• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!! (1204)

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
If only they had just written Tobias in Alain's place then no one would've complained to see him creamed

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Even Steven has never lost a single battle in all his appearances. If Steven is the Regional Champion, it can be implied that he too has defended his title over and over.

Nothing you say even makes sense at this point.

Even if you're hyping up Cynthia to be this strong, why do you want her to go all out against Iris (After we've seen Iris perform against a much weaker Ash)?

I'm all for Cynthia being close to Leon in level and the final obstacle Ash needs to overcome. However, if Iris forces her to go all out, that destroys the narrative. If Iris defeated Ash easily like Bea did in their previous battle, it would've been a different story.

Steven's track is much lower than Cynthia. And he actually hasn't won any battle thanks to Lysandre.

As for Cynthia to go all out, you need to make the Champion bleed first before you can believably defeat them. Iris is in the Master 8 for a reason. She didn't climb up there just by sleeping in.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Cynthia is a whole another level compared to Steven.
I'm a big fan of Cynthia's but is there actually any evidence of this in the anime? I got the impression that Steven is more or less just as formidable (they're both literally one rank apart), it's just that he's appeared way less

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Cynthia has the superior record against trainers but Steven literally faced legendary behemoths and helped against a world crisis (Cynthia kind of struggled against the kami trio and the specials).

Shadao

I'm a big fan of Cynthia's but is there actually any evidence of this anime? I got the impression that Steven is more or less just as formidable (they're both literally one rank apart), it's just that he's appeared way less

In that Cynthia was shown to defend her title several times, and effortlessly crush her opponents. To date, she hasn't been pushed to the brink, yet.

AJ97

Steven's track is much lower than Cynthia. And he actually hasn't won any battle thanks to Lysandre.

As for Cynthia to go all out, you need to make the Champion bleed first before you can believably defeat them. Iris is in the Master 8 for a reason. She didn't climb up there just by sleeping in.
You're not making any sense at this point.

One side you're hyping up Cynthia to be just as invincible as Leon and on the other side, you're expecting Iris to force her to go all out. The same champion who lost against Dragonite and Dracovish(A pokemon that never battled).

Maybe start by keeping your argument consistent lol.

Cynthia has the superior record against trainers but Steven literally faced legendary behemoths and helped against a world crisis (Cynthia kind of struggled against the kami trio and the specials).
Cynthia doesn't necessarily have a "Superior record". Just because we don't see Steven fight against his E4 or challengers, we can't assume this. He's just as formidable as she is. The only difference is that she's more established due to her long-standing relationship with the MC.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
If only they had just written Tobias in Alain's place then no one would've complained to see him creamed
Impossible, they wouldn't do Legendaries dirty like this, since they're often game-sellers. Tobias isn't a character who can be shown losing, to be honest. That's why they aren't bringing him back.

Shadao

You're not making any sense at this point.

One side you're hyping up Cynthia to be just as invincible as Leon and on the other side, you're expecting Iris to force her to go all out. The same champion who lost against Dragonite and Dracovish(A pokemon that never battled).

Maybe start by keeping your argument consistent lol.

Cynthia doesn't necessarily have a "Superior record". Just because we don't see Steven fight against his E4 or challengers, we can't assume this. He's just as formidable as she is. The only difference is that she's more established due to her long-standing relationship with the MC.

Did you not pay attention to what I said? If you want Ash to believably beat Leon... Leon has to be pushed to the brink by either Lance or Diantha. The same thing can be said about Cynthia. Pushing undefeatable champions to the brink helps set up their defeat in the future. Iris pushing Cynthia to go all out means that yes, it's possible to beat her. Similarly, Leon going all out in the second match means that Leon isn't as invincible as people think.

Leon and Cynthia are the biggest name because they are the most well-known and have the best track record shown.

And please, stop pretending that Iris is weak. That girl is there in the Master 8 for a reason.

AJ97

there is one question I have from this episode.

why is Lance so angry?
Red Probably made fun of him after his loss to Leon and then vacated the Champion Title(Making Lance the new Champion by Default) in hopes of Making Lance's introduction at the very least, sound a little better.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Red Probably made fun of him after his loss to Leon and then vacated the Champion Title(Making Lance the new Champion by Default) in hopes of Making Lance's introduction at the very least, sound a little better.

i mean did his expression change at all during this cause i don't think it did.