• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Crystalline Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
i've always been partial to gliscor. he's better for walling, but can also pull off a psuedo sweep, as he has options like sd and fling + acrobatics with a toxic orb.

Klaus™

Banned
i've always been partial to gliscor. he's better for walling, but can also pull off a psuedo sweep, as he has options like sd and fling + acrobatics with a toxic orb.

i find landorus-t superior. it just suits the current metagame so much better, imo. its able to set-up on so many things and with rock polish, makes a great check to genesect, which is better than what most things can say. i believe it ohkoes with rocks up....

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
I've been beaten by Jirachi alone few times, but it wasn't scarfed any one of those times. I guess that's why we've got such different views on it, huh?Define healthy. Helpful to the balance? Not ruining the balance? Or both?

I've been beaten by non-scarf Rachi before, no qualms there. Even the Body Slam + Para Flinch set I find is manageable since pokes can outspeed it and sub/ko it easily, usually Landy or Offensive Gliscor. I find that Calm Mind Rachi with Thunder and Water Pulse is vital for Rain teams, in order to stop Lati@s ripping them apart. Jirachi does have a well deserved place in the Meta, but Scarf Rachi Iron Head spam needs to bugger off.

By healthy, I mean is it in the spirit of Competitiveness. Like I can understand Sand Veil/Snow Cloak being banned, because that 1 miss can make the difference between winning and losing, thus it is deemed to be anti competitive. It's reducing the Luck:Skill ratio. I understand that pokemon will always have a portion of luck involved (85% acc moves, 10% freeze chance, crits etc) but what is essentially a lucky hit, should not be abusable, which is exactly what Scrachi Iron Head is

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
Gliscor get poison heal, which gives it a boost for stalling/walling/whatever it does (idk). Intimidate makes Landorus-T better defensively because of zapped attack, but honestly, I feel like there are more special / mixed attackers in general.

gigaboost

Been unexpectedly internetless for the last 5 days, apologies to sparkbeat about the WC

Your house: Citrine
Opp's name: Sparkbeat
Opp's house: Emerald
Score: win 2-0
Any comments?: Very similar teams and a close game, ggwp

(game totally unrelated to the WC)

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Been unexpectedly internetless for the last 5 days, apologies to sparkbeat about the WC

Your house: Citrine
Opp's name: Sparkbeat
Opp's house: Emerald
Score: win 2-0
Any comments?: Very similar teams and a close game, ggwp

(game totally unrelated to the WC)
Yeah, gg.
Also, if you could choose one pokemon to make ubers, what would it be? I'd choose genesect because nowadays you have to include a counter for it it every team. Either him or Magikarp because science.

gigaboost

Okay, so if I swept a team with astonish Zubat through hax, it'd be banned?

The odds of that are terrible. That was just rotten luck. I mean, it's like saying Charizard should be banned because a pokemon's stone edge missed it five times in a row.

Let's do the math. It's been a while since I've worked with chances of something occuring, but if I remember correctly... There were 6 flinches. Each of them had a 60% chance of occurring.
0.6^6
That means that the odds of making a pokemon flinch 6 times in a row is a 4.6656% chance. That's less then five.

And for my final nitpick...pokemon don't die. I'm tired of everyone saying that.

This maths is clearly masking the issue, so I will try to simplify it. With iron head, you have a chance to flinch 60% of the time. Hence, 60% of the time Rachi has the equivalent of a 240 base power move after stab (with max investment in rachi, equivalent to a latias's draco meteor without the drop). 40% of the time, it is the normal 120 base power after stab. Hence on average, iron head is equivalent to 192 bp after stab with perfect accuracy every turn - and no move comes near that base power without having some drawback - the closest is STAB EQ with 42 BP less, and so many OU threats are immune to it. Coupled with rachi's ridiculous typing and movepool, scrachi with a sustainable 128 base power move is indefensible in the metagame.

Last edited:

Zachmac

I'd choose genesect because nowadays you have to include a counter for it it every team.
You have to have a check or counter for every common, offensive OU threat, or else you'll simply be crushed.

The question is how many viable options are there to check or counter Genesect.

Also, I brought up Jirachi here. I'll just argue about it there, since I felt the discussion was really making the thread feel more heated then it really should.

Last edited:

Avicii

Oh hai.
You have to have a check or counter for every common, offensive OU threat, or else you'll simply be crushed.

The question is how many viable options are there to check or counter Genesect.

Also, I brought up Jirachi here. I'll just argue about it there, since I felt the discussion was really making the thread feel more heated then it really should.

But the difference is that if you bring a Rotom it counters many things, so you don't have to worry. If you bring Skarmory it counters tons of physical threats. If you bring Blissey it counters - or used to counter almost all special attackers. You don't bring a Heatran? No other counter. YOU HAVE TO USE TRAN ALL OF THE TIME.

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
But the difference is that if you bring a Rotom it counters many things, so you don't have to worry. If you bring Skarmory it counters tons of physical threats. If you bring Blissey it counters - or used to counter almost all special attackers. You don't bring a Heatran? No other counter. YOU HAVE TO USE TRAN ALL OF THE TIME.

And sometimes that's not even foolproof

Start of turn 11
The foe's Genesect used Thunderbolt!
Heatran lost 89 HP! (27% of its health)
Heatran is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Heatran is paralyzed! It can't move!

Start of turn 12
Heatran lost 86 HP! (26% of its health)

Start of turn 13
Heatran lost 68 HP! (21% of its health)
Heatran fainted!

[CG] Prohawk: didn't expect that..

That was in the TA war too haha

Avicii

Oh hai.
And sometimes that's not even foolproof

Start of turn 11
Heatran lost 89 HP! (27% of its health)
Heatran is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Start of turn 12
Heatran lost 86 HP! (26% of its health)

Start of turn 13
Heatran lost 68 HP! (21% of its health)
Heatran fainted!

[CG] Prohawk: didn't expect that..

That was in the TA war too haha
That's a damn shame.
BLUES won the war!!

dMzvm.gif
WOO! [:
ShowMeTheMankey is the only reason we won this war anyone that disagrees dont kid yourself, we all know it is.

Nah dawg. One person can't win the war. It was a team effort. :]

D-BRAY

The Heracross Myth.
Mankeys awesome GIFs pulled the team over the line and his outstanding win. Thus Mankey won us the war.

Mankeys awesome GIFs pulled the team over the line and his outstanding win. Thus Mankey won us the war.

I'd like to think me and prohawk played a small part, organsing the war, me winning, helping blues/mankey practice and all that jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.