• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!! (1204)

mystreon

the elder eevee
So they just made this whole thing extremely obvious, ash beats steven, cynthia beats iris, ash beats cynthia, leon beats alan, leon beats probably diantha, (I dont think lance will win because he feels weaker and they would rather just get the weaker out the way)
unknown.png
Actually we already had lance vs leon, so im a hundred percent sure diantha is beating lance.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Ash-Greninja doesn't appear even in flashbacks.
Korrina jobs to everyone she faces.
Alain is destroyed in a bad fight.
Drasna battle is one of the worst battles in all of Journeys.
Serena has barely any interaction with Ash.

If Diantha loses to Lance then gg Kalos, deserved better with Alain and Greninja.
Corni’s return with helping with the trial and introduction of mega island was good as was her friendship with Saito and bond with Satoshi and their Lucario. I do think Citron’s appearance was wasted though.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Alain and Ash were two sides of the same coin in XY. Both received a Pokémon from Sycamore, travelled to other regions and genuinely wanted to become stronger, which led to the point that both couldn’t accept defeat and started to become too focused on wins. However, while Ash came back to his senses thanks to his friends, Alain had no such person. The only joy he had at that point in his life was battling Ash. And while Ash saw Alain as a role model in being a strong trainer, Alain saw Ash as a role model in how to live a life that he’d truly enjoy.

That’s why Ash losing the Kalos League is actually not that bad in retrospect. It clearly shows how he accepted defeat and learned from his mistakes. Despite losing, he is happier than the winner Alain, who only becomes happy once he frees himself from his literal shackle, the TF key stone, and starts a new life.

What I want to say with this is: Alain is not a simple cardboard character. He was the protagonist of his own mini series and one of the few, maybe the first non one dimensional character in this series. He and Ash were rivals, but he was also a version of Ash if he didn’t have his friends with him. The utterly humiliating loss is already bad enough and destroys everything that has been showed by Alain so far. However, this episode also shits entirely on Alain and Ash’s relationship and Alain’s character development. It’s like the writers don’t know who Alain is, just watched 2-3 minute clips of him and wrote this episode. I wish they’d spent the entire episode with Ash and Alain catching up and then off-screen the battle, instead of ruining the legacy of such a great character.

Last edited:
Heh, now I know why so many people laughed at my statement. Replacing Blast Burn, what a disgrace
To be fair, we actually don't know for sure if he replaced Blast Burn with Flare Blitz given MCX only used two moves(Dragon Claw and Flare Blitz), but it is more likely than not honestly given the latter is used in the same way Blast Burn was as a finisher move.

bmw9413

Ash and Iris running to the champions lounge was so reminiscent of their rivalry in Best Wishes, it was beautiful and reminded me of how inexperienced they were years ago to how strong they've gotten now.
Also love the Ash/Alain nod reference to XY.
Iris/Cynthia/Diantha selfie!!!!
Basically seeing all these older characters/Champions from previous generations come together was the best part of the episode for me. Reminds me of how far the show has come in 25 years. It feels full circle and reminds me of the best years of my life!

Trillion

i really liked the first half.
  • goh asking ash [about hop] "do you think he knows you're one of the masters 8?" really shows how far ash has come. my man is a known threat now lol. i love that ash is at this level
  • iris, cynthia, and diantha scene was cool
  • the subtle acknowledgment of alain and steven knowing each other
  • my favorite thing about journeys is how it can just seamlessly mix different series together. we legit have characters from os, ag, dp, bw, xy, and galar all in one episode. never would have thought this could happen in the bw - sm era

my only complaint for the first half is that ash should have stayed in the room with all the champions

the second half though... that battle was pretty bad- especially for it to be a masters 8 match

malamar should not have been one-shotted. and alain's charizard was definitely nerfed. i heard the mega-evolution deactivation sound effect but i thought i was hearing things. then the dust cleared and i saw that charizard was really down for the count. i don't have a problem with mega charizard losing to base charizard- my problem is that it happened so quickly. after this, if ash beats leon with his journeys team i'm just not gonna be able to believe it. they have to find a way to slide reserves in that battle somehow

the only really well-animated part was the final dragon pulse

literally the PRACTICE battle with paul in the previous episode was better

Last edited:
Really sad this is what y’all wanna focus on when the episode lovingly focused on her growth, just shows how Amour is the only thing that matters to a lot of her fans
There's no display of her growth in the episode that wasn't shown at the tail end of her arc in XY besides her taking on a mentorship role. It's not just " Amour " to want more substantial interaction between her and probably the character most significant to her development, especially because of how it was literally a running gag to keep the two separated in the episode.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

There's no display of her growth in the episode that wasn't shown at the tail end of her arc in XY besides her taking on a mentorship role. It's not just " Amour " to want more substantial interaction between her and probably the character most significant to her development, especially because of how it was literally a running gag to keep the two separated in the episode.
Except there is, and a lot of people mentioned it, you can go to the own episode review thread and on twitter. You don't decide if she didn't show development or not, especially when a lot of people disagree with you.