• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Crystalline Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I see more of them Scarfed. Btw not Modest either as it powers down U-Turn...Which really shouldn't be used with a set up move. Definitely not Life Orb U-Turn either as it will ruin the illusion of a Scarf which is common.

649.gif

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Ice Beam/Flash Cannon/Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

Scarfed Genesect is an amazing revenge killer with great coverage and can hit really hard with a Download boost. Since it is Scarfed you hafta use some prediction if the opponent has a Heatran or Chansey/Blissey. They all stop Genesect cold unless you use U-turn to keep up the offensive momentum. Naughty nature is preferred to boost U-Turn and since Genesect will be targeted by fire attacks, the common ones all being special, the SpeDef stat isn't going to matter a lot. Also it is a hit-and-run attacker so any defensive investment is useless. Speed boosting nature can be used if you're worried about speed ties with opposing Scarf Genesects or out running common Scarfed neutral natured opponents (Infernape, Terrakion, Landorus, Lati@s, Gengar, Mence etc etc), or even a SpAtt boosting nature if you want to maximise special damage.

649.gif

Genesect @ Life Orb
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rock Polish
- Flamethrower/Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz/Ice Beam

A Rock Polish set acts differently to the Scarf Set as it is designed to be less of a hit-and-run attacker and more of an all out sweeper. After a Rock Polish, Genesect hits a speed stat of 652 and a SpAtt download boost gives it a SpAtt stat of 508. Enough to outspeed and KO most of the OU metagame. The amazing coverage allows Genesect to roll through even bulky Pokes like Jellicent and Ttar. Unless you're carrying a Heatran or a Pink Blob...well you should probably add one.

Expert Belt is also viable in order to bluff the Scarf and net a surprise KO. Natures can also be tinkered with depending on how hard you want to hit. Genesect also has access to Techno Boost(?); it's signature move which changes typing based on what sorta of drive it is holding. It should never be used as it is outclassed by all of Genesects coverage moves. Even though a Water-type Techno Boost may seem appealing to get even more coverage, it is outclassed by a Life Orbed Hidden Power Water, which shows how sad the move really is
Another sad thing is that the techno drive changes genesect's form, so you can't bluff the type like a hidden power, and you have too many moves for it to be other types.
Back for buseniss abd I got my knifes :)
I must first need to re-learn how to use my keyboard properly s: but whatever I'M BACK!!!

Good to know.

ShinyFloris

shiny hunter
Your House: not placed yet
Opponent's House: ametyst
Opponent's Name: sieste23
Win/Loss/Draw + Score: loss 0-5
Rate your performance out of 50:
Rate opponent's performance out of 50:
Any improvements for opponent:
Any thing else worth mentioning?: got sweeped

Opponent's Name: sietse23
Win/Loss/Draw + Score: loss 0-1
Any thing else worth mentioning?: close one, i was very lucky though, hax.

Your House: not placede yet
Win/Loss/Draw + Score: loss 0-3
Any thing else worth mentioning?: i need to improve some more.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
So, did I get given a rank in the end jhen?

Or even a house :p

Yes, you got into team tourmaline. Also, I like that rock polish set. When I made mine I was tired and guessing. I'll try that one some time, Prohawk.

Also, Welcome back sieste. Looks like you'll start racking up wins again. I never understood how you managed to get so many on record battles.

Oh, and shinyfloris? You have been placed. You're in Tourmaline.

Also, thanks sieste, for the best battle I've had in a while.

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-CG-Aeon-4-vs-CG-S23Uber--2012-08-15

Last edited:

Tormented

Your House: Zircon
Opponent's House: Zircon
Opponent's Name: iH4X0RU5!
Win/Loss/Draw + Score: win 5-0
Any thing else worth mentioning?:

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
From now on post this when you need my attention.

Far more inventive then what I had in mind. But is it the Magic Signal or the Monkey Signal...or the MagicMonkey Signal??

Also since I'm pulling an all nighter in a computer lab on campus I needs something to distract me. Anyone up for some competitive discussion. Or discussion in general?? Please save me from boredom /hopes up

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
Prohawk, can I tell you that I want to join Veilstone athletics? and MM you know the logo thing sucks right? xD

You have to PM Ninja Dewwott to get on the waiting list. Cause I think they have a waiting list.

Win/Loss/Draw + Score: loss 0-5
Any thing else worth mentioning?: got sweeped

Opponent's Name: sietse23
Win/Loss/Draw + Score: loss 0-1
Any thing else worth mentioning?: close one, i was very lucky though, hax.

Your House: not placede yet
Win/Loss/Draw + Score: loss 0-3
Any thing else worth mentioning?: i need to improve some more.
Nice user bar.
Prohawk, can I tell you that I want to join Veilstone athletics? and MM you know the logo thing sucks right? xD
I do.
Far more inventive then what I had in mind. But is it the Magic Signal or the Monkey Signal...or the MagicMonkey Signal??

Also since I'm pulling an all nighter in a computer lab on campus I needs something to distract me. Anyone up for some competitive discussion. Or discussion in general?? Please save me from boredom /hopes up
Im not sure yet.
Also I have filming to do, sorry pro. Try watch flicks, that'll kill 20 minutes of time.
Yes, yes you can tell me that. And I appreciate you telling me that...I guess

But this would be more useful =D

Prohawk says useful things.

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
Kk, I'll send the PM, and becuz I've got nothing to do I make you a better one MM.

I don't even have my laptop so I can't finish the art I have piled up.

On topic though, I feel that Genesect will take the place of Scizor on Volt-Turn teams. Scizors only benefit over Genesect is Bullet Punch (which is admittedly a pretty big deal), whereas Genesect has a superior speed stat and movepool. With the appropriate Download boost, Genesects U-Turn will hit almost as hard as Scizor with far more advantages; such as not being forced to hard switch at the sight of a Fire type (Heatran I'm looking at you)

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
HMMK (oh god why am I doing this so much)

RANDOM MOVESET OF THE WEEK

Now with animated sprites!

Emolga this week!

587.gif
@Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
Ability: Motor Drive
-Thunderbolt
-Air Slash
-Hidden Power [Ground]
-Volt Switch

Grab a Speed boost by switching into an Electric attack, then try your best at hurting the opponent. Hidden Power Ground is for enemy Electrics like Magnezone and Jolteon. Volt Switch for damage and a quick escape.

Jhen told me yesterday that I got 300 RP for the test battle we had. Now for Zach to get back so they'll actually count.

BLUES.

Something else

First of all.
Explain why you are spending the night at the computer lab.
Second, Genesect is a b-word.
Rock polish lets him outspeed nearly everthing, and the only thing that it CANT beat by itself (Pink Blob 1 and Pink Blob 2) are easily destroyed by any physical attacker...
Scarfed sets are decent, but SR and spikes wear it down hard, making it easier to handle. The most effective sets are those with rock polish, which is not hard to set up...

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
First of all.
Explain why you are spending the night at the computer lab.
Second, Genesect is a b-word.
Rock polish lets him outspeed nearly everthing, and the only thing that it CANT beat by itself (Pink Blob 1 and Pink Blob 2) are easily destroyed by any physical attacker...
Scarfed sets are decent, but SR and spikes wear it down hard, making it easier to handle. The most effective sets are those with rock polish, which is not hard to set up...

I actually gave up on the computer lab and came home lol

About Genesect, speaking from experience I see =D

Speaking of bug types, I'm thinking that Galuvantula (sp?) may actually be a pretty underrated threat in OU these days. Compoundeyes Thunder, Bug Buzz, Giga Drain and Sub is a set I think could see a bit of success against weather teams. May need to be paired with a physical attacker...Terrakion maybe...

Speaking of bug types, I'm thinking that Galuvantula (sp?) may actually be a pretty underrated threat in OU these days. Compoundeyes Thunder, Bug Buzz, Giga Drain and Sub is a set I think could see a bit of success against weather teams. May need to be paired with a physical attacker...Terrakion maybe...
Galv is a BAMF, I never thought to use Giga Drain though, always used Energy Ball. Hidden Power Ice is amazing on him, so i'd do HP Ice> Sub for the dragon types, and ground types and everyone else. He's really great actually

BLUES.

Something else

Yes, experience getting swept......
Anywho, Galva is actually really good (if only it wasnt a bug type .-.), Other than the SR arrow-to-the-knee galva could get some love on rain teams but still be outclassed by that terrian thunderus which is basically what rain teams all use now a days...

Status
Not open for further replies.