• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!! (1204)

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Iris looking nervous when Alain was fighting Leon on top of the fact that she was sacred when she found out who she was facing means the writers are a little bit too aware on what we think is suppose to happen during that battle.

Still on the table on how it will go but they could pull the “see you could do it if you believe!” trope especially since they made it a point to this time show her confidentiality fighting Cynthia. Either way both are possible

And on top of the fact we are getting a lot of Championshipping moments and they made it a point to keep emphasizing Ash and Iris so much so they forgot to make Ash interact with Alain. A rematch between them doesn’t seem that weird save for if they acknowledged their promise as well with good subs

AJ97

If Cynthia curb stomps Iris, then people would not believe that Ash would be able to defeat Cynthia, let alone Leon.

The truth is... for Leon to seem beatable, either Lance or Diantha will have to push him further to the brink then ever before. Maybe knock out two of Leon's Pokémon and force Leon to use Gigantamax.
Don't forget that Ash is battling Steven, a champion just as impressive also ranked third in the Master Class, before the Cynthia fight.
Fighting and defeating Steven would be the perfect preparation for the Cynthia fight.

Ash beating Raihan's ace with Base Lucario was also a perfect setup before entering the Master Class.
Additionally, Iris on the other hand, lost against a weaker Ash's Dragonite and a Pokemon that never even battled. Additionally, they didn't do anything convincing to indicate her growth since then. And you're saying the very same Iris should force Cynthia to go all out after hyping her so much? lol

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Just watched it and calling it a bad episode is not enough. It was a sheer disgrace. Alain got one of the worst character assassinations I've seen. Being edgy, not acknowledging Ash, no interactions with anyone else. XYZ was a perfect wrap up for his story, having returned to being Sycamore's assistant and finding his own mega Ring. There was no explanation to how he got his new mega Ring, how he got here, and why he wanted to even be here. Seriously, enough is enough. Let this dumpster fire of an anime just end in whatever stupid way it can (and if it can't, OLM or whoever is in charge should just boot the anime out). Oh and ofc, Ash decided not to interact with the champions cause his new best friends Hop and Goh are around.

Team Rocket once again remind me why their absence will never be missed. Just get out. Also you can bet the writers took great pleasure in making Mairin cry.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I watched this without subs and this episode was hilarious. I liked the selfie Iris took with Diantha and Cynthia.

AJ97

Just watched it and calling it a bad episode is not enough. It was a sheer disgrace. Alain got one of the worst character assassinations I've seen. Being edgy, not acknowledging Ash, no interactions with anyone else. XYZ was a perfect wrap up for his story, having returned to being Sycamore's assistant and finding his own mega Ring. There was no explanation to how he got his new mega Ring, how he got here, and why he wanted to even be here. Seriously, enough is enough. Let this dumpster fire of an anime just end in whatever stupid way it can (and if it can't, OLM or whoever is in charge should just boot the anime out).

Team Rocket once again remind me why their absence will never be missed. Just get out. Also you can bet the writers took great pleasure in making Mairin cry.
Finally. Someone who hates team rocket as much as I do. Additionally, even the Pokedex checks and Ash going to the stands instead of being in the champion's room were all terrible.

Even if the battle was written this way, they should've at the very least, had a short conversation between Ash and Alain instead of nonsense nod which made no sense.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I wish alain never appeared in this episode and series. He had a satisfying send off for his character in XY. Bringing him back just as a punching bag for leon just spits on the effort put into his previous story.

I’m starting to wish thos tournament WAS just a slideshow. Maybe they would‘ve actually have the time for characters and interactions.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I wish alain never appeared in this episode and series. He had a satisfying send off for his character in XY. Bringing him back just as a punching bag for leon just spits on the effort put into his previous story.
Exactly. Also why brink back the beautiful Mairin? To see her crying? horrible.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Don't forget that Ash is battling Steven, a champion just as impressive also ranked third in the Master Class, before the Cynthia fight.
Fighting and defeating Steven would be the perfect preparation for the Cynthia fight.

Ash beating Raihan's ace with Base Lucario was also a perfect setup before entering the Master Class.
Additionally, Iris on the other hand, lost against a weaker Ash's Dragonite and a Pokemon that never even battled. Additionally, they didn't do anything convincing to indicate her growth since then. And you're saying the very same Iris should force Cynthia to go all out after hyping her so much? lol

Cynthia is a whole another level compared to Steven. She's not simply strong but invincible. If you're going to make beating Leon believable, you shouldn't ask Cynthia to crush Iris...

Rather, you should ask yourself if Lance or Diantha can push Leon to the brink. If Leon nearly loses to them, than Ash can win this.

Dragneelo

Anipoke Hiveleader
Iris looking nervous when Alain was fighting Leon on top of the fact that she was sacred when she found out who she was facing means the writers are a little bit too aware on what we think is suppose to happen during that battle.

Still on the table on how it will go but they could pull the “see you could do it if you believe!” trope especially since they made it a point to this time show her confidentiality fighting Cynthia. Either way both are possible

And on top of the fact we are getting a lot of Championshipping moments and they made it a point to keep emphasizing Ash and Iris so much so they forgot to make Ash interact with Alain. A rematch between them doesn’t seem that weird save for if they acknowledged their promise as well with good subs
Isn't that called Negaishipping

AJ97

Cynthia is a whole another level compared to Steven. She's not simply strong but invincible. If you're going to make beating Leon believable, you shouldn't ask Cynthia to crush Iris...
All of this is your headcanon. Where exactly was it shown "Cynthis is a whole another level compared to Steven? We've never seen them battle.
What we objectively see is Iris losing to Ash's Dragonite and Dracovish (A pokemon that never battled before), while she was the Unova Champion and you want to see her force Cynthia to go all out and then conclude "Cynthia on a whole another level compared to Steven"?

This is just you being an Iris and Cynthia stan.

Even by your logic, if Diantha or Lance can force Leon to go all out and Iris can force Cynthia to go all out, that makes Cynthia not just significantly inferior to Leon, but also to Diantha/Lance.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
All of this is your headcanon. Where exactly was it shown "Cynthis is a whole another level compared to Steven?
What we objectively see is Iris losing to Ash's Dragonite and Dracovish (A pokemon that never battled before), while she was the Unova Champion and you want to see her force Cynthia to go all out and then conclude "Cynthia on a whole another level compared to Steven"?

This is just you being an Iris and Cynthia stan.

Cynthia has never lost a single battle in all her appearances. She's seen heavily defending her title as Sinnoh Champion from the Elite Four again and again, and always win.

Ash would be facing two Leons instead of one if neither prove themselves to be able to bleed.

AJ97

Cynthia has never lost a single battle in all her appearances. She's seen heavily defending her title as Sinnoh Champion from the Elite Four again and again, and always win.

Ash would be facing two Leons instead of one if neither prove themselves to be able to bleed.
Even Steven has never lost a single battle in all his appearances. If Steven is the Regional Champion, it can be implied that he too has defended his title over and over.

Nothing you say even makes sense at this point.

Even if you're hyping up Cynthia to be this strong, why do you want her to go all out against Iris (After we've seen Iris perform against a much weaker Ash)?

I'm all for Cynthia being close to Leon in level and the final obstacle Ash needs to overcome. However, if Iris forces her to go all out, that destroys the narrative. If Iris defeated Ash easily like Bea did in their previous battle, it would've been a different story.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Kind of what I expected though not so much in execution, Alain did at least take down one of Leon's pokemon, that's still better than what happened with Trevor back in the kalos league who didn't get a win at all.

TR's appearance, Iris interacting with Cynthia and Diantha and Ash being acknowledged as Alola's champion are the real only good points here, they really did rush this battle with everything else going on, hopefully the rest of the tournament won't be the same.

I also really hope their not gonna make Hop get emotional every single time one of his brothers pokemon gets knocked out, I found that really annoying, Marin crying on the other hand was justified and sad.

Was that really Ancient Power Leon's Zard used?