• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!! (1204)

Vichoo

Little interaction between champions, Ash in the stands, bad animation, Alan being a doll to make Leon look more powerful than he is.
You see XYz, you see Alan's mega-evolution arc in XY, and then you see this battle, you wonder what the hell happened?

diakyu

The animation seemed better to me than most of the not Iwane directed eps, the only cut I thought was pretty bad was one air slash that was rough.

Next ep is concerning since no shots in the preview looked as good as the best here

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
According to some buffoon here, guess even the M8 doesn't deserve good animation cause there's no "narrative" stakes. Such blatant XY favoritism!

TheNewGuy

No it's not, Leon's just that strong

It's a shame it wasn't done better, but I'm a bottom-line kind of guy and what I just saw was the abject demolition of Alain, who is the character at the centre of the worst decision ever made by the writers.

It's by no means an all-time great battle, but it was a richly satisfying result. Could have been moreso, if it was Ash doing the business or the battle was longer, but whatever - may that Megazard never battle again. Farewell, and don't let the door hit you on the way out

AJ97

Tbh, I don't really have as much of an issue with having Alain job this hard. After all, Leon is the strongest trainer in the world.
If you all watch Dragon Ball, it's a lot like Goku challenging Beerus initially in Super and getting oneshot.

However, the real problem is that they are setting up Ash to at the very minimum, be Leon's strongest challenger and they simply haven't done enough to establish this and things like this battle, make it a lot much worser from a narrative standpoint.

We see Ash Greninja clown Ash's ace just before the Master Class qualification match. If anything, MCX should narratively be stronger than AG or at minimum, equal to. Not like power scaling was ever consistent in any way, but this is just absurd.

I guess cutting weed is better type of training than battling in a tournament with the strongest trainers in the world.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
No it's not, Leon's just that strong

It's a shame it wasn't done better, but I'm a bottom-line kind of guy and what I just saw was the abject demolition of Alain, who is the character at the centre of the worst decision ever made by the writers.

It's by no means an all-time great battle, but it was a richly satisfying result. Could have been moreso, if it was Ash doing the business or the battle was longer, but whatever - may that Megazard never battle again. Farewell, and don't let the door hit you on the way out
I guess that he sacrificed his self care to be strong… bad deal

diakyu

Sigh, I hope this doesn't happen to iris.
It shouldn't unless their fight ep is like this one. It was pretty obvious this was gonna be rushed and Alain was gonna job since the next ep is dedicated to the next battle

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
This is exactly why I said Leon shouldn't have been a part of the M8 in the first place.

He's the defending Champion, should have just waited until someone reached the finals to fight him. Instead we get to see already established unbeatable trainer beating everyone in his path until he faces Ash. How ridiculous.