• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Daily Conversation Thread -NEW RULES!!! READ FIRST POST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Okay, the thread is being re-opened. Same basic structure, though. The questions have shown themselves to be a major force of this thread.

--RULES--​

Answer a question. Ask a question.​

~Your answer to a question must be more than one sentence. Doesn't matter how many sentences, as long as it's more than one. No one-liner answers.
~Every post must end with a question.

After ten posts that fail to follow these rules, I'll give up and close the thread for good.

~Profesco

---

Alright, here we go. This thread is dedicated to discussing various events going on in our lives, and recent events that we'd like to discuss with others. Seeing as this is a conversation thread, you'll have to do some conversing.

Anyways, I'll start the thread. Today, I went with my dad and brother to an autofair (an event for showcasing various vehicles), and had a great time. Playing some Led Zeppelin on my iPod during the trip seemed to blend in with the atmosphere, and made it more enjoyable. The majority of the showcased vehicles where in mint condition, which was surprising, seeing as there were quite a few from the late 1930's. I studied some of the engines on a few of the cars, and they were in peak condition, and quite intruiging.

Has anyone else been to a vehicle-related event recently?

Last edited by a moderator:

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Not really unless you count attempting to pile into my friend Jenna's Prius (at least one person always has to go on someone elses lap.)
I just dyed my hair hot pink and have been letting the dye soak. By the time I wash it out it'll have been going for the past 3 /12 hours, so it should be set. I'll put up pics when its finished. I abuse my hair horribly though with bleach and dye (I haven't had my natrual hair colour for a year and a half now) so I'm afraid it'll all fall out

The other day I was on an airplane, and as I stepped out of the bathroom and started walking to my seat, a flight attendant inquired where I was going >.>

We have a sub in our English class (actually we have since school started over 3 weeks ago...) And she wasted our whole class talking about aids. She did it with suicide and drugs too. She sucks. She can't even pronounce our vocab words. She is retarted and I have no idea how she made it past 3rd grade.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
I was at Books a Milllion and I was looking for the year old Harry Potter book that I never bothered to get off of my ass and buy it. A he-she then proceeded to approach me and suggested that I take my sunglasses off. I replied with a swift hi-jump kick to the face.

Actually I replied with a "No, they're designer, bitch".

Is that related to automobiles?

Shaymin~

I was at Books a Milllion and I was looking for the year old Harry Potter book that I never bothered to get off of my ass and buy it. A he-she then proceeded to approach me and suggested that I take my sunglasses off. I replied with a swift hi-jump kick to the face.

Actually I replied with a "No, they're designer, bitch".

Is that related to automobiles?

In a way it is, since there were probably books about cars at the store. You really kicked him in the face? 0_o

So today, I was playing soccer for a long time (I lost, BTW). I rode back home (in an AUTOMOBILE), ate lunch, and became really tired. So I fell asleep for like, 3 hours. While I was asleep, I had a seriously freaky dream. I don't even really remember what is about, all I remember was that it was an awful dream, and I felt sorta sick when I woke up.

Anyone else get those kinds of dreams? When you go to sleep feeling really icky and tired, and then wake up from a bad dream you can't really remember?

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Anyone else get those kinds of dreams? When you go to sleep feeling really icky and tired, and then wake up from a bad dream you can't really remember?

No, I actually remember more nightmares and such than good dreams. Which is a bit odd, but I don't have nightmares very frequently, anyways.

Earlier this week, I intercepted a football during gym class and jammed my finger. This was flag football, so we weren't wearing any protective gear or anything, so you can imagine what it was like to get tackled during the game. Coincidentally, my friend jammed his finger while intercepting a football during the following gym class. :\ I'm not very athletic, but I do play some football. Every member of my team was doing what we could, while the other team had only my two friends actually playing. It gets annoying as hell to see the girls (No offense to anyone here. My two friends were the only males on the opposing team, and they were the only ones who weren't standing around talking.) talking about some random subject while we were continuously scoring.

Has anyone else had a recent experience where members of your group/team or another group/team were just standing around doing nothing while the others were in the middle of some task?

Ezey

______ is your fault
Well I had a dream about driving away from an oncoming tornado (in an AUTOMOBILE) while simultaneously hi-jump-kicking a flight attendant who wanted to know where I was going. I also dyed my hair hot pink between kicks to the flight attendants face and long swerves across the whole lane to make it look like I was loosing control of the vehicle when I was really completely in control.

HOWEVER!, seriously? The last time I remember going to any sort of convention/show/thingy that involved cars was when I was like six. I completely ignored the cars, and instead was facinated by the revolving pedestals that they sat upon.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Cain Nightroad said:
Has anyone else had a recent experience where members of your group/team or another group/team were just standing around doing nothing while the others were in the middle of some task?

Oh yes. In a class a couple of weeks ago, we were divided into groups of six, and we had to make up a survey relating to the brain's anatomy, or something like that. Two of the girls in our group just sat behind me yakking loudly about what tramps they were (I'm not joking/exaggerating at all. Well, maybe a little). Seriously, if you're not going to help the people you're supposed to, at least don't make it worse. I wound up making the survey myself in the last two minutes of time, despite the whorish bantering behind me.

Has anyone else had an instance where everything just wound up falling on you, when it really shouldn't have?

duncan

Anyways, I'll start the thread. Today, I went with my dad and brother to an autofair (an event for showcasing various vehicles), and had a great time. Playing some Led Zeppelin on my iPod during the trip seemed to blend in with the atmosphere, and made it more enjoyable. The majority of the showcased vehicles where in mint condition, which was surprising, seeing as there were quite a few from the late 1930's. I studied some of the engines on a few of the cars, and they were in peak condition, and quite intruiging.

Has anyone else been to a vehicle-related event recently?

I laughed. Next weekend, I plan on going to an auto show/auction as well and it's practically a tradition that there's got to be Led Zeppelin playing nearly all the time. Which, of course, is fine by me.

It's something I really look forward to, as it never fails there's some kind of fantastic car to stare at. Last year, there was a very nice Ferrari Testarossa that was the star. Nice.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I went out to lunch at the state botanical gardens in Georgia today. It's right near where I live. I also copied down all the kanji that're in Nakama 2 off the internet. It's ridiculous. I mean, I know I can handle them, but there're kanji on that list that are Jouyou grade 7, and my class is only on the intermediate level. Mo! I know about half of them already, though... and the book covers two semesters, so... I should have them all by the time I go back to school. And then some, I hope.

Well, I had to miss school on Friday due to a doctors appointment and my mom has been getting pretty POed because they make us keep coming back. Anyways, I got a thing called a screen test that showed if I needed to have the scratch test (and we had to schedule another appointment). Lately though, I have just been editing and posting on my site.

Has anyone else had this retarded doctor crap?

Andywoo

Banned
The other day I was on an airplane, and as I stepped out of the bathroom and started walking to my seat, a flight attendant inquired where I was going >.>

Lol. She/He's smart.

Me and a mate were searching (snooping) through my house today when my parents were out and I duly came across my ancient N64. Needless to say we spent about the next 3-hours re-acquainting ourselves with it, and such classics as Goldeneye and Mario Kart. What a day it was....................

Oh yea, I've been told I have to stay up till about 11 tonight (a school night!) by my mum of all people so I can make sure her thing she is taping successfully finishes. Then I have to set the recorder for my show. Should finally be going to sleep at about mid-night tonight.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Well... Today I drove a boat...

To a sandbar...

In South Florida...

By Boat...

Which happens to be a method of transportation...

Which gets 1 mile to the gallon...

So tada!

Teenage Angst

» Nostalgia «
So far today, I've found out that my father boarded an airplane to Boston without telling me. My mom knew and my sisters knew, but for some reason I wasn't informed. Sometimes I feel as if I'm not treated like a human being.

I did go to a motorcycle grand prix or something like that a couple of weeks ago in England. It was pretty cool.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
So far today, I've found out that my father boarded an airplane to Boston without telling me. My mom knew and my sisters knew, but for some reason I wasn't informed. Sometimes I feel as if I'm not treated like a human being.

I know how you feel My family do that to because I they I act like a kid and that I won't understand but I don't always act like a kid and only do it when I am bored of being an adult or relax you see I kinda have a spit personalty mind.

latey I have be getting ready for uni I am a little stress but that olny because the unknow is comming but I am at a crossroad in what I want to do. Do I let idea flow and still study hard so I could use them or forget my idea and just grow up I suppose the answer will come to me one day.

Ethan

Banned
Guys, the first post said that you have to include a question at the end to keep the convo going. Please do so.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Baybeelon, this is my favorite thread!

I just thought I'd let you know.

And you didn't put a new topic at the end of your post...

So I shall attach one.

How do you like your steak cooked and why?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Guys, the first post said that you have to include a question at the end to keep the convo going. Please do so.

opp forgot about that Ok what do you guys feel stess about and how do you counter it and find a way to relax?

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
HEY YOU DIDN'T DO MINE.

But I'll do your out of pity, since my topics so much better.

I have a lot of stress in the family, what with my baby brother newly hatched with leukemia and me never living up to the ghost of my living sister, only because I seem to have found a job that I actually somewhat enjoy, and that I don't dream of marrying any man just for his money (Or any MAN, for that matter).

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Ah stress. Until you guys have taken Chinese, you don't know stress ;)
Seriously my best way to combat it is to stay ahead with my assignments. I always try to start stuff the day its assigned so I have plenty of time to space it out and do it

Status
Not open for further replies.