethrower, so Magnezone can't beat it unless it's a bulkier variant. Since every single one most will be holding Scarves, Scout Infernape might see use as a counter for it. Jellicent could probably do a good job of countering it, since Download raises Attack and it's pretty likely that U Turn will be its only physical move.

Guys, do any of you know Fallout? I'm thinking of rules for a Fallout-style Nuzlocke challenge, and I'd appreciate some help.
No rad away is a good one, especially if fallout 3. You can't every buy bullets is an interesting one as well.

A ) I'd like info on the genesect event. What country, game, etc.
B ) Genesect will definitely impact the metaame as a scarfer, but non scarf sets have usage as well. As a scarfer, he is the slowest of the revenge killing scarfers, except the new landorus-T (Not the too slow to outpace much scarfers, Like Ttar and magnezone), as salamence and landorus-N outpace it. It may have a hard time as DD moxie mence beats it up after 1 DD, and its neutral to rocks, and spikes. But overall, it will be a solid OU pokemon that may impact alot of teams, as It can run physical and special, scarf and non scarf, and has a useful ability, great move pool and typing.
A)V-woe and Prankstar, yes.

B)I think Genesect wouldn't do a whole lot that Scizor hasn't done to the metagame--if not for its movepool. It has Flamethrower, so Magnezone can't beat it unless it's a bulkier variant. Since every single one most will be holding Scarves, Scout Infernape might see use as a counter for it. Jellicent could probably do a good job of countering it, since Download raises Attack and it's pretty likely that U Turn will be its only physical move.

Genesect and scizor have the same typing, and share one role, but differ in others. Scizor has pursuit and 2 strong priority moves, thanks to rtechnician, whereas genesect is a special attacker which relies less on power, more on speed, but is depresingly slow.
They are both U turn switchers, dragon resists and useful for pivoting, but aren't entirely comparable.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
No rad away is a good one, especially if fallout 3. You can't every buy bullets is an interesting one as well.

I actually meant a Pokemon challenge based on the Fallout universe. So far I have it so you can only use your starter and the first Pokemon on a route (as in, you and a follower), and if you use medicine, you start getting rads. But I'm not sure how to calculate rads. Also, your partner Pokemon has to leave after you beat a gym (which is a counterpart to that follower's storyline reaching completion).

Last edited:

Vandslaux

The Genesect event is a Japanese B/W2 event. If I get the computer to load RNG Reporter, I'll RNG it Naive flawless.

Omigod....Jonah, Fallout is like the best game evar.....No one got my reference when I said Zircon is just like the NCR ;-;

OH.

I just realized I never actually did my test battle with the leaders/designated leaders. Does anyone want to do a test battle for me?
Same here.
*le poof!*
Hey guys, venomous woe is apparently back, if you didnt already know.
well hey there

So, ima inconspicuously join back in after being absent for a few days. Yup, just ignore the absence entirely.

Vandslaux

1) Initation Test Battle - This is a battle made with any Leader. This Battle must be done within 7 days of your acceptance into the Clan. After the battle, the Leader will reward you, based on your performance, PR from any value up to 500. This Test is not mandatory.

So.. yeah.

Anyone up for some PO battlin?

Vandslaux

I probably won't be able to battle for some time. My dad doesn't like having anything involving games on his computer, my mom's computer doesn't work atm, Showdown doesn't like IE, and my dad won't let me download Firefox on his computer.

I can still trade though, so :D I actually got a 10 ANIV Raikou off of GTS Negotiatons yesterday for a cloned shiny HP Fire Latias.

I really should go on wifi on my White 2 so I have my FC.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
So, ima inconspicuously join back in after being absent for a few days. Yup, just ignore the absence entirely.

Haha, it's funny because you say that every time.

-out for lunch-

Soperman

The One and Only
For starters, Genesect will of course affect the metagame. He has nice stats and a decent move-pool. I was thinking this maybe similar to Kyurem, in the sense that Genesect has similar stats, but I just realized Genesect also has fantastic typing. I still think he doesn't really have what it takes to stay in OU, though, but I doubt he'll drop from there because everybody will want to use it, being a new pokemon.

So.. yeah.
We've actually gone over this earlier, and we've decided to a) be lenient about it and b) have people other than leaders do it, since it's frustrating to find a leader to battle when only two ever go on PO (no offense)
'more like guidelines than rules'
Thank you.

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
My House: Emerald
Opponents House: Zircon
Opponents Name: SpiderMan
Score: Win 2-0
My Rating: 39
Opponents Rating: 37
Improvements? Not Really
Additional Notes: GG

HetaOni

Chesaught
I have a PO now!My PO name is [CG]EnglishManectric so if you wanna battle me!
Btw,I'm also awaiting my initiation test so when Emerald's leader is ready...

Status
Not open for further replies.