• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Crystalline Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your House: Emerald
Opponent's House: Zircon
Opponent's Name: Tormented
Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Lose 3-0
Rate your performance out of 50: 41
Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 46
Any improvements for opponent: Nothing I can think of.
Any thing else worth mentioning?: Thanks for helping me test my Hail team. replaced Scizor with ________ now.

Usatoday

Eternal God
slowbro in ou = happy days,
^This also i find subpunch rhyperior with xatu support to be a total champ ask jonah i believe it 4-0'd him once
Honestly, there is almost no reason to use Arcanine over Darmanitan.
Hmmm how to rebut this well first off theres a decent potential to run a mixed set with 95 special attack while it also gets superior abilities in the form of flash fire and intimidate allowing for it to become a bulky spread it gets access to morning sun a reliable recovery takes about 49% with max max from a banded mienshaos stone edge after intimidate it has close combat and an electric move so ya they're nothing a like
Rosarade is BL on PO tiers. That's what I went off of.
EDIT: Also, Chansey isn't 2HKO'd by Hydreigon Superpower, but it's not really hard to get Chansey down to 85% considering it doesn't have leftovers.

Also, Honko's calculator is 404. Does anyone have a good replacement? I would like one that's similar, where you can quickly insert any of Smogon's given sets and it automatically fills in all the EVs for you.
You could always try the pokemon online calculator

@ Magic Adds to my weakness to mamoswine

Battle of the Day

Epic stall match he finally gave up after he couldnt spin away rocks lol.​

Psycho Cut

Hi guys,

I'm afraid I can't access a computer today, so all updates will have to wait until tomorrow.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

superstar

yeah a couple of the pokes I chose were BL, but I figure they are still underrated because all the BL pokes receive very little usage in OU, enough to make them UU were they not too strong for the tier!

Soperman

The One and Only
slowbro in ou = happy days,
Please stop with these spammy posts; give some reason as to why Slowbro was good or whatever. Ten-word sentences are basically just spam.

Anyway, I do agree; Slowbro is a monster. Really nice bulk, and with max HP and Def and after two Calm Minds, he becomes impossible to kill A combination of extreme bulk and Slack Off lets it shrug off anything but status. Plus, after 2 CMs, it can hit really hard.
I personally like using Virizion right now. It's pretty versatile, and both of its common sets work well on my teams. SD usually catches people off-guard, and paired with it's great Speed, I usually get off a good sweep. I don't like Calm Mind as much, just because Focus Blast is its only real Fighting STAB on the special side, and it's really unreliable.
Machamp was also a favorite of mine for a while (it was even my sig back in BA). Overall, it has a really cool move-pool, and two incredible abilities in No-Guard and Guts. It has great stats, and can even pull off a great Scarf set.
Finally, Tornadus. I usually like using the regular form over Tornadus-T for the added power. I mean, 111 Speed is still great, and 121 Sp. Atk is even better! In the Rain, Specs Tornadus is always a threat. He's scary to fight.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Smooth, Amethyst doesnt translate to purple lololol..
I think he meant he can't stand Aeon's permanent use of purple font....if he was confused about it I guess he is going to sit this event out lol
---------EDIT----------​
This is so spammy, I went through about 4 pages of people pledging their allegiance to Magic or TMS...lol
So, in hopes of sparking up some sort of competitive discussion;
What is the most under rated UU or other lower tier pokemon that can function really well in OU-whether it be due to people being unaware/not expecting it?
Try to mention pokemon that can do well with out weather support. If whether is required, what are that pokemon's perks over the OU pokemon that serve the same function on a team?

Ill start:
Arcanine is a solid pokemon with a wide move pool and great coverage that rivals Victini and such--flareblitz+close combat+wild charge + E Speed + HP Ice +Crunch + Outrage etc etc
It can run solid Physical sets, as well as Special sets with fire blast or overheat, but my favorite set is the mixed; however, with rain running around in OU, Fire blast or Overheat might be better than flare blitz because any slight misspredict and you find yourself spamming attacks as your opponent switches around and drains you with LO and Flare Blitz recoil (provided that your opponent predict flare blitz into a pokemon that resists fire, then a pokemon that resists electricity and or crunch--or something that can tank those hits-on sand teams t tar could come in and tank a hit, then drain your HP with the sand and some more predicting.) A blessing for Arcanine though, include Close Combat:) Which owns Ttar and chancey/blissey (should your opp still run these trolls). Gliscor can wall you, but only if you are nooby and dont use HP ice. Finally, Extreme Speed is just priority, which can help with t form genies with SR and some residual damage. Arcanine also gets a nod for being able to counter Genesect... but Arcanine's ability to do so is extremely hindered by its SR weakness....which blows :I
Arcanine, in my opinion, isn't that great of a pokemon. It has a great movepool, and great mixed stats, but its speed really holds it back. On a sun team, its really hard for it to find a place on a team since many pokemon can do one role better than it can. Furthermore, he functions a bit similarly to Infernape, with the only difference being that Infernape gets STAB on Close Combat and sits in a very good Speed tier.

Hmm, I would say... Snorlax. People do know it's there, acknowdge it as a 'wall'- then it sweeps your team with +2 Cursed Body Slam/Earthquake. And if they try to flee, +2 Pursuit.
And if they try to kill you, +2 Defense, titanic HP stat, and amazing Sp. Def.
Cureslax FTW <3
I don't agree with your battle examples, but Thick Fat Snorlax is a very good counter to sun teams, especially CB versions. 4 HP/252 Att/252 SpDef Adamant can seriously hurt anything with Frustration and takes lol% damage from any Specially-based Fighting moves.

Heh I should win some sort of award for this...

Hmm, I've been using Weavile lately and he just kicks sooo much booty. An amazing speed stat, and a Duel Stab which is perfect for the speed - a lot of todays speedy threats are really weak to Ice/Dark - Starmie, Genger, Tornadus-T, Lati@s, Chomp, Landy etc etc

Weavile has become minutely more effective this metagame. With Tornadus-T laying eggs on the metagame, Weavile's very high Speed tier gives it some notability. Furthermore, Garchomp and the Therians gives the metagame more a reason to pack Ice moves. I just don't like how Weavile is so frail and weak to everything. Furthermore, Genesect makes Weavile's situation even more unbearable since Weavile can't do much against Genesect while Genesect Bug Buzz or U-Turn all over you.

I feel Slowbro is less effective now for the same reason. The fact that Genesect will almost always carry a move that will Super Effectively KO +1 Slowbro detracts from his overall value in a way.

As for Virizion, I feel that overhype with Tornadus is not indicative as to what it could do. Granted it doesn't have amazing power from the get-go, but it still can get good sweeps in.

Machamp is just still the same old. I was praying for something new and cool, but it still not fitted for this metagame.

Tornadus-I's AcroBat set is so painful to deal with.

Last edited:

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
eaglehawk said:
I don't agree with your battle examples, but Thick Fat Snorlax is a very good counter to sun teams, especially CB versions. 4 HP/252 Att/252 SpDef Adamant can seriously hurt anything with Frustration and takes lol% damage from any Specially-based Fighting moves.

I'm not really sure if sun teams are common enough to consider running a snorlax to counter them. Especially since Rain is common and can also counter sun. Cause, you know, water.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
BL/UU mons in OU, you say? Hmmmm...

Well, aside from the ones mentioned, I used to use Gallade, Azelf, and Omastar ALL the time (to everyone's knowledge). Gallade is good with Bulk Up, but it's outclassed by Conk--save for its typing. Psychic/Fighting resists Fighting/Rock (suck it Terrakion), which is rather common for Fighting types to run. It gets a priority move that's good against its more common weakness in Shadow Sneak, although it does lose power as SS isn't STAB. Azelf is an amazing sweeper, especially in the sun (Flamethrower). If you can get up a Nasty Plot, you can pretty much roflstomp entire teams. Then again, with Genesect dominating today's meta, Azelf has lost its appeal. Omastar is like Cloyster, but it uses Special attacks over Physical ones. You may not be able to run DrizzleSwim with it, but what you can do is give it Weak Armor so it outspeeds Scarf users after a Shell Smash and a Physical attack. It also works well on Sand teams thanks to the Special Defense boost (but I don't know how much that helps).

Eaglehawk

Banned
I'm not really sure if sun teams are common enough to consider running a snorlax to counter them. Especially since Rain is common and can also counter sun. Cause, you know, water.

Sun received a humongous boost with the addition of Genesect. Genesect + Dugtrio is literally on most Sun teams and gets rid of opposing weather as well as Heatran really well. This plague is so bad, in fact, many Smogonites are suggesting Shed Shells on Heatran to negate Arena Trap. Don't believe me?

Three Month Aggregate Stats
| 13 | Ninetales | 10.861% |
| 25 | Venusaur | 7.787% |

Sept. Raw Stats
| 13 | Ninetales | 68706 | 11.084% | 63173 | 12.567%|
| 14 | Terrakion | 64564 | 10.416% | 47456 | 9.440% |
| 15 | Latios | 62106 | 10.020% | 48553 | 9.659%

| 24 | Venusaur | 49581 | 7.999% | 38284 | 7.616% |
| 25 | Tornadus-Therian | 46372 | 7.481% | 36159 | 7.193% |
| 26 | Espeon | 46203 | 7.454% | 37063 | 7.373% |

As compared with other Pokemon, you can obviously see that Sun has jumped so much that it merits closer scrutiny.

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
Sun received a humongous boost with the addition of Genesect. Genesect + Dugtrio is literally on most Sun teams and gets rid of opposing weather as well as Heatran really well. This plague is so bad, in fact, many Smogonites are suggesting Shed Shells on Heatran to negate Arena Trap. Don't believe me?

Yes but that's mainly due to Lavos sun
which is the most popular known team to utilise that combo and the team that popularised it to that extent. Tbh, without Shed Shell Heatran, this team kinda trolls all over everything

Last edited:

Usatoday

Eternal God

Three Month Aggregate Stats
| 13 | Ninetales | 10.861% |
| 25 | Venusaur | 7.787% |

Sept. Raw Stats
| 13 | Ninetales | 68706 | 11.084% | 63173 | 12.567%|
| 14 | Terrakion | 64564 | 10.416% | 47456 | 9.440% |
| 15 | Latios | 62106 | 10.020% | 48553 | 9.659%

| 24 | Venusaur | 49581 | 7.999% | 38284 | 7.616% |
| 25 | Tornadus-Therian | 46372 | 7.481% | 36159 | 7.193% |
| 26 | Espeon | 46203 | 7.454% | 37063 | 7.373% |

As compared with other Pokemon, you can obviously see that Sun has jumped so much that it merits closer scrutiny.

Yes but that's mainly due to Lavos sun
which is the most popular known team to utilise that combo and the team that popularised it to that extent. Tbh, without Shed Shell Heatran, this team kinda trolls all over everything

I fought one of the duos in todays battle of the day and i ended up getting rid of the genesect and having to have dugtrio die to earthquake from dugtrio however it did let me get up a layer of spikes basically getting half of its team

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
I fought one of the duos in todays battle of the day and i ended up getting rid of the genesect and having to have dugtrio die to earthquake from dugtrio however it did let me get up a layer of spikes basically getting half of its team

Yea, when battling Lavos sun, if you can get up a layer of hazards early and safely, then the team is suddenly so much easier to play around

superstar

I have never, not once, in 10 battles, lost to Lavos Sun with my rain team. Or with my Heatran and TTar sand team for that matter. It is absurdly easy to play around. Nothing on the team can take a SpecsToed Hydro Pump in Rain, let alone one from Specs Keldeo. Ninetales can't switch in reliably. Dugtrio is very unreliable against rain teams. Politoed NEVER switches in right when Tales comes out. I'll send in my Rotom, and then force Duggy out for a free volt switch if they anticipate and double switch. And Politoed absolutely never stays in for more than one turn if I don't have rocks up. I feel like I mostly play bad players, but really, Dugtrio is such an awful Pokemon against rain that it becomes a liability, and every time I fire off Specs Hydro Pump something dies. Who cares if I lose half my team to Genesect when Keldeo is going to sweep in the end anyway? My two cents.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior

Are you saying you used a Dugtrio and had to sacrifice it, or that you had to sacrifice something else to it? If it's the first option...

STEVECEPTION

Usatoday

Eternal God
Are you saying you used a Dugtrio and had to sacrifice it, or that you had to sacrifice something else to it? If it's the first option...

STEVECEPTION

watch the battle and find out

Soperman

The One and Only
I have never, not once, in 10 battles, lost to Lavos Sun with my rain team. Or with my Heatran and TTar sand team for that matter. It is absurdly easy to play around. Nothing on the team can take a SpecsToed Hydro Pump in Rain, let alone one from Specs Keldeo. Ninetales can't switch in reliably. Dugtrio is very unreliable against rain teams. Politoed NEVER switches in right when Tales comes out. I'll send in my Rotom, and then force Duggy out for a free volt switch if they anticipate and double switch. And Politoed absolutely never stays in for more than one turn if I don't have rocks up. I feel like I mostly play bad players, but really, Dugtrio is such an awful Pokemon against rain that it becomes a liability, and every time I fire off Specs Hydro Pump something dies. Who cares if I lose half my team to Genesect when Keldeo is going to sweep in the end anyway? My two cents.
Well, with Cholorphyll users, the situation changes, as they're all Grass types. While it's true Ice Beam counters them, I guess you have Ninetails to take the hit.
A successful Sun team involves a huge amount of prediction.

sushi_noodles

DEMACIA!!!!!
Welp, my mom layed down the uhh...Ban Hammer on my internet so to speak. So going on a definite leave. If you want you can keep me on the Roster but at this point PO is a definite no go.

lol, me too, but my ban ends in 1.5 months (6 weeks)...BUT i can get on on Fridays cause my parents arent home!

superstar

Well, with Cholorphyll users, the situation changes, as they're all Grass types. While it's true Ice Beam counters them, I guess you have Ninetails to take the hit.
A successful Sun team involves a huge amount of prediction.

This is definitely not true. 4/0 Venusaur takes 62-73% from Politoed Choice Specs Hydro Pump in Rain, and 79-93% from Specs Hydro Pump from Keldeo. There are very few Grass Types that can comfortably tank water moves -- Celebi is one of the few because of Recover, but the standard set is cleanly 2HKO'd by Keldeo. Also, Venusaur is the bulkiest Chlorophyll user, so Lilligant is OHKO'd by Hydro Pump after SR, and Sawsbuck in is the same situation. When it comes to rain offense, there really isn't much that can switch in. Also, Max SpDef Bold Ninetales takes 52% from Politoed Hydro Pump, and 66-78% from Keldeo, even in Sun.

EDIT: Also, for the kids in High School, focus on getting good grades (assuming that a lack of these are why people are getting parent banned) and making friends , I promise that the connections you will make at a good college (i.e. a top 30 school for Americans) will pay off big time down the road. Its how I'm going to get an awesome internship right after graduation, plus I have a bunch of rich friends that will pay all my club fees and house me when I go visit New York or London :D. #realtalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.