• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The cutest, coolest, creepiest, and most comedic Pokémon voices

Status
Not open for further replies.

technickal

The cutest, coolest, creepiest, and most comedic Pokémon voices

Were there any Pokémon voices in either the original or the dubbed version of the anime that really stood out to you? I definitely have some.

English Lillipup (Kayzie Rogers), for example, is ADORABLE. It was a great idea to make it say "Pup!" like it's barking. Both English and Japanese Noibat (Yuka Terasaki, Marc Thompson) are very endearing as well, with their little cries. Dedenne (Megumi Sato)'s voice is quite cute too, and I think it's a little underrated. I like its "ne ne!" Mika Kanai's Bayleef, Eevee, and Emolga are really soothing and sweet. Both the dub voices for Charmander (Michael Haigney and Tom Wayland) make me want to hug it with its "char char"s! Mew's, well mews in the first movie made me like more, as it reminds me of a little kitten. I was surprised to learn it was voiced by a grown man! And you can't go wrong with Pikachu (Ikue Ohtani)'s "Pika pika!"

Charizard (Shin'ichiro Miki) has some epic roars. Even if it doesn't actually say its name (well, some people can hear its Japanese name "Lizardon", but I can't), that doesn't change the fact that it sounds so cool. Moltres's dub voice in A Legendary Photo Op! (?????) was awesome, especially with the ghost wail effect. I also was impressed with Florges's dub voice (Aurora Bea) in Defending the Homeland! and Beyond the Rainbow. She sounded stoic yet confident. Her original voice (Megumi Hayashibara) is no slouch either.

As for funny or creepy Pokémon voices, I can't think of many, but English Duskull and Dusknoir (Eric Stuart) were pretty intimidating and English Bunnelby and Diggersby were hilarious, especially Diggersby and his over-the-top ham.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
My favorite anime voices are Wobbuffet, oshawott, and snorunt. :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
For the cute part, the ones I find cutest are Togepi, Jigglypuff and Audino.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oshawott's voice in the Japanese version is cute, and I always liked Togepi's chirpy voice as well.

Vlazamal

Yup. I'm a neocon.
Diglett/Dugtrio may not be as cute, but it's very memorable. And if you got it out of your head, sorry for bringing it up. :(

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Doing this with the JPN seiyuus since I don't watch any dub at all:

Cute: Iris' Emolga, Ash's Oshawott, Dawn's Pachirisu, May's Skitty, Serena's Pancham, James' Cacnea, James' Chimecho
Cool: Ash's Swellow, Iris' Excadrill, Misty's Staryu, May's Combusken, Ash's Hawlucha, Clemont's Luxray, Jessie's Yanmega
Creepy: Brock's Lombre, Ash's Muk, James' Weezing, Jessie's Lickitung
Funny: Ash's Corphish, Misty's Psyduck

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Cutest: Chimecho and Mime Jr's, Cyndaquil's, Noibat's, Fennekin's

My favorites are Charizard's, Gible's, Goodra's, Oshawott's, Snivy's, Sceptile's, Noivern's, Staraptor's, Hawlucha's, Wobbuffet's, Inkay's, Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist's, Luxio and Luxray(DP Luxray, XY dub Luxray is bad)

Creepiest: Malamar

Comedic: Wobbuffet again

Annoying: Dedenne

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
The one cute voice that has made an extremely lasting impression in my mind has been gothorita's Japanese voice. It was from that episode where the kami trio were first awakened and Ash had to get some revival herb in order to battle Clay. I just remembered that that was the episode that actually made me like gothorita. When BW first came out, the goth line wasn't my favorite (considering that reuniclus is my favorite psychic type pokemon you know which game I went for). Gothita was weird, gothitelle constantly reminded me of the Gamyga from Smash and gothorita was just meh. However, that voice made gothorita seem completely adorable to me. Needless to say, I appreciate the goth line more now (but just gothorita and gothitelle. Gothita still looks weird to me) Too bad the dubbed voice didn't have nearly the same effect.

Another really cute voice will have to be noibat's Japanese voice. Its dubbed voice is pretty bad though (although not as bad as talonflame's)

Out of the snivy line, I really enjoyed snivy's Japanese voice, but its dubbed voice seemed a little too forced. I didn't like any of the servine or serperior voices...oshawott's Japanese voice also fit its character really well while (despite me not liking that thing) its dubbed voice fell flat again...

My favorite dubbed voices will have to be bulbasaur's from the first season, totodile's and heracross's from Johto Journeys, and weavile's from Diamond and Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.