• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Curtain Rises! The Masters Tournament!! (1204)

Satokishi

I really can't get over the fact Leon use Dmax on Ape just to get the crowd on fire. You couldn't do it after the end. The most disrespect I seen this series has ever done. This giving me reason to dislike Leon.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It What is happening in this thread omg
Anyway I didnt think the ep was bad. It was nice
But I didn’t like the fact that Alan was hostile towards Ash, was out of character after his xy resolve
And didn’t like the arrogance of Leon and his lack of use in hair conditioner or hair mask

Sham

The Guardian of War
Iris was the star of the show. I love how the anipoke Twitter and the anime addressed her as the “Champion who’s growing ever stronger”. A queen.

I still think it’s very weird how she basically went all the way to a different region to meet Clair but didn’t care about Lance. Then again I guess they don’t want to reference their relationship of being cousins and didn’t care.

I also think people still aren’t getting it. We (well at least I’m not) are not mad that Leon was Alain’s opponent but instead the unsteady pacing of this battle. It just seemed like they tried squeezing too much in here (hm almost like this battle wasn’t planned) and it turned out bad

Soniman

Break the Limit
I agree the editing was super choppy, as if parts were cut for time. Ash and Iris enter the room and the scene just ends. Then it's immediately to the opening ceremony which also seemed rushed, and then Ash is in the crowd instead of interacting with his fellow champions. None of it had flow to it.
Would’ve love that scene extended and having them immediately realize the tension in the room and the fact that they’re in the big leagues and maybe someone like Cynthia who knows both of them well cuts through that tension and welcomes them in a friendly way, have Alan actually interact with Ash etc etc

Man screw this episode LOL

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
We (well at least I’m not) are not mad that Leon was Alain’s opponent but instead the unsteady pacing of this battle. It just seemed like they tried squeezing too much in here (hm almost like this battle wasn’t planned) and it turned out bad
Even though you kind of corrected yourself, I’d be careful about using “we” here. In the lead up to this episode, there were more than a few posts that were upset that Alain was brought back to basically lose to Leon. Some of that is reflected in this thread.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Yeah and the last 5 have been all about Serena which has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE EPISODE.
and how many pages are dedicated to people thinking Ash lost unfairly, which had nothing to do with the episode?
It’s actually hilarious how controversial Alains loss here is getting considering everyone and their mother expected and wanted him to lose lol.

The only reason for being upset is because of the character used to crush him.
...no? Because it was handled very poorly?

There's nothing cathartic about losing to a Gary Stu

KukuiFanatic501

Although I enjoy Leon as a concept and character.

He should have been replaced by someone else to be the sacrificial lamb instead of Alain.

Such characters like Tobias, Alder, Peony, Palmer, Argenta, Wallace or Juan would have worked well and be interesting additions.

Leon should be just the title holder that the winner of the masters 8 can challenge.
It’s already been explained several times why Alain is the best choice out of all those characters to be the “sacrifice”.

UnovaMaster

Seeing Tobias be this badly treated and shafted would actually have been entertaining, fun and rewarding. Alain is an established character however, so this treatment is just...ugh
Tobias should have been clowned like this agreed

False, if Tobias came back to be a top 8 loss that isn't defeated by Ash I'd be upset, Leon one shotting legendaries is very oh please, yeah right

Even Tobias is better characterized than Alain, and at least Tobias doesn't....diddle kids

A song Alain wrote while trying to pretend his relationship to Mairin is wholesome and not creepy

Sham

The Guardian of War
Well gee, who's the undefeated invincible unbeatable world champion who's never ever lost a fight?

Truly, a mystery for the ages
Eh, he’s no different than how Cynthia was portrayed and at least he has game basis for being “undefeated”. Alain would of had the same fate if he had battled her more or less. I wouldn’t be surprised if Garchomp destroyed most of his team since they clearly didn’t care.