• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ctrl+V Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiekitten

The Compromise
...I guess his healing power has to go, then. XD Never mind. I like him as a noble... His sword experience will make up for any dissadvantages from his lack of power. XD

Form:

Name: Tibalt. Tibalt Brenwy. Pronounced Bren – wee. Please get it right. I’ve lived my entire life with being called Brenwhy by ignorant servants, and I find it upsetting, to say the least. I had them… educated, of course, but I’d prefer not to do that when it’s not necessary.

Class: Noble, of course. The name is normally a big tip off. How many commoners do you see wandering around with a name like Tibalt? Not many, dear friend, not many.

Chii-Device or Similar: An amulet, as is custom. The Brenwy house has long supervised the courts of justice, so our ancestors’ powers are usually passed down in the form of a close-fitting, mottled green cloth bracelet. Why cloth, you ask? As a safe guard against robbery. We may be rich, but we are not fools. To flaunt our most prized items are to attract unwanted attention, a lesson some nobles learn the hard way. Our knowledge of the law and the reports from our attendants who sit in every case that passes through Justice’s doors has cautioned us to be wary. A very good thing indeed.

Appearance: Comely, if not handsome. I have been told that I have finely sculpted features, from my full lips to my grey eyes. My hair falls in abundant russet curls around my shoulders to go with the current style, or so my barber tells me. I personally hate it long, and plan to cut it the day I escape this golden cage, but until then I have to keep it in check with a feathered brown felt hat, which does the trick nicely. I must admit I am rather fond of it, although it is a bother to remember. I find myself misplacing it in the oddest of places.

On my general attire, I usually dress in a creamy satin tunic and mud brown breeches, wide rather than close fitting to keep me cool. My feet are usually adorned with a pair of shiny black boots, made from the finest leather available. Unlike most nobles, I believe in not announcing my wealth to the world. I myself have attended a fair few trials, and understand a little of the motives of the many men and women who fall to crime as a last resort. The mere sight of wealth excites them, and their target has little to no chance. I prefer to not paint a gold and silver target on myself, and choose less extravagant, but finely made, clothing.

I've sowed a few sheaths into my sleeves and other such places for easy access as times of need. It never hurts to be prepared for what ever life may throw at you. They also are perfect time consumers, for all I need is a stick and one of my knives and I can walk for days whittling happily away...

My sword's sheath is strapped behind my bag across my back, for easier drawing. It's made out of solid wood and sticks out a little, so I am not hampered by my backpack when I have to put it away.

Backpack Contents: Two full water skins, enough food for two meals, a dart blower and a bag of spare darts. (A skill picked up from the farmers who work in the lands surrounding my home. While running around after rabbits and trying to spear them with my sword would be... interesting, blow darts are more fit to purpose). Metal polish, (I wouldn't want my sword/knives rusting) and various eating utensils.

Personality: …If I must answer this, (as I’m sure you have gathered my personality through my writing) I would say that I am… mature for my age. Pride, I must admit, is a weakness of mine. I will grow angry at even a hinted slight at my family, or me, and will deal with it accordingly. I am not overly fond of merchants, as you can imagine. I pity them from a far for the most part. I am not vain, a some people like to say, but merely… Appreciative. Yes, appreciative.

History: I was born in Albany (a seaside village), in a mansion on the edge of a sheer chalk cliff. I remember the cliff very well, picking my way down the weathered stairs to visit the beach below, exploring rock pools at their mighty feet… I spent my first fieve years there, living with my mother, (my father in our houses village, taking care of business) before she too was called to duty. We moved into the heart of our fathers home village, where my mother joined my father and helped him work. From then on I rarely saw the two of them, being brought up instead by an army of nannies and mentors. I watched as my standard of life took a nosedive, and strived to spend the least amount of time in the house as possible. I instead made friends with the other noble children, and took to spending time until a particularly nasty mentor discovered my antics and confined me to the house. Apparently, the children I had been playing with, perfectly happy, healthy children like myself, were ‘filthy kids with bad habits’. It took several years to discover the true reason behind the separation: Their families were disgraced, their core members corrupt, and I, as the sole inheritor of the Brenwy legacy, a family who prided themselves on forever remaining true and fair, was not allowed to mix with the other ‘sort’.

That was the day I first began to understand the harshness of reality.

Years passed, the golden sands of time slowly slipping through the hourglass’s slim neck, burning with passion and strength before disintegrating as it enters the wide chamber that is time’s death, floating down in a cloud of dust. I grew, learning, smiling, laughing, and singing as I breached the barrier of adolescence, with a final task before me. The quest that would admit me into adulthood. I spent many sleepless nights in the lead up to Quest day, waking early on the bloodred dawn that heralded it. I woke fully rested for the first time in weeks. I was ready.

OOC: I is back! =D The sign up alright? I ditched the jars, I understand now. XD Replaced them with a blow dart.

^.^;; Just edited my sign up for Elemental Quest take two. XD

flannery lover

I Love Flannery

katiekitten

The Compromise
Thanks! =D This really does help me, and I relaly do appreciate it. =D

The first one is good, no problems except for spacing, and I really like it. The emotion in it is real, and the descriptions of the battle were very nice.

The second one has great imagery, and a lot of potential, but it is so under explained and described! I thought when I was reading it that the girl must be microscopic to be able to swimming in his blood. XD The fact that it wasn't wholy related to my beginning, where I portrayed a medieval war and she had the guy get shot, and the contradiction at the end, where I say that you die alone and she says you don't, just put me off a little. Apparently she thinks that I took the piece from a book. XD It was actually an alternate beginning to As the Cold Wind Blows, but I couldn't be bothered to write out the whole battle scene... XD

The entrance was confusing, as was the end, but she does have a lot of potential. I gave her a review of the entry, and was hoping to talk to her about it to clear other bits up, but when I saw her, she didn't make any attempt at conversation, and when I tried, she brushed me off...

The problem was that the first one was written by my friend, and I didn't want to seem biast.

I'm glad you guys agree with me. =D

Thanks again for the help!

I think I'll leave this open a little bit longer, to see what others views are as well... =D

XD I'm writing way too much today...

DarkPersian479

The main character in my fic, Lisa, has my interests but not my personality. Her looks are based off Blue/the lead female from FR/LG, but I gave her a larger variety in outfits. She was inspired by child prodigies (college graduate at 15, owns two internet based companies), but she's still a typical teenage girl. And like me she HATES being "camping out" but loves major chain hotels, which I elaborate on below.

DarkPersian479

This Quality Inn/Denny's complex is an old '70's Howard Johnson's motor lodge/restaurant complex, hence the balconies/patios. Although it has interior corridors, the hotel consists of separate buildings and most stairways are outside. Navigating this large, spread-out motor lodge is a bit confusing at first.

In room 238, the carpet is stained in parts and some of the furniture is rather worn out, but it was clean otherwise. The king bed is comfortable but the comforter is starting to unravel just a bit. The wireless internet access worked well. One unique feature left over from the Hojo's era is a bedside switch panel which controls all the lights. At this point, this hotel was going for a three-star rating, however...

The bathroom is not up to snuff. The toilet seat is badly worn and I think the toilet itself was the original one in the room. The bathtub is discolored. Water takes forever to heat up and smells of chlorine. The tub takes forever to drain as well. I just gave up on trying to use it.

zeppelin

echospace obsessive
In 1947 a guy named Art Lacey decided he wanted to buy a surplus B-17G “Flying Fortress” WWII bomber, and with little prior experience, fly the plane from Kansas back to Milwaukie, Oregon.

After great but highlu un-likely journey Mr Lacey used his new purchase… as roof for his local gas/petrol station.

Today the gas station has made way for the family-run Bomber Drive-In restaurant which still operates, and these days the bomber is one of the few that still remain in the world.

..dont ask.

Despite my intelligent etc, I am not lucky. Put it this way: if hax exists IRL, I am always on the recieving end of it. :(
(ten characters.......)

Sharpedo Boy

< Don't take drugs!
bot_flensberg-power-germany.jpg

FLENSGBURGER POWER!

Charizard987 - $0
Captain Swampert - $0
~Shadow Espeon~ - $600
Iron Justice - $0
Redsoxpsycho - $0
darkjigglypuff - $2100
Fircoal - $0