• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!! (1204)

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Lance has spies everywhere
27e2c1b91a225f29c6cf51e1bbcc4441ecd093d1.jpg

ecddcc730f1d75c6bfbdaea32bb87d1a31071d34.jpg

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I love how genarlised this response is when the serena episode is amongst one of the most unanimously liked episodes for JN, which i can actually just count on my fingers.
If you know even a bit of the context I think you can put together what that message is for rather than saying I'm generalising
Also maybe tell that point of yours to the other person because apparently it's controversial to say the Serena episode wasn't controversial

Decidueye23

If you know even a bit of the context I think you can put together what that message is for rather than saying I'm generalising
Also maybe tell that point of yours to the other person because apparently it's controversial to say the Serena episode wasn't controversial
The way you phrase your statement like saying its like people dont understand when its probably like 1 percent, who are always there in any context, its seems like you are addressing the entire crowd. Some people have obsessions, cant help it.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The way you phrase your statement like saying its like people dont understand when its probably like 1 percent, who are always there in any context, its seems like you are addressing the entire crowd. Some people have obsessions, cant help it.
Yeah I understand it'll seem that way out of context, but in the context of the thread I don't see it coming off that way. Regardless I'll edit it

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Love this. I’d think that Diantha would be the gossip addicted champion, but considering Cynthia’s curious nature, this works even better
Being a famous actress as well as the heir to a mega corporation, I'd expect Steven and Diantha to be the "classiest" and not do anything stupid to jeopardize their social reputation hence why they looked perfect together in XYZ and should be shipped.

Cynthia I can definitely believe is a gossip queen lol.

I love how genarlised this response is when the serena episode is amongst one of the most unanimously liked episodes for JN, which i can actually just count on my fingers.
It doesn't matter if the episode was well-liked or not, it's a moot point unless you want to make a point about false expectations and the audience. One of the more controversial/hated episodes of XY is its opening League episode. I consider it to be one of my favorite XY episodes and brilliantly written despite the " controversy. " I could easily argue why and have done so in the past despite the Kalos League flopping in several departments otherwise for me. I'm sure many people feel the same way about episodes that many people dislike that are instead some of their favorites. For the most part, appealing to this blob of general audience reaction is such a horrible way to bolster an argument. Literally the opposite of actual discussion.
Also @Power Up, please take it to DMs. If the other person bails out due to lack of valid counters, you know you're in the right.
There's nothing to argue about. You shared one of your screenshots of your own discussion. One of the points brought up were the number of likes on the posts. It's useless.

Decidueye23

It doesn't matter if the episode was well-liked or not, it's a moot point unless you want to make a point about false expectations and the audience. One of the more controversial/hated episodes of XY is its opening League episode. I consider it to be one of my favorite XY episodes and brilliantly written despite the " controversy. " I'm sure many people feel the same way about episodes that many people dislike that are instead some of their favorites. For the most part, appealing to this blob of general audience reaction is such a horrible way to bolster an argument. Literally the opposite of actual discussion.

There's nothing to argue about. You shared one of your screenshots of your own discussion. One of the points brought up were the number of likes on the posts. It's a useless discussion.
I wasnt talking about you liking it or disliking it. And i certinly was not bolstering anyones argument. The statement made by the user that i quoted seemed to imply a general response towards the episode which wasnt the case as it was generally very well received, for which the said user has provided clarification, and thats where the matter ended.

Whether you liked it or not, or what you think about it doesnt have anything to do with me. You are most welcome to post your analysis of the episode, but maybe the episode thread for that episode is better suited, and have disciussions there.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Being a famous actress as well as the heir to a mega corporation, I'd expect Steven and Diantha to be the "classiest" and not do anything stupid to jeopardize their social reputation
True, but I think there’s lots of gossip between actors, too. But like you said, gossip queen Cynthia just works too well
hence why they looked perfect together in XYZ and should be shipped.
no no don’t cross it out, you’re on to something

Yxuro

I think the problem is that they wanted to put the opening ceremony and the fight in the same episode and so everything looks rushed. A longer fight against Hop, more interactions between champions and a few other things added for the first episode and the Leon / Alain fight in the next would have been more sympathetic. It's kind of frustrating that they're calling it "the biggest tournament in history" for it to start out that way, but we'll see what they come up with next and maybe we'll be positively surprised.

I enjoyed the first part of the episode, I like that so many powerful trainers are gathered together, we see that they all respect each other, I found it funny that Cynthia asks Iris to go easy with her , which shows that she considers her as a strong opponent even if I still have a little trouble taking Iris seriously, but I think her fight against Cynthia can change my mind, which probably won't happen if she uses Emonga lol.

For the second part of the episode, not much to say, I never liked Alain but I felt bad for him (and Mairin), one of (the?) most powerful trainers of Kalos destroyed so quickly, this fight will not be remembered

Can't wait for Diantha/Lance since it's the only one that offers suspense on the result, I hope for a long and good fight.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Me laughing at y'all having to wait three weeks for more sh!tty battles with atrocious animation:

squidward-lol.gif
Eh, not much skin off my back. I don't follow this series/franchise as closely as I used to, largely because interacting with the fandom too much has proven bad for my mental health due to jerks like you...so thanks. Thanks helping to see how unhealthy my worship of Pokemon was and actually get into other stuff. ;)

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I forgot to put this in my essay last night, but when Go said "The pendulum's swung all the way in Mr Leon's favour." I found that line funnier than I should given Yuya Sakaki (whose VA voices Alan here) uses Pendulum Summoning in Yugioh Arc-V.

KukuiFanatic501

You're claiming that current MCX is still as strong as Greninja or even stronger and there is no proof of that. That training only proves Greninja>Lucario
There is no way to compare whether or not current MCX is still stronger than Greninja.
All we have is their last battle that happened 2 series ago. We don't even know if MCX got stronger, it was beaten so easily by Leonzard.
The rest is mental gymnastics.
Actually do we know when Alain got his new mega stone for Charizard? Did they show that at the end of XY or is it just offscreen between XY and JN?