• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!! (1204)

Rune Knight

Loved the episode. Would've appreciated a G-Max Charizard vs. Charizard X fight though, but glad that we got to see G-Max Rillaboom. 9/10.

Just curious, why did Alain give Ash that snug, was it supposed to mean something or am I looking into it too deep?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm gonna be honest... Despite us knowing full well Leon is just suppose to be that good, I believe the reason this episode exists in this fashion was because we knew how strong Alain was in XY. If Alain, who was pretty much beast-modeing the Kalos League with Mega Zard X was beaten this easily, than Leon is now a pretty high tier threat.

Again, did we really need a Leon reminder? No, but message sent anyway

Gingertail24

I don’t know if there is anything else, but they haven’t retconned Ash-Greninja. While it wasn’t shown in the flashback, it was still referenced in that episode’s dialog.
Idk the fact that they fully omitted the form makes me feel like a retcon. Not a complete one tho

nuzamaki90

you can add me in the group that believes that this episode's better with dialogue.

but the battle is what hampers it.
I really don’t understand the complaints too much honestly. I don’t wanna say “people are mad because their fave lost” or “people don’t like Leon” but at the same time some of the points being made aren’t holding up. I saw a lot of people say the animation was bad, which I cannot even believe anyone would say about this specific episode lol

Sham

The Guardian of War
Okay so now watching with subs. Honestly between the interactions and the hype going on, it wasn’t bad.

Also was Lance and Diantha lowkey flirting? Steven go get your girl. I ship it

THEY TRIED IT having me ship Iris and Ash after this episode but still no they’ve always had a sibling dynamic

What killed this episode was them forcing in a match at the beginning of the ceremony. Has this ever been a thing with a league? Like the beginning also having a quick battle rushed in as well?

Diantha, Iris, Lance, Cynthia and Steven all bounced off each other well. Hop and Goh as well (which is ironic since Goh stole Hop’s SWSH storyline).

They really shouldn’t of been hasty and rushed this battle in here and it would of been perfect. We could of went without this battle

Last edited:

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I'm gonna be honest... Despite us knowing full well Leon is just suppose to be that good, I believe the reason this episode exists in this fashion was because we knew how strong Alain was in XY. If Alain, who was pretty much beast-modeing the Kalos League with Mega Zard X was beaten this easily, than Leon is now a pretty high tier threat.

Again, did we really need a Leon reminder? No, but message sent anyway
True, but we are supposed to believe that Ash can beat the person who just wiped Alain? How can Ash newest team be on par with champion level pokemon that have been at this game for far longer.

Gingertail24

I really don’t understand the complaints too much honestly. I don’t wanna say “people are mad because their fave lost” or “people don’t like Leon” but at the same time some of the points being made aren’t holding up. I saw a lot of people say the animation was bad, which I cannot even believe anyone would say about this specific episode lol
It wasn't "bad" per se. But considering this is the M8, and a battle between the one of the strongest trainers , it was pretty disappointing, which brought the whole episode down for me. These kind of battles, having average eor.mediocre animation can downgrade it. Especially if this is a final tournament and not some random gym match

Jibanyan

Pretty typical. It only takes him a few minutes to register an account. It only takes us a second to ban them with the click of a button. I'm sure he will come back with something else in a matter of minutes.

He really needs to go outside and touch some grass. That would be a good start.

Anyways, that is all. Back to the topic now.
Can you range ban him?