• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!! (1204)

AARTX

Dead inside…
I’m starting to think that 2 week break isn’t actually a hijack but it’s actually the staff stopping for a while to look back at the poor choices they’ve made LMAO. All while trying to make rewrites to salvage what remains of the show kekw

Which is on brand for JN seeing as how they pretty much admitted that JN is a poorly planned mess from the get go

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
This battle better be good
I will root for Iris although both are amazing and rare beauties
Yes! Honestly the shots alone looks better than what animation we got here

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Episode sounds like garbage but like, let’s be real, almost all these Leagues have crappy starts (Kalos, Unova, Alola heck I’d even say Sinnoh), it’s a weird trend but it doesn’t spell doom for the whole thing
But this isn't just any League

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Yes! Honestly the shots alone looks better than what animation we got here

if the battles after this one start picking up, then they should've had this episode serve as an introduction, and have another episode dedicated to these two so it would've been better off.

Yes, that's fine, trust those images without context, no need to argue too much, but I should have said that I warned you.

This is what will happen: that attack will push Garchomp and there will be an explosion, iris will think she won but actually Garchomp was intact, he will use Dragon Rush and goodbye Iris.

Yes, believe what you want, but nobody should trust Journeys.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I don't think he cares tbh. He got his paycheck, so he's happy.
Funnily enough, I joked in the episode preview thread that he probably wasn't even getting paid for this. He probably came by to take Kana home and the anime probably asked him to voice a few lines for free. After seeing the episode, that very well may have been the case.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Yes, that's fine, trust those images without context, no need to argue too much, but I should have said that I warned you.

This is what will happen: that attack will push Garchomp and there will be an explosion, iris will think she won but actually Garchomp was intact, he will use Dragon Rush and goodbye Iris.

Yes, believe what you want, but nobody should trust Journeys.
If anything the reason why I think Iris could win is because I don't trust Journeys to do what most fans want

STICKTOPIA

See, THIS is why I wanted them to bring back Tobias instead of Alain...Can't believe we have to wait two weeks for a potentially good battle.
Three weeks actually

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
This can be misleading.

Iris' Haxorus has the role of Ash's Pikachu as her Trump Card, which the former two can be taken down easily, leaving Iris to proceed with a late-game sweeper. It appears Haxorus is facing against a healthy Milotic and Garchomp. To her last versus potentially a maximum 3, minimum 2 at a perfect health Pokémon including Cynthia's ace.

Seems to finish 3-2 in Cynthia's favor, but it is decent enough to prove how Iris is a strong contender as Champion to be a Dragon Master, albeit it looks to be focusing more on Haxorus than the others.

Dragneelo

Anipoke Hiveleader
Would have love to see a scene of Koharu cheering for Alain !

I wonder if Kensho and Kana sometimes talk about the disrespect their characters got from Pokemon

If anything the reason why I think Iris could win is because I don't trust Journeys to do what most fans want
You have a good point, but they could choose to glorify Cynthia in the same way as Leon, to make Ash's victory more "impressive".