• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!! (1204)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
What did Alain do to these writers?????? He didn’t deserve this. Horrible

TheNewGuy

My point still stands. Oh my bad, a portion of Ancient Power and Dragon Pulse. It really doesn’t change anything lmao

It changes the fact that he was not OHKOd. He took multiple hits.

I'm just saying, false narratives kill discussion, so I'd like discussion of this battle to be grounded in what actually happened.

Not defending anything apart from that.

diakyu

I'm reporting you all for not having a champion time

Oh wait, Alain isn't a champion, must be why he jobbed

Fernsday

Alain holding his own would be more than plausible while still maintaining status. Also people still mad about the Kalos League loss probs missed the entire point of both Alain and Ash’s arcs lmao

MegaSalamence05

I didn't mind the quick battle with Hop. It was nice and quick.

Alain getting folded like a lawn chair. We knew Leon was going to win but by how much was the question. Rillaboom vs Chesnaught was exceptional.

Interesting choice of Malamar but man, this was a 1 sided affair. Apparently Leon's Charizard's Dragon Pulse is stronger than Primal Groudon's Precipice Blades. (Sheesh on that one). But I do agree Leon as the defending Champ shouldn't be in this tournament. I actually would've liked to have Raihan included. 2-9. (Cynthia, Steven, Lance, Diantha, Alain, Iris, Ash and Raihan) be the tournament. Leon gets a bye and he faces the winner.

TheNewGuy

At this point I don’t even trust that bracket. It’s clear they’re gonna do anything for shock value or the complete opposite of what’s expected as part of the story even if it’s completely random

Wait, what? Did we watch the same episode? Alain losing to Leon comfortably was about as predictable as you could get. There was nothing random about that.

Fernsday

It changes the fact that he was not OHKOd. He took multiple hits.

I'm just saying, false narratives kill discussion, so I'd like discussion of this battle to be grounded in what actually happened.

Not defending anything apart from that.
Yeah like, 1 and 1 quarter lmao. He was 2 shotted in an incredibly underwhelming fashion and the awful+rushed choreography doesn’t help either ‍♂️

diakyu

Apparently Leon's Charizard's Dragon Pulse is stronger than Primal Groudon's Precipice Blades. (Sheesh on that one).
Is Leon's Charizard stronger than a Groudon or was Groudon just weak all along, think about it. Stay woke.

Her name is Mairin...
First she sees Alain job and then her fans forget her name what a day

PAndrews

Exactly. Why do we need to see him crashing our loved characters like that? Cruel
They kind of forced themselves into that position by making it the Master 8 from the very start and having Leon be included in those 8 slots
They should have just made Leon a rank higher (so basically a champion/king type rank instead of rank 1) and they are holding a Master 8 tournament with the top 8 and whoever wins gets that right to challenge

Similar to Tobias steamrolling all competition to be a credible threat when Ash reaches him back in Sinnoh they are now forced to have Leon steamroll his way though everyone since he's meant to be the final hurdle, so yeah, omitting him (just like in the games btw) and have it be a tournament to earn the right to challenge him for his title would have been a better choice then his now obvious easy wins

AJ97

So the Alain that held his own against Steven and proceeded to continue getting stronger training for the Kalos League and would logically be stronger right now gets one shot by Leon’s base Charizard? The same Charizard that took a super effective Land’s Wrath from fcking Zygarde?
Don't forget the Dragon Ascent from Mega Rayquaza
It’s one thing to present a character as the strongest, it’s another to basically have them fodderise to the point where it’s downright stupid. It seems the writers are going so out of their way to present Leon as invincible this episode to the disservice of Alain lmao, like MCX putting up a really good fight against base Charizard would’ve been plausible and also still make Leon look strong as he isn’t using any mechanic, even Flint put up a better fight,
Agreed
add to the awful animation and pacing which Journeys as a whole has had an issue with for most of the series and you get: Trash that’s worse than Drake’s new album that released today. I really liked the interactions with Iris, the nod of acknowledgement with Alain, TR was okay, that’s all the positives I can say for this episode.

Hop being introduced this late into the series was just completely wasted potential as well, he could’ve very well been a Project Mew member from the get-go to reflect him eventually wanting to study Pokémon or hell even one of Ash’s rivals but alas, that would be too much to expect from a messy series like Journeys
Precisely. Hop should've been a Project Mew member. Alain should've battled Ash in the Hyper Class and Gary should've been part of the Master Class.
Leon is already established as the strongest, why did the writers find it necessary to put him in the M8 in the first place?

They should have:
1) Kept Leon as the Champion defending his title, waiting at the top for someone to reach him
2) Replaced Leon's spot with a more interesting candidate
3) Let Ash fight Alain instead because that actually make some narrative sense and would be more enjoyable probably
The problem with this is that, someone else would've taken Leon's place (Most likely Cynthia), during the tournament.
She would've been the biggest obstacle of Ash in the MC Tournament (As she's ranked 2nd). Whoever battles her would've jobbed just as hard to establish her strength.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
They kind of forced themselves into that position by making it the Master 8 from the very start and having Leon be included in those 8 slots
They should have just made Leon a rank higher (so basically a champion/king type rank instead of rank 1) and they are holding a Master 8 tournament with the top 8 and whoever wins gets that right to challenge

Similar to Tobias steamrolling all competition to be a credible threat when Ash reaches him back in Sinnoh they are now forced to have Leon steamroll his way though everyone since he's meant to be the final hurdle, so yeah, omitting him (just like in the games btw) and have it be a tournament to earn the right to challenge him for his title would have been a better choice then his now obvious easy wins
Leon is the new Tobis, only with a horrible hairstyle and two pants