• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Crystalline Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
I agree with Darklord. RP genesect will demolish teams once the one pokemon that walls the set is out of the way. No hp ground, run something to rid you of heatran. No giga drain or hp ground, scizor handles terrakion well. etc. etc.
Also tornadus-t is just so dangerous in rain, but you see genesect more since it has more use without weather.

Soperman

The One and Only
i would say bronzong is the best screener as it often has the chance to up screens twice... best dd'er= crawdaunt
You'd have to get really lucky to set up even one, never mind the two or three necessary to keep up with the rest of OU's Scarfers, or Scarfers in general for that matter.
This is a cool clan!!!
I like it here, I have fun, I have friends, etc.
I stay here in this clan. :)
Yay :D
At least you won't leave after a day like the others who did -.-
I have a competitive discussion question: who do you think is the most threatening pokemon right now, why, and what is their best set?

I happen to think that RP Genesect is an amazing threat, just because it finds so many opportunities to set up, has almost perfect neutral coverage, and is so threatening, pokemon with balanced defensive stats now put their extra 4 evs into SpD, just so genesect won't get a SpA boost. any thoughts?
Genesect is really scary, but that's why we have Heatran, who can take any hits like they're nothing at destroy him in one hit.
He's really hard to beat because of his insane coverage, and with Rock Polish he's impossible to outspeed unless you set up first.
also I was told through PO that I got 250 RP on my test match, But I don't think I've seen that here...
No-problemo.
Anyway, joepotatoe gets 250 RP for his test match with Blues. Yay!
There you go. I posted it a couple of days ago.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I have a competitive discussion question: who do you think is the most threatening pokemon right now, why, and what is their best set?

I happen to think that RP Genesect is an amazing threat, just because it finds so many opportunities to set up, has almost perfect neutral coverage, and is so threatening, pokemon with balanced defensive stats now put their extra 4 evs into SpD, just so genesect won't get a SpA boost. any thoughts?

I use the Rock Polish / Giga Drain / Ice Beam / Flamethrower set, and it's awesome, but it doesn't even scratch most Fire-types. However, that's where Heatran comes in.

Klaus™

Banned
another reason i find it so dangerous, is that it doesn't really need much support. terrakion and heatran are pretty much the only 2 counters, and isnt terrakion 2hkoed by +1 thunderbolt? sorry, can't do calcs right now.

now, lets think up some counters to it:

tyranitar- sets without bug buzz
SpD rachi- isnt ohkoed by +1 flamethrower
Gengar with hp fire- takes around 60% from one attack for some reason...
terrakion
heatran- duh

any others?

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
another reason i find it so dangerous, is that it doesn't really need much support. terrakion and heatran are pretty much the only 2 counters, and isnt terrakion 2hkoed by +1 thunderbolt? sorry, can't do calcs right now.

terrakion
heatran- duh

any others?

Hmmmmmmm...well,

Jellicent barring Thunderbolt or Giga Drain
Infernape barring Thunderbolt
Eelektross is a check, I don't think Genesect can OHKO it if it has DEM HP EVs. I'm not sure though.

That's about all I've got...

Soperman

The One and Only
PO seems to difficult for me, lol.
I think I stay with wifi, an sometimes PO.
Sorry guys, i think i leave...
But you... just... posted... liked it here...
O_O
Hmmmmmmm...well,

Jellicent barring Thunderbolt or Giga Drain
Infernape barring Thunderbolt
Eelektross is a check, I don't think Genesect can OHKO it if it has DEM HP EVs. I'm not sure though.

That's about all I've got...
Frankly, Sp. Def Jelliecent can pretty much take any of Gene's attacks.

Vandslaux

I do wifi battling, had 2 battles via Smogon's wifi battle finder, won both, the first one was good, vs rain stall, the second one vs rain offense, only form of hax was a crit CB Aqua Jet from Azumarill in rain vs Scarf MoxieMence, and possibly my Outrage turns, but either way, I won 4-0

Usatoday

Eternal God
I agree with Darklord. RP genesect will demolish teams once the one pokemon that walls the set is out of the way. No hp ground, run something to rid you of heatran. No giga drain or hp ground, scizor handles terrakion well. etc. etc.
Also tornadus-t is just so dangerous in rain, but you see genesect more since it has more use without weather.
terrakion
heatran- duh
any others?
But you... just... posted... liked it here...
O_O
Frankly, Sp. Def Jelliecent can pretty much take any of Gene's attacks.

You want to know a sure fire counter for both?

Rotom Heat @ Leftovers
Nature Modest
Ability Levitate
Evs 248 HP 4 Def 4 SDef 252 SAtk
Overheat
Volt Switch
Thunder Wave
Hidden Power (Ice) / Pain Split

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
hey guys, my new po name is G★rchomp

just letting you know.

BLUES.

Something else
Can I get your opinions on my rmt?

also, thats really good usa. walled by blissey, so maybe trick>hp ice and specs...or something. actually, having some powerful physical fighting type would be best. maybe terrakion?
If you post a link we might be able to find it :p

superstar

Your House: Tourmaline
Opponent's House: Zircon
Opponent's Name: Spiderman
Win/Loss/Draw + Score: Win 5-0
Rate your performance out of 50: 40
Rate opponent's performance out of 50: 40
Any improvements for opponent: On a defensive team like that, a spinner is really important
Any thing else worth mentioning?: Well, it really was more balanced, I just happened to have counters to all your offense :p My spinner almost died at one point a crit or maybe even a higher damage roll there could've really swung the match.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
is there a good counter/check to siglyph? i keep having to fight sigl f@gs, and its tiring.

swords dance scizor is very threatening if played right, provided you can knock out heatrna/magnezone, and also have hazards up, your fine. genesect takes about 50-60% form +2 BP, so if you rack up rocks/spikes damage scarf gene dies.
infernape is good vs genesect.
I use the Rock Polish / Giga Drain / Ice Beam / Flamethrower set, and it's awesome, but it doesn't even scratch most Fire-types. However, that's where Heatran comes in.
infernape>heatran+genesect.

terrakion
heatran- duh

any others?
terrakion in sand works wonders , as it can take a giga drain IIRC, but terra is worse against it than infernape, who has grass resist.

check it later I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.